Shadow OT Collossus,Jak X ,SlyCooper 3,Rachet Deadlock,SOCOM3 - 14.99 with GGC at BB

spamfree2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
MODS: Please delete if this is a repeat.. Thnx

Went to Circuit City yesterday and saw the display(standee). Not sure when the price will drop though, hopefully by next weekend.

***Update 8/2/06***

Best Buy has this marked 19.99 in store (14.99 + tax if you can get the GGC).

Just go and get it there. I did. CC is such a hassle in getting them to price adjust.

***UPDATE 8/1/06 ***

People have been reporting that CC's computers are ringing up the games at 19.99. CC's website has been updated with the prices. SOTC is missing from the website though. Looks like the 2 for $30 is a go!!!

***UPDATE****

Its starting to look like the games aren't going to be dropped until 8/6. If your CC has the display up. It does say in print that they are 19.99. You can point that out and hopefully they can adjust it. Some people have reported getting it done already. It is starting to look like YMMV with this one.

(7/30/06 - 8/5/06) Circuit City ad ---------> $30 for any 2 games under $20.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101415 thanks to Speedy1961

SHADOW OF THE COLLOSSUS
RACHET DEADLOCK
SLY COOPER 3
JAK X RACING
SOCOM III

PSP GH titles were also present.

I did see Twisted Metal and Ape Escape... The others I can not confirm from memory.

According to PSXEXTREME.
(referenced from http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/548.html )

"Sony is kicking off its PSP Greatest Hits line on July 25th. Titles getting the budget treatment are: Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout Pure, ATV Offroad Fury, Ape Escape, Twisted Metal, Midnight Club 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire."

Pick it up now before the ugly cover comes out....

I just got back from the Target in Forestville MD. They have black top sotc for $19.99 They had 4 and I only grabbed one so there is 3 still up for grabs. Dunno if other targets have them marked down or not.

CC's web site now has the new prices for Sly 3, Ratchet Deadlocked, and Socom III. Can't seem to find SotC on their site though.

I just picked up SotC and SOCOMIII from CC, they were both still marked 39.99 and 49.99. I asked if they could pricematch BB and they looked it up on their site, but went to ring it up and they were both 19.99. Did the 2 for 30 and got both games for $30 total :D

Just got back from CC in South Florida. I got Paper Mario and Shadow of the Colossus for the $31.80. My copy of SOTC is the original one, not Greatest Hits. This CC has like 8+ copies of SOTC original release.

Just got the email from Gamestop:

Last week Sony announced five titles for the PSP bestowed with 'Greatest Hits' status. This week, there are five additional PS2 titles which have earned the same ranking. They include:

# SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy Seals
# Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
# Shadow of Colossus
# Ratchet: Deadlocked
# Jak X: Combat Racing

The best part about this for you is that all these games are now priced at $19.99. Visit your local GameStop or click here to purchase one of these new additions to the Greatest Hits collection.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281345&affid=3000&source=0801

[quote name='The Truth']The new GH games were still regularly priced at my CC (I'm guessing until Tuesday (8/1)). Picked up Mega Man X Collection (PS2) and Paper Mario (GC) as part of the 2 for $30 deal.

I think they're also clearancing the orange Nintendo GC controllers. I got the last one on display for $11.96.[/quote]
Mega Man X is $19.99? I think I'll be getting that, and Shadow of the Colossus. If I can make my way to CC, it's so fucking far.

[quote name='jasonlives13']Just got the email from Gamestop:

Last week Sony announced five titles for the PSP bestowed with 'Greatest Hits' status. This week, there are five additional PS2 titles which have earned the same ranking. They include:

# SOCOM 3: U.S. Navy Seals
# Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
# Shadow of Colossus
# Ratchet: Deadlocked
# Jak X: Combat Racing

The best part about this for you is that all these games are now priced at $19.99. Visit your local GameStop or click here to purchase one of these new additions to the Greatest Hits collection.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=281345&affid=3000&source=0801[/QUOTE]

LMAO, the used price is still $34.99.

