Skate 2 - (1.1.09) Xbox Live Demo out by Jan 8th || Contest for downloading the demo

sleepy180

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
http://www.ea.com/skate/theater.jsp?media=videos&mediaID=wh_skater
skate2bx5.jpg

Skate 2
Coming January 20, 2009
Xbox 360, PS3

January 1, 2009 - Xbox Live Demo Coming soon! With contest

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/s/skate2/downloadandwin/default.htm

You can score some great prizes in the Skate 2 Download & Win Sweepstakes, with six custom Skate 2 decks up for grabs as the Grand Prize. All you have to do is register your gamertag and download the FREE Skate 2 demo from Marketplace to enter.

Sweepstakes Entry
After you register, earn a sweepstakes entry by downloading the free Skate 2 demo from Marketplace between 3:01 A.M. ET on January 8 and 11:55 P.M. ET on January 15, 2009 (limit one entry per person). You can queue up the free demo here at Marketplace on Xbox.com and it will automatically download to your console the next time you connect to Xbox LIVE.

ilmskates.jpg

Prize Information
After the close of the Entry Period, we will randomly select the following winners from among all eleigible entries.

Three Grand Prize Packages:
Six custom Skate 2 decks
4000 Microsoft Points

Seven First Prize Packages:
Skateboarding gear prize pack consisting of Sponsor's choice of three of the following items: T-shirt, hat, hooded sweatshirt, knapsack, or Skate 2 deck.
2000 Microsoft Points

Forty Second Prizes:
1000 Microsoft Points

The Play & Win and Download & Win promotions from Xbox.com are an easy way to jump in and interact with the Xbox LIVE community. It's easy to enter and you could win some great prizes. Look for more exciting Play & Win promotions in the future!

October 6, 2008 - Hall of Meat Details

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=250988

The team's solution is to turn falling down into one facet of the challenge: fling your skater off the top of a bridge, or a building, or down the side of a mountain, and see how much damage you can do to them. Once they're falling, you can explosively launch them off their boards, and make them strike any of a number of inappropriate poses, from a cannonball curl to a flailing spread eagle, in order to maximise the bone-shattering and face-grinding that ensues. Welcome to the Hall of Meat mode: it's gravity, only fun.

and the game presents you with a heavy chunk of stats post-splat, including bones broken and medical costs accrued alongside the distance fallen and speed of impact.

October 4, 2008 - IGN Skate 2 Preview

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/915/915914p1.html

what you can do off your board is just as important as what you can do on it. As I've talked about previously, objects can be pushed and pulled around the world to create new lines or even entire new spots. The cool thing is that while you're able to use them for your own purposes, you can save and upload your spots online for other people to mess around in. Last time out there were pre-defined Own the Spot challenges. This time, it's your spot that you're challenging others to try and claim.

Undoubtedly the biggest community aspect of the original game was the Reel editor. That, too, is being added to. You'll no longer only have access to the five built-in cameras -- you'll now have two options of your own. The first is your own "follow" camera, where you can freely move the camera around in space and then it'll follow your skater on his or her way. The second is a tripod camera which allows you to set it up anywhere you want (within reason) and it'll stay put as it tracks your skater. Both are tied to your recording markers, so you can change their placement as many times as you want in a single replay, just as you could with the other cameras last time out.

One cool new element to the game that you'll be able to highlight with the improved Reel editor is damage to you and your threads. Clothes can get dirty and even become torn, and you can get cuts and bruises on your body (for custom skaters at least -- the pros will remain fresh and clean).

Speaking of cuts and bruises, another new addition to Skate 2 is the Thrasher Hall of Meat. If you crash big enough, you'll see your bail "score" pop up on the screen and increase as your skater takes damage. After you've stopped smacking into the pavement, the Hall of Meat screen will appear and tell you how "well" you've done. It'll show an x-ray view of your skater, with broken bones highlighted in red, and a breakdown of what you've done to the side. You can then take a look at your own leaderboard to see your best crashes, and I'll be surprised if this data isn't shared online. The Party mode will even include a game based around the Hall, where you simply take turns crashing in some pretty gnarly spots and fight to see who can wound their skater the best. Or should that be the worst? Whichever it is, it's awesome.

Money is going to play a big part in the game this time around. Whereas it was really only useful for buying new threads and boards last time around, it'll go a much longer way in the sequel. For instance, you'll be able to pay people to perform services for you, like emptying a pool or removing bolts from objects. Even better though, you're able to buy up certain pieces of property and turn them into a full-fledged skate park.

You'll of course earn cash through the normal course of your career path (whatever that may be), but you can also gamble your current funds to make some quick cash by betting on events. I'm also told that your online goings-on will impact your single-player funds in some fashion, though I can't confirm if earned cash will go into one bank account, if you'll just be able to gamble it or how that'll work just yet.

