Should I make a fuss? Re: EB Games Stickers

[quote name='jer7583']that's bullshit. it should be your choice to not have the stickers, because you take the risk that you can't return them.. [/QUOTE]

Here's the thing- while many of us understand that implication of 'I chose this, I can't return the item becuase of it and I'm OK with that'- there is a stunning amount of people who will try a return anyway, and pitch a screaming hissy fit when they're reminded that they can't.

Store policies generally come out based on bad customers. Cashiers follow the policy so they don't have to hear the whining that made the rule (since most people will comply with the 'rules' unquestioned.)

It's fine to ask, but don't expect compliance with your request if it goes against policy- usually it's better for the employee/store to turn you down. Besides, how hard is it to take off a sticker that went on 2 seconds ago, anyway? Hell, you could peel 'em off right there at the counter and ask the cashier to throw 'em away for you. :roll:

fuck goo gone. It isnt going to remove crappy paper label stickers with the anti theft metal strip on the used ps1 games I bought. fuck eb.

[quote name='Roufuss']They finall put Taskmaster in a wave.... fucking TASKMASTER!!! Guess what I find on the shelves?

Yep, you guessed it... wolverine, ghost rider, and iron man, the same shit they ship out en masse, with only 1 or 2 of the unique figures per box. The thing is, people have been pleading with Toy Biz for years now for them to put even ratios in their boxes, but I guess they think everyone wants Wolverine a billion times.

It's almost like if every EB got in one copy of a new game total, and you didn't know when they'd stock it or when it came out, but there are already five people waiting every day to grab it ASAP.

Juggernaut is my favorite marvel character... never saw one on the shelf, ever.[/QUOTE]

Starting Lineup figures were like this in the 90's, which may have been the reason you don't see them around any more.

[quote name='Scorch']That's really whiny of you, why wouldn't you just switch the cases out? It IS company policy to put the stickers on there. It was probably a new worker. You didn't have to act like a kid and turn around and walk out of the store just because he didn't do what you asked. The amount of money you spend there has no weight on the fact that it IS company policy. Overreacted a bit? More like a LOT.[/QUOTE]

The customer is always right.

Those with the money make the rules you know?

It's no different than buying a Lexus and telling them you don't want your $50,000 car to have a bracket on your license plate that advertises the dealer you purchased it from.

Sure it's dealer policy to put them on but if you're spending a lot of money its up to you what you do or don't want on your purchase.

No more powerful way to send a message than walking on a purchase.

[quote name='Three Dollar Hooker']The customer is always right.
[/QUOTE]

No, actually, they aren't.

Most customers are stupid, moronic, and deceitful, and will bend the rules however they want, and when they don't get what they want, they quote that stupid phrase like it's the magic button that makes any retail employee do whatever they say.

The employee was just doing his job, imagine if the OP came back a few hours later, or maybe the next day, wanting to return half of his games for his money back, but the seal isn't there? Whoops, the employee didn't put it on, the manager will probably cave, and the employee will hear shit about it.

I'd wager that probably already happened to the employee, which is why he was so adamant about putting stickers on in the first place. I hate EB / GS as much as the next guy, but if you shop at EB, prepare for stickers.

[quote name='Three Dollar Hooker']The customer is always right.[/QUOTE]

No, no, NO. By my expericence, the customer is wrong 99.9% of the time, and too much of a douche to admit it. :bouncy:

[quote name='Three Dollar Hooker']The customer is always right.

Those with the money make the rules you know?

It's no different than buying a Lexus and telling them you don't want your $50,000 car to have a bracket on your license plate that advertises the dealer you purchased it from.

Sure it's dealer policy to put them on but if you're spending a lot of money its up to you what you do or don't want on your purchase.

No more powerful way to send a message than walking on a purchase.[/QUOTE]

You are so off base. This is about EB protecting themselves from people using their store as a rental place.

Yeah, well, if it wasn't for the few customers who still try to return it even after they promised not to return it, the sales associate probably wouldn't have been so stubborn. I've had customers tell me not to put the seal on and that they understand they can't return it unless it's defective and then they come in the next day trying to return it, denying that they ever said such a thing. Now, I slap a seal on everyone's games because I don't feel like having someone scream at me again; I'm not too fond of getting yelled at and having all the other customers in the store look at me like I'm some crook.

Besides, I'm sure that the minimum wage sales associate didn't really care that you walked out; everyone in my store is super happy when there are no customers in the store so when someone threatens to never come back, we rejoice. Although the manager and the district manager would probably care, I think it'll be hard for you to make a case since the employee was just trying to follow company policy.

[quote name='Three Dollar Hooker']The customer is always right.[/QUOTE]

So I take it you've never worked in retail?

I once had a woman want expired grocery goods for free. I told it was against store policy to give away expired salad dressing. She threw a fit and complained to my manager, who defended my action since the customer could have made claims against the store at a later date.

Customer is always right...hilarious.

[quote name='terribledeli']So I take it you've never worked in retail?

I once had a woman want expired grocery goods for free. I told it was against store policy to give away expired salad dressing. She threw a fit and complained to my manager, who defended my action since the customer could have made claims against the store at a later date.

Customer is always right...hilarious.[/QUOTE]

The customer is usually wrong and is oftentimes a pain the ass. I've had way too many encounters with idiots to believe that the customer is always right... whoever came up with that concept should be shot.

[quote name='briansraregames']I spend somewhere in the area of $10000 annually at ebgames,[/QUOTE]

umm... thats like alot. I havnt spent that much on games and i have been at it for years.

bread's done
Back