Shadow Hearts: Covenant pre-order (sort of) with Bonus game, free 3-day shipping

nachzeher

CAGiversary!
Feedback
121 (100%)
Okay, you guys probably have heard of this one, but here's the twist:

Midway has moved the game forward (from shipping on 09/27 to 09/24), and EBgames have taken away the right to pre-order (this ships today). However, GS is still allowing you to get the bonus with free- 3-day shipping. So yea, here you go:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=B281066A

If you don't deem this deal worthy enough and I'm just rehashing, feel free to lock/delete this thread. :D

UPDATE: GS deal is dead. Amazon still carries it though:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...110311-0486511?v=glance&s=videogames&n=507846

Though I'm not sure for how long more...

PSM reviews do that alot, that's one the reasons I didn't like it as a mag. It just stated the game was cool and gave me some details on the storyline...it never really satisfied my curiousity as to why the game is really cool.

Also, I didin't know they pushed up the date or even why, but something about it shipping on Saturday seems unusual. I was going to possibly preorder it tomorrow, but that plan maybe screwed now.

[quote name='cmdryuk']Yeah... I jumped on this today to make sure I could still get SH 1 with it...[/quote]

Same here, I was on the fence but I figured if I ever wanted to get it I should play the first one before hand.

[quote name='Freshwillis']Any chance that the game will come bundled to non-preordered copies of the game?[/quote]

Don't bet the house on it... I'd be highly highly suprised.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Freshwillis']Any chance that the game will come bundled to non-preordered copies of the game?[/quote]

Don't bet the house on it... I'd be highly highly suprised.[/quote]

Don't jump the gun, Midway has run promotions similar to this and they've stuck around long after preorders ended. THough I do doubt that the games will actually be bundled together for sale at B&M stores and such. However, don't forget I got a free MAT w/ The Suffering after it dropped in price about 5 months after release and the same thing happened with Psi-Ops and MK Deadly Alliance after it's release, and I think both were originally pre-order deals. I certainly wouldn't bet the house, but then again I wouldn't by extremely surprised for me to see the promotion still around online a month or two after release.

If I knew stores were doing this too then I'd wait around. But I haven't hear of any stores offering this promotion. Not CC, Target, BB, etc.

If anyone knows different let me know. Else I'll pull the trigger tonight and preorder this.

The way I see it, Shadow Hearts has to be at least worth $15. So it's like buying Covenent for $35.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='Freshwillis']Any chance that the game will come bundled to non-preordered copies of the game?[/quote]

Don't bet the house on it... I'd be highly highly suprised.[/quote]

Don't jump the gun, Midway has run promotions similar to this and they've stuck around long after preorders ended. THough I do doubt that the games will actually be bundled together for sale at B&M stores and such. However, don't forget I got a free MAT w/ The Suffering after it dropped in price about 5 months after release and the same thing happened with Psi-Ops and MK Deadly Alliance after it's release, and I think both were originally pre-order deals. I certainly wouldn't bet the house, but then again I wouldn't by extremely surprised for me to see the promotion still around online a month or two after release.[/quote]

Those promotions are why I'm wondering for this one. It would seem to make sense.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Shadow Hearts has to be at least worth $15. So it's like buying Covenent for $35.[/quote]

I'll be honest: Shadow Hearts is worth the $50 alone. The first 10 hours were good RPGing... then it turned completely around and became exactly what I wanted to play.

Yesterday on IGN gamestop store they had that deal plus overnight shipping BUT the game is suppose to ship today i believe and well fedex and UPS don't deliever on saturdays or sundays so overnight is garbage, oh well i still ordered it.

The GameStop I work at got the Shadow Hearts promo games today. They only got the EXACT number of copies for those that preordered ONLY. Don't count on finding one if you didn't preorder.

IGN Gamestore actually had the same deal yesterday only with free OVERNIGHT shipping. I hopped on it and cancelled my Gamestop order just in time. Whew! :)

You just had to bump it, didn't you. I was content to have forgotten about this, but thanks to your bump, I went ahead and ordered it. Thanks a lot. :wink:

The reason why this deal cannot directly be compared the the MAT and MK: DA deals, is that those games were still available retail. On the other hand, I believe Shadow Hearts is considered to be discontinued.

Like others have said, I wouldn't bet to much on this coming with non preorders.