October 4, 2008 - Skate 2 Trailer 2, New Gameplay Movies

August 4, 2008 - New Skate 2 Movies / Interviews

August 1, 2008 - Official Skate 2 Trailer Leaked

July 25, 2008 - New info from EGM September

- Can get off your skateboard and push/pull objects to alter skate routes.
- Pedestrians move out of your way.
- No load times when teleporting to a session marker
- Play as a girl
- Tiger Woods-like character editor
- Default camera tweaked. New 3rd person camera
- Using EA's site for uploading videos again
- 60 fps
- Takes place 5 years later. City hit with unknown disaster and was rebuilt.

Movies

Last edited by a moderator:
just like the first, I'm all over this. I still play the first game nowadays. it's a good way to relax.

superbly glad about the fact you can get off the board and that minimal loading is had when quick teleporting... very useful since I had a few lines that I've done where the loading killed all the fun in attempting them.

Oh god yes, those damn peds will get out of the way now!!!!!! I hope they also find some way to be able to turn off the other skaters in the areas too, it was always so aggravating getting slammed by those douches!

Nice. Looks like EA is addressing most of the complaints people had about the first.

One thing I'm still hoping for is a totally open online free skate mode. Not just specific sections at one time like in the first, but being able to skate throughout the entire city with other people online would be cool.

Awesome, wicked awesome. Can't wait for this, I loved the first one and still play it.
Glad to see the removal of load times, more customizations for the characters (everyone online looks the same), and moving objects sound pretty cool (although we all know it will be limited).

ya i loved the first one i only need one more achivement the 20 reviews please review if you got live (GpNinja) lol also i hope the i can still play with the orginal camera or can you switch camera modes or something?

[quote name='heavyd853']Oh god yes, those damn peds will get out of the way now!!!!!! I hope they also find some way to be able to turn off the other skaters in the areas too, it was always so aggravating getting slammed by those douches![/quote]

I know
I Almost Landed My Second 1260 And Frickin Pat Douche Bag (Duffy) Got in my Way :bomb:

[quote name='sleepy180']ah damnit they took it down or link is dead or something[/quote]

damn... they did. well, when it shows up sometime expect good shit. the trailer basically showed:

- Female Skaters
- Hippie Jumps in action (looks legit/awesome)
- During grinds you can now do board grabs (ie, do a 5-O Grind while holding the front)
- No Comply Pushes in action (some insane stuff in the video like a guy ollieng onto a edge/curb but instead of landing he no complys off of it :drool: )
- handplants

other stuff I dont remember, but the entire thing was in 60fps... noticeably alot better looking due to that fact alone.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well, I had a funny feeling someone would've downloaded it and uploaded it elsewhere... here you go, enjoy :)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/247773.html[/quote]

Looks great, thanks for posting the video! Can't wait for this even though it'll be awhile. Might have to pop Skate back in this weekend as I've been itching to play it lately with all the new Skate 2 info.

Nice trailer, i hope they support SKATE 2 better then they did Skate, I would love to see addition parts of the city, new boards, clothing, etc as DLC.

Becaasue of the X-Games I poped the first one in the other day to do the insane X-Games ramp. Then this trailer comes along, so yeah I've gotten back into the game.

Can't wait for this.

yeah... I wanna start playing it again. such a good representation of the sport IMHO... first game ever that ever made me get the same rush as doing the real thing.

I actually got into skateboarding because of this game. I've always been interested in it but finally got off my ass when I started playing skate. I've learned a lot about skating just from the game, even if it is just names of the tricks or pro skaters.

Nice, I just hope they fix the ragdoll in this one, because falling seemed really weak for the most part.

Other than that lets gooooooooooooo!

well one of the new things stated as that you have more control over your falling animations now where you have the ability to have your arms in different gestures or positions.

That alone will help with bone breaking stuff... took me forever to unlock the skeleton in the original game.

Omg, thats awesome! Not only did they address the annoying as hell curb falling, but they made it fucking awesome at the same time with the "hey you just walk it off man!" thing!

October 4, 2008 - IGN Skate 2 Preview

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/915/915914p1.html

what you can do off your board is just as important as what you can do on it. As I've talked about previously, objects can be pushed and pulled around the world to create new lines or even entire new spots. The cool thing is that while you're able to use them for your own purposes, you can save and upload your spots online for other people to mess around in. Last time out there were pre-defined Own the Spot challenges. This time, it's your spot that you're challenging others to try and claim.

