Shawn Michaels' wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man in question sucks, I don't know why WWE brought him back. If his recent NOAH work is any indication, he's a shell of his former self. But, he's still better than Tatanka.

[quote name='Genocidal']That news is somewhat disappointing :whistle2:( Any word on what brand?[/quote]
Just watch, they'll stick him with ECW. Seems like all the WWE rejects get sent there. As much as I'd hate to say it, I think if it wasn't for them bringing back ECW, CM Punk wouldn't be on TV at the moment and still be in OVW due to HHH & Stephanie's "creative" team. Much like Rene Dupree & Hardcore Holly.

I disagree, Vanilla. I've really liked the vast majority of his work. IF you're gonna dip into Japan to bring talent back, better him than:

Mike Barton (Bart Gunn)
Giant Bernard (A-Train)
Whatever the hell they call Bull Buchanan over there
OG Ekmo...oh. Crap. NM
Mark Jindrak
Matt Morgan

and so on. There are better *Japanese* wrestlers, sure, but WWE will never let a Japanese wrestler get over. Tajiri could have single-handedly made the cruiserweight division more popular than WCW's, yet he was lucky to get by his WWE tenure without any "choppy choppy my pee-pee" segments.

Personally, I'd love to see Satoshi Kojima some stateside, or Tenzan, and I think Ogawa (at least in his NJPW days) would have made an amazing heel in the states - his feud with "Fat fuck" Riki Chosyu was great.

Maybe we'll see them in TNA someday, if only for a cameo PPV match.

Well, at least we get Liger once in a while for a PPV match.

About Mike Barton... for some reason, as a kid, I always liked The Smoking Gunns. Before I became educated about wrestling, I actually thought they were brothers. :lol:

I guess it's their finishing move I liked, the Sidewinder. That was pretty cool.

[quote name='tangytangerine']Just watch, they'll stick him with ECW. Seems like all the WWE rejects get sent there.[/quote]I'd have to disagree with him being a WWE reject. He was solid in ECW and seemed to be over from what I remember and what I've rewatched.

I just posted this on the Smallville thread but I figure I would mention it here too that I just noticed on Wiki's entry for the current season of Smallville that none other that Batistia is guest staring on out of all episodes the one that is going to be aired on November 16th - which is ironic since that is on an hour before Impact's 8 PM debut/2 hour special edition on Spike TV.

Very interesting indeed.....

Sorry to double post but just to let Saucy Jack (and potentially others) know that the X Division Volume 2 DVD hits stores on October 31st.

EDIT: Also the replay for this week's Impact is now schedueled on Saturday at 6 PM EST/5 PM CST.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Sorry to double post but just to let Saucy Jack (and potentially others) know that the X Division Volume 2 DVD hits stores on October 31st.

EDIT: Also the replay for this week's Impact is now schedueled on Saturday at 6 PM EST/5 PM CST.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, dude. I've been looking forward to that DVD.

Just a friendly reminder for all you CAGs...

TNA IMPACT IS ON IN 10 MINUTES YOU BITCHES! SO TUNE IN OR ELSE TEH BOOGOYMUNSTAH WILL RUNETH WILD ON YER MUSTASHIO!

[quote name='Demolition Man']Just a friendly reminder for all you CAGs...

TNA IMPACT IS ON IN 10 MINUTES YOU BITCHES! SO TUNE IN OR ELSE TEH BOOGOYMUNSTAH WILL RUNETH WILD ON YER MUSTASHIO![/QUOTE]

I can't stand TNA but I'll be tuning in just for Angle.

- edit Damn, what happened to Raven.

- edit 2 DEAR GOD, JAKE THE SNAKE!!!!

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Jake looks like shit but damn he is still golden on the mic. He needs to be a manager for someone.[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly he can still put on a pretty damn good match for somebody his age.

- edit :lol: I love Smiley.

Looks like Jake's topic will be a memorial one by the time we get to him.

