Show your build!

Nice build! If im not mistaking did you have SLI 970's? How is the performance going to that single 980ti? I Have the same thought of going one 980ti and selling my 970's.
I did have 970s and the 980ti is a beast it can do everything my two cards but the bump in vram really helped all the games play at max settings without even a hitch. Also not having to wait for SLI profiles or workarounds for new/old games is nice.

Need to update my pics bought 4 sticks of ram, bought rubber/silicone screws for all my fans, removed the ugly dvd drive sticking out because i dont use it and fix the some of my wiring the gpu power cables were bothering me from the last pic. Probably something else but that is all I can remember off the top of my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't post this up after I did it I was getting air turbulence noise (didn't know that was a thing until I went looking) and found a Rosewill Rise Club and a guy had his front grill cut out. So I thought it was worth a try because the cover would hide it even if it didn't work. Well it did and my temps dropped 2cs so not bad.

tH0ZfkK.jpg

Got the Samsung 950 Pro M.2 and it is fast as heck transferring files not noticing any with games but it is really the size of a pack of chewing gum:

ix2Tuc8.jpg

Got a NZXT Grid+ to control fans and took that ugly Corsair 120gb SSD and put in my Samsung 256gb SSD for backups. After looking at this picture I think I need to zip tie my cables running outside my case:

kwZhGkx.jpg

Switched out my two sticks of ddr4 for four sticks of G.Skill ram because it was on my mobo memory list and worked out the box with XMP and gave me better overclocks. Also add silicone/rubber screws to all the fans to see if it would reduce noise and it did a little when gaming. Also cleaned up some cables after looking at some of my old pictures.

Most lights off on case:

bVMrDBs.jpg

Removed my DVD drive and both mechanical hdds so it is an end of era for all my old tech.

Lit up like a christmas tree:

Z5vP4R4.jpg

Now after getting everything close to where I want it I am thinking I should drop down to a mid tower case because there is so much wasted space now.

I'm upgrading my old Q6600 build from an Apevia X-master case to a Raidmax Ninja II this week.  Here's the case:

418itr-JUPL._SY355_.jpg

I really wanted a red and black or a white and black one, but they only sell it in orange and black.  It was only $20 after rebate, so if anything I can just take the plastic parts out later on and paint them.

My 320gb drive is dying, so I picked up a 1TB drive along with a CM 212 Plus to overclock that quad to (hopefully) 3.4/3.6 GHz.  I'll post some pics later this week once I get everything together.

I finished it last night. I didn't realize the case only comes with USB 3 ports. I'm going to have to buy a cheap PCI USB 3 card, or just run a USB hub to my desk. Anyway, behold my refreshed 8 year old build :)

Specs:
Intel Q6600 w/ Cooler Master 212 Plus
Corsair 550VX PSU
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
MSI 8800GT OC edition
Corsair DDR2 PC2-6400 2x1GB RAM
2 random 512MB sticks of RAM
WD 1TB Blue HD
Samsung DVD writer
Raidmax Ninja II Case

I was going to put an exhaust fan in the hole at the top, but I stripped one of the posts. It was also really close to the CPU cooler, so I was afraid it would steal cooling air from it.
25099903215_c2111a7f49_c.jpg

I zip-tied all the unused power cables to the bottom of the HD cage. You can sort of see it in the lower right here. I had wanted to put it behind the motherboard, but that side would not close because of all the wires.
24473025503_4315e5a020_c.jpg

The window is tinted, so it's hard to see inside. Maybe I'll get some LED strips in the future.
24981758672_1561fbec33_c.jpg

With front cover closed/
24732885769_692efff883_c.jpg

Front cover open
24473690603_79c50782f0_c.jpg

Behind the motherboard
51fa3c5b412f4bf495f6387d891def08.jpg

I'm having some issues with the HD though. I installed Windows 8 and it worked perfectly. Later, after restarting it, I got an HD error. I tried to run chkdsk, but it says the HD is write protected. I'm going to check the cables to make sure nothing is loose. Hopefully I won't have to RMA the drive.

