Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne will it ever drop ?

I've heard mixed reviews of this game so I was holding off until it at least dropped to $40 or I could find it used for around $30, but it seems to be selling out a lot of places and I have never seen a used copy. Is this game a must have RPG, or can I afford to risk waiting on it?

I like it fine. Its a refreshing change for me. Pokemon in hell is a good description but theres story as well.

Couldnt you just rent it to see?

I dont see the price dropping significantly anytime soon.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Couldnt you just rent it to see?
[/quote]

Problem with that is it costs $5 plus tax to rent games here, if I'm going to spend that much and then end up liking it enough to buy them it ends up costing me more than retail. I'll probably have to bite the bullet on this one and pay full price. Do you need to have the Guide to play this game?

[quote name='lurknomore']You never need to have a guide to play ANY game. What is with gamers and guides, besides for collection purposes?[/quote]

I heard you have to mix and fuse demons together, if that's true I'd rather know what creates what then just doing constant, time-wasting, trial and error.

It seems like that game wont have a price drop soon. Since its selling out in many places, you should act fast to either buy it or rent it to see if you like it. Otherwise if you wait too long, and no second print of the game is due, then it'll skyrocket in price.

the book doesnt have a solid chart on which specific demons make other specific demons. it only gives you the formula for classes.

And really, you still never need the guide if you have the internet.

Also, in game it'll show you what the result is before you accept the fusion.

[quote name='icemanjmw13']will it ever drop ?[/quote]

yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

If I were you I wouldn't wait for it to drop. When the Revelations games came out on the PS One, they soon became hard to find and the values of the used games rose. The RPG genre is really the only one in which used games regularly sell higher than original retail prices (on sites like Ebay). I only saw one in stores last week and I got it at full price because I was afraid it would become to hard to find later.

I considered this game worth it at full price. It's not quite everyone's taste, maybe, but it was a pretty solid chunk of game.

The guide is worthwhile only if you get really tired of high-encounter dungeons and really want to know where the hell you're going. I find guide-maps occasionally more useful than GameFAQS. The guide's one of the better ones made out there. YMMV.

I've got 52 hours clocked on the game right now and I'm absolutely loving it.

Best rpg since Vagrant Story in my opinion.

Maybe even since FF6/FF7....

I doubt it will drop in price, but this is definitely a game worth paying $50 for anyway.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Just pickup Game Guide today along with Phantom Brave Guide. Still looking for Right price of this game around $25 - $40 ;)[/quote]

When DDS gets releAsed you'll have to look harder.

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='icemanjmw13']will it ever drop ?[/quote]

yo I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle
Dance go rush to the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
Deadly when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it you better gain weight
You better hit bull's eye the kid don't play
If there was a problem yo I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: that was classic

The number of copies Atlus shipped is based on pre-order. Since the sales hasnt been good, there are not that many copies around. Instead of waiting to save $10-20 at a store that might not have any copy, I would buy it now.

You guys convinced me. I'm gonna hit the 4 local shops tomorrow and either get it used for $40 if they have it or new for $50. If nothing else I'll probably at least be able to get most of my money back on Ebay.

O.K., you guys convinced me. I'm no longer holding out on this one. I passed it over at the TRU B2G1 sale and then at the recent Gamefly sale. I'm just going to get it no matter the price. Does BB sell it so at least I can have $5 off of it?

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']O.K., you guys convinced me. I'm no longer holding out on this one. I passed it over at the TRU B2G1 sale and then at the recent Gamefly sale. I'm just going to get it no matter the price. Does BB sell it so at least I can have $5 off of it?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure none of my local BB have had it for a long time, but they did at one time so YMMV.

Somebody else already mentioned this but I'd just reiterate that the persona/revelations games never had a price drop it actually went up in aftermarket sales. I would just buy it because it's a game that will be impossible to find when DDS comes out.

Yeah, like I said earlier, I learned my lesson with the Persona games. I lucked out on used copies ($20 each) simply because the people at local store I went to didn't realize the value of the games they had. Even little local stores that sell games are more savvy now and to see a low price on highly sought-after RPGs is becoming a rare thing.

I totally lucked out getting this game. After the Super Bowl I decided to check ebay again and there happened to be one that was factory sealed with the strategy guide and had a buy it now of $48. One of the best deals I've gotten in a while.

I was very lucky the last two days. Went to EB near my house and got this game (used and mint), Mercenaries, and The Punisher. On my lunchbreak today I went to the EB near my job and found the guide for $10. :D

After hearing all the great reviews for this game, I had to pick myself up a copy. Full price because I couldn't risk paying the even higher prices when this game inevitably jumps in price down the road.

I'm only about 5 hours into it, but so far I haven't seen what the all the hype is about! Is it just the mature themes, or does the game get more exciting later? Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my time with it, but I'm just not seeing anything revolutionary.

I'm still trying to find this game for about $30, I think it's very possible. I got my complete/mint Persona 2 for $13 AC @ an EB not too long ago, but I'm still looking for the first one complete.

I was trying to take advantage of 3 day weekend to try to beat this game!

It's impossible I say! it's too massive!

especially with the real final boss, Im afraid he'll kick mine ass so I still needa level mine guy up all the way!

got damn man! I wont beat this for another 3 week probably!

postaboy

I never thought Target carry this game. If target does carry this game "can you get he SKU # for us" starting 207.......... ;)

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']Even if you don't like it, it's a good investment.[/quote]

Video games aren't investments. They hold some value, but come on...there are better ways to make money.

[quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']Even if you don't like it, it's a good investment.[/quote]

Video games aren't investments. They hold some value, but come on...there are better ways to make money.[/quote]

Jeez, sorry

[quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']Even if you don't like it, it's a good investment.[/quote]

Video games aren't investments. They hold some value, but come on...there are better ways to make money.[/quote]

I think what he means is if he doesn't like it, he can still get equal or even greater value for it later. That's the way most good RPG's are like.

if you all have a lot of fye credit and was lucky enough to transfer it to a gift card, you can order it from fye.com for around $45 (free shipping on orders $49 or more). $5 off is better than nothing :p

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']do all the copies come with the soundtrack?[/quote]

All new copies will, be careful with used ones especially from gamestores however.

[quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']Even if you don't like it, it's a good investment.[/quote]

I think what he means is if he doesn't like it, he can still get equal or even greater value for it later. That's the way most good RPG's are like.[/quote]

Exactly, thank you. :D

[quote name='Rodimus Donut'][quote name='GuilewasNK'][quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Rodimus Donut']Even if you don't like it, it's a good investment.[/quote]

I think what he means is if he doesn't like it, he can still get equal or even greater value for it later. That's the way most good RPG's are like.[/quote]

Exactly, thank you. :D[/quote]

Sorry. :) Didn't mean to give you so much of a hard time.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='doraemonkerpal']do all the copies come with the soundtrack?[/quote]

All new copies will, be careful with used ones especially from gamestores however.[/quote]

thanks for the answer! :) i was just wondering b/c i'm about to order it and i was hoping i would get the soundtrack with the game hehe.

Also, with Digital Devil Saga coming out soon, i'm sure we will see a spike in the demand for SMT:N. I reccomend picking it up to capitalize on the release of DDS.

I picked on Nocturne a few times at stores, not thinking about actually purchasing it though.

But based one everyone's praises, I did. And they're fantastic.

Already pre-ordered both Digital Devil games too.

bread's done
Back