Undoubtedly the biggest community aspect of the original game was the Reel editor. That, too, is being added to. You'll no longer only have access to the five built-in cameras -- you'll now have two options of your own. The first is your own "follow" camera, where you can freely move the camera around in space and then it'll follow your skater on his or her way. The second is a tripod camera which allows you to set it up anywhere you want (within reason) and it'll stay put as it tracks your skater. Both are tied to your recording markers, so you can change their placement as many times as you want in a single replay, just as you could with the other cameras last time out.

One cool new element to the game that you'll be able to highlight with the improved Reel editor is damage to you and your threads. Clothes can get dirty and even become torn, and you can get cuts and bruises on your body (for custom skaters at least -- the pros will remain fresh and clean).

Speaking of cuts and bruises, another new addition to Skate 2 is the Thrasher Hall of Meat. If you crash big enough, you'll see your bail "score" pop up on the screen and increase as your skater takes damage. After you've stopped smacking into the pavement, the Hall of Meat screen will appear and tell you how "well" you've done. It'll show an x-ray view of your skater, with broken bones highlighted in red, and a breakdown of what you've done to the side. You can then take a look at your own leaderboard to see your best crashes, and I'll be surprised if this data isn't shared online. The Party mode will even include a game based around the Hall, where you simply take turns crashing in some pretty gnarly spots and fight to see who can wound their skater the best. Or should that be the worst? Whichever it is, it's awesome.

Money is going to play a big part in the game this time around. Whereas it was really only useful for buying new threads and boards last time around, it'll go a much longer way in the sequel. For instance, you'll be able to pay people to perform services for you, like emptying a pool or removing bolts from objects. Even better though, you're able to buy up certain pieces of property and turn them into a full-fledged skate park.

You'll of course earn cash through the normal course of your career path (whatever that may be), but you can also gamble your current funds to make some quick cash by betting on events. I'm also told that your online goings-on will impact your single-player funds in some fashion, though I can't confirm if earned cash will go into one bank account, if you'll just be able to gamble it or how that'll work just yet.

Gambling? Battle Damage? New Camera Angles? Online "who can hurt themselves the most" mode? fuck YEAH!! CANT WAIT!

October 6, 2008 - Hall of Meat Details

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=250988

The team's solution is to turn falling down into one facet of the challenge: fling your skater off the top of a bridge, or a building, or down the side of a mountain, and see how much damage you can do to them. Once they're falling, you can explosively launch them off their boards, and make them strike any of a number of inappropriate poses, from a cannonball curl to a flailing spread eagle, in order to maximise the bone-shattering and face-grinding that ensues. Welcome to the Hall of Meat mode: it's gravity, only fun.

and the game presents you with a heavy chunk of stats post-splat, including bones broken and medical costs accrued alongside the distance fallen and speed of impact.

I really hope people don't bring up the love it or hate it story for skate 2 that the first skate had. skate 2 makes for all the complaints that the hate people had (camera mainly) so I have a hard time seeing people truly not enjoying this entry.

I love the new video editor as well... reminds me of the ones used in the original Driver games, which is a good thing.

I hope I'll like this better than the first game, it looks great. I am currently working on the first game, and am not never far into it and find it very fusturating. I want to like the game but haven't played it in 2 weeks since I couldn't advance anymore. Maybe I am too used to Tony Hawk games which seem a lot easier to me.

[quote name='SuxoR']but is it better than Tony Hawk? :p[/QUOTE]

Is it better than the current-gen shitstains that pass for Tony Hawk? Absolutely; without a doubt. It's pretty much like when THPS 2 and 3 hit back in the day.

RR this has ur name written all over it...also i wouldnt mind a few custom graphics for my clothes :cool:
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Black Box, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS) announced today that Skate 2, the sequel to the genre-defining original game will hit retailers in North America on January 21st, 2009 and worldwide on January 23rd, 2009 – making it one of the first must-have games of 2009. Players that can’t wait until January can indulge their irrepressible Skate craving even sooner, with the Graphics Creator, a web-based customization tool launching next month on www.skate.ea.com. For those in North America anxious to shred the streets in blaring style can pre-order now for an exclusive code to unlock the Throwback Pack, a special upgrade pack that includes retro clothing, accessories and gestures.

The Graphics Creator is a web-based application that ups the ante in self-expression. With this tool, gamers have the freedom to create custom graphics for their in-game hats, decks and shirts, infusing their skateboarding experience with an unrivaled level of individuality. The Throwback Pack features a variety of retro stylings including, tie-dye t-shirts, Skate or Die apparel, Robot and ‘Window Shade’ sunglasses, gestures circa the hippie-age and much more!
http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/i...gId=1012492&newsId=20081125005230&newsLang=en

bread's done
Back