Edit: added a picture of the wires behind the motherboard

Edit 2: Apparently I disconnected the HD power cable when I was trying to close the cover, so it's all good now.

encendido5 really like your case it looks futuristic and the orange makes it pop. Great job on the backside cable management it is making me jealous. I tried to clean up the backside of mine but got frustrated and just closed it back up need to stop being lazy and clean it up one of these days.

encendido5 really like your case it looks futuristic and the orange makes it pop. Great job on the backside cable management it is making me jealous. I tried to clean up the backside of mine but got frustrated and just closed it back up need to stop being lazy and clean it up one of these days.
Thanks man! Yeah, the case reminds me of those old Alienware cases before they got bought by Dell. I was also surprised at the cable management features for the price. My 4 year old is pretty excited about it since I told him it's the "family PC" :)

Thanks man! Yeah, the case reminds me of those old Alienware cases before they got bought by Dell. I was also surprised at the cable management features for the price. My 4 year old is pretty excited about it since I told him it's the "family PC" :)
Yea it does look like a older alienware case! And its pretty uncommon to see orange cases! i dig it.

encendido5 really like your case it looks futuristic and the orange makes it pop. Great job on the backside cable management it is making me jealous. I tried to clean up the backside of mine but got frustrated and just closed it back up need to stop being lazy and clean it up one of these days.
Mannn you dont wanna see the cables on the backside of my case, the front is clean and nice but the back looks like Medusa hair cables everywhere. I pretty much gave up on it too. Ill make my way back there to clean it up lol

- Skylake i7 6700k OC @ 4.5

- GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170X-Gaming 7

- 2x EVGA Geforce GTX 970 SLI

- Elgato HD60 Pro

- G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB  DDR4 Ram

- Corsair H100i GTX

- Rosewill Photon 750w PSU

- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (OS & APPS)

- Western Digital 2TB 7200RPM Black Series HD

- 3x Corsair AF120 White LED Fans

- 3x Corsair AF140 White LED Fans

- Corsair Graphite Series 760T Black Case

F9556532-54A6-44D8-846A-FC4F9DCE4AC6_zpshe6fqlqz.jpg

FAD5516F-E460-4850-9EFC-629EDAC547C8_zpseuqiihom.jpg

E0F94B54-6EA1-4C56-AC94-20C2B8CCB610_zpsyj3t4uis.jpg

CAA0E347-DBAF-4F62-94DF-086C89E890D9_zps5rpip9s1.jpg

[
343D7026-3D91-4D51-8091-BD0C1CE5167A_zpshp2xpgv5.jpg

My first build and my intro to pc gaming as well. She's about 2 weeks old lol.

Nothing flashy, that's what I was going for. Just testing the waters right now. Case is pretty empty haven't added any bells and whistles yet. And my cable management skills are non existent just yet, but I enjoyed this and I look forward to doing more. Building the library is my current goal.

I5-6500
1tb Seagate
Gigabyte H110m-a mobo
Sapphire r9 380 nitro
Gskill 16 gb 2x8 2400 ddr4 (mobo is 2133 but got a great price why not.)
Evga 600B
Thermaltake H21 versa

[attachment=21160:20160311_213707.jpg]

[attachment=21161:20160311_174103.jpg]

That is one tiny board.  I did a micro-ATX build once and afterwards swore that the next time I did a build, I'd have a motherboard the size of a car hood.

You probably don't need to worry about cable management since you don't have a lot going on in there anyway.  I mean, it looks nicer with the stuff out of the way but, unless you're overclocking (which I doubt you are with that cooler), air flow probably isn't going to be a concern.

Welcome to the scene!

Not really my thing, but cleaned up mine and built some more PC's. Mostly continuous upgrades and holdovers from previous builds.

Crappy pics inbound...

Mine:
Cosair Air 540
i5-4690K (@4.4Ghz currently)
Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Asus Z97-AR
16GB AMD R7 1866 DDR3
SLI EVGA GTX 970
240GB Silicon Power S60 SSD
5TB Toshiba PH3500U-1I72
2TB WD Black
Rosewill CAPSTONE-750-M PSU
Corsair AF140/SP120 Purple LED fans
UV LED strip

3j2jpRG.jpg

L2Wez5p.jpg

Fiancee:
Fractal Node 804
i5-4590
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo (w/GELID FN-PX12-15 Fan)
Asus H97M-Plus
8GB G.SKILL 1333 DDR3
XFX R9 280
120GB PNY XLR8 SSD
1TB Samsung Spinpoint
Corsair CX750M PSU
Corsair SP120 Purple LED fans
Pink LED strip

NRIhgsz.jpg

tech refresh coming soon.

im taking on 4k!

got a business trip so i sadly i wont finish it up till a couple weeks from now. but boy am i stoked for this.

I didn't build this...  some guy in Mexico did.  It's only half as cool as the guys above me, but it gets the job done...

