Shadow of war and season pass 19.99 total at gamestop ps4 only

Is it at the very, very bottom? I'm also CST. I'll try again at another store tomorrow.

I dunno what it is... some stores don't have it printed, and others do.
Did you ever get that figured out? I'm thinking of giving this a shot before the ad ends.

Did you ever get that figured out? I'm thinking of giving this a shot before the ad ends.
Too friggin' hot yesterday, and I convinced myself not to go. Too backlogged to even play the DLC anyway, so it'd be $20 for nothing. And I really didn't want to spend another 30 minutes of my life and come up with nothing again. (15 minutes drive each way to a Gamestop)

Having said that, I'll try again in a couple of hours. I need to put a pre-order down for that RDR 2 GS-only Ultimate Edition. Trade in this other copy of SOW to the next-door BB for $10, so really the SP would be about $10 after all.

does anyone know if there has ever been a game that got a goty/complete/ultimate edition after having a gold edition?

Alright I just came back and it worked!

The code on the receipt is where Beta1986 said it was.  

If you don't ask for a new copy, they'll automatically ring you up a used copy.  If you ask for a new copy, they'll tell you about how the used copy is cheaper.  But besides that, the guy looked up the stock on the computer and said there was none within 200 miles.  This is wrong (at least for games on sale).

Politely ask them to check the drawers.  When a game goes on sale or has some sort of promotion, it gets removed from the inventory systems.  (I believe the website is accurate for availability if you choose the in-store pick-up option)

If you want to get this, I'd suggest you hurry because limited copies of new is a real thing.  The code on the receipt says it expires 12/31/2018 (4 months from now)

----

I felt good about the win and PO'ed RDR2 UE there too to help him get his preorder numbers up.  When I did this, he went on about POing the new Spider-Man, and a slew of other upcoming games.  Then went on about these new DC/Anime figures, which looked pretty cool IMO.  But I was in a hurry to trade in SOW at BB.  

Came out of BB and got $11.17 on GC.  

Worked perfectly today. I own the game digitally and just wanted season pass. The guy let me buy the game and trade it back in used in same transaction.

I called about this deal on Friday and they said they have no record of this being legit lol.  Is it a bug in their system or some shit?  Might go try and snag a copy tonight.

Is this game supposed to be bad or people just hate it because of the microtransaction controversy? I noticed a 3.8 user score on metacritic lol.

Is this game supposed to be bad or people just hate it because of the microtransaction controversy? I noticed a 3.8 user score on metacritic lol.
They hated it because the micro transactions and particularly the grindy end game that tried to make them more desirable. It wasn't helped by them initially trying to monetize the memorial DLC for the guy on the team that died. It also came out before Battlefront 2 that said "Hold My Beer" on how to abuse microtransactions.

placed a hold for a new copy online. get there and it's GameStop "new" (opened, obvious wear, stickers, etc). i ask the employee if there are any more copies and she acts like i just asked her for a kidney. i then have to explain why i would like her to check for other copies before she finally does. she seemed really annoyed that she actually had to turn around and unlock a drawer. then she pulls out two more "new" copies. one of them looked a little better so i switched. then i mention the free season pass and she's like let me check. after a moment on the computer, she tells me no, it's not included. so, i tell her well your online ad shows that it is. now she's even more annoyed. another moment later and she says, yeah it is. then while she's bagging it up, she says i haven't sold one of these in a while. a bunch of people say it sucks. yeah, it's bad. i'm like wtf. she just had a bad attitude throughout the whole transaction and no customer service skills. now i remember why i don't shop at GameStop. anyways, got the game and season pass. lol

Omegafox...did u do the survey on your receipt? You should. Unlike most retailers, gamestop actually reads those and takes them seriously