Got my SotC at BB today.. good old GGC! Found some penny guides while I was there too, so a nice day overall!

[quote name='DustBoogie']LMAO, the used price is still $34.99.

Got my SotC at BB today.. good old GGC! Found some penny guides while I was there too, so a nice day overall![/quote]

Yeah, I might just have to go to BB and GGC it, I don't think I can bother with going to CC.

Just picked up an non GH version of Sly 3 and Shadow of the Colossus at the Best Buy in Gaithersburg, MD (Shady Grove Road). They had about 5 of the Shadow left and a ton of Slys (20+) (all original packages, no Red GH labels)

[quote name='DustBoogie']LMAO, the used price is still $34.99.

Got my SotC at BB today.. good old GGC! Found some penny guides while I was there too, so a nice day overall![/QUOTE]

actually the used price is $17.99 when you click on them. However when I called my local EB(about Ratchet: Deadlocked) they checked for me and said that it was still in the system as $39.99 new and $34.99 used.

Hopefully it will change over later tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='tototheexplorer']Ahhhhh...my CC still hasn't adjusted prices. :roll:[/quote]

Don't believe the labels. I took Ratchet and Socom 3 to the counter and sure enough they came up $19.99. They didn't want to honor the 2 for $30.00, but after some arguing back and forth they did it.
The know it all cashier told me at first how these were discounted from their original prices and therefore were not part of the 2 for $30.00 deal...moron!!
Finally, she ended the conversation by saying that the manager had agreed to do it as a favor to me, but that 'she was right'!. I love this customer service...it's always about the cashier being right, even when the customer gets his way...:bomb:

[quote name='dragonjud']The know it all cashier told me at first how these were discounted from their original prices and therefore were not part of the 2 for $30.00 deal...moron!![/QUOTE]

I just got the same BS at my local CC. I just bought the games and going to get a price adjustment.

Just picked up the black-label SotC at BB in Bellevue, WA w/ my first use of the GGC for $16.31. I had to get a sales asst to scan to see if they had more in the back, as they were out of stock up front. Sure enough they had 8 left. As well, there were 4 or 5 Sly 3's and similar quantities of Deadlocked all black-label should any Bellevue peeps be interested.

[quote name='dragonjud']Don't believe the labels. I took Ratchet and Socom 3 to the counter and sure enough they came up $19.99. They didn't want to honor the 2 for $30.00, but after some arguing back and forth they did it.
The know it all cashier told me at first how these were discounted from their original prices and therefore were not part of the 2 for $30.00 deal...moron!!
Finally, she ended the conversation by saying that the manager had agreed to do it as a favor to me, but that 'she was right'!. I love this customer service...it's always about the cashier being right, even when the customer gets his way...:bomb:[/quote]

What is with people like that? When I work retail, I actually TRY to make sure that customers are pleased with my service... I consider it a personal failure when they are not...

Bought Shadow of the Colossus (marked at $39.99) and another recent GH PS2 game (marked at $29.99) at Circuit City on Sunday; both were non-GH versions. The $29.99 game scanned at $19.99 but SotC scanned at the marked $39.99. Went back today and SotC scans at $19.99.

However, first the cashier told me the 2 for $30 was limited to certain games. I pointed out the ad says *all* games $19.99 or under.

Then the cashier claimed the $19.99 for SotC is a "sale" price and therefore not eligible for 2 for $30. I maintained that $19.99 is the new regular price for SotC, and showed a printout from BB website that their regular price for SotC is $19.99 (I would have brough CC website printout, but I can't find SotC on the CC site). Cashier wouldn't budge, so I asked to speak to the manager, who gave me the 2 for $30 deal, plus 10% adjustment.

Bottom line: bring documentation and don't take No for an answer.

Went to CC and they were out of SOTC so I went to BB and got a black label for 19.99 and used the gift card coupon so it was around 15. Also picked up a black label Hot Shots for PSP using the same method. Sweet deal. Thanks to all you CAGs!!