1458657251429_zpsabpaamzj.jpg

HP's sorry ass excuse of a top of the line gaming desktop, the Envy Phoenix.  The inside is a mess and a pain in the ass to upgrade/add-on.  It could have been bigger and I would have been fine with that if it meant better cable management and accessibility.  Also the fan on the power supply was hitting a cable making an annoying noise...  had to poke around in there with a screw driver and move it out of the way.  Also their customer service is god awful.  If I hadn't got a damn good deal on this thing ($1,500) it would have definitely gone back.  Anyway here's how it looks in my HT set-up (far right).

1458657229467_zpslyhvyh8t.jpg

After tinkering around with it I am happy with how it performs.  I upgraded to a 1TB SSD, in addition to the 2x 2TB HDDs, which I think I will set-up in raid soon.

Specs_zpspkggujvq.jpg

I was gonna wait until the next gen GeForce cards came out and build something but the deal was a no brainer as my previous PC was packing a GTX 660.

I didn't build this... some guy in Mexico did. It's only half as cool as the guys above me, but it gets the job done...

[...]

HP's sorry ass excuse of a top of the line gaming desktop, the Envy Phoenix. The inside is a mess and a pain in the ass to upgrade/add-on.
Heavens! That looks like the HP boys put a bunch of computer parts in a bag and shook it really hard. Glad it works nicely for you though and you're happy with the price -- you only have to see the insides when you want to.

I didn't build this... some guy in Mexico did. It's only half as cool as the guys above me, but it gets the job done...

1458657251429_zpsabpaamzj.jpg

HP's sorry ass excuse of a top of the line gaming desktop, the Envy Phoenix. The inside is a mess and a pain in the ass to upgrade/add-on. It could have been bigger and I would have been fine with that if it meant better cable management and accessibility. Also the fan on the power supply was hitting a cable making an annoying noise... had to poke around in there with a screw driver and move it out of the way. Also their customer service is god awful. If I hadn't got a damn good deal on this thing ($1,500) it would have definitely gone back. Anyway here's how it looks in my HT set-up (far right).

1458657229467_zpslyhvyh8t.jpg

After tinkering around with it I am happy with how it performs. I upgraded to a 1TB SSD, in addition to the 2x 2TB HDDs, which I think I will set-up in raid soon.

Specs_zpspkggujvq.jpg

I was gonna wait until the next gen GeForce cards came out and build something but the deal was a no brainer as my previous PC was packing a GTX 660.
The outside looks nice. How many fans does it have? I only see one, maybe two? And what's the CPU cooler like? Can that be upgraded?

Judging from the tubes, the CPU looks like it's water cooled with some sort of HP-branded unit.  I'd imagine you could put in a different cooler but I don't really see room for a larger radiator so I'm not sure what the point would be.  Still, just having the water unit instead of a stock fan cooler is nice.

Judging from the tubes, the CPU looks like it's water cooled with some sort of HP-branded unit. I'd imagine you could put in a different cooler but I don't really see room for a larger radiator so I'm not sure what the point would be. Still, just having the water unit instead of a stock fan cooler is nice.
Now that you mention it, I see the tubes. Have to say I'm impressed with HP for that one. I assume there's a fan on the back to exhaust the GPU heat too so I think that would be enough.

Assuming the PSU is located in back and the drive cage in front (which would make sense), it looks like there's one fan in front and the radiator/fan in back.  When I installed my water cooler, the recommendation was to have the fan pulling air in, rather than out, so cooler outside air would pull over the radiator instead of warmer air within the system.  I have a front fan also blowing in and a top mounted fan exhausting the heated air out.

I would guess that his front fan is pulling air in and his rear fan is blowing out over the radiator which may not be "optimal" but probably doesn't matter much anyway.  I don't see room for another fan unless he has a slotted top to the case he can put one into.  [Edit: Actually, I'm not even sure it has a front fan -- I don't see wires for one]

And, yeah, I was thrown off by the opening as well.  I'm so used to opening my case from the left that I was staring at his picture and wondering what sort of insane setup had the cage in back and the PSU and GPU up front :lol:

I like that keyboard, what is it?
Logitech Illuminated bluetooth wireless keyboard. I really wanted a mechanical keyboard but I couldn't find a wireless full sized one at all so this was the best option for a wireless keyboard. If I ever use this as a desktop (I think I will build a more compact HTPC in maybe 3 years) then I will get a true gaming mechanical keyboard and mouse.

Alright, so I think this is it for now for the Fox's computer and this is as good as my cable management will ever get:

ALexzHT.jpg
tmjcDno.jpg
SiMmssx.jpg
Ko4Kc94.jpg

I have two pics with computer off and two with on.

