Shadow of war and season pass 19.99 total at gamestop ps4 only

Umm, you are returning everything in the bundle.  The code is on the receipt being used to return it, it isn't like you bought the bundle, put the code in your pocket then just returned the game.  They are within their rights to claim that since part of the "bundle" is digital, then it is not returnable.  But, they don't do that.  This is not return fraud.  They have all the information in front of them, and you are at their mercy as to whether they accept it.  And on top of that, it isn't even really a bundle - it is a free bonus with purchase.

Let me ask anyone that really thinks all this, if you pre-order a new game that came with a pre-order code, then after it comes out to terrible reviews or you change your mind and return it unopened, is it return fraud there?  Because that is an interesting point of view, pretty much all big pre-order come with some kind of digital pre-order code.  And lots of people buy a game then change their mind later.  What you are saying with all of this is that every single one of those pre-ordered games that come with a code (not in the box, but emailed or on the receipt) are illegal to return, which is bullshit.

Yes, there is intent here to keep the free bonus on the return, and stores can deny a return if they suspect that - and stores do occasionally deny questionable returns, that is their recourse.  If they REALLY wanted to put a stop to it, they would set up a system to validate whether codes had been used.  But, that is expensive and not worth the trouble (and I really doubt Sony wants to open up refunds on digital code merchandise) - I'd feel certain they got those codes for close to free anyways, notice it is only PS4 - probably some kind of vendor promotion from WB.  It is often beneficial to provide incentives to retailers to make future big orders, and a load of digital codes to give out is a cheap way to do it.

Anyways, it doesn't really relate to me personally - I am keeping the game, my only "skin in the game" is they gave me a gutted copy I had to use Goo-Gone on to remove sticker residue.

Last edited by a moderator:
From GS.com

New product returns
Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in sellable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. Terms and conditions of manufacturer's warranty apply to defective video games systems and computer hardware after 30 days.

We do not accept returns of:

• Any product(s) returned more than 30 days from the date on the packing slip.
  • Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
  • Any product(s) not in its original condition.
  • Any product(s) that is damaged, played, or is missing parts.
  • Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete.
Perhaps you do not consider the code as part of a bundle, but, it is totally part of a bundle.
So, yeah, you are committing fraud.
Calling it gaming the system is justifying your actions.
And that's what one member wanted to do at the start of the thread. He wanted to use the code and return the game. My continued stance is, GameStop is a shady ass company. It's fair game regardless of their policies on returns. It's up to the GameStop employee to catch the mistake. If they don't, too damn bad for them.

Uh, returning something you stole is restitution.

I watched an episode of law & order, so I totally know.
Then you probably didn't understand the episode, watch it again. If you steal from a retailer and try and return to the same retailer or another unsuspecting retailer without a receipt to make money off of it, that's a legit crime.

What's really fraudulent is GameStop trying to sell "brand new" items when there's a decent or high probability that item was either in their demo machines or at least one employee took it home to play the shit out of the game while you walk into the store paying full price for that same game. I have no love lost for GameStop, they are a really shitty retailer and i'm so fucking glad that digital sales are picking up because that just means they are closer to going out of business.

It's really sad that we're arguing about this. Just do what you want. Does it really matter if Gamestop gets it's codes back? When I worked there more often than not the employees just ended up using the returned codes. Literally it doesn't matter.

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
noun
the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

What's really fraudulent is GameStop trying to sell "brand new" items when there's a decent or high probability that item was either in their demo machines or at least one employee took it home to play the shit out of the game while you walk into the store paying full price for that same game. I have no love lost for GameStop, they are a really shitty retailer and i'm so fucking glad that digital sales are picking up because that just means they are closer to going out of business.
You have the right to refuse a open copy, or take it to another store and exchange for a sealed one. Gamestop isn't forcing anyone to take those games. They even tell you when you buy it that its the last copy and ask if it's ok. You must not be a true CAG if you want Gamestop to close..

They even tell you when you buy it that its the last copy and ask if it's ok.
This is not always the case. I've gotten gutted "new" copies from online orders and employees sneaking them into the bag without even the circle sticker on the case and without saying anything. And yes it has the new sticker and is rung up as new. It's deceptive and arguing that it isn't is ridiculous. That being said, I am in no way in favor of any sort of return fraud or GameStop closing, but I'll take advantage of trade deals and ride out GameStop as long as they'll let me.

I saw there were a couple people that wanted to buy the code for $10. Willing to trade for PSN credit

This is not always the case. I've gotten gutted "new" copies from online orders and employees sneaking them into the bag without even the circle sticker on the case and without saying anything. And yes it has the new sticker and is rung up as new. It's deceptive and arguing that it isn't is ridiculous. That being said, I am in no way in favor of any sort of return fraud or GameStop closing, but I'll take advantage of trade deals and ride out GameStop as long as they'll let me.
I agree sticking them in the bag like that and open copies from online orders is bad. I guess I've been lucky but I don't do many online orders except CE games. My local store the same guys are always in there and know me by name so they always let me know it's an open copy. Once in awhile they try to get me to buy something useless like a talking Chewbacca for $100 but that's because I'm always in there and have a bunch trade credit.

Question..I’m planning on returning a used game I got yesterday. I don’t really wanna hurt anyone’s numbers. I just wanna know why they get so butthurt Everytime a customer returns something. What exactly happens to em? Their hours get cut short?

bread's done
Back