Shadow OT Collossus,Jak X ,SlyCooper 3,Rachet Deadlock,SOCOM3 - 14.99 with GGC at BB

spamfree2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
MODS: Please delete if this is a repeat.. Thnx

Went to Circuit City yesterday and saw the display(standee). Not sure when the price will drop though, hopefully by next weekend.

***Update 8/2/06***

Best Buy has this marked 19.99 in store (14.99 + tax if you can get the GGC).

Just go and get it there. I did. CC is such a hassle in getting them to price adjust.

***UPDATE 8/1/06 ***

People have been reporting that CC's computers are ringing up the games at 19.99. CC's website has been updated with the prices. SOTC is missing from the website though. Looks like the 2 for $30 is a go!!!

***UPDATE****

Its starting to look like the games aren't going to be dropped until 8/6. If your CC has the display up. It does say in print that they are 19.99. You can point that out and hopefully they can adjust it. Some people have reported getting it done already. It is starting to look like YMMV with this one.

(7/30/06 - 8/5/06) Circuit City ad ---------> $30 for any 2 games under $20.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101415 thanks to Speedy1961

SHADOW OF THE COLLOSSUS
RACHET DEADLOCK
SLY COOPER 3
JAK X RACING
SOCOM III

PSP GH titles were also present.

I did see Twisted Metal and Ape Escape... The others I can not confirm from memory.

According to PSXEXTREME.
(referenced from http://www.psxextreme.com/psp-news/548.html )

"Sony is kicking off its PSP Greatest Hits line on July 25th. Titles getting the budget treatment are: Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout Pure, ATV Offroad Fury, Ape Escape, Twisted Metal, Midnight Club 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2, and Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire."

Pick it up now before the ugly cover comes out....

I'm going to go check out Best Buy and/or Circuit City (both only if necessary). I've been waiting for the inevitable price drop on this one. I rented it when it came out and got 13/16. Utterly mindblowing (except for the first "boar" Colossus).

No copies at Best Buy, the one copy at Circuit City (normal cover art) rang up as $39.99 and I have no definite confirmation online other than CAG, so I folded.

[quote name='romeogbs19']Sorry to burst your bubble, dude -- but I'm fairly sure TRU doesn't do price matches of any sort.[/QUOTE]

They'll drop it to GH as well, the employee said they'll adjust their own price.

[quote name='Eviltude']So I JUST ordered SotC for 35 bucks from EB, do they have price adjust or something? Makes me ANGRY![/QUOTE]

Did you open it yet or is it still in transit? Maybe just return it and buy the new GH version if it's important enough to do so. If you did open it just sit back and enjoy, it's easily worth 35.

[quote name='Eviltude']So I JUST ordered SotC for 35 bucks from EB, do they have price adjust or something? Makes me ANGRY![/QUOTE]

New? Used? Can't you return it when it arrives?

[quote name='Nogib']Any word if Socom 3 is going to be part of this latest GH batch?[/quote]

I believe Socom III is also. I checked the display again out again today and it was there. I bought 2 copies of SOTC ( 39.99 each ) will pricematch when it does happen. Hopefully before next Sunday when the new ad starts.

Those titles are going to hit GH's soon along with some PSP titles. The display had 1 side PS2 , the other side PSP GHits.

wow, CC couldn't have made things easier today for me. I get to the game department...and there is a standee right by the register full of the games, with not a single GH version in sight. Gonna price match next week. Yay for non-ugly covers!

I'm glad the game is finally going GH. Now people can pick it up and realize it was worth the full MSRP all along.

[quote name='Trakan']I'm glad the game is finally going GH. Now people can pick it up and realize it was worth the full MSRP all along.[/quote]

Worth it? Absolutely.

Frugal? Hell yes I am.

So it isn't going to GH until 7/30, right? And everyone that's buying it now is just planning to do a price adjust later? CC, TRU and BB will all honor this?

[quote name='espy605']So it isn't going to GH until 7/30, right? And everyone that's buying it now is just planning to do a price adjust later? CC, TRU and BB will all honor this?[/quote]

This seems to be the case. I don't mind getting it with the (admittedly ugly) GH cover.

[quote name='pop311']How exactly does pricematching go? what do you need?[/QUOTE]

If you are doing this all you need to do is buy the game before the price drop then when the price drops go back to whichever store you bought the game from and take the game and receipt with you to have the price adjusted. But, if you are doing it at CC you only need the receipt you don't need to bring the actual game with you.

[quote name='espy605']So it isn't going to GH until 7/30, right? And everyone that's buying it now is just planning to do a price adjust later? CC, TRU and BB will all honor this?[/QUOTE]

Yes, with most of the stores you mention you can just take the game back unopened and just return it then repurchase it at the cheaper price. But in the case of CC they let you have up to 30 days to find a lower price on an item and will adjust the price to the cheapiest price and refund you the difference.

Does Sly 3 have the ass-backwards camera view like the 2nd one did? I'm all over Ratchet: Deadlocked for $14.99 after GGC...

[quote name='6669']Battlefront 2 is a GH for sure. I saw it at BB.[/QUOTE]

Being that I just bought the Xbox PH version of Battlefront 2 over a week ago, I'd say that this is most definitely a GH too.

Battlefront II is definitely a GH now. Saw it with the GH banner sticker at Target, Circuit City and and Best Buy.

It's just a matter of time before the inevitable GH printed cover comes in.

[quote name='cdeener']If you are doing this all you need to do is buy the game before the price drop then when the price drops go back to whichever store you bought the game from and take the game and receipt with you to have the price adjusted. But, if you are doing it at CC you only need the receipt you don't need to bring the actual game with you.[/quote] Do you get 10% of the differance as well or anything like that, or just the Price matched?

