Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero (PS4, Vita & Wii U) - $29.99 at Gamestop, Amazon & BestBuy

What is the bonus content? I own it digitally on 3ds and wii u.

Nobody seems to know... all anyone's mentioned is that it'll be an "arcade style game" so I'm guessing it'll be some kind of minigame.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well. I looked for some feedback on the original japanese release that had this minigame... but just didn't find much of anything. By "arcade" I take it to mean this will be something very linear with a high score. Whatever it is, I'm hyped to get it.

Yeah, I don't care what the extra is... just glad this is getting a physical release, although I'm with Square on this, I'd rather have a Vita release. I think the game would look fantastic on Vita's screen. 

Now, if only someone would release Risky's Revenge physically. 

Yeah, I don't care what the extra is... just glad this is getting a physical release, although I'm with Square on this, I'd rather have a Vita release. I think the game would look fantastic on Vita's screen.

Now, if only someone would release Risky's Revenge physically.
Eh, Risky's Revenge was OK but not nearly as polished/fun as Pirate's Curse.

Just got e-mails from Amazon saying the Vita, WiiU and PS4 versions have had their release date pushed back to 10/18/16 which oddly enough is when the other Shantae game gets a physical release for 3DS.  

Half-Genie Hero just went up for preorder on PS4/Vita/Wii U on BB finally! Shipping only.

Anyone happen to know whether this will have some sort of outer box holding both the game and the soundtrack, or if the soundtrack will just be in a CD sleeve shrinkwrapped to the game or something? Just wondering whether to be wary of this coming crushed in a bubble envelope or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xseed prior releases which includes soundtracks have all had boxes that holds the soundtrack and game.

In fact, they actually had the taller, DVD size height boxes that held the game and the soundtrack.

Hopefully the pattern continues.

Sounds like October 18th isn't the actual release date now either.  Just got a backer update from the Kickstarter and they are now talking roughly six weeks from the original 9/27 projected release date which would be early to mid-November.  

Xseed prior releases which includes soundtracks have all had boxes that holds the soundtrack and game.

In fact, they actually had the taller, DVD size height boxes that held the game and the soundtrack.

Hopefully the pattern continues.
So... who's less likely to ship the game in a fucking bubble mailer?

So... who's less likely to ship the game in a fucking bubble mailer?
Neither.

The size of the game even if it comes in a box is so small there's no way it'd ship in a box.

There's a chance Amazon might do a cardboard wrap, but they rarely do that nowadays. :*(

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone else see November 1st as the release day now? Guess I can start saving my change to pick this up.

bread's done
Back