SingStar/Vol2 bundles - $20 Walmart

Wolfkin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Been meaning to post this for about a week but I've noticed the SingStar bundle with mics for $20. This was recently followed by a I guess general price drop for the other SingStar games. SingStar Vol2 and Queen are both $20. Then i noticed it included the Vol2 bundle as well.

I actually bought both again. SS1 and SS2 with mics.

I'll probably return Vol1 since I already have it (and 3 set of mics already) and I can't seem to sell it.

I actually bought two copies of Vol2 with and w/o mics. I guess I'll return the solo version though I really have zero use for another set of mics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do these mics work with the PS2 version? I have SingStar Pop for PS2 and, uh, I like singing My Chemical Romance.

I might as well do this in advance:

facepalm.jpg

[quote name='thegamecubist']Do these mics work with the PS2 version? I have SingStar Pop for PS2 and, uh, I like singing My Chemical Romance.
[/QUOTE]
Aren't they the same mics? Connects to a USB thingy-ma-bobber-ikki-ikki-zoom-boing-twang which connects to the Playstayshuns.

These were $3 at SEARS last month. Might want to check and see if they still have any. The packaging was different- it was the boxed up version, but it was v2 with 2 mics.

yeah for Vol2 it's the boxed version. for Vol 1 it's as pictured.

far as I know it's the same mics. I /think/ when I got Vol 1 it was a bundle and all of my mics are exactly the same. I can verify that the PS2 mics work on PS3. I'm pretty sure it's the same vice versa. i just don't remember.

Also I did see Abba for $20 at Futureshop (but not Vol2 or Queen oddly enough). I'd already bought Queen and Vol2 I think I'll hold off on Abba till next month.[quote name='nbballard']These were $3 at SEARS last month. Might want to check and see if they still have any. The packaging was different- it was the boxed up version, but it was v2 with 2 mics.[/QUOTE]where in Canada did you see that?

Last edited by a moderator:
PS2 and PS3 Singstar mics are interchangeable since they're the exact same mics (they even work for Rockband PS3).

And the Vol1/2 bundles are pretty much universal price of 20 bucks everywhere, including Blockbuster. And if your closest theSource still has them, Vol.2 bundle would be 15 bucks, if not lower.

And if you want more Singstar, hit up your ToysRUs for cheap (10-20$) additional discs like Queen, ABBA, etc (ymmv on price and stock obviously).

well blow me down. looks like I need to check out TRU and see if may be I end up returning both SSVol2's I have.

That Abba and Queen you mentioned are those the PS3 versions or PS2 versions? not that I won't find out tomorrow when I head over anyway.

[quote name='Wolfkin']well blow me down. looks like I need to check out TRU and see if may be I end up returning both SSVol2's I have.

That Abba and Queen you mentioned are those the PS3 versions or PS2 versions? not that I won't find out tomorrow when I head over anyway.[/QUOTE]

SingStar Queen is 10 bucks at toysrus, I think ABBA is $15, but I've seen it for 10 bucks new at BBV. Both PS3 versions, btw!

good grief. I'm gonna have to try to buy it at TRU and return to WalMart then. oh well worst case scenario it's totally worth $20 anyway.

bread's done
Back