placed a hold for a new copy online. get there and it's GameStop "new" (opened, obvious wear, stickers, etc). i ask the employee if there are any more copies and she acts like i just asked her for a kidney. i then have to explain why i would like her to check for other copies before she finally does. she seemed really annoyed that she actually had to turn around and unlock a drawer. then she pulls out two more "new" copies. one of them looked a little better so i switched. then i mention the free season pass and she's like let me check. after a moment on the computer, she tells me no, it's not included. so, i tell her well your online ad shows that it is. now she's even more annoyed. another moment later and she says, yeah it is. then while she's bagging it up, she says i haven't sold one of these in a while. a bunch of people say it sucks. yeah, it's bad. i'm like wtf. she just had a bad attitude throughout the whole transaction and no customer service skills. now i remember why i don't shop at GameStop. anyways, got the game and season pass. lol
I picked it up yesterday, and also got a "new" copy that had been opened and sealed again with one of those stupid stickers they use that leaves sticky residue on the box. At least the employee was nice and friendly though. But yeah, I despise their concept of "new" - especially since they give you a case that has been through a bunch of hands and sealed with shitty stickers. Back in college years long ago at Electronics Boutique we gutted games, but at least we had the decency to shrink wrap them to prevent wear - and that was for SNES games where most people didn't even keep the box to hold the games, and customers always got a shrink wrapped copy if we had one first. I'd also happily re-shrink wrap it if it was for a gift or something. That's why I rarely buy things new at Gamestop these days.

Associate tried to sell me a gutter copy and said it was new- honestly don’t understand how any company can do this- gamestop just takes advantage knowing that their consumers are mostly 16 year olds who come in without parents or retail standards.

Bought it at another gamestop actually new and when I returned it the guy inspected the case for 5 minutes trying to see if I resealed it...

Jfc

I picked it up yesterday, and also got a "new" copy that had been opened and sealed again with one of those stupid stickers they use that leaves sticky residue on the box. At least the employee was nice and friendly though. But yeah, I despise their concept of "new" - especially since they give you a case that has been through a bunch of hands and sealed with shitty stickers. Back in college years long ago at Electronics Boutique we gutted games, but at least we had the decency to shrink wrap them to prevent wear - and that was for SNES games where most people didn't even keep the box to hold the games, and customers always got a shrink wrapped copy if we had one first. I'd also happily re-shrink wrap it if it was for a gift or something. That's why I rarely buy things new at Gamestop these days.
Shrink wrap machines cost more in insurance than GS is willing to pay out, plus many stores don’t physically have the room for one.

Shrink wrap machines cost more in insurance than GS is willing to pay out, plus many stores don’t physically have the room for one.
Gutted and re-wrapped isn’t the same as new, so that wouldn’t be worth the trouble. It is either a factory sealed new game or it is not. If it is not, then they can call it whatever they like (gutted, open box, “new”,etc)

That’s still not a valid excuse. Each store could just wait until the first traded in copy of a game to use that as a display. Other than a kid do people even go into Gamestop just to look? A video game case has never sold me on a game even when I was young. Even then I would imagine any kid nowadays watches YouTube videos or something and decide they want said game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate tried to sell me a gutter copy and said it was new- honestly don’t understand how any company can do this- gamestop just takes advantage knowing that their consumers are mostly 16 year olds who come in without parents or retail standards.

Bought it at another gamestop actually new and when I returned it the guy inspected the case for 5 minutes trying to see if I resealed it...

Jfc
“I hate GameStop so I stole a season pass”

Gutted and re-wrapped isn’t the same as new, so that wouldn’t be worth the trouble. It is either a factory sealed new game or it is not. If it is not, then they can call it whatever they like (gutted, open box, “new”,etc)
That is true, I'd say they reside in the "Open Box" area somewhere between "New" and "Used". Most other retailers put a discount on "Open Box" merchandise. Even if an employee had checked it out, I'd still say it isn't quite "Used" more of a "Demo". But at the end of the day, I still think they should be discounting these.

Back when I worked at Electronics Boutique, some odd 25 years ago, shrink wrap machines were standard. We always opened one and only one copy (unless we were shipped empty boxes, which was rare) and shrink wrapped it for display. If you checked it out, that was the one that got checked out and the documentation had to remain unblemished. And that display copy was only sold if we were completely out of the game. I'd always tell the customer if it was the last one, in case they would rather wait.

Part of Gamestop's problem is for new big games, they gut like 5 or more copies to make a bigger display. And after the game is older, they revert down to one and sell the others. The employees then sell them like they are any other sealed copy, which they aren't. Gamestop is too cheap to invest in security gates and plastic prisons, and apparently has cut back on the shrink wrap machines.

Jfc
See, I would have raised a stink and called them out for the fact that like you said their other store wanted to sell you a gutted copy as new and his store has the balls to inspect your return for 5 minutes.

Thankfully, with Amazon and digital games gaining momentum, Gamestop is feeling the squeeze and are now looking for a new buyer. One day those scum bags will be out of business.

See, I would have raised a stink and called them out for the fact that like you said their other store wanted to sell you a gutted copy as new and his store has the balls to inspect your return for 5 minutes.

