Shadow of Rome PS2 $19.99/14.99 with GGC @ bestbuy

Since this game was in the list of upcoming TRU markdowns, it's almost certainly a universal drop. Still, I think BB is the first to actually drop it, so good catch. With the GGC, Best Buy is my preferred place to buy it, so I'm glad they didn't make me wait.

Here's a direct link for the lazy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6927855&type=product&id=1097580318067

Edit: Crud! After doing the zip code thing, it appears very few BB stores actually have it. At least in Michigan. I might have to buy it used after coupon from EBGames, once they get around to dropping it.

[quote name='D. Monic']Since this game was in the list of upcoming TRU markdowns, it's almost certainly a universal drop. Still, I think BB is the first to actually drop it, so good catch. With the GGC, Best Buy is my preferred place to buy it, so I'm glad they didn't make me wait.

Here's a direct link for the lazy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6927855&type=product&id=1097580318067

Edit: Crud! After doing the zip code thing, it appears very few BB stores actually have it. At least in Michigan. I might have to buy it used after coupon from EBGames, once they get around to dropping it.[/QUOTE]

The zipcode-based product locator generally can not be trusted. Don't make a long drive expecting the game to be there, but if the store is nearby, it might be worth taking a look in-person.

Still can't pull the trigger... I think it's maybe hearing about the half ass stealth scenes that have put me off of ever trying this game.

Someone's smoking crack on the price, at least from the BB.com side of things.

When going to the BB.com link above, the price is $29.99, not $19.99. I didn't see the game at the BB I went to last night, so I can't say if it's in store at $20 or not.

[quote name='shrike4242']Someone's smoking crack on the price, at least from the BB.com side of things.

When going to the BB.com link above, the price is $29.99, not $19.99. I didn't see the game at the BB I went to last night, so I can't say if it's in store at $20 or not.[/QUOTE]
Hey, it went up! It really was $19.99 yesterday. Really!

Kind of surprising since it's dropping to $20 at TRU soon. I gotta think it's a universal drop. We shall see...

They changed it since yesterday. It was definitely 19.99 yesterday, cuz I looked into it a few times on BB's site. That sux.

It was a univeral price drop to $29.99 within the last two weeks. So I doubt seriously that it will be going down to $19.99 anytime soon. Bestbuy.com may have had a price mistake on it when they were lowering the price so if you were able to get it at that price good deal for you.

The game is total crap. The gladitorial parts are fun for a while, but the button mashing gets real old real quick. As mentioned above, there are half-assed stealth aspects. A few of these missions totally suck the fun out of the game. I'd wait for $5 before getting it.

(Yes, I did play it and beat it)

[quote name='uzumaki_star']It was a univeral price drop to $29.99 within the last two weeks. So I doubt seriously that it will be going down to $19.99 anytime soon. Bestbuy.com may have had a price mistake on it when they were lowering the price so if you were able to get it at that price good deal for you.[/QUOTE]
Well, according to this thread, it's going down to $20 at TRU in two days.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67925

Generally, if TRU drops the price, it's a universal drop. We'll see what happens later in the week.

bread's done
Back