Here are my parts:

• MotherBoard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
  • CPU: AMD FX-6300
  • RAM: 16GB Team Dark Ram (2x8GB)
  • HARDDRIVE #1: WD Green 2TB
  • HARDDRIVE #2: Refurbished Hitachi Ultrastar 7200K 2GB
  • SSD #1: 240GB AMD (AMD Branded OCZ)
  • SSD #2: 64GB Kingston 
  • CPU COOLING: Coolermaster V8 (replaced fan with Cooler Master Blue LED)
  • GRAPHICS CARD: Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB
  • CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos II
  • PSU: XFX TS750
  • Case Cooling: A million blue LED Cooler Master fans (200mm Front Intake, 140mm Back Exhaust, 2x120mm Top, 2x120mm Side Panel. 2x120mm Drive Bay)

So I think this is it for a good while.  That refurb Hitachi (server pull) has been working very well for me, though I just store my Steam library on it.  I might get another one as it is almost full.

I upgraded the memory so I could use my old memory (4x2GB Kingston Hyper Blu) on a computer I am building for my brother in law.  I like the way the Team Dark memory looks and works, but I swear it is two different tones of blue.  I ordered the same stick but maybe a month apart. 

The V8 CPU cooler was used on ebay and I had to order the AMD mounting brackets from Cooler Master.  I replaced the red LED fan that came with it with a blue Cooler Master one.  My only mistake is it was one of the fans with the black plastic so the blue doesn't shine through the top like I would prefer.  That said, it'd get drowned out by all the other blue LED fans so it's not a big deal for me.  

I have a sit/stand station set up that I will try to take a picture of later.  

For the bottom I have:

• Samsung 940BW 19'' Monitor - This thing has been going strong for like 7 years now.
  • Kensington Slimline Keyboard (feels like laptop keys and great for typing)
  • Logitech G300S Mouse - this was a warranty replace for a G100S my brother got me for my birthday last year and I honestly prefer the G100S.  It had less buttons, but felt more solid and had a better scroll wheel, but Logitech had none to replace it so they "upgraded" me. 
For the top I have:

• Acer 23'' IPS Monitor
  • Eagletec Blue LED Mechanical Keyboard (Got this for like $27 bucks from Amazon Warehouse Deals.  Love it, though a little loud.  New it is only $49.99)
  • E-Blue Wireless Cobra Mouse - $6.99 shipped on Amazon and great mouse for the price. 
For sound I have a Nobsound 2.1 Mini Amp from ebay (great amp) hooked up to two Cerwin-Vega Bookshelf speakers I got from Goodwill ($10 for the pair).  The speakers are okay, but for only $10 I will replace them if I ever find anything better. 

For headphones I have:

• Plantronics Gamecom Commander - the PC cord is failing on this so I will relegate it to phone use.
  • Mad Catz F.R.E.Q.3 - $10 on Newegg and loving these so far.
  • Beats by Dre Studio Pro - Amazon glitch on these for $150.  Still overpriced, but nice headphones.
  • Klipsch Status Headphones - Got these at Marshall's for like $80 a few years back.  You can get them on Amazon for $90 I think and they are worth it IMO.  Look nice and sound great, not as bass heavy as the beats.
  • Nakamichi Bluetooth Headphones - got these for "free" with 100% back in SYWR points at Sears. $40 MSRP.  I'd say they are closer to $20 headphones, but they do sound nice and the bluetooth works well on them.  

Alright, so I think this is it for now for the Fox's computer and this is as good as my cable management will ever get:

ALexzHT.jpg
tmjcDno.jpg
SiMmssx.jpg
Ko4Kc94.jpg

I have two pics with computer off and two with on.

Here are my parts:

• MotherBoard: Gigabyte 970A-UD3P
  • CPU: AMD FX-6300
  • RAM: 16GB Team Dark Ram (2x8GB)
  • HARDDRIVE #1: WD Green 2TB
  • HARDDRIVE #2: Refurbished Hitachi Ultrastar 7200K 2GB
  • SSD #1: 240GB AMD (AMD Branded OCZ)
  • SSD #2: 64GB Kingston
  • CPU COOLING: Coolermaster V8 (replaced fan with Cooler Master Blue LED)
  • GRAPHICS CARD: Sapphire Radeon 7950 3GB
  • CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos II
  • PSU: XFX TS750
  • Case Cooling: A million blue LED Cooler Master fans (200mm Front Intake, 140mm Back Exhaust, 2x120mm Top, 2x120mm Side Panel. 2x120mm Drive Bay)

So I think this is it for a good while. That refurb Hitachi (server pull) has been working very well for me, though I just store my Steam library on it. I might get another one as it is almost full.

