Simpsons season 7 coming out Dec. 13

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']I'm definitely getting the regular case when I purchase this.

I thought with the homer head, the idea was neat, but poorly designed from a UI perspective. I'd have been much obliged if they'd have stores give out the alternate case with your puchase, while supplies last or whatever.

I'd rather have a futurama or family guy style package... but i know that's not gonna happen...[/QUOTE]

Since I just yesterday got my S6 alternate case after over 2 months of waiting, I'm happy to hear they're releasing 2 different cases. I'm opting for the regular case as well.

[quote name='basketkase543']Why are you mad? I'm incredibly happy since it looks like the rest of my collection will look normal and at least you get the option of what style you want.[/QUOTE]

Because I'm a completist. ;x

I'll probably opt for the Marge head. The normal Boxes don't follow the style of the old boxes, so I think I'll stick with the nifty heads, even though the S6 box I got from the mail-in thing was neat.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I'm mad that theres gonna be 2 packagings. I dunno which to get, but I'm leaning toward the marge head.[/QUOTE]

look earlier in the thread for the alternate packaging for the homer head that you could mail off for and read the description of how it looked/worked (sliding the homer head into the box). i'm almost positive this "boxed" version of the marge head is actually the marge head INSIDE of the box. much like the box you got for the homer head, you can see the eye of the "head" packaging on the boxed version, in this one at the very bottom through the camera. so yeah, i really don't think they're making two different packages, just the marge head and then marge head+box. definitely could be wrong on that, but being able to see her eye through the package at the bottom makes me think that could be the case. if anyone could actually find out, that'd be awesome.

[quote name='Shmitty']look earlier in the thread for the alternate packaging for the homer head that you could mail off for and read the description of how it looked/worked (sliding the homer head into the box). i'm almost positive this "boxed" version of the marge head is actually the marge head INSIDE of the box. much like the box you got for the homer head, you can see the eye of the "head" packaging on the boxed version, in this one at the very bottom through the camera. so yeah, i really don't think they're making two different packages, just the marge head and then marge head+box. definitely could be wrong on that, but being able to see her eye through the package at the bottom makes me think that could be the case. if anyone could actually find out, that'd be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no. The Homer head didn't slide into the alt. box for S6. The little pack of discs that was INSIDE the Homer head (which just so happened to have Homer on it) slide into the box.

Meaning I have a square box, which contains a little pack with the 4 discs in it, and an empty Homer head.

There are two boxes this time.

cant wait for this set. im gonna pick up the head set because i was too lazy to replace the season 6 one and dont want all regular boxes with just one head set.

after looking at episode guides, i think the last quality season, imho, is season 9, after that its pretty hit or miss for the rest of em

I hate the stupid head design... and even though we got the box sleeve, that didn't make up for it all too well since the top of the box was uncovered.

But now they're going to make both? So I can continue on with the box design minus the one retarded one (season 6 head design with the box sleeve). They should've never changed it in the first place.

Oh well... enough bitching, I'm buying this so. I'm glad they're sped it up a bit for this one because wait a year per season sucks...:)

[quote name='Stoneage']http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/episodeguide/season7.shtml

Somehow these episodes seem like they were from previous seasons to me. Almost every one is top notch!

Edit: Scratch the almost!!! :D[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I always felt the Sideshow Bob episode from that season was the weakest of all the Bob episodes, but other than that, yeah, they're all classics.

Their is only two things I don't like about the head boxes. One is how the discs are kept inside of it. So when I want to get a disc out, I either drop the whole thing or scratch a disc. Also the head boxes would be okay if they used good plastic not some cheap bendable see through junk.

bread's done
Back