OTOH, he's cheated death like no other. The Heroes of Wrestling PPV is what I'll use as evidence to claim that he lied his ass off about his story re: Beyond the Mat.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wonder if the guy from Miami went to see TNA to get the idea to use his helmet as a weapon.[/quote]

lol

[quote name='Demolition Man']Holy... shit....................

That Bordercross that Gail Kim just took was painful to watch.

[/quote]

Seriously. I wanted to jump through the TV and beat LAXs' collective asses myself. :bomb:

It was sick, but I don't want to see my Gail tossed around like that.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Yes. Impact just got way better....

Adam Sessler just showed up. :D

But that segment regadless gets a 2...(dramatic pause)...out of 5.[/quote]
Amended.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Holy... shit....................

That Bordercross that Gail Kim just took was painful to watch.

And yes... bring on Angle damn it.[/quote]

It was fucking sick in person.

I agree with the Demo Man; I was thinking of how selfish Jericho was, using up 5 precious minutes of TNA time to promote his shitty and twenty-years-late cockrock band, but it worked exceptionally well at hyping BFG.

I wish they had spent more time hyping Christian/Rhino's past; the old home movies in the promo at the end looked interesting.

And, which looked more painful: Gail Kim getting dropped, or Joe getting a massive headbutt?

Which, by the way, is arguably the first time any samoan ever sold a headbutt in pro wrestling. Ever.

Some news and videos directly from TNA's website....

Exclusive ringside footage from the Joe/Angle brawl.
http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=927

Directors Cut of Nash's promo from tonight.
http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=928

News from this week's Impact
Source = http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=926

NEWS FROM THURSDAY’S “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV
The confrontation everyone has wanted – Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe

There are several huge news items to report from Thursday’s “iMPACT!” as TNA prepares for Sunday’s “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View!

ANGLE VS. JOE – THE CONFRONTATION! PLUS, JARRETT GETS THE GOLD!
On Thursday’s broadcast, TNA management gave Samoa Joe an ultimatum – return the NWA World Heavyweight Title or be removed from the active roster in TNA Wrestling! After being called to the ring, Joe tore up the written statement and was prepared to once again leave with the title – when Kurt Angle’s music hit and the Olympic gold medalist entered the ring! It was the confrontation everyone had been waiting to see as the two TNA stars battled for the first time! In the middle of the melee, Jeff Jarrett took his opportunity to sneak in the ring and reclaim the World Title as “iMPACT!” came to an end!

TNAwrestling.com has learned that Samoa Joe has made it clear to anyone that would listen that he plans on being the first to meet Kurt Angle at the door this Sunday at the Pay-Per-View! Joe is determined to settle the score with the Olympic gold medalist the first opportunity he gets this Sunday, and TNA cameras will be on hand to film the confrontation if it does occur!

NEW MATCHES ANNOUNCED FOR “BOUND FOR GLORY”
Two new matches have been announced for Sunday’s lineup. First, on the TNA Countdown Preshow, it will be Bobby Roode vs. Lance Hoyt – and Roode has promised to reveal his new manager! Who will Roode reveal as the lucky person to guide his career? Tune into the preshow to find out! Also, added to the Pay-Per-View lineup is a four-corner tag team match with America’s Most Wanted vs. Team 3D vs. The James Gang vs. The Naturals!

GAIL KIM INJURED BY LAX – TO MISS BOUND FOR GLORY
On Thursday’s “iMPACT!”, TNA Knockout Gail Kim was injured by The Latin American Exchange after being hit by the “Cracker Jack” by Hernandez. The LAX strongman launched Kim across the ring, injuring the vixen in the process. As a result, Gail will miss the “Bound For Glory” fanfest and Pay-Per-View while she recuperates at home. TNAwrestling.com hopes to have an update on Gail in the upcoming week.

JAKE ROBERTS TO REFEREE THE MONSTER’S BALL MATCH
Also on Thursday’s “iMPACT!”, wrestling legend Jake “The Snake” Roberts made his TNA debut during a brawl involving Abyss, Raven and Runt! After clearing the ring with a giant boa constrictor, Roberts announced he would serve as the special referee for Sunday’s “Monster’s Ball” match at “Bound For Glory”.

