Shadow OT Collossus,Jak X ,SlyCooper 3,Rachet Deadlock,SOCOM3 - 14.99 with GGC at BB

spamfree2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
MODS: Please delete if this is a repeat.. Thnx

Went to Circuit City yesterday and saw the display(standee). Not sure when the price will drop though, hopefully by next weekend.

***Update 8/2/06***

Best Buy has this marked 19.99 in store (14.99 + tax if you can get the GGC).

Just go and get it there. I did. CC is such a hassle in getting them to price adjust.

***UPDATE 8/1/06 ***

People have been reporting that CC's computers are ringing up the games at 19.99. CC's website has been updated with the prices. SOTC is missing from the website though. Looks like the 2 for $30 is a go!!!

***UPDATE****

Its starting to look like the games aren't going to be dropped until 8/6. If your CC has the display up. It does say in print that they are 19.99. You can point that out and hopefully they can adjust it. Some people have reported getting it done already. It is starting to look like YMMV with this one.

(7/30/06 - 8/5/06) Circuit City ad ---------> $30 for any 2 games under $20.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101415 thanks to Speedy1961

SHADOW OF THE COLLOSSUS
RACHET DEADLOCK
SLY COOPER 3
JAK X RACING
SOCOM III

PSP GH titles were also present.

I did see Twisted Metal and Ape Escape... The others I can not confirm from memory.

According to PSXEXTREME.
(referenced from http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/548.html )

"Sony is kicking off its PSP Greatest Hits line on July 25th. Titles getting the budget treatment are: Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout Pure, ATV Offroad Fury, Ape Escape, Twisted Metal, Midnight Club 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire."

Pick it up now before the ugly cover comes out....

[quote name='62t']Should I play ICO before SotC?[/quote]

I would say the exact opposite.
Although SOC is a great game, it can't even touch the feeling you get from ICO.
Go for SOC first.

[quote name='trunks982']Went to BB to pricematch using the CC ad for the buy 2 for $30 but its a no go. so i just bought SoC with the $5 off coupon.[/quote]red or no red?

[quote name='trunks982']Went to BB to pricematch using the CC ad for the buy 2 for $30 but its a no go. so i just bought SoC with the $5 off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Hmm..I had no problems PM'ing at BB, the CC ad ...you should've tried other Best Buy's in your neighbourhood.

i got the non GH. The lady asked one of the higher rank. She said no promotions, like buy 2 for $30, buy 1 get 1 free, stuff like that. she said its only ones with the prices on them. thats the nearest BB i went to.

Just finished Ratchet: DL. Liked it overall, but my favorite in the series is still UYA. For those who have played and beaten UYA, you'll enjoy the after credits video for sure.

[quote name='toneroni']DMC 2 really that bad? I thought of playing it to complete the trilogy[/quote]

That's what I was thinking: Either get all 3 and finish the story, or not by at all. That's why I was wondering if DMC3 has any storyline reference to the DM1 and 2.

Thanks guys for your feedback :)

If you are playing DMC for the story, you are playing the game for the wrong reasons. DMC is awesome because it is a VERY deep, VERY well-thought out action game, more akin to the precise combat of Viewtiful Joe than slugfests like Dynasty Warriors.

Its plot is non-existant, for the most part. Hell, DMC3's cutscenes were just there for the characters to show off.

It's the same reason I bought Prince of Persia trilogy and Onimusha for the story + the action of course.

Don't get me wrong, story is not the only thing I am buying DMC for, it's just that I am worried I'd miss out on the story and just hack and slash thru the game, no different than Dynasty warriors.

God of War and Shadow of the Colussus for $30? I'm in. So I just have to buy a $30 gamer gift card, then go back to the games, pick those two up, go to a different cashier and the card will cover everything except tax?

I think you'd have to buy two cards.

Many BB locations have the GH sticker on the outer package, so the game inside is still the original print.

Is PoP3 going to be GH? It is 19.99 also.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Most cashiers will let you apply the cash to the card and immediately apply the card. They know what you're doing.[/quote]

Yeah, I haven't run into any trouble doing it.

But like I said, you might want to tell them what you're doing ahead of time, as I have been told that they have to do two transactions, to be able to activate the gift card and then use it towards the game you're purchasing.

[quote name='yukine']But like I said, you might want to tell them what you're doing ahead of time, as I have been told that they have to do two transactions, to be able to activate the gift card and then use it towards the game you're purchasing.[/quote]

They do.

Yeah, I've run into one cashier who let me scan the coupon and put the case back on the shelf (so as not to waste time and plastic).

Usually they are cool with it if you explain, but some of them just don't understand (the two transaction thing).

I figure they might get in trouble if they just scan the coupon, so I don't insist.

I picked up SotC, Socom 3 and Rachet for $14.99 each after the $5 BB/PSU coupons. I may pick up Sly 3 and/or Jak X later with my spare GCC, but not sure if they are as good as the other 3 titles.

Are Sly 3 and Jak X any good? I already have Sly 2 and Jak 2 & 3.

[quote name='eau']I picked up SotC, Socom 3 and Rachet for $14.99 each after the $5 BB/PSU coupons. I may pick up Sly 3 and/or Jak X later with my spare GCC, but not sure if they are as good as the other 3 titles.

Are Sly 3 and Jak X any good? I already have Sly 2 and Jak 2 & 3.[/quote]

Sly 3 is similar to Sly 2, not better than Sly 2 in my opinion.

Forgot to mention that I saw a crapload of the new SotC with the printed GH banner at Target. The red banner doesn't really go well with the SotC cover color.

Better act quick if you want the non-GH cover ;)

bread's done
Back