Simpsons seasons $12.99 and Family Guy Vols. $12.99 At target

ig88vsbobafett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I dont know if it was posted yet but Simpsons seasons (up to 10) are $12.99 each and Family Guy Volumes are $12.99

i saw all the Family Guys and simpsons season 8 and 10 but i assume its all of them but 11th season

Added Thanks crazylikeafox11

Family Guy Vol. 1-6 - 12.99 each
The Simpsons Season 10 - 12.99
Arrested Development Season 1-3 - 12.99 each
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 1 & 2 - 12.99 each
How I met your mother Season 1-3 - 12.99 each
John & Kate + 8 Season 1-2 - 12.99 each

Last edited by a moderator:
That seems like an unbelievable deal - I thought I got lucky when they were down to 15.99 & 19.99 at Costco. If I didn't already have them, I'd get them now - thanks for the post!

This is being talked about at the Target Blu BOGO thread, a ton of boxsets are 13 dollars each like Arrested Development, Seinfeld, etc.. A bunch more too, just check out a store and pick up what you like.

[quote name='norkusa']Always Sunny In Philadelphia Seasons 1+2 will be mine tomorrow for $12.99![/quote]

Season 3 is on sale as well, for 18.99. So be sure to look out for that.

I sold Family Guy Vol 2 for $19 on Amazon recently, so this seems like I lucekd out with my timing. Always Sunny is far consistently funnier than Family Guy, so if you've never seen it, pick it up.

I was very tempted to get all seasons of Family Guy but nah. I dont think I would watch every episode more than once...

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']I'm hoping I can pick up Arrested Development Seasons 1-3 for $12.99 each. Excellent deal!![/QUOTE]

Could watch 'em on hulu.

Thanks for the info, op.

From the BOGO br thread

SO it's all season of the simpsons huh? Damn this is to tempting. I was already planning on grabbing the 4 seasons of Family Guy i'm missing....

[quote name='$hady']From the BOGO br thread

SO it's all season of the simpsons huh? Damn this is to tempting. I was already planning on grabbing the 4 seasons of Family Guy i'm missing....[/QUOTE]

I also saw a season of something called "The IT Crowd" for $12.99 yesterday. I had never heard of it before, but it looked funny.

I'm hoping Amazon matches this now...

If Amazon will match the Family Guy seasons, I'll pick those up to complete my collection. I need to quit buying the Simpsons when they come out near release for $19.99 each...

[quote name='ig88vsbobafett']I dont know if it was posted yet but Simpsons seasons (up to 10) are $12.99 each and Family Guy Volumes are $12.99

i saw all the Family Guys and simpsons season 8 and 10 but i assume its all of them but 11th season
iy.gif
[/quote]
Good find dude, I might have to stop by target and see what they got, I heard amazon is matching prices from target.

[quote name='Josef']Well, this was in the weekly ad. No one posted the weekly ad deals yet?

I miss Speedy...[/quote]

I posted them in the Target thread for the OP to add to the first post, but the guy never did. I figured why make a new thread when one already exists.

But as was mentioned, there's a bunch more deals at Target than what's in the ad. It's well worth the trip.

I'm failing to see where in the Target ad it says that seasons 1-10 of The Simpsons are $12.99. I only see Season 10 for that price.

[quote name='ticalmc2k2']I'm failing to see where in the Target ad it says that seasons 1-10 of The Simpsons are $12.99. I only see Season 10 for that price.[/quote]

There's a lot more on sale than the ad shows. Seasons 8 and 10 are this price but if your store has the other ones (not 11 and up) they're probably also on sale for 13. The problem is that I don't think many Targets actually have the earlier Simpsons seasons in stock.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I didn't know it was out on DVD - that is a great show. But is it on sale or just a new title you were interested in? Don't see it mentioned anywhere and was confused as to why you mentioned it.[/QUOTE]

Because I mentioned it a few posts up...it's on sale.

[quote name='argyle']Because I mentioned it a few posts up...it's on sale.[/quote]
Completely missed that, thanks for the heads up. That's a great price - I'll have to see if my Target has it.

Pricematch with BB Season 5 used $5 RZ gift card knock down $8 plus taxes. Return mine copy Guitar Hero: AE (360) i bought last week for $10 at Target and pick up season 6. Re-buy Guitar Hero: AE (360) at Gamestop with store credit and get free wired guitar :)

A quick question for someone thinking of taking advantage of this deal: Which Simpsons seasons are worth owning, assuming I can find them at this price?