Thankfully, with Amazon and digital games gaining momentum, Gamestop is feeling the squeeze and are now looking for a new buyer. One day those scum bags will be out of business.
The employee was probably puzzled that a customer bought a new game at a Gamestop and it was actually sealed ... :)

Yeah, one would think a store that specializes in gaming would have more respect for things that gamers appreciate. Their policies are more like Walmart, do things as cheap as possible. If you plan to charge premium prices, you have to provide premium service. If you are going to provide discount/cheap service, you need to compete on pricing. Gamestop's idea of "premium service" is to hire a bunch of people to tell you that whatever console they don't have sucks and you need to pre-order a game a year in advance "to make sure you get a copy". The employees that actually care and are helpful don't last long because they aren't moving enough pre-orders or used games.

Are you seriously advocating that in the midst of committing return fraud, that he start a fight with the employee who probably just thinks it's weird that he is returning a game he bought 10 minutes ago at another Gamestop? Even if you're cool what he's doing, drawing attention to himself would just be stupid.

Are you seriously advocating that in the midst of committing return fraud, that he start a fight with the employee who probably just thinks it's weird that he is returning a game he bought 10 minutes ago at another Gamestop? Even if you're cool what he's doing, drawing attention to himself would just be stupid.
Seeing that it's Gamestop we're talking about and they are the company known for taking advantage of their customers, yeah I have NO problems taking advantage of those scumbags, my conscience is clean. It's fair game.

Let me know how that works as a defense when charged.
Now that's a bit of a stretch. Gamestop was within their rights to refuse the return as the sale included digital items which are non-returnable, but suggesting he would be charged legally for returning a game for which they got a free digital code is being a little absurd. And technically they did get the code back as it was on the receipt that was used to return it.

I guess it is a "moral" crime though, and I think his point is Gamestop does lots of things morally wrong as well. Two wrongs don't make a right, but it is what it is and you are going to have a hard finding sympathy for Gamestop among gamers given their practices.

Just heard that they’re making a definitive edition of shadow of war. Makes sense. I guess no goty Edition huh
well, i guess that answers my question i had earlier about whether they still make complete editions if they already have gold editions. after seeing the definitive edition announcement, i was kinda mad at first since i just did this GS deal and already used the code. however, it's going to be $60 so i wouldn't have bought it right away anyways. if it's all on disc, i might double dip when it gets cheap enough but most likely won't care by the time that happens.

Anybody have a spare Season Pass for 10 bucks? Sadly, just found out about this today, and it's far too late to grab a copy...

Now that's a bit of a stretch. Gamestop was within their rights to refuse the return as the sale included digital items which are non-returnable, but suggesting he would be charged legally for returning a game for which they got a free digital code is being a little absurd. And technically they did get the code back as it was on the receipt that was used to return it.

I guess it is a "moral" crime though, and I think his point is Gamestop does lots of things morally wrong as well. Two wrongs don't make a right, but it is what it is and you are going to have a hard finding sympathy for Gamestop among gamers given their practices.
Return fraud is an actual crime, selling used games as new isn't.

Return fraud is an actual crime, selling used games as new isn't.
Bullshit, returning something you stole is an actual crime which is considered return fraud. I worked in retail so I know. Returning something you bought and have the receipt but decided to game the system is not a crime. It's up to GameSucks to decide if you used the code or not. If they refund your money, then good for you.

Again, taking advantage of GameSucks is far better than them doing it to you.

Sorry no dog in this fight. But I had to stop and laugh at the “I worked in retail so I know”

Obviously everyone that was worked retail understands all of its aspects.

Hence the reason I keep giving good reviews to Gs employees. It’s for their knowledge of return fraud. Oh and they probably really understand profit margins for retail too

Bullshit, returning something you stole is an actual crime which is considered return fraud. I worked in retail so I know. Returning something you bought and have the receipt but decided to game the system is not a crime. It's up to GameSucks to decide if you used the code or not. If they refund your money, then good for you.

Why even shop at Gamestop if you are so concerned of them taking advantage of you? Vote with your wallet and go elsewhere.

I know what return fraud is....and this ain’t it

But it doesn’t make what he’s doing any less wrong
This is definitely fraudulent, as you are buying merchandise without the intent to keep it. Not only that but this is costing GS money, as they are certainly paying something for those codes that get printed out. This falls very close to typical receipt fraud, where people use a fake or altered receipt to receive more money than they payed. In this situation you are being similarly enriched, just without doctoring a receipt, to the detriment of Gamestop. Proving that you knowingly are committing fraud is probably close to impossible, so criminal charges aren't likely. But that doesn't change the fact that it's fraud.

