Silent Hill Downpour now with $10 promotional credit at Amazon

So that's the cover art..?
and no DLC or in game item for pre-order the game? Just a $10 credit.
I'm sorry, but I will definitely pass on this game. It might drop to $30 within a three months span.

P.S.
Where the HELL is the HD collection?

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']P.S.
Where the HELL is the HD collection?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing they're re-adding the original VA for James now that the actor has waived rights to royalty fees. I've held onto my pre-order so far, but if they don't announce any changes by the time a final release date is set, then I'm canceling.

[quote name='The_cheapest_Daddy']
P.S.
Where the HELL is the HD collection?[/QUOTE]

It got delayed to 2012 so they could make an Xbox 360 version.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Anyone know when it dropped to $50? I've had it preordered for awhile and was curious if I was covered.[/QUOTE]

I made my order on July 29th, the first day of the price drop.

[quote name='takotchi']Only the PS3 version was dropped to $50. The Xbox 360 version was always $60 AFAIK.[/QUOTE]

That´s incorrect. I have both versions preordered since July 2011 for $49.99 each.

[quote name='FerDK']That´s incorrect. I have both versions preordered since July 2011 for $49.99 each.[/QUOTE]

True. I have them both preordered for $49.99 as well. The credit is a nice bonus. Hopefully the game turns out half decent.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FerDK']That´s incorrect. I have both versions preordered since July 2011 for $49.99 each.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I had it in my cart the whole time and I never saw it drop. It must have been for a very short time. :roll:

Oh well, now I know I need to wait for it to drop to at least $40. That shouldn't take long...

I was just thinking this morning that we should be right at the time when NewEgg has this for $47.99. (It seems to me that NewEgg does a one-day pre-order price drop five-to-seven weeks before release.)

Wonder if the time has arrived when the best pre-order incentives are at their best price. Shame I missed out on the Amazon $10 price drop, though.

[quote name='JKSonic']Wow, two deals now for this game and they never did one for Dead Island?[/QUOTE]

Yeah because Dead Island is sold out at pretty much any retailer online or in store. Copies are going for $80 by 3rd party retailers.

[quote name='TheRobReport']Yeah because Dead Island is sold out at pretty much any retailer online or in store. Copies are going for $80 by 3rd party retailers.[/QUOTE]

They didn't know that prior to release though, most people (including myself) thought the game would blow!

Eh doesn't matter bought that at K Mart and got a $20 coupon which I can then use for Gears 8o)

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Just finished Silent Hill: Homecoming and it wasn't too shabby. Then again, I paid $10 for it.[/QUOTE]

When I first played it I was rippin it apart, basically hated it, hated 4 but finished it ... love all the previous ones. I stopped playing Homecoming for a few months, went back and tried to keep more of an open mind and wound up 1000g'n it. I think I must have played through at least 4 times. Most of the bosses were pretty incredible ... in a sick, twisted kind of way. :lol:

Well, the PS3 stayed at $49.99 longer. I was able to catch it before that stopped.

I just got this email from Amazon ...

Hello,

We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on June 01 2011 (Order# XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

$$"Silent Hill: Downpour"
$$$Release date: March 31 2012
$$$Estimated arrival date: April 06 2012 - April 11 2012

If you would like to learn more about pre-ordering video games from Amazon.com, including when you can expect to receive your new video game, please visit our help page

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

... well that sucks.

[quote name='hollowfreak']When I first played it I was rippin it apart, basically hated it, hated 4 but finished it ... love all the previous ones. I stopped playing Homecoming for a few months, went back and tried to keep more of an open mind and wound up 1000g'n it. I think I must have played through at least 4 times. Most of the bosses were pretty incredible ... in a sick, twisted kind of way. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I was kind of raging at first since I only wanted to do 1 play through and started up on Hard. Once I got the dodging down packed, I was able to enjoy myself more since I wasn't getting owned as hard. Playing the game in complete darkness and with surround definitely made me jump a few times, and I was surprised. It wasn't a AAA title, but it was a nice experience :p

[quote name='hollowfreak']
$$$Release date: March 31 2012
$$$Estimated arrival date: April 06 2012 - April 11 2012

... well that sucks.[/QUOTE]

Its good thing, maybe they could fix the mechanics of the game. Such as the character holding a weapon or the lighting effect when the character is wandering around the woods. And maybe a pre-order bonuses :).

[quote name='JEKKI']Too many games in October!!

delay is a good thing![/QUOTE]

I've got Rage preordered for Oct. and House of the Dead: Overkill that's about it. :lol:

bread's done
Back