Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne $14.92 Target EXTREME YMMV!!!

PittsburghAfterDark

CAGiversary!
I just got back from Target and picked up the last copy of this game for an absolutely unbelieveable price.

I don't know if it was a pricing error or what as it's still $49.99 at their website but I knows I gots it cheap.

Wow, that's a great find. I grabbed it at the B2G1 at TRU when GTA:SA came out and I've only seen two copies since, both at the same TRU near Cleveland. Not even the local EBs/Gamestop/Gamerush has had them because I've tried to talk my friend into buying it and there's none to be had.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']none at Green Rd. Target or SuperTarget near TTC[/quote]

which is the one at green rd and near TTC...the only one's i know is the supertarget at capital and the one by best buy and walmart...

[quote name='swetooth9']oh nvm i get it now..ttc = triangle town center...and green road is the one by walmart and bb :p[/quote]

Yea Green Rd. is near the Sam's Club/ Lowe's/ and Lowe's Foods

[quote name='swetooth9']so you didnt go to the one on 70's?[/quote]

nope, I do not feel like driving all that way for a game I am only somewhat interested in.

Also I doubt that they have any copies

[quote name='swetooth9']so you didnt go to the one on 70's?[/quote]

That one used to have good stuff. I think I got PS1 Lunar 2 there for about $40. Not the best deal, but not bad either.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']This deal might be BS since no one can find it[/quote]

I doubt the OP would lie. I just think it was an error in pricing at his Target.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']This deal might be BS since no one can find it[/quote]

It's not BS; it's YMMV. Regardless of what I think of PAD's political tendencies, I've never thought him a liar.

PAD, what target did you pick this up at? i dont want to waste my time checking the one you bought the last copy from Xop

thanks for the post!

I'll check one of my Target's and see what I find. If I find one (or more), I'll get it out to other CAGs, since I already have it.

I'm guessing the chances of finding it are next to zero, but it's worth a look.

Yeah, I don't think the OP lied either. Target clearance items are extremely YMMV. I found Winning Eleven 7 for $15 about two monthes ago....
So I think he just lucked out.

I got it from McKnight Road punqsux. I stopped at the Monroeville one on the way home (I was out visiting friends today.) and they never even carried it.

Someone else was checking out the Waterfront one but he hasn't PM'd me back. The only other Targets in Pittsburgh I know about are Robinson and Cranberry. Both are complete bitch for me to get to so I'm not bothering to check them out.

I think this one was an extreme piece of luck like those that were able to get Rez or Disgaea during the CC sale last summer. I get like one deal a year this good. Last year I was able to get Dynasty Warriors (Xbox) and Clock Tower 3 for $15, one was $10, one was $5 at the Monroeville Target.

I wouldn't be surprised that I'm the only one that was able to get this as most people are saying their Targets never even carried this. That's why I said EXTREME YMMV as I think the chances of anyone else finding this are lottery like at best.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']I got it from McKnight Road punqsux. I stopped at the Monroeville one on the way home (I was out visiting friends today.) and they never even carried it.

Someone else was checking out the Waterfront one but he hasn't PM'd me back. The only other Targets in Pittsburgh I know about are Robinson and Cranberry. Both are complete bitch for me to get to so I'm not bothering to check them out.

I think this one was an extreme piece of luck like those that were able to get Rez or Disgaea during the CC sale last summer. I get like one deal a year this good. Last year I was able to get Dynasty Warriors (Xbox) and Clock Tower 3 for $15, one was $10, one was $5 at the Monroeville Target.

I wouldn't be surprised that I'm the only one that was able to get this as most people are saying their Targets never even carried this. That's why I said EXTREME YMMV as I think the chances of anyone else finding this are lottery like at best.[/quote]

Could you post what the Target SKU # is for it from your receipt? I tried calling one store, and all they can do is look it up by SKU.

[quote name='freshzen'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='guessed']Not that it matters at that price, but was it the Limited Edition with soundtrack?[/quote]

I think you're thinking of Phantom Brave.[/quote]

I think I'm not thinking of Phantom Brave, but thanks for playing.[/quote]I'm almost positive that all SMT: Nocturnes had the sound track.[/quote]
No, not all of them do. Supposedly, only the preorders had soundtracks, but I think a lot more than that do. You can tell by looking at the back cover.

nocturne.jpg

If it doesn't have a soundtrack, it won't say that there. Everything else is the same.

[quote name='dafoomie']
No, not all of them do. Supposedly, only the preorders had soundtracks, but I think a lot more than that do. You can tell by looking at the back cover.

If it doesn't have a soundtrack, it won't say that there. Everything else is the same.[/quote]

I wonder if the version with soundtrack has a different UPC than the one without.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='dafoomie']

If it doesn't have a soundtrack, it won't say that there. Everything else is the same.[/quote]

I wonder if the version with soundtrack has a different UPC than the one without.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. Could explain a whole lot.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='dafoomie']

I wonder if the version with soundtrack has a different UPC than the one without.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking. Could explain a whole lot.[/quote]

Only one I've found with some random Google searches is 730865530069 .

No difference between the two versions.

And unless someone can post the Target SKU, they're not able to find it by title or via UPC. :(

Stores like Target will have limited supplies of Nocturne like pretty much all Atlus titles. The chances of finding one (especially for that price) is slim to none.

I checked out Target and asked the dude if maybe they had it in the back since they didn't have it in the display. He knew what Shin Megami was (I knew he wasn't lying since he said "oh that RPG that has Dante") and never seen it in stock there. Oh well, not a wasted trip. Got the shelves and misc stuff I went for.

[quote name='shrike4242']730865530069 [/quote]

Doesn't dafoomie's pic show 730865530059?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it is a 6, just a bit blurry.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='shrike4242']730865530069 [/quote]

Doesn't dafoomie's pic show 730865530059?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it is a 6, just a bit blurry.[/quote]

upc.jpg

Holy shite that's a good price! The game's harder than hell, but I really like it as a whole. It's a steal at that price.

But then, I'm sure you all already knew that. :p

Never been in stock at my Target, and wasn't in stock tonight. Even if you find one at your local Target, it might not be the price quoted in the OP...clearance prices do vary. Still, congratulations to the OP on his score.

I dealt with iced roads and snow to see if my local Target had any...and they had nothing. Bared it all for nothing, heh. =P

I wanted to get one or two sealed ones and sit on them. I have my copy for my own use...too bad the game is kinda boring.

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I dealt with iced roads and snow to see if my local Target had any...and they had nothing. Bared it all for nothing, heh. =P

I wanted to get one or two sealed ones and sit on them. I have my copy for my own use...too bad the game is kinda boring.[/quote]

Wouldn't it have been easier to call?

[quote name='wannabepunktony']I dealt with iced roads and snow to see if my local Target had any...and they had nothing. Bared it all for nothing, heh. =P

I wanted to get one or two sealed ones and sit on them. I have my copy for my own use...too bad the game is kinda boring.[/quote]

Join the club. I braved rainstorms and near zero visibility. After checking out 4 Targets I went home empty-handed too. :(

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Wow OP, so many noobs doubt you. Sad.
Excellent find, enjoy the game.[/quote]

Where did you see that? I only saw one post that suggested he might be lying.

PittsburghAfterDark

If you said Target have SMT: N for $15 can you just POST the SKU # on your receipt instead the UPC on the cover.

Only SKU # on receipt is make easy to search on LRT monitor see if the item is instock or not... IF you can proved it ...

SORRY! is mean you are BIG LIAR if you can't proved it & We will ask CHEAPY D close the thread.

bread's done
Back