Also on Thursday’s “iMPACT!”, a sitdown interview was held with BG James where he explained his actions last week, Kevin Nash held a “press conference” regarding this Sunday’s X Division invitational and much more!

Other Various TNA News
Source = http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=914

TNA'S KURT ANGLE TO APPEAR ON SUNDAY'S ARETE AWARDS SPECIAL ON CBS
TNA Wrestling star and Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle will appear on the Arete awards special on Sunday on CBS following NFL coverage (check your local listings for specific times). Kurt's appearance is made possible by Anthony Robles, a collegiate wrestler at Arizona State University who has only one leg. Robles won an ARETE award in 2006 (which honors courage in sports) and asked to meet Angle, his inspiration. The TNA star will be appearing in an interview with Robles on the CBS special.

RAVEN TO GUEST ON FRIDAY'S "ROZ AND FEZ SHOW" ON SIRIUS RADIO
Raven will be special in-studio guest on Friday's broadcast of the "Ron and Fez Show" on Sirius radio. Raven will be discussing the Monster's Ball Match this Sunday at "Bound For Glory", among other topics. The Ron and Fez show can be heard each weekday from noon until 3PM ET, with encores at Midnight ET.

VIDEO COVERAGE PLANNED FOR FANFEST THIS SATURDAY
This Saturday afternoon, less than 24 hours before the “Bound For Glory” extravaganza, TNA will hold the InterAction fanfest at the Shenandoah Country Club in West Bloomfield, MI. Tickets are still available by visiting ShopTNA.com, the official merchandise site of TNA Wrestling. For fans unable to join us in person at the fanfest, TNAwrestling.com, via YouTube, will be providing online fans exclusive footage from the event as it unfolds throughout the day. Cameras will be rolling as the TNA stars are introduced to the fans, sign autographs, as well as footage from the “Question And Answer” portion of the fanfest. If you can’t join us on Saturday at the fanfest, log on to TNAwrestling.com throughout the day for video from the event!

NEW "BOUND FOR GLORY" AUDIO PODCAST UP ON THE WEBSITE
Brian Fritz returns in this latest TNA audio podcast update with all the news you'll need for what is the biggest week in TNA Wrestling history including a preview of this week's edition of "iMPACT!" on Spike TV, the InterAction Fanfest, the "Road to Glory" special and the huge "Bound For Glory" Pay-Per-View extravaganza live on October 22! Click on the podcast link on the main page to listen to it!

NEW HOT KNOCKOUTS PHOTOS ADDED OF GAIL AND VAL
TNA photographer Lee South has added all-new hot photos of TNA Knockouts Gail Kim and SoCal Val to the Knockouts photo area! In the upcoming weeks, there will be plenty of new photos of the Knockouts added!

TUESDAY – THE “iMPACT!” ON SPIKE TV TAPINGS IN ORLANDO
TNA Wrestling goes from Detroit on Sunday to Orlando on Tuesday night at Universal Studios for our “iMPACT!” on SpikeTV tapings! Don’t miss your chance to see TNA live in Orlando and witness the aftermath of the “Bound For Glory” Pay-Per-View! Tickets are free for both guests of Universal and Islands of Adventure theme parks, as well as the public. Doors open at 6pm with a bell time of 6:45 p.m. For more information on seating, call the Universal Orlando Resort "iMPACT!" hotline at (407) - 224 - 6000.

Chris Jericho Interview
Source = http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/fullnews2.php?all=924

THE SPIRIT OF WRESTLING: BREAKING DOWN THE WALLS
By David Sahadi

“Life is about possibility. It is about tearing down walls so that we may see farther; traveling new roads so that we may experience greater; shattering old ways of thinking so as to understand better.”

It was a dreary Sunday evening in Chattanooga when I saw Fozzy in concert for the first time two years ago. I arrived tired and with modest expectations. After all, I knew Chris Jericho personally, worked with him professionally and saw him cheered hundreds of times by thousands of fans as a wrestling superstar. This, on the other hand, was a small venue. And surely this music thing must be some quirky, fleeting hobby of his.

