Shoes for work.What do you wear?

aihuman

Banned
Shoes for work.What do you wear?I wear Chuck Taylors for work,by the end of the day I can barely walk home.:cry:I need to get new shoes.What do you people recommend?

Get you a good pair Nike running shoes. Chucks are the uggliest and worst shoes ever unless you are some lil emo punk who likes to have sore feet. :D

[quote name='$hady']Get you a good pair Nike running shoes. Chucks are the uggliest and worst shoes ever unless you are some lil emo punk who likes to have sore feet. :D[/QUOTE]

I second that on all counts.

I work in IT for a school district, so a little more relaxed than business, but I wear whatever brand of basketball shoes I happen to come across.

Many shoe companies don't make running shoes or cross-trainers over a 13, 14, or 15, so I am pretty much limited to basketball shoes (size 18). I have liked the way that the Shox feel, but I have a pair of Adidas basketball shoes that I have been able to wear all day with no problems at all.

If you are already wearing Chuck Taylors, you could probably get away with some sort of running or basketball shoe though. I have been hit or miss with Nike, but my 2 pairs of Adidas that I have had recently have been very comfortable. One I wore in an office furniture moving environment, the other in my job I have now.

I worked in shoes for a few years. what kind of job are you doing? If you're looking for comfort for being on your feet, give new balance, air walks, vans, and propets a try. Just a warning though, Propets are generic old peoples shoes, but they are comfortable

I have to put those "Gellin' like a felon" inserts in all of my Vans or Cons or they're completely unwearable.

No dress code at work, so I wear whatever the hell I want...usually my Doc Martens or TUK creepers.

I'm a school teacher, so I wear professional attire every day. The one saving grace is that I get to wear sneakers. My choice: Nike SB Dunk low. Classic look, but with padded tongue and zoom air insert for comfort and fit.

In the kitchen its the Uncomfortable Non Slip waterproof oil reppelent shoes, Working a 12 hour shift Non stop with No breaks in between Really hurts my feet and the shoes offer no support whatsoever. Must be what i get for buying them On sale half price on clearence...at payless.

I dress professional and have found that many dress shoes hurt my feet at the end of the 13 hour day. I cannot bear the ones that have a pointed toe, and I have a size 14 foot, so finding the right shoes is a pain.

Big 5 has business/casual shoes that accommodate my feet. The Liz Claibornes, or Deer Stags are pretty good, and seem to hold up well to wear and tear. (I walk about 45 minutes a day in them, too)

Where can I go to try on some Propets? I'm looking for comfort. I don't care what they look like.

Thanks for that suggestion Bob. They look promising.

It depends on what I'm wearing clothes-wise and or how hungover I am.

Steel-toed work boots
cowboy boots
velcro sneakers
sandals

I went out today to get some cheap shoes for work that I can beat the crap out of, ended up scoring some Nike Air Force 1's for $30. Needless to say, I'll continue wearing my worn out New Balances to work for now.

[quote name='dafoomie']I went out today to get some cheap shoes for work that I can beat the crap out of, ended up scoring some Nike Air Force 1's for $30. Needless to say, I'll continue wearing my worn out New Balances to work for now.[/quote]

30 dollars?!?!?

Counterfeit?

[quote name='shnizzle66']30 dollars?!?!?

Counterfeit?[/QUOTE]
No fake, just a good deal from a discount store. Box was damaged and the shoes had a couple spots of something orange on them, but it came right off.

This won't mean anything to you unless you're from Boston, but I picked them up at Building 19.

Skechers dress shoes. Since you get away with Converse; I agree with others on New Balance. They are the most comfortable sneakers I have ever owned.

Doc martens all the way...Stick with their more standard shoe or boot styles and not some of the really funky stuff they are doing nowadays. They can be a bit pricey, but they're very comfortable and usually take quite a while to wear down...esp if you get the commando soles. They're not on sale all the time but every few weeks you can find a few styles on sale at zappos.com or at endless.com. They are sized in UK shoe sizes, which are typically one size larger that US shoe sizes, so if you wear a US 11, you probably should be looking for a 10

I wear Timberland PRO Steeltoe.

Try getting a really good (13-16 dollars) pair of insoles, the Doctor Scholl gel ones are awesome.

Personally, as a chick, I get around the high heels by coordinating my sneakers to my outfit, color-wise.

But for men's dress shoes, I'd reccomend Born shoes. Very stlylish leather, and extremely comfortable, plus they don't wear out quickly.

Crocs. Ugliest shoe on the planet.. most comfortable shoe on the planet. People are getting more used to seeing them, so I take a lot less harassment.

