Should I buy PS3 20gb or PS3 80gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhawk14

CAG Veteran
Ok first thing is I am an xbox360 owner and I am going to buy a PS3 and I do not know if I should get the PS3 20gb or the new PS3 80gb.

You should buy my 80gb PS3 I'm trying to sell with backwards compatibility :cool: It's on ebay right now but I'm going to lower the price cuz I don't think the bundle is going to sell.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...34097&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab=Selling
If you're interested, buy it or shoot me an offer, and I'll throw in component cables and Initial D for ps3.

Edit: Or if you want to wait and don't want to deal with eBay I'd be glad to sell it on CAG.

Really, the emotion engine isn't worth it. The software emulation is just as good. And the 80GB has a card reader, WiFi, 4 USB ports and a bigger hard drive.

The new 80gb model does not 4 usb ports and I do not think it has card reader.
But anyway do you think that the metal gear solid 4 bundle is good because I wanted to get the console with a game I also saw a Farcry 2 bundle.

You should get the 40gb MGS4 gunmetal grey bundle. Look on walmart.com. it's pretty sexy lol. That's what i got.

If you plan to play a lot of PS2 games I would go with the 20GB. It's nice to put in a PS2 game and not question whether it will work. You can always upgrade to a larger hard drive if neccessary

[quote name='bhawk14']The new 80gb model does not 4 usb ports and I do not think it has card reader.
But anyway do you think that the metal gear solid 4 bundle is good because I wanted to get the console with a game I also saw a Farcry 2 bundle.[/QUOTE]

That's right. The newer ones are the same as 40GB ones. Dman, tough choice. Are you really going to play PS2 games that much?

Well I mean I am going to play PS3 Games more but think I would rather be able
to play PS3 games and have the ability play playstation or playstation 2 games
But the only thing what happens if it gets broken.

I think I am going to go with MGS4 bundle and upgrade the hard-drive then I will have a great first PS3 Game.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Really, the emotion engine isn't worth it. The software emulation is just as good. And the 80GB has a card reader, WiFi, 4 USB ports and a bigger hard drive.[/QUOTE]
The Emotion Engine has very few compatibility issues, whereas software emulation has a ton. That alone makes it worth it.

There are also a couple of videos on YouTube showing side-by-side comparisons between the two emulation engines (with Emotion being the better of the two), but as with everything on YouTube, take it with a grain of salt.

20 gig if wifi and # of ports do not matter (upgrade the HD at some point ...very cheap to do)

60 gig if the first two points above do matter.

Emulating PS3 Vs Emotion Chip PS3s are Not created equal...

We have a launch PS3 60 used quite a bit with no issues...PS1 and 2 games look and play great...hmmm...can the emulator play PS1 games?

All PS3 systems play PS1 games, although I only tried a couple and I had issues with Parasite Eve 2 on a 60 gb system.

MjC

Go for the the bigger drive or buy for the value and replace the hard drive. I purchased on of the 60gb models then later down the road bought a 160gb drive. Or if price is not a issue "wait a minute I am at CAG" but go you for the Gold verison.

Get the MGS 40 gig model, if you plan on playing the new MGS game. If not get whatever you can find a deal on. Don't worry about BC, get a PS2 if you care that much. I would gladly take a PS2 and 40 gig over the 60 gig I have.

[quote name='bhawk14']The new 80gb model does not 4 usb ports and I do not think it has card reader.
But anyway do you think that the metal gear solid 4 bundle is good because I wanted to get the console with a game I also saw a Farcry 2 bundle.[/quote]

I have a 40 gb model that I bought standalone with NO bundle and I'm happy as can be with it. Then again, I only have about SIX games for it currently that're opened and out of those I only play TWO. Some games do require hard drive installs of up to 3 gigs though, so be warned that if you're going to try and juggle multiple games with large installs, then you may run out of space quickly.

As for me, I haven't run out of space yet, but if I do I know that all you need is a SATA 2.5" laptop drive to replace the PS3's standard HDD with.

By the way, if you want a good first game for your PS3, you can buy GTA IV from Blockbuster for $14.99 right now and right now they have a buy one get one going on. Plus, keep an eye on the Kmart and Sears deal threads for games for as low as $5.

Oh and before I forget, Blockbuster was clearing out the 40 gb PS3's for $50 or so off of retail($349, as opposed to $399), so that's another thing to think about.

[quote name='samblueman']if you can get the 80 gig.You need the extra room you never know what you going to download.[/quote]

Aside from stuff from PSN(Little Big Planet costumes, PSN games), I doubt I'll EVER fill up my 40 gb HDD. I just don't see myself as keeping very many games with large installs required for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back