Sign @ Walmart states buy Dark Souls 2 PS4 or Xbone get 50% extra trade in value on 2 games

Yes, if this story is even true. All we know is the very infrequent visiting OP "Seen tonight at local Arkansas Walmart."
I visit nearly everyday Rick just don't post many deals since most are posted by the time I find them. This site has saved me so much $ over the years. I hope this deal helps someone.

If the max is only 2 games, not worth dealing with walking into Walmart for a $15-20 profit for me, especially if it takes over an hour like last time.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you guys trading in? Any good games that fetch a good buck? My nearest walmart is 15 miles away, if it is not worthwhile I dont want to go.

Edit: Also, does walmart require the art work and everything? Or do they only care about the disc?

Wait so this is a 50% extra trade in credit right? So if my calculations are correct, wouldn't the trade in values for sunset overdrive be at 22.60 and the order be  at 30.31 with the bonus?, doesn't seem to be that much profit to be had for it to be worth it :/ 

I wish some games were up to $60 each like last time with the nba 2k promo. I should've gotten 2 copies of ac unity damn it

Wait so this is a 50% extra trade in credit right? So if my calculations are correct, wouldn't the trade in values for sunset overdrive be at 22.60 and the order be at 30.31 with the bonus?, doesn't seem to be that much profit to be had for it to be worth it :/
Thats the base.

No, he is correct, it's after the 50%, check the website, you'd be looking at a $10 profit after taxes with the BB deal, but I assume you probably have a better flip than that.
ACU turns a set of three from the b2g1 for $36 into $80.

If you got some last week that is.

ACU turns a set of three from the b2g1 for $36 into $80.

If you got some last week that is.
epic-cry.gif

Boo 2 game limit. Especially for having to trade in to Walmart

If anyone tries more than 2, please let me and the rest of us know how it turns out :pray:

Well tried 4 games but the system blocks them from adding more than 2 games for the trade in.  There was some alert that states that the maximum trade in is 2 games for the promotion.  Ended up going down the street to the next Walmart to trade my other 2 games in.  

This actually went better than expected

1) traded in 2 NBA 2K15's today for $58.42

2) used that GC to purchase DS2, and paid the remaining $4.xx with a debit card.  

3) walked to the front of the store and returned DS2, getting $62.xx in CASH back 

in and out in 20 minutes

This actually went better than expected

1) traded in 2 NBA 2K15's today for $58.42
2) used that GC to purchase DS2, and paid the remaining $4.xx with a debit card.
3) walked to the front of the store and returned DS2, getting $62.xx in CASH back

in and out in 20 minutes
Is this some sort of ymmv thing? I'd assume they would normally offer a gift card for the return instead of CASH.

Is this some sort of ymmv thing? I'd assume they would normally offer a gift card for the return instead of CASH.
I'm guessing it really just depends on the cashier. I noticed walmart's copy of the return receipt called out the $58.42 gc balance.

The last couple times this promo ran, others were able to replicate- but it's pretty rare.

Nope it was 2/transaction. Same with CoD/PS4 promo.
Hmm all I remember was I had a b2g1 coupon at gamestop and got 3 games to trade in towards nba 2k15. They were destiny, diablo and madden and got $60 for each. I probably got another cheap game and traded it in since I remember going to two walmarts.

You could buy Amex or Visa Cards at Walmart. Well took a while but I took $180 and turned it to $355.
I thought I heard it was YMMV as you're supposed to pay with cash or credit but the system allows for GC payments. I've never tried it personally. I think fees are $5.95 per load?

What are the fees?
It depends on the card I go for Amex since I don't trust Visa as much after that one time. It will range to $3.94 $25 Visa Card to $4.94 Amex $25-$500 card due to a promotion.

Will they stop you from purchasing one or can you get it at self checkout?
Mine didn't stop me and I've done it at self checkout before as well but Amex only for both. Visa I am not sure at all.

Last time I got the AMEX card, I didn't get charged the fee. Has that happened to anybody before? It was the $100 one with box and bow.

i'll wait for the inevitable $40 total for both dark souls 2 and blood borne (19.99 each by summer/summer end)   

i'll wait for the inevitable $40 total for both dark souls 2 and blood borne (19.99 each by summer/summer end)
Oh? You think Bloodborne will be $20 by the end of summer? Want to make a bet on that? I don't think till around Black Friday at the earliest if even that.

Oh? You think Bloodborne will be $20 by the end of summer? Want to make a bet on that? I don't think till around Black Friday at the earliest if even that.
From past experience, the souls game normaly drop quickly. BB may be an exception though, hopefully not.

A bit traumatizing experience today.  In the end, the Milpitas CA store gal confirmed that their store won't get any stock of either X1 or PS4 until 4/27.  So as you could guess, she had issues trying to figure out if they could take my BF:HL game or not.  We ended up looking up the UPC, manually putting it in (surprised it was allowed) and she processed it after looking for AM to confirm that no copies were available.  took about 45 mins total.  Guess that now saves me a trip to return the game.

So avoid Milpitas until if/when they get stock in.  I'll wait for the first or second drop and then pick it up at BB w/GCU.

A bit traumatizing experience today. In the end, the Milpitas CA store gal confirmed that their store won't get any stock of either X1 or PS4 until 4/27. So as you could guess, she had issues trying to figure out if they could take my BF:HL game or not. We ended up looking up the UPC, manually putting it in (surprised it was allowed) and she processed it after looking for AM to confirm that no copies were available. took about 45 mins total. Guess that now saves me a trip to return the game.

So avoid Milpitas until if/when they get stock in. I'll wait for the first or second drop and then pick it up at BB w/GCU.
Thanks for posting that, I was thinking about going to the Milpitas one, my NBA 2k15s from the $11 Amazon deal are arriving tomorrow.

Damn, I haven't traded in since the NBA 2k15 deal and it looks like my Walmart doesn't do trade ins anymore. No way to get the bonus online this time?

It depends on the card I go for Amex since I don't trust Visa as much after that one time. It will range to $3.94 $25 Visa Card to $4.94 Amex $25-$500 card due to a promotion.

Mine didn't stop me and I've done it at self checkout before as well but Amex only for both. Visa I am not sure at all.
What's bad about the visa one? I'll probably get the visa since I have a visa debit and credit card. It doesn't really matter which one you get right?

Damn, I haven't traded in since the NBA 2k15 deal and it looks like my Walmart doesn't do trade ins anymore. No way to get the bonus online this time?
does it show up in the store finder on this page? https://walmart.cexchange.com/online/Gaming/index.rails

my local decided on their own that they were going to stop doing them too. I sent an email to corporate, and about a day later got a call from the manager. They have been taking trades again ever since.

bread's done
Back