Its nearly impossible to find the perfect pair of shoes that fit perfectly right out of the box, especially if you have a size that most stores do not stock.

I have heard bad things about the gel insoles such as they shrink, and my uncle tried gel insoles for a factory job and they ended up hurting his feet MORE than just regular shoes.

This may sound stupid but since no one sees the insides of your shoes, I like to make my own insoles so I get that custom fit. Grab a pile of walmart foam insoles, or other pieces of foam, a pair of scissors and some duct tape, or another kind of tape. Don't use stuff with colored adhesive, it will get all over your socks, make sure the back of the tape is white. Put some insoles in your shoes then cut pieces from the other pairs to build up the places where your feet curve, such as under the arches or anywhere else that is hurting. Just try to make it so your feet are supported. Might take some trial and error but it works.

Skate shoes are awful imo, they are the most uncomfortable things you will ever wear, they have no padding or support whatsoever, I have tried over 50 pairs of skate shoes on in stores and could not get a single pair to fit me.

Anyone know which retail stores sell Propet shoes, preferably the whole line of propet shoes,, I would like to try on several different styles its just that I don't want to keep pestering Zappos with my returns since they have such good customer service.

I am also in desperate need of some sandals, I spent 6 weeks this summer searching for some sandals that fit and I was in tears by the time I was done because nothing fit, if anyone can recommend a really wide pair of mens sandals I would appreciate it.

I work in IT and its business professional so I wear Dr. Martens most of the time and some running shoes on casual Friday ;)

i wear flip flops to work these days. but when i had a desk job i would wear my slip on reaction dress shoes. any other jobs i would wear my johnson & murphys casual (they hurt after awhile)

Definitely not relaxed at my work with dress code, I wear some hush puppies on a normal day that I picked up in Hong Kong, and if I have a business meeting and need to wear my suit I have a pair of Bostonian shoes that are pretty comfortable for dress shoes.

If you can get away with the chucks though mabe you could try out some new balances? I worked in a shoe store for 2 years before and was always running around on concrete in the warehouse and New Balances always worked best for me.

Overall though, I would just go to a store, try on several different brands, then just pick out which one feels best, regardless of what anyone on here says (including me).

Nix on the person who recommended shox. I see everyone with them, but for the life of me I can't get a pair that's truly comfortable. I like New Balances for everyday walking (and working out).

I get to wear casual shoes so I rotate between Rainbow Sandals, New Balances, Vans, and Chuck T's.

I do research at a hospital and typically wear a pair of black Merrell mocs. Totally comfy and you can just slide right into them without a second thought. They're also suede and pretty nice-looking overall. I'd think you could wear them anywhere but a business-type office environment.

The most comfortable shoes I ever had for work (retail, that is) was a a pair of eS Tom Penny's in black. Simply awesome 'cause they looked tight as well. I'll take anything Nike Air in a pinch though.

[quote name='specialk']Nix on the person who recommended shox. I see everyone with them, but for the life of me I can't get a pair that's truly comfortable. I like New Balances for everyday walking (and working out).

I get to wear casual shoes so I rotate between Rainbow Sandals, New Balances, Vans, and Chuck T's.[/QUOTE]

I didn't exactly recommend them, just said they were alright for me. I really like my Adidas basketball shoes I have now. Got them at a discount store for like $20-$25, but that's about the price point I get all of my shoes for because by the time they have gone down that low, my size is the only one left. My dad was able to get me 4 pairs of Nike basketball shoes from a Foot Locker a few years ago for around $100 because he bought every pair of size 18s in the store, so the manager gave them to him cheap just so they got out of the store.

Depending on the environment, I usually wear black Dr. Scholl's shoes. Very comfortable, and decently attractive design. Completely black, look neat and proffesional. Great with kakhis or whatever they make you wear. Wonderful traction, can work in them for hours. Fairly versatile, but not a "work boot". Plus, I got my pair nice and cheap, I think for just a bit more than $20 on sale.

I have a nice pair of brown oxfords for more formal environments.

I remember wearing chucks in the mid ninties, when a lot of ppl were wearing them to be grunge, fast forward about 12 years and everyones wearing them to be emo , if your wanting a shoe that you can wear for work and be comfortable and still have a look, id get some vans, the pair i got in 04 are still comfortable and look new and i wore them like crazy

Almost exclusively Skechers at this point. I can keep a pair going for 4 years or so before they start to lose comfort, and the sole is still going strong at that point. In my experience they hold up incredibly well for the price.

bread's done
Back