Should I buy Turtles in Time Reshelled for $5?

limelight022

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (99%)
Love the turtles but this game doesnt have the classic look and soundtrack of the original, which is disapointing... However its $5 so im tempted to get it on 360. Thoughts/suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I love bein' a Tutle

I was disapointed with this game. Upon buying it I was more familiar with the SNES version and let-down to see they went with the arcade version instead. With that said I think $5 is a good price if you have a friends to play with. The hour you spend beating this with a couple buddies is worth price tag. However if you're going in alone I'd stay away.

I have yet to touch this game again after buying it at launch.

I have two other friends of mine who also played the demo and are on the fence about it...unless we can all play together. And yes, it does stink they didnt base it off the snes version that had more levels. If it had the classic mode i would have bought it when it came out.

It compares extremely poorly to the original, but if you get a few people together on your couch it'll probably give you two hours entertainment for less than the price of a movie ticket.

Pretty much what everyone else said.. It's just sad how much of a letdown the game is. It can be fun with friends, but that's just about it.

For $5, yes. For $10, it's iffy, depends on how much the nostalgia is worth to you. Sale ended yesterday though, right?

[quote name='limelight022']Love the turtles but this game doesnt have the classic look and soundtrack of the original, which is disapointing... However its $5 so im tempted to get it on 360. Thoughts/suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Buy it so you can play through survival mode with me.

[quote name='Irukandji']Buy it so you can play through survival mode with me.[/QUOTE]

What is survival mode? I cant believe they took the time to add another mode but didnt include the original version! They should have made it like R-Type Dimensions where you can switch the 2d/3d on the fly. That annoys me. Grrrr:bomb:

Also i have no idea if it went back up to $10 today. If it did I guess that means it wasnt meant to be haha.

I thought it was a pretty fun game, worth $5.
I know it wasn't the SNES/Arcade remake everyone wanted(or needed), but its still a good game in my mind.

[quote name='seanr1221']It's 5.00.

My coffee this morning was 2.00.

See where I'm going with this?[/QUOTE]

It takes maybe 5 minutes to make a cup of coffee. Why buy a cup of swill from one of the overpriced joints selling it for $2 and up?

And I'm surprised no one posted a picture of the guys from American Chopper(whose last name is Tuttle, I believe) in some sort of time machine or something to be a bunch of sarcastic pricks to the OP's spelling error.

C'mon my fellow CAG's, you're disappointing me today.

[quote name='seanr1221']Sometimes people are busy and don't have time.

5.00 is nothing. I'm sure you can get 5.00 of enjoyment out of any game.[/QUOTE]

I got $5 and more of enjoyment out of Mortal Kombat II since I bought it from the PSN store. As for the no time thing, I've found that waking up earlier gives me plenty of time.:D But hey, Starbucks has to make it's money someplace. Then again, I think they charge 2-3x that $2 a cup, right? I've never been(and never will)in one of their stores yet.

It wasn't from Starbucks.

I'm glad waking up early allows you to search 40 K-marts across Pennsylvania for clearance games.

Stick to the topic.

[quote name='seanr1221']It wasn't from Starbucks.

I'm glad waking up early allows you to search 40 K-marts across Pennsylvania for clearance games.

Stick to the topic.[/QUOTE]

I was actually, as you'll notice I said I got more than $5 use out of MKII. As for Turtles In Time, I kind of preferred the arcade version.

As for my clearance shopping habits, what is it to you? Sorry bout the coffee thing btw, didn't meant to come off as being up yer ass about it.

I'll just add my opinion to the pile and say that I personally won't be going for this deal. They killed the massive nostalgia appeal of this game by changing all the graphics and sound. The only justification for this would be if they did a full-on remake in the style of Metroid Zero Mission or Bionic Commando Rearmed. But instead, this is just the core game minus the style and charm of the original.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I'll just add my opinion to the pile and say that I personally won't be going for this deal. They killed the massive nostalgia appeal of this game by changing all the graphics and sound. The only justification for this would be if they did a full-on remake in the style of Metroid Zero Mission or Bionic Commando Rearmed. But instead, this is just the core game minus the style and charm of the original.[/QUOTE]

Couldnt have said it better myself. I ended up not buying the game, and started to play Castle Crashers instead. (I forgot i bought it on DoTW!!).

No, my friends and I still play the original on SNES. My buddy bought this Day 1. We played through it and it has NONE of the appeal. We still play the SNES on occasion, we have not touched the remake since.

bread's done
Back