shenmue 2 4.99 used at gamestop.com!

Man that's awesome. I would buy an Xbox and this, JUST for this, if only they had kept the Japanese voice acting.

If you don't own this game, you have to pick it up for this price. It is a fantastic game, but we'll probably never see a sequal ( here's hoping for the wii!).

[quote name='megaseadramon']If you don't own this game, you have to pick it up for this price. It is a fantastic game, but we'll probably never see a sequal ( here's hoping for the wii!).[/QUOTE]

Is this game backwards compatable or not? I got $23 of GS credit when I go to gamestop in a few hours and my 10% off email :D

you either love the series or hate it...

did any of you guys catch the filter episodes on g4 a few years back (when g4 was actually about video games)? one was the top 10 worst games on the dreamcast and one was the top 10 best games on the dreamcast. shenmue was in the top 5 for worst DC games ever and in the top 3 for best DC games ever. it was something to lol about.

i seriously love the original shenmue. never played the sequel.

[quote name='suko_32']I really want to finish this game. I truly do. It's just that I got a bunch of other games to finish, but before that I got to get bored of Metal Gear Online. Even if I could pass those two, Shemue II is just filled with too much distractions. It's just like the penny-arcade comic.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2000/11/15[/QUOTE]
Dammit man, drinking sodas, playing with capsule toys, and petting the kitten are integral to your search for Lan Di! NEVER FORGET THAT!!!

Also the QTE battles and different arcade games I believe this one is part one only, and darts gotta love that!

[quote name='xrickyb86x']you either love the series or hate it...

did any of you guys catch the filter episodes on g4 a few years back (when g4 was actually about video games)? one was the top 10 worst games on the dreamcast and one was the top 10 best games on the dreamcast. shenmue was in the top 5 for worst DC games ever and in the top 3 for best DC games ever. it was something to lol about.

i seriously love the original shenmue. never played the sequel.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it beat that Zelda game for the CDI as the worst video game of all time (Shenmue 1).

Loved part 1 and started watching the DVD that comes with part 2 but never actually started playing part 2. It's still waiting there patiently for me to find the time. I will get to it eventually.

Shenmue was one of the best games I ever played. Shenmue II was also amazing, though not quite as much so as the first one. If there was one series that I wish would continue, it's Shenmue... much much much worse games have gone on much longer.

[quote name='Follandboy']Actually, it beat that Zelda game for the CDI as the worst video game of all time (Shenmue 1).[/quote]

ha! i didn't remember that.

[quote name='The Dord']Is this game backwards compatable or not? I got $23 of GS credit when I go to gamestop in a few hours and my 10% off email :D[/QUOTE]

nope.

Where is Wan Chai?

Can you show me the way to Wan Chai?

Hey, where is Wan Chai?

I am looking for Wan Chai.

It's your own fault if you keep asking people for directions in SII. You can buy maps, NPCs who stand in place give you good directions, and NPCs who walk around offer to guide you. Plus there are usually signs to general areas all over the place. People who try and use stuff like that as serious complaints about the game just annoy me (not sure if you are or not), because they're the ones playing stupid.

I've bought three copies of this version of the game alone. One at $30 (waited for a while since I already had the DC version), then 2 new sealed copies for $10 later (one for myself, one as a gift).

[quote name='nonky']good deal, but i just bought a pal dreamcast version for 29.99 (i thought it was a fair deal)[/quote]

Why would you spend $30 for DC when you can get the superior dubbed version cheaper?

[quote name='Rozz']Why would you spend $30 for DC when you can get the superior dubbed version cheaper?[/quote]

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Shenmue 2 is one of the reasons I'm waiting for the new Xbox systems to pricedrop from $180! If this becomes compatible to the Xbox 360 I'm jumping on that since most of the games I actually want are already compatible.

[quote name='Vegan']I hope you're being sarcastic.[/quote]

Nope.

Cool game. I like playing the first on Dreamcast better though, but this was one of the very few reasons I got my X-box. Neat that it comes w/ the movie too.

This is a love it or hate it game, but, seriously, if you've never given it a try, it's worth a shot at this price ( I really put this game with Morrowind at $5 on the Xbox as games worth a try even if you don't think you'll like them, just because, if you do, it'll be worth so much more than what you paid).

I paid $10 at an EB sale a few years ago, and it was well worth the hour drive after work to get it.

[quote name='Rozz']Why would you spend $30 for DC when you can get the superior dubbed version cheaper?[/QUOTE]

So you can impress people who aren't worth impressing. Duh.

[quote name='Diiz']Shenmue was one of the best games I ever played. Shenmue II was also amazing, though not quite as much so as the first one. If there was one series that I wish would continue, it's Shenmue... much much much worse games have gone on much longer.[/QUOTE]

I'll put you on the spot. Name the "much worse games".

[quote name='AzN.Homeboy']It's your own fault if you keep asking people for directions in SII. You can buy maps, NPCs who stand in place give you good directions, and NPCs who walk around offer to guide you. Plus there are usually signs to general areas all over the place. People who try and use stuff like that as serious complaints about the game just annoy me (not sure if you are or not), because they're the ones playing stupid.

[/QUOTE]

it's all about the voice acting.

I'm in w/free ship- good deal... loved and hated the 1st one... will give it a shot
(i think having lived in japan made the original a must buy)

bread's done
Back