Was I ever wrong.

When the band took the stage at Rhythm and Blues that December evening, I was instantly impressed. Their energy was rampant; the crowd raucous. This was not the Chris Jericho I thought I knew. He truly was the “Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla”!

Their sound is varied. “It falls somewhere between Pantera and Journey,” Jericho told me, “heavy, with melodic vocals and tons of guitars solos.”

True. But what really amazed that night me was how natural Chris Jericho looked on stage playing the lead role of rock-n-roll superstar. It seemed so easy, so effortless. And he was having fun.

“On stage, our mission is to make sure everybody in the crowd has a great time,” says Jericho. “And we always succeed.”

Chris Jericho became a wrestling fan when he was a young boy, watching television with his grandmother in the family room on Saturday nights. The Rockers, Hulk Hogan, Ricky Steamboat, Owen Hart and Outback Jack were just a few to make a lasting, first impression. But make no mistake: music was his very first passion in life.

“I had every Beatles record by the time I was ten years old and formed my first band at 12.”

He includes the Beatles, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Metallica and Helloween as his favorite bands of all-time. They also inspired him to pursue his passion for making music even when he was working full-time as a professional wrestler. That’s why he was so dedicated to Fozzy.

“I started playing in a band to emulate the musicians who made up the fabric of my soul,” he said. Then, with a devilish grin, he added, “Oh yeah, and for the chicks!”

The similarities between wrestling and music are undeniable.

“They’re both hard-hitting, aggressive forms of entertainment that feed off of the reactions from the fans who are experiencing the magic,” Jericho notes. “Both are legitimate forms of art and we are all artists.”

Chris Jericho is much more than an artist: he is a genuine human being. He listens to his heart when others become slaves to the status quo. He is not afraid of taking chances. He leads when most others only follow. Last year, he left the world of professional wrestling at the apex of his career because his heart was calling him to explore new worlds. And he has never looked back.

In the summer of 2003, I, too, left a job when it would have been easy to stay. I, too, felt the calling to leave the world of comfort and safety, to break down the walls of illusion, to venture into an unknown adventure. Driving through the parking gates at work for the final time on my very last day, B.B. King’s, “The Thrill Is Gone” played on the stereo. I immediately began to cry. At that very moment, I felt vulnerable and alone. Fifteen minutes later, when the tears subsided, I checked my voice mail. There was a message from Jericho. He just wanted to wish me well and lend his support. In typical fashion, he even left a droll comment that made me laugh. It was a small gesture, but it made a profound impact. Simple, genuine acts of kindness at times like that become great memories that are never lost to time.

As a wrestler, Chris Jericho’s favorite memory is becoming the first ever Undisputed World Champion, followed by his show-stealing match with HBK at WrestleMania 19. Despite a hectic schedule, he still manages to keep abreast of current storylines. He lists Samoa Joe and LAX as two of his top five performers in the business. And he was absolutely stunned when he heard the news that Kurt Angle was heading to TNA.

“I think it’s amazing,” Jericho told me. “It’s great for the business, for TNA and for Kurt. He needs to be the destroyer guy and not the cowboy hat guy, though.”

Between acting, writing, touring, hosting television and radio shows, recording a new record in the studio with Fozzy, or working on a litany of other projects in the entertainment industry, Chris Jericho’s work schedule is as full as ever. But he’s enthusiastic because he’s following his heart. He has broken down the walls of safety and constraint and has grown tenfold as a person because of it.

Does that mean the countless Jerichoholics who cheered him for all those years while he performed in the ring will never see him wrestle again?

“The hundreds and hundreds of Jerichoholics have dwindled down to about 47 over the last year,” he said. “But there are 22 of them in Peoria alone, so I’m huge there. I might have to return just for them!”

If he does come back, will it be in a ring with four sides…or six?

“Never Say Never Mr. Bond”, he replies, shaken not stirred.

