SKATE. - Go Skate Now >_< - Vote for CAG Videos to Help for Achevements

[quote name='seethrubob']Took me a while to figure this challenge out... so votes are appreciated :)

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/31477/posts/388792.aspx
Thanks[/quote]Can you recall if there's another challenge involving a hubba? I'm stuck on one myself, but that doesn't look familiar. The one I'm talking about (if I haven't mixed it up along with another challenge) is on the bottom right-most part on the map. I think it involves 3 things:

1) Ride the hubba (what the hell is a hubba anyway, I can't figure that out...do I just skate on it?)

2) Fliptrick over the stairs gap

3) Grind the bottom set of stairs

I'm probably just mixing up challenges, but if there's not another hubba-related challenge, then this is the one I haven't yet to figure out as well. Did you have to grind (didn't notice you grinding it on the way down)? So it was basically ride then flip-trick over it?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Can you recall if there's another challenge involving a hubba? I'm stuck on one myself, but that doesn't look familiar. The one I'm talking about (if I haven't mixed it up along with another challenge) is on the bottom right-most part on the map. I think it involves 3 things:

1) Ride the hubba (what the hell is a hubba anyway, I can't figure that out...do I just skate on it?)

2) Fliptrick over the stairs gap

3) Grind the bottom set of stairs

I'm probably just mixing up challenges, but if there's not another hubba-related challenge, then this is the one I haven't yet to figure out as well. Did you have to grind (didn't notice you grinding it on the way down)? So it was basically ride then flip-trick over it?[/quote]

I think a hubba is basically a raised platform. Not sure which challenge you're talking about exactly but the key for me is to keep trying until I think I'm about to lose it, then usually I accidentally complete the challenge just before I destroy the controller. That probably doesn't help.

IGN have a free Skate guide available that seems slightly less useless than their usual guides, maybe you can check that for advice.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']I agree. I really hope they release new iterations of this game on a regular basis to compete with the yearly releases of crappy Tony Hawk games. Tony Hawk needs to be buried (well, the game, not the person :))[/QUOTE]
This makes me wonder if Tony Hawk has played Skate. I'm sure he'd appreciate the realism. It would be pretty funny if in a year or two EA pulled some licensing shit and it became Tony Hawk's Skate. :lol:

I cannot, for the fucking life of me, do the Rob and Big challenge. THAT SHIT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! Also, I can't seem to connect to any online games anymore. It just sits in the loading screen and times out. Any ideas?

[quote name='CouRageouS']This makes me wonder if Tony Hawk has played Skate. I'm sure he'd appreciate the realism. It would be pretty funny if in a year or two EA pulled some licensing shit and it became Tony Hawk's Skate. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Tony Hawk said something along the lines of "Skate wouldn't be around if it wasn't for Tony Hawk games." I don't really buy that.

On a side note I just got my new skateboard today, a real skateboard. I expect to hurt something by the end of the day ;)

[quote name='Sporadic']This would have been the coolest thing ever if the damn truck didn't get into my way.

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/16312/posts/413638.aspx

Please vote :)[/QUOTE]

Almost there guys.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I cannot, for the fucking life of me, do the Rob and Big challenge. THAT SHIT IS IMPOSSIBLE!!! Also, I can't seem to connect to any online games anymore. It just sits in the loading screen and times out. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Here's a slow-mo video of somebody doing it.

I can't grind this bench with Big Black in the way ugggg

This challenge will take you a while. What I did was get on the bench first then make a session marker. You'll be able to start from up there and just keep trying without worrying about hitting him. It's a little harder to land in a FS crooked from on top of the bench though.

http://www.goonskate.com/video.php?id=73

I just made it to the rob and big challenge and the problem I am having is I'm doing a BS rather than FS, How do I change that, to I need to be riding switch or something?

[quote name='mr ryles']I just made it to the rob and big challenge and the problem I am having is I'm doing a BS rather than FS, How do I change that, to I need to be riding switch or something?[/quote] BS is boardslide, FS is frontslide. The opposite of frontslide is tailslide. Don't tell me you don't know how to do a boardslide.