Hmm...guess I'll just have to try tomorrow and see if it rings up $19.99. So SotC and...Pikmin 2? Paper Mario? Brain Training? The possibilities are mind-boggling (or not).

I stopped at my local GameStop and asked the guy behind the counter if Shadow of the Colossus was "Greatest Hits" price. He looked up from his DS, blinked and said it wasn't. I swung by Best Buy, and they had multiple copies of the original (black label) Colossus priced at $19.99. After I got home, GameStop sent out their newsletter promoting the price drop on Colossus..?:wall:

I didn't bother with CC. Judging from some of the stories posted, it's just as well that I didn't.

I went today and they had a display of the NEW GH games (SOTC, Socom 3, etc). They only had 1 black label SOTC so I grabbed that and Socom 3. I also found Half Life 2 for $8.96 so I got that too. They tried to tell me I couldnt get SOTC and Socom 3 2 for 30 because they were on sale. I told them that was their price and showed the add that says ALL games 19.99 or less are $30. They took me to customer service and tried to tell me the same thing but finally said they'd give them to me for $30. When I got home I noticed they charged me $15.99 a piece. Jackasses....

Bought SOTC from Best Buy. Didn't see a game I wanted enough for $10 at Circuit City, much less put up with the hassle.

All copies were regular cover, too.

[quote name='gantt']
However, first the cashier told me the 2 for $30 was limited to certain games. I pointed out the ad says *all* games $19.99 or under.

Then the cashier claimed the $19.99 for SotC is a "sale" price and therefore not eligible for 2 for $30.[/quote]

I got the same song and dance from my cashier. I didn't have a printout with me and my conversation didn't get me anywhere, so I left the store, went to Best Buy and picked up the games I wanted with the GGC coupons. I'm returning all of the games I bought at CC a week earlier later today; I have no problems taking my business elsewhere. :roll:

Tried to block it at CC, but I pointed out the ad where it clearly says ALL game $19.99 or less. Game. Set. Match. Ratchet Deadlocked and Sly 3 for the win? Yes.

[quote name='PrivatePixel']I got the same song and dance from my cashier. I didn't have a printout with me and my conversation didn't get me anywhere, so I left the store, went to Best Buy and picked up the games I wanted with the GGC coupons. I'm returning all of the games I bought at CC a week earlier later today; I have no problems taking my business elsewhere. :roll:[/quote]

Had the same issue here. I just returned it and picked up games at BB.

Went to my CC and got SOTC, Tekken 5, Brain Age, & Sly 3 for a grand totle of $63.00. OOh yea:). Also the price on the Sly 3 and SOTC lable were $39.99. Don't trust the lable.

Picked up Jak X and Ratchet Deadlocked for $30 at CC. Both were marked at 39.99 and black label. Got the employee i like who listens to what i suggest to him - like "Hey, i think you need to press 3 to activate the Buy 2 for $30 deal."

got SotC at BB for $14.99, thanks CAGs.

um....so it's in Japanese with English subtitles right? just wondering if my settings were off.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']got SotC at BB for $14.99, thanks CAGs.

um....so it's in Japanese with English subtitles right? just wondering if my settings were off.[/QUOTE]

It's a made-up language.

I got SOTC, this better be as good as everyone makes it out to be. I might go back for Sly Cooper 3 later on, I loved the first game but I'm swamped with enough stuff as it is.

If anyone gets a Socom III and decides they don't like it/want it, wherehouse.com pays $23 in credit for it. SHould go for roughly the same amount (maybe 20% less or something) at fye/strawberries stores as well.

Got a non-GH Shadow of the Colossus for $14.99 with gc. Surprising number of them left, 10 perhaps. Only one (also non-GH) Sly Cooper 3 was left.

Plus grabbed up MIB SE and Fast Times DVDs for $3.99 each. Nice to see BB continue trying to take on CC by promoting cheap DVDs more aggressively.

I'm thinking of going back and getting 2 more games for 30. I already picked up SOTC and Socom 3. Any suggestions? I own a PS2 and 360 (so the xbox game must be BC). Thanks in advance!