I upgraded the memory so I could use my old memory (4x2GB Kingston Hyper Blu) on a computer I am building for my brother in law. I like the way the Team Dark memory looks and works, but I swear it is two different tones of blue. I ordered the same stick but maybe a month apart.

The V8 CPU cooler was used on ebay and I had to order the AMD mounting brackets from Cooler Master. I replaced the red LED fan that came with it with a blue Cooler Master one. My only mistake is it was one of the fans with the black plastic so the blue doesn't shine through the top like I would prefer. That said, it'd get drowned out by all the other blue LED fans so it's not a big deal for me.

I have a sit/stand station set up that I will try to take a picture of later.

For the bottom I have:

• Samsung 940BW 19'' Monitor - This thing has been going strong for like 7 years now.
  • Kensington Slimline Keyboard (feels like laptop keys and great for typing)
  • Logitech G300S Mouse - this was a warranty replace for a G100S my brother got me for my birthday last year and I honestly prefer the G100S. It had less buttons, but felt more solid and had a better scroll wheel, but Logitech had none to replace it so they "upgraded" me.
For the top I have:

• Acer 23'' IPS Monitor
  • Eagletec Blue LED Mechanical Keyboard (Got this for like $27 bucks from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Love it, though a little loud. New it is only $49.99)
  • E-Blue Wireless Cobra Mouse - $6.99 shipped on Amazon and great mouse for the price.
For sound I have a Nobsound 2.1 Mini Amp from ebay (great amp) hooked up to two Cerwin-Vega Bookshelf speakers I got from Goodwill ($10 for the pair). The speakers are okay, but for only $10 I will replace them if I ever find anything better.

For headphones I have:

• Plantronics Gamecom Commander - the PC cord is failing on this so I will relegate it to phone use.
  • Mad Catz F.R.E.Q.3 - $10 on Newegg and loving these so far.
  • Beats by Dre Studio Pro - Amazon glitch on these for $150. Still overpriced, but nice headphones.
  • Klipsch Status Headphones - Got these at Marshall's for like $80 a few years back. You can get them on Amazon for $90 I think and they are worth it IMO. Look nice and sound great, not as bass heavy as the beats.
  • Nakamichi Bluetooth Headphones - got these for "free" with 100% back in SYWR points at Sears. $40 MSRP. I'd say they are closer to $20 headphones, but they do sound nice and the bluetooth works well on them.
Nice computer but could use a r9 290 or a 390 in there, you plan on upgrading to Polaris or Pascal cards?

Finally got time to actually post this! Great looking rigs everyone. I've gotten some nice little ideas here and there. This is my current rig. 

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:22802]

CPU: i7 4790
Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula
GPU: Nvidia GTX780
RAM: Hyper X Fury series 16gb
HDD: Samsung 500gb SSD, x2 Kingston 240gb SSD
CPU: Corsair RM650
Pump/Res: XSPC Photon D5 270
WC Block, Plate and CPU Block: EK
Fans: x4 Noctua Redux 140mm
Radiator: A Black One
Case: Aerocool X-Predator "Avenger" Although its no longer called this due to I assume copyright haha
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:22805]

Future upgrades are another 16gb of the Fury and install the EVGA GTX780 SC ASX 2.0 I have sitting here, including the EK block and plate. Apart from that I am happy enough with it until I can find a 1080 cheap enough that I can happily ply it apart first time i get it and water cool it. Or a second hand one. 

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:22803]
And for an added bonus, this is my battlestation. Excuse the mess. I will get a better photo another time. 

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:22804]

Finally got time to actually post this! Great looking rigs everyone. I've gotten some nice little ideas here and there. This is my current rig.

CPU: i7 4790
Mobo: ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula
GPU: Nvidia GTX780
RAM: Hyper X Fury series 16gb
HDD: Samsung 500gb SSD, x2 Kingston 240gb SSD
CPU: Corsair RM650
Pump/Res: XSPC Photon D5 270
WC Block, Plate and CPU Block: EK
Fans: x4 Noctua Redux 140mm
Radiator: A Black One
Case: Aerocool X-Predator "Avenger" Although its no longer called this due to I assume copyright haha

Future upgrades are another 16gb of the Fury and install the EVGA GTX780 SC ASX 2.0 I have sitting here, including the EK block and plate. Apart from that I am happy enough with it until I can find a 1080 cheap enough that I can happily ply it apart first time i get it and water cool it. Or a second hand one.

And for an added bonus, this is my battlestation. Excuse the mess. I will get a better photo another time.
Holy crap this is a great looking system :applause: really wish I had the guts to do watercooling because they are always the best looking system builds to me.