Not all return fraud is necessarily illegal by state statutes. Wardrobe fraud is a common example where people buy clothes, wear them once, and return them the next day. It's technically within the stores return policy to allow for returns in these situations, but they are being hurt as now they have a piece of used merchandise that they can no longer sell as new. Even this kind of return fraud is being cracked down on in some states. So the idea that stealing a Season Pass code can't be return fraud is just not true.

This is definitely fraudulent, as you are buying merchandise without the intent to keep it. Not only that but this is costing GS money, as they are certainly paying something for those codes that get printed out. This falls very close to typical receipt fraud, where people use a fake or altered receipt to receive more money than they payed. In this situation you are being similarly enriched, just without doctoring a receipt, to the detriment of Gamestop. Proving that you knowingly are committing fraud is probably close to impossible, so criminal charges aren't likely. But that doesn't change the fact that it's fraud.

Not all return fraud is necessarily illegal by state statutes. Wardrobe fraud is a common example where people buy clothes, wear them once, and return them the next day. It's technically within the stores return policy to allow for returns in these situations, but they are being hurt as now they have a piece of used merchandise that they can no longer sell as new. Even this kind of return fraud is being cracked down on in some states. So the idea that stealing a Season Pass code can't be return fraud is just not true.
It's not fraudulent. You bought something, they gave you a receipt. You returned the item unopened, it's up to GameStop to check and decide if you used the code or not and whether to refund your money. If they refund your money, then some Angel in heaven probably got their wings. It's called gaming the system which GameStop are Pro's at. What goes around comes around.

It's not fraudulent. You bought something, they gave you a receipt. You returned the item unopened, it's up to GameStop to check and decide if you used the code or not and whether to refund your money. If they refund your money, then some Angel in heaven probably got their wings. It's called gaming the system which GameStop are Pro's at. What goes around comes around.
From GS.com

New product returns
Returned product(s) must be in the original packaging and include any manuals, cabling and accessories in sellable condition. We reserve the right to limit returns to unopened or defective products. Defective product(s) will be replaced with a like item, upon return. Terms and conditions of manufacturer's warranty apply to defective video games systems and computer hardware after 30 days.

We do not accept returns of:

• Any product(s) returned more than 30 days from the date on the packing slip.
  • Any product(s) that has been opened (taken out of its plastic wrap).
  • Any product(s) not in its original condition.
  • Any product(s) that is damaged, played, or is missing parts.
  • Any product(s) that were sold as part of a bundle, unless the bundle is returned complete.
Perhaps you do not consider the code as part of a bundle, but, it is totally part of a bundle.
So, yeah, you are committing fraud.
Calling it gaming the system is justifying your actions.

Naah...I bought AC Origins in a "digital bundle" last year...it was the physical game and the the season pass for $70.  The total came out to like $73 and change because they taxed the game but not the season pass.  The season pass printed on the bottom of the receipt, but the receipt showed the game at $39.99 and the pass at $29.99...both were discounted at the time. 

A few weeks later I decided I didn't want ACO anymore and took the receipt in to return the bundle.  I was straight up and honest about what I wanted to do.  They didn't tell me I was committing fraud, lol.  They just said only the game was returnable.  They refunded me $43 and change for the game but I was stuck with the season pass for $30.   No questions or suspicions.  Since the code was non-refundable or returnable I was just stuck with it.  That's their attitude when it's a $30 code or a freebie.  

Same thing when I've bought games that come with a freebie for pre-ordering. I've bought a game, had buyer's remorse, returned the unopened game where I bought it and got a refund.  If I tell them "what do you want to do with the code at the bottom of the receipt for a free character upgrade" they just laugh and ask if I want the receipt back.  If I say "no" they throw the receipt in the trash. They don't save the receipt and email the unused code back to publisher. 

Now I'm not talking about "intent," I'm just talking about facts of the matter when you are within the return window printed on the receipt. 

I cant believe that you guys are arguing you are doing nothing wrong. At least trade the game in lol. It is like 10 dollars for the pass then.....

I really hope you guys understand and just dont care. It is really black and white in this case...

Uh, returning something you stole is restitution.

I watched an episode of law & order, so I totally know.

bread's done
Back