[quote name='Staind204']I'm thinking of going back and getting 2 more games for 30. I already picked up SOTC and Socom 3. Any suggestions? I own a PS2 and 360 (so the xbox game must be BC). Thanks in advance![/quote]

God of War, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Tourismo 4, Kingdom Heart are good if you don't have them.

[quote name='Staind204']I'm thinking of going back and getting 2 more games for 30. I already picked up SOTC and Socom 3. Any suggestions? I own a PS2 and 360 (so the xbox game must be BC). Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

I'd recommend and 2 of the following:

Devil May Cry 3 SE
Katamari Damacy or We Katamari
Tekken 5
X-Men Legends 2
If you're a BIG Simpsons fan, Simpsons Hit & Run

[quote name='romeogbs19']I'd recommend and 2 of the following:

Devil May Cry 3 SE
Katamari Damacy or We Katamari
Tekken 5
X-Men Legends 2
If you're a BIG Simpsons fan, Simpsons Hit & Run[/quote]

For Devil May Cry 3 SE, do you think it's better if you played the first 2 beforehand? OR it doesn't really matter?

[quote name='dbz4ever']For Devil May Cry 3 SE, do you think it's better if you played the first 2 beforehand? OR it doesn't really matter?[/QUOTE]
It really doesnt matter, but I would recommend playing the DMC1 first since its inferior gameplay wise to DMC3. Its still good, but it will feel dated after you play DMC3.

[quote name='dbz4ever']For Devil May Cry 3 SE, do you think it's better if you played the first 2 beforehand? OR it doesn't really matter?[/QUOTE]

Like whoknows said, I would definitely play the first game beforehand. It is an awsome game and gives you a good foundation going into 3. I would skip part 2 though. It is not a good game at all and contributes practicly nothing to the franchise.

[quote name='whoknows']It really doesnt matter, but I would recommend playing the DMC1 first since its inferior gameplay wise to DMC3. Its still good, but it will feel dated after you play DMC3.[/quote]

I disagree. I feel that DMC3 shook up quite a bit of what made DMC1 fun. More isn't ALWAYS better.

Granted, DMC3 is an excellent game, but DMC1 is excellenter.... yeah, that's right, I said excellenter.

[quote name='Staind204']I'm thinking of going back and getting 2 more games for 30. I already picked up SOTC and Socom 3. Any suggestions? I own a PS2 and 360 (so the xbox game must be BC). Thanks in advance![/quote]
In addition, I recommend Mercenaries for PS2. Dunno if it is BC for XBox.

[quote name='whoknows']It really doesnt matter, but I would recommend playing the DMC1 first since its inferior gameplay wise to DMC3. Its still good, but it will feel dated after you play DMC3.[/QUOTE]

I dunno if it feels dated.... just different. I actually think that DMC 1 holds up really well and both games offer surprisingly different experiences.

Skip DMC 2 though... pure garbage.

I was hating the 'hay guyz no platforming?' change to Ratchet Deadlocked, but I am freaking LOVING this game. Screw those AI bots though, which are good to throw EMP shots and turn bolts and hack nodes. Ratchet is the one gunning shit down, and with the weapons in this game (including the Arbiter, an obvious joke about Halo 2), I'm having a blast.

Sly 3 feels just like part 2, although I had a bit more fun with part 2 than I am 3.

[quote name='toneroni']DMC 2 really that bad? I thought of playing it to complete the trilogy[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately yes, it is very bad. The game has dull levels, easy/repetitive combat (all you have to do is keep your distance and shoot with your pistols), no personality (Dante is very un-Dante like and barely talks), and feels rushed. I bought the game when it was released a few years ago expecting a great sequel. After the first few levels I was thinking "this is cool", but by the end of the game I couldn't wait to trade the damn thing in to get it out of my house. One of the biggest sequel letdowns I have ever played. Thank God they redeemed theirselves with 3.

If you can find it sub-$10, pick it up for completion sakes, but don't expect anything close to part 1 and 3.

bread's done
Back