Since there was a call for builds:

CPU: i7 6700k
Mobo: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 5
GPU: Asus Strix Nvidia GTX1080
RAM: Ballistix 32GB
HDD: Crucial 500GB SSD, Samsung 64GB SSD (for cache) both attached to back of motherboard
          1x old ass 1TB for random documents, 5TB Toshiba X300 7200RPM game drive
          3TB and 5TB Seagate USB3 drives for audio samples, movies and stuff
Sound Card: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7
Case: Fractal Design R5
Fans: Rear/Bottom/Front Fractal GP-14 140mm

Monitors: Asus VE247H and BENQ XL2411Z 144hz monitor
KB/M: Gigabyte Ghost M8000X, Razer Blackwidow mechanical
Noise Makers: KRK Rokit 6
                        Logitech G930 wireless headset
                        KRK KNS-8400
                        AKG K240 opens

other various controllers and what nots
llpoce7.jpg

FG7iB8J.jpg

Its kept underneath my desk so no good full shots, but I love that case. I like them subtle, but it has thick soundproof foam on all sides and is completely silent.  It was also my first case to finally have cable cleanup so it was a nice change from my 6-7year old thermaltake. So luckily even though it doesnt look great in this shot the only loose cables are the ones for the gpu, only looks bad cause they are flat but at least thin so not blocking anything and the ones on the right are routed behind
sxGsd6N.jpg

Also ignore the dust :)  At least the filters are clean since I cleaned when I did this build ~month ago, those side vents are hard to keep clean though, at least the rest is clean

GPU: Asus Strix Nvidia GTX1080
Sound Card: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
CPU Cooler: Cryorig H7

Noise Makers: KRK Rokit 6
Logitech G930 wireless headset
KRK KNS-8400
AKG K240 opens

other various controllers and what nots
Great 1080 was saving up for it but changed my mind and bought other stuff. Looked up the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 because I would like a external solution for my turntables/pc this looks nice. I was going to buy the Cryorig H7 because they have one of the best looking coolers/fans in my opinion but the height wouldn't fit in the new case I bought. Another collector of headphones and those KRK Rokit 6 are the speakers I want for my setup some day.

Here are the headphones/headsets I currently have:
AIAIAI TMA-2 (main pc headphones)
Astro A50 (main console headphones)
Denon AH-D2000 (need to buy a new headband were the main ones)
Beats by Dre Studio First Gen (got these when they first came out and not as bad as everyone says but dont use much anymore)
Jaybird Bluebuds X (workout/yardwork go to)
Harman Kardon AE-S (retired after getting jaybirds)
SteelSeries Guild Wars 2 Headset (they were cheap but a little small for my ears but sound/mic is good enough)
Zalman Zm-Mic1 (use with headphones if I want to talk to people in games so not used much but great mic)

Yea I went with the cryorig since apparently its the new hotness for well performing not 100$ air coolers.  I ran an evo212 on my previous build which was also good but the cryorig runs just as well if not better while being smaller and quieter

I occasionally dabble in the audio stuff, thats why I have the scarlett, plus it has the right outputs for a set of speakers like the rokits.  The scarlett also is ios compliant which is nice so you can plug it into an ipad and use it with any of the audio apps on there as well

And on the rokits, they get a lot of crap in the audio community for being 'bass heavy' but honestly I dont really hear it. You can usually find them on really good discounts a couple times a year and with those discounts they are very hard to beat

Yea I went with the cryorig since apparently its the new hotness for well performing not 100$ air coolers. I ran an evo212 on my previous build which was also good but the cryorig runs just as well if not better while being smaller and quieter

I occasionally dabble in the audio stuff, thats why I have the scarlett, plus it has the right outputs for a set of speakers like the rokits. The scarlett also is ios compliant which is nice so you can plug it into an ipad and use it with any of the audio apps on there as well

And on the rokits, they get a lot of crap in the audio community for being 'bass heavy' but honestly I dont really hear it. You can usually find them on really good discounts a couple times a year and with those discounts they are very hard to beat
Air coolers are the only way to go for me because had a bad experience with a AIO cooler that just stopped working and no guts to try watercooling. I currently use the Scythe Kotetsu but have a be quiet! Dark Rock TF to put in the new case.

Yeah I have seen the people talk about the KRK bass but wouldn't bother me either way because I listen to about 80% hip-hop. That Scarlett will now be on my future upgrade list after going through some reviews and finishing up my system (which will never happen because I am always looking at something to add to it).