Good timing, I just got done playing through Ratchet 2 and am almost done with Ratchet 3 after getting them from the Circuit City sale, so this would be a good time for me to pick up Deadlocked. Not to mention a friend of mine was considering getting that one if I did since they just got the PS2 online adaptor and wanted more games to play with it...this could work out pretty well.

How is the multiplayer from Deadlocked btw? R&C3's looked pretty cool from the description and videos (although I haven't gotten around to playing it yet). Is it worth the $15 for Deadlocked's multiplayer if you already have R&C3?

Yes, with most of the stores you mention you can just take the game back unopened and just return it then repurchase it at the cheaper price. But in the case of CC they let you have up to 30 days to find a lower price on an item and will adjust the price to the cheapiest price and refund you the difference.

Hmm, thanks for the info.

[quote name='espy605']Hmm, thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

It has been my experience with Best Buy and price matching that it works the same as well. This might be YMMV, though.

[quote name='richbastard']now everybody needs to buy Shadow Of The Colossus and now its one of the best games i have played in my life !!![/quote]

Isn't it just you against the giants? Is it like God of War?

[quote name='dbz4ever']Isn't it just you against the giants? Is it like God of War?[/quote] No! God of War is a boring tedious game with beautiful graphics, Shadow of the Colossus is a wonderful, gorgeous, epic game.

I'm curious, do the sales people get annoyed? I have that $5 off $25 purchase coupon for Toys R Us, but it's already YMMV especially since it says not valid on prior purchases. Anyone have any thoughts?

[quote name='dbz4ever']So would you buy God of War or Shadow of the Colossus if you have only $22?[/QUOTE]

SoTC, because you can get GoW much cheaper most places.

[quote name='dbz4ever']So would you buy God of War or Shadow of the Colossus if you have only $22?[/quote]

IMO, I would get God of War instead of Shadow of the Colossus. Coincidently enough, I actually finished them back to back. GOW was just more fun and had a very engaging story. SOTC, while I agree was a great artistic acheivement, it had a very convoluted story and it just didn't have the fun factor nailed down like GOW did for me. Although, killing a skyscraper with a toothpick is cool.

[quote name='Number83']IMO, I would get God of War instead of Shadow of the Colossus. Coincidently enough, I actually finished them back to back. GOW was just more fun and had a very engaging story. SOTC, while I agree was a great artistic acheivement, it had a very convoluted story and it just didn't have the fun factor nailed down like GOW did for me. Although, killing a skyscraper with a toothpick is cool.[/quote]

LOL Toothpick vs. Skyscraper, well put. Thanks for letting me know. :applause:

I was able to get SotC for $20 on sunday at circuit city. I pointed out the sign and kiosk with the new price on it, and they gave it to me. The guy ripped down the sign from the kiosk afterward.

[quote name='Freshwillis']I was able to get SotC for $20 on sunday at circuit city. I pointed out the sign and kiosk with the new price on it, and they gave it to me. The guy ripped down the sign from the kiosk afterward.[/quote]

That guy should be fired for hiding the truth. :bomb:

SotC is quite possibly the best PS2 game period. For $20, I can't understand why anyone would pass it up.

Yes, it's better than God of Generic Violence. Buy it.

[quote name='Number83']SOTC, while I agree was a great artistic acheivement, it had a very convoluted story and it just didn't have the fun factor nailed down like GOW did for me. Although, killing a skyscraper with a toothpick is cool.[/quote]

I wouldn't say that SotC has a very convoluted story, I found it to be more of a minimilistic story, where it only explains as much as it has to and leaves you to invision the more specific details. The minimilism also appears in the actual gameplay as the game consists of riding to each collosus and fighting them, with hardly anything inbetween other than the landscape; I believe the idea was to create a time of contemplation and thought for the player.

I thought the story was amazing, and the game is really fun to play. I bought mine at about $30 and felt it was well worth what I payed. At $20 and under anyone who doesn't own this game should pick it up because it is just that great and unlike any other game out there.

As far as the OP I'll probably pick up Rachet Deadlocked as I am a huge fan of the R&C series. I also might get Sly Cooper 3, although I still haven't actually bought a copy of Sly Cooper 2 yet. Gotta love platformers.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

[quote name='Pojo']SotC is quite possibly the best PS2 game period. For $20, I can't understand why anyone would pass it up.

Yes, it's better than God of Generic Violence. Buy it.[/quote]

No way, SotC's got a broken control system. You find yourself playing twister with your fingers playing SotC. SotC is a classic case of your mind making it seem like way better than what it really is. Never under estimate the power of hype machine.

[quote name='codeninja']No way, SotC's got a broken control system. You find yourself playing twister with your fingers playing SotC. SotC is a classic case of your mind making it seem like way better than what it really is. Never under estimate the power of hype machine.[/quote]

I loved the control system. It seemed like when I messed up and fell off of a boss it was because of something I tried to do. I never felt like the game was holding me back from getting the job done. You can even shoot arrows while riding horseback. You can use the horse as a boost to get to better jump and you can do this even while the horse is galloping. The grip mechanic was very well done and it immersed me even more into the epic boss battles.

16 bosses. There are no random battles, leveling up, fetch quests, parties, potions, time powers, 45 playable vehicles, or 100 different weapons. All they give you is a bow and arrow, a sword, and a kick ass horse. Go get 'em.

I'm a huge RPG fan, but this game was a huge breath of fresh air. If this game had Link in it, it would've blown the fuck up and everyone would be in line to give the director a blow job while he sits on his pile of money. But instead, we get an original game with a minimilist story line and epic boss battles and now everyone ignores it.

bread's done
Back