I currently have Season 3 ($5 brand new at Deseret Industres) and remember liking the show up to Season 8, but beyond that my love of The Simpsons began to wane and I stopped tuning in religiously.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']A quick question for someone thinking of taking advantage of this deal: Which Simpsons seasons are worth owning, assuming I can find them at this price?

I currently have Season 3 ($5 brand new at Deseret Industres) and remember liking the show up to Season 8, but beyond that my love of The Simpsons began to wane and I stopped tuning in religiously.[/quote]

I bought, and will only buy, up to season 10. Season 8 was what I would say "the pinnacle", with the rest dwindling down. I wasn't even sure on season 9 and 10, but when I bought the DVD set at a cheap price I was surprised at how funny of some of those were. I'd consider myself a diehard fan (still can quote most episodes by heart), to about season 11, and I don't feel bad about owning any of these DVD sets.

Anything after season 11 of the Simpsons just isn't worth owning. I was and still am a gigantic fan of the show, and even the later years and recently they still have some great episodes but none really that'll be seen as historic or be looked at the same way.

[quote name='Keavy_Rain']A quick question for someone thinking of taking advantage of this deal: Which Simpsons seasons are worth owning, assuming I can find them at this price?

I currently have Season 3 ($5 brand new at Deseret Industres) and remember liking the show up to Season 8, but beyond that my love of The Simpsons began to wane and I stopped tuning in religiously.[/quote]

If you want just the most solid episodes, you probably want 3-8, though 9 and 10 have some good ones too. I'm enough of a hopeless case when it comes to that show that I've already pretty much committed myself to buying each and every set that comes out when it drops to $20 or less, so maybe I'm not the most objective source here.

I'd definitely jump on the Simpsons if I didn't own them already -- instead I picked up Family Guy vol 5 & 6 and How I Met Your Mother S1. Thanks OP.

i got simpsons seasons 1-4 during the circuit city thing for 17.50 each. im gona check out target to see if there are any i dont own. at 13, thats a great deal. season 4 is the best that i have..so many classic episodes within that season.

everyones opinion seemed to be spot on about when the seasons start to suck. I wouldnt get anything beyond 11 or 12. everything below that is pretty much gold. maybe except seasons 1 and 2 only because they have the OLD school feel. but i enjoy em because they are the simpsons.

im sorta new to CAG and the acronyms utilized here are quite something...YMMV? your mutants may violate? i dunno...OP is original poster, right? good looking out OP.

a few good simpsons quotes..
~hey supernintendo chalmers!
~me fail english? thats unpossible!
~why dont we ask grampa, hes the toughest simpson we know! Yea, remember the fight he put up when we put him in the home?

peaz!

YMMV stands for "your mileage may vary", which indicates that it depends on where you are located for availability and is not guaranteed to be there.

I agree with most of the others, seasons 3-8 are the best Simpsons seasons, everything else is spotty.

I was hoping all these seasons would be in the ad so I can pm at work (BB).

[quote name='Mako1215']Yea I'd say 3-8 are the best,but im a diehard Simpsons fan so ill buy them all like i did futurama.[/quote]
Well, that's easy enough since Futurama was only 4 seasons. It's getting harder and harder to shell out money for the dvd sets when the quality of the show AND the set itself keeps dropping with each season.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Well, that's easy enough since Futurama was only 4 seasons. It's getting harder and harder to shell out money for the dvd sets when the quality of the show AND the set itself keeps dropping with each season.[/quote]

Yea but I buy them when there around 12-15$, and I was just giving Futurama out as a refence since it was the last one I bought.

[quote name='Mako1215']Yea but I buy them when there around 12-15$, and I was just giving Futurama out as a refence since it was the last one I bought.[/quote]
I wish that I had waited for all the sets to hit $12-$15. I don't know if I was just too new to buying cheap or if the Simpsons sets were just in higher demand, but I was buying around the $30 mark up until season 7 or so. Since then it seems like each month the sets get cheaper. Doh!

I really thought the older sets were worth $30, but season 10 and 11 I am glad I paid something around $15 for each. They are horrible.

And I own all of Futurama as well; an easy four season set to pick up that was consistently funny.

bread's done
Back