Same here.  When I originally built my 2600k box ~6 years ago I was running water cooling in it. Apparently the pump/fan/whatever on the  cpu had died after a couple years and I really had no idea.  It was keeping it cool enough to not die but temps were much higher than what they should of been.  So after that I never wanted to go water again

The scarlett's are good options for price/performance. Anything beyond that and your lookin at double the price for maybe some better dacs that you probably wont even hear the difference. Alot less than that and your lookin at crappy driver support.  The scarletts come in enough models as well that you can usually match up to exactly what you need for input/output.  I could also suggest the NI Komplete audio cards, I used to run with an audio kontrol 1, but their driver support is hit or miss. Some people end up with static/crackling and thats existed in their cards for years. Mine had been fine for a long time and then started doing it

Finally cleaned the PC and took a picture. Here's the specs and guts.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.3 GHz 
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 
Primary Drive: Crucial M4 256GB SSD 
Secondary Drive: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD 
Optical Drive: LITE-ON Black 12X Blu-ray Burner IHBS112-04 
Memory: 24GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 2x4GB and KLEVV Fit 2x8GB 
Graphic Card: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 Ti Classified ACX 2.0+ 
PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 
Monitor: 29" LG 29UM67-P 21:9 UltraWide 
Case: Corsair Carbide 400R 
Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB - Cherry MX Silent 
Mouse: Logitech G9x 
Sound Card: ASUS Xonar U7 
Speakers: Logitech Z623 2.1 System 
Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, Turtle Beach Ear Force P11

27847087744_d1c3b19bc4_o.jpg

perty

I also like that fan you got in the back, I had 2 of those on my old case. Forgot the brand but I remember I thought they were pretty good

I've recently switched from the console army back into the PC Master Race world. Here my latest build:

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6 GHz water cooled by Corsair H100i V2
Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger 
Primary Drive: Samsung 850 Pro 250GB SSD 
Secondary Drive: WD Blue 1TB HDD
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3000MHz DDR4
Graphic Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC Edition
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 G2
Monitor: 27" BenQ XL2720Z 144hz
Case: In Win 303
Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB 
Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma
Speakers: Harman/Kardon Soundstick Wireless III 
Headphones: AKG K550, Skullcandy PLYR1 Wireless Gaming Headset

PS: Not sure how to post image. Here's a link to it: http://www.overclock.net/g/i/2848897/avatars/sort/display_order/

That does indeed look nice.  I also like the speakers.  Heard good things about those but my current set up is not futuristic enough to pull that look off. 

Now after getting everything close to where I want it I am thinking I should drop down to a mid tower case because there is so much wasted space now.
So back again with more upgrades I might have a problem.

Here are my last two cases compared to the new one (Caselabs Bullet BH7) so small but fits full ATX and PSU:

texGoRk.jpg

Most of the components were used from my other build but here is the new stuff I thought I was going to cram in there.

be quiet! Dark Rock TF

Raijintek Aeolus Beta 120mm 13mm fans x2

be quiet! Pure Wings 2 120mm 25mm fans x2

Insignia 80mm 25mm fans x2

Bitfenix Alchemy 2.0 white psu cables:

HxZnJB4.jpg

Here is the bottom compartment of the case with everything cram in there that is the best I could do with the cable management need to get shorter cables and had been up for 24 hours the day I was building. Also hacked up my NZXT Hue 5.25 lighting to fit:

mtxqna8.jpg

Here is a right shot of the case with top off my bad for the crappy photo but had no sleep:

4tApc3S.jpg

Top shot from the right side. Really like how the be quiet! Dark Rock TF looks:

j5JQMx0.jpg

Left side of the case:

OtYVyzf.jpg

Left side from the top of the case and the Gigabyte 980ti G1 is too damn long:

f80Novk.jpg

Shot with the lights on and you are not seeing things no fan in the front by the gpu because it would not fit:

onzKNm0.jpg

Here is a shot of the case and the other new additions I got with it.

Rockville APMW white studio monitors

Glorious PC Gaming Race white XXL mouse mat

Creative Sound Blaster X G5

Xbox One Controller white:

6hplNo8.jpg

Closer shot of the setup:

jlGUMj3.jpg

So that is it for now really like the case and size is great but my gpu is so gigantic in it so that might be my next upgrade because temps are higher than I like without the other front fan.

Looks great HP!  I have the gigabyte G1 970 and had to rip out one of my hard drive cages to get that to fit into my old case, those things are ridiculously long.  Might start transferring stuff into the new case this week, if I can drag myself away from No Mans Sky.

Also, you probably need more headphones.