Here's a video for you guys to rate: http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/24413/posts/457570.aspx
:)

Anyone else having problems logging onto the EA Skate site? I do "Log In" on the top right, but it just keeps cycling back to the log in page. If I click on anything that requires log in info it does the same thing.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Anyone else having problems logging onto the EA Skate site? I do "Log In" on the top right, but it just keeps cycling back to the log in page. If I click on anything that requires log in info it does the same thing.[/quote]
Look at the top right of the log in page, it should show your email and that you're logged in, if so just continue what you're doing, if not I don't know. I remember having problems with it, EA is fucking stupid.

[quote name='lawlflip']BS is boardslide, FS is frontslide. The opposite of frontslide is tailslide. Don't tell me you don't know how to do a boardslide.
[/quote]

none of that makes any sense. BS = backside, FS = frontside. that is, when you're doing a trick such as a noseslide, when your chest is facing the direction you're sliding, that's a frontside noseslide. when you're doing a grind it's relative to the object you're grinding, so if your chest is facing the ledge it's a frontside grind, if your back is facing the ledge it's a backside grind.

[quote name='kromekoran']none of that makes any sense. BS = backside, FS = frontside. that is, when you're doing a trick such as a noseslide, when your chest is facing the direction you're sliding, that's a frontside noseslide. when you're doing a grind it's relative to the object you're grinding, so if your chest is facing the ledge it's a frontside grind, if your back is facing the ledge it's a backside grind.[/quote]
K SRY

just won 6 ranked matches in a row on this, which gives me 1000/1000 gamerscore for the game. only other game I have all achievements for is Oblivion (1250/1250).

thanks to all the CAGs who rated my vids.

Is it possible to unlock more hair styles? Doesn't seem to be much variety, and the 'spike' style looks like a fro. :lol:

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Is it possible to unlock more hair styles? Doesn't seem to be much variety, and the 'spike' style looks like a fro. :lol:[/QUOTE]

what you see is what you get.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but once I start beating the pros for sponsorship, where do I go to choose a sponsor? I didn't choose them immediately after finishing the challenge.

[quote name='Cyb3-rr']Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but once I start beating the pros for sponsorship, where do I go to choose a sponsor? I didn't choose them immediately after finishing the challenge.[/QUOTE]

If I can remember it is at the store in the video lounge...?

this game seems cool, i played the demo last night, kinda hard to get used to the controls, i guess i'm too used to the TH games, still seems worth checkin out.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I still can't log into the damn site to add my GT. Sucks.[/quote]

me neither and I play this game all the time and have some really sick footy

[quote name='kromekoran']I just voted on it. so if you didn't have the achievement yet you should now.

skate.Reel is cool, but man there's problems. not being able to login half the time is probably why people are still trying to get that achievement. the EA site is buggy as all hell. and seriously, we should be able to embed videos, are they not familiar with YouTube, or the countless other video sharing sites? I mean I realize this is new for them, but this stuff is commonplace for web video. and I really wish we had more than 3 slots to upload to.

anyhow, I threw up two more vids if anyone wants to watch them. I already have the achievement so no need to rate them:

wallride drop in downtown:
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/21699/posts/545134.aspx

picnic table gap in old town:
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/21699/posts/545086.aspx[/QUOTE]

huge thanks... after I cleanup my apartment for a bit I'll log on to see if I get it. Huge thanks again.

I am almost done with all the goals but playing skate against each and every pro can be a grind (no pun intended literally) since there are so many. slowly I'll get it.

an easy way to beat the pros at skate is to wait for them to mess up and then throw 540s (540 kickflip, 540 heelflip, etc.) at them, the AI doesn't recognize it and they'll do the wrong trick every time. hold the direction you're spinning on the right thumbstick too and you'll get the extra 180 to make it a 540.

[quote name='kromekoran']an easy way to beat the pros at skate is to wait for them to mess up and then throw 540s (540 kickflip, 540 heelflip, etc.) at them, the AI doesn't recognize it and they'll do the wrong trick every time. hold the direction you're spinning on the right thumbstick too and you'll get the extra 180 to make it a 540.[/QUOTE]

awesome info. thanks, will do it tonight.

Is there something i need to do? I went to my backpack and looked at my media which showed the video i linked had 20 ratings. But i didnt get the achievement.

bread's done
Back