[quote name='mynameisjonas']The reason why this deal cannot directly be compared the the MAT and MK: DA deals, is that those games were still available retail. On the other hand, I believe Shadow Hearts is considered to be discontinued.

Like others have said, I wouldn't bet to much on this coming with non preorders.[/quote]

It's not discontinued if they are releasing more now. The whole point of the promo is to give it to people who never played the first game due to the small numbers, and seeing as how Midway wasn't the publisher of the 1st game it's likely they weren't responible for the small numbers.

Also MK DA and MAT weren't the normal retail copies either. They were special promo copies much like these copies of Shadow Hearts will be. And I never said it was a given certainity, I was simply saying that given the Midway history of doing things there's a distinct possibility. To be honest, if you really want the 2nd game bad enough and haven't played the 1st then you may as well order it now. By the way IGN just gave it a 9.1 which is very good considering they gave the 1st game a 5.5.

The first game didnt deserve a 5.5 at all. In fact, the reviewer at IGN said this as well in his review of Covenant. Shadow Hearts is a kickass game (nice and dark) so anyone who hasnt played the first should pick the combo up for sure.

Also just to let you guys know, some EB stores (or all) have broken the street date. Some people already have the game

[quote name='Wario64']Also just to let you guys know, some EB stores (or all) have broken the street date. Some people already have the game[/quote]

Actually, Midway pushed the game forward 4 days, from shipping on 09/27 to shipping on 09/23.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:x :x :x :x :x
I am so fucking pissed right now. I was just about to buy this game because of the stellar reviews and they moved up the fucking street date so now none of the stores around me will throw in the original as part of the package.

Hell, the one guy at EB said, "Sure we got extra copies .... we're selling them for the preowned price."

I just can't believe I missed out on this awesome deal. I was really on the fence with this one until reading several good reviews. Looks like this one will not be the same as the MK:DA deal or the Activision deal, at least not right away. I am still hoping that I'll be able to find it bundled together somewhere, although I don't have my hopes up.

[quote name='rebthor']:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:x :x :x :x :x
I am so shaq-fuing pissed right now. I was just about to buy this game because of the stellar reviews and they moved up the shaq-fuing street date so now none of the stores around me will throw in the original as part of the package.

Hell, the one guy at EB said, "Sure we got extra copies .... we're selling them for the preowned price."

I just can't believe I missed out on this awesome deal. I was really on the fence with this one until reading several good reviews. Looks like this one will not be the same as the MK:DA deal or the Activision deal, at least not right away. I am still hoping that I'll be able to find it bundled together somewhere, although I don't have my hopes up.[/quote]

Try Gamestop, there's been rumors that they are selling them together or look online too. Actually I'd email Midway and let them know what EB said. They will be less than pleased to find out EB is profitting so much on promotional copies of a game that I doubt they allow for resell, they'd be especially pissed if they are sealed and EB sells them as used because Midway makes no money then.

[quote name='nachzeher']The GS deal is dead, bet bet is amazon.com[/quote]

Amazon is alive.

"Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 days from Toysrus.com'

haha, hope they carry it B&M.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='nachzeher']The GS deal is dead, bet bet is amazon.com[/quote]

Amazon is alive.

"Availability: Usually ships within 2 to 3 days from Toysrus.com'

haha, hope they carry it B&M.[/quote]
Do you know if they do? I'd rather get it today then have to pay and wait for amazon to get it to me.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']i ordered it saturday. i have a feeling it'll be worth it.[/quote]
It took me two hours to decide. $50 was hard to let go.

[quote name='nachzeher']Four hours into it, the battle system is amazing.[/quote]

Thanks makes me feel better now :) How did they come? bundled? or separate?

[quote name='masha'][quote name='nachzeher']Four hours into it, the battle system is amazing.[/quote]

Thanks makes me feel better now :) How did they come? bundled? or separate?[/quote]

I pre-ordered in a B&M EB. So I got SH first, since it arrived at the store first. From what I've heard from people who ordered online, they came together.

[quote name='nachzeher'][quote name='masha'][quote name='nachzeher']Four hours into it, the battle system is amazing.[/quote]

Thanks makes me feel better now :) How did they come? bundled? or separate?[/quote]

I pre-ordered in a B&M EB. So I got SH first, since it arrived at the store first. From what I've heard from people who ordered online, they came together.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Will wait for my amazon shipment now.

bread's done
Back