Great stuff headpiece, did not expect a turntable to appear as I scroll down the pics. Impressive to me, but overall the setup is nice.

Had a chuckle from the big Made in U.S.A. sticker. :razz:

Edit: Ugh, the price of those Caselabs Bullet are expensive. Would've been perfect as an HTPC. My bro and I prefer to get something along those size and these have nice rounded edges while being minimalist.

Looks great HP! I have the gigabyte G1 970 and had to rip out one of my hard drive cages to get that to fit into my old case, those things are ridiculously long. Might start transferring stuff into the new case this week, if I can drag myself away from No Mans Sky.

Also, you probably need more headphones.
We need more people posting their builds in here so I don't feel like the only one. And I do have more hold on:

AIAIAI TMA-2 (main pc headphones)
Astro A50 (main console headphones)
Denon AH-D2000 (need to buy a new headband were the main ones)
Beats by Dre Studio First Gen (got these when they first came out and not as bad as everyone says but dont use much anymore)
Jaybird Bluebuds X (workout/yardwork go to)
Harman Kardon AE-S (retired after getting jaybirds)
SteelSeries Guild Wars 2 Headset (they were cheap but a little small for my ears but sound/mic is good enough)
Zalman Zm-Mic1 (use with headphones if I want to talk to people in games so not used much but great mic)
DxCwCua.jpg

hey, where do you find those little black things that you have on the PSU cables that keep them straightened out? i tried to find them the other day, or even the name of them, and came up empty.
They came with the Bitfenix cables so wouldn't know where to get them separately.

Great stuff headpiece, did not expect a turntable to appear as I scroll down the pics. Impressive to me, but overall the setup is nice.

Had a chuckle from the big Made in U.S.A. sticker. :razz:

Edit: Ugh, the price of those Caselabs Bullet are expensive. Would've been perfect as an HTPC. My bro and I prefer to get something along those size and these have nice rounded edges while being minimalist.
Murica but they are I was looking at a couple this one was also on my shortlist because it is as small and way cheaper but couldn't find many reviews at the time and a new company: RIOTORO® CR1080

Just got the parts for my new build (will be done this Saturday).

- Intel i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad Core 4.0 GHz 1151 Processor
- Corsair Hydro Series H115i Extreme Performance CPU Cooler
- 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 SDRAM
- ASUS ROG Maximus VIII HERO ALPHA
- Corsair HXi Series HX750i 750W Power Supply
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 SEA HAWK X Water Cooled GPU
- 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD (Operating System)
- 1x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD (Games)
- 1x Western Digital Black 1TB 7200 RPM HD (Old HD that will be replaced by a 1TB SSD in the near future)
- Corsair 400C Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
- Windows 10 Professional

I will be running this all on my 60in 4K UHD LG Television with a Couchmaster Pro as the desk.  I was originally going get a 1080 SEA HAWK X Water Cooled GPU, but the $300 price difference was not worth it IMO and eliminating this allowed me to get a second hard drive.  Let me know what you guys think.  I will post pictures once it is done.

We need more people posting their builds in here so I don't feel like the only one. And I do have more hold on:

DxCwCua.jpg

They came with the Bitfenix cables so wouldn't know where to get them separately.

Murica but they are I was looking at a couple this one was also on my shortlist because it is as small and way cheaper but couldn't find many reviews at the time and a new company: RIOTORO® CR1080
How's that Ecler mixer? I'm still rolling with an old Vestax PMC-07Pro. Looked up both and turns out both Ecler and Vestax are out of the DJ Mixer game. My how the times have changed.

How's that Ecler mixer? I'm still rolling with an old Vestax PMC-07Pro. Looked up both and turns out both Ecler and Vestax are out of the DJ Mixer game. My how the times have changed.
That Vestax is still a beast I remember when I was shopping for mixers and turntables every website/store was saying get a Vestax and Technics. But me being bone headed at the time thought I wanted something new so went with the Ecler and Stanton because they were the new kids on the block but were getting great reviews. The Ecler mixer is really great does everything I want and more with a really smooth fader. I took a gamble and it works for my man cave DJ setup. That is really sad about both companies being out of the mixer game especially Vestax because you saw everyone that was a real/fake DJ with them.

Looks great HP! I have the gigabyte G1 970 and had to rip out one of my hard drive cages to get that to fit into my old case
My old 7950 was the same way. Thing was a behemoth. I was actually worried whether the weight of it hanging out of the port would be an issue until I realized that the far end was actually resting on the surface inside the drive cage area (just the shield, not actual circuitry of course)

bread's done
Back