(To learn more about the band go to fozzyrock.com)

Nash holding a press conference in a bar while being fed lines by Shelley ruled, as did the Border Toss on Gail, as did Angle's entrance (barring his theme), and Joe and Angle facing off for the first time was incredible. Also, Wal-Mart will be selling a bundle of the two national X Division releases, so just buy it there if you can find it - you'll get more for your money. Oh, and Joe sells headbutts in TNA. Only Samoan savages have the gene that allows their heads to be impervious to pain. It was said so by Kayfabian Marx III in WWF Magazine, which reminds me, WWE dubbed "WWE" over "WWF" during some of Hogan's DVD interviews, but they did a really good job of it. Ventura's commentary is completely intact as well.

Angle broke a cardinal wrestling rule: never headbutt a Samoan. That was awesome. How many other guys would let Angle do a full blown, 100% legit headbutt, right into their faces? Certainly not that big nosed, blonde fellow who works in Stamford...but seriously, that whole final bit was awesome. The rest of the show.......eh, not so much. TNA has officially killed Jay Lethal. I did like Hernandez pulling out some old caveman move with the Gale Toss.

[quote name='mykevermin']My ass.

I was watching an old Hogan match the other day while studying, and McMahon claimed "The Incredible" Hulk Hogan was around 6'8".

fuck, how tall did they claim Jericho was?

I know for a fact that Eddie Guerrero was around 5'6"-5'8" Dude was just *short* close up and in person, and I'm only 5'10 and three quarters 5'11".[/quote]

I know various internet reports state nonsensical shit about the *real* height of wrestlers. All I can say is this... I've met a good deal of those guys. I'm 6' and I was as tall if not taller than Kurt Angle. Kane and Taker both towered over me. I wouldn't put them at 7' but 6'10 is not a stretch for either of them. The guy that was scary tall though, was of course the Big Show. Standing next to that guy is like standing next to a freakin' elephant.

Another point of interest would be Trish's tits. Those things actually looked real at the time, as they weren't all pressed up and together and shit. Although, I didn't get to feel them to find out for sure.

For fake tits, Trish's looked pretty good. That Muff Enough winner Ashley, her tits are way too shiny and round, where is the suspension of disbelief?

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']
Another point of interest would be Trish's tits. Those things actually looked real at the time, as they weren't all pressed up and together and shit. Although, I didn't get to feel them to find out for sure.[/quote]

:rofl:

Now that is a tangent!

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:rofl:

Now that is a tangent![/quote]

Damn, I wanted to f*ck her. I was only 18... she couldn't taught me so many new tricks.

At the time I can recall meeting some of the other women too. Lita's face looked like dog shit. And I never got the whole Molly Holly fascination, she looked VERY frumpy in person.

[quote name='2Fast']Was there ever a rumor about Trish boinking some of the guys while on the road? Inquiring minds want to know.[/QUOTE]

Mostly there were rumors about her being a lesbian.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Test.

And I'm still kind of sad that I won't be going to BFG this weekend. I will, however, be going to the San Diego Wild Animal Park.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the park.

I'm going to be gone for the weekend, too. I should still be back in time to order the PPV, though. That should be nice to watch and unwind to.

So... is Jericho going to TNA? I bet Matt Hardy is still feeling sick he didn't go there. I mean, here he is over a year since his return (right?) and he's off on SD working a program with Greg Helms. Not to mention it's taken him this long to win any gold, and when he does it's a belt with less value than the Women's Title. Jeff takes 3 years off to iron out his drug problems, comes back and has the IC title within 2 months. Just shows you who the favored Hardy brother is, was, and always will be.

[quote name='2Fast']Was there ever a rumor about Trish boinking some of the guys while on the road? Inquiring minds want to know.[/quote]

Trish and Lillian was a rumor that kept popping up.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Just shows you who the favored Hardy brother is, was, and always will be.[/quote]

Bret? No, wait...

[quote name='neocisco']Bret? No, wait...[/quote]

Another favored brother, and yes I was thinking that when I made my post...

Although, in the case of Bret & Owen, there's a much larger age gap first, and well... ya, I don't care to open old wounds, eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back