Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='icpmattj']Has anyone seen single packs of voodood?

I have never seen it on amazon yet or any site for that matter other then ebay.
[/QUOTE]

Not in a while. I bought him as a single-pack but that was before Christmas.

[quote name='superoreo']What is PUR and how do I get these?[/QUOTE]

PUR stands for Power Up Rewards, Gamestop's reward's program. Those were available through their website, which has coupons, toys and other stuff redeemable for points you get from buying and trading stuff in at Gamestop.

[quote name='jkanownik'][/QUOTE]

Doesn't this strike you guys as shady? Didn't they just pull out the variants rather than letting them get to shelves and instead try to upsell them to you?

[quote name='jcmeadows']Well us says they have the Camo, Warnado, Ignitor 3 pack in stock but when you click on it it gives a error saying none in stock. Im not suprised, lol. Here is a link anyway to keep an eye on.

3 pack
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13014280

Warnado
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13014276

Camo
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13018840[/QUOTE]

My local TRU had a sign up saying when this was going to be released so I guess they're holding all their stock till that day.

$25 is the suckers price though, $19.99 and tax free on Amazon baby :cool:

If anyone has a loose or boxed single pack of voodood or a dark spyro loose and wants to sell it then send me a message and hopefully we can work something out.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Still looking for Wham-Shell to finish out my collection... any sightings?[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I don't think it's been out long enough, resellers are still hunting him down.

[quote name='ZForce915']Ditto. I don't think it's been out long enough, resellers are still hunting him down.[/QUOTE]

+1 Waiting on Wham Shell (still have one on order from Amazon from April 18).

Funny story from today.

Was shopping at Target with 2 of my 3 kids, my son lit up when he found a Dragon's Peak on the shelf; all we're missing is that and Wham. I cringed, told him I'd get it and he would pay me back. Deal? Deal!

Problem is, I ordered a Dragon's Peak from Gamestop a month or so ago and have been hiding it up in my closet, waiting to give it to him on his birthday (in a few weeks).

So now the race is on: can he earn enough $ doing random chores before his birthday?!?
(I may have to short change him on the chore $ for a while)

[quote name='ZForce915']Doesn't this strike you guys as shady? Didn't they just pull out the variants rather than letting them get to shelves and instead try to upsell them to you?[/QUOTE]

Gamestop stores aren't searching for gold/silvers in the incoming shipments and then mailing them to Gamestop corporate so that the Powerup rewards department can send them out. That makes no sense.

[quote name='jkanownik']Gamestop stores aren't searching for gold/silvers in the incoming shipments and then mailing them to Gamestop corporate so that the Powerup rewards department can send them out. That makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

It makes perfect sense.

"Hey store managers, if you see a gold or sliver variant in your shipments send them back"

It's a simple communication or memo to make sure they don't sell $50+ figures for $9.99. How else would they be able to sell a figure that is shipped randomly in cases?

[quote name='langdon_alger']+1 Waiting on Wham Shell (still have one on order from Amazon from April 18).[/QUOTE]

I just got an email from Amazon saying the estimated arrival date is May 25th, which I assume means they are shipping this tomorrow - finally!

It's too bad my kids have lost all interest in the game. They might play it for 30 minutes if I give them Wham-Shell but that would probably be about it. Ever since I told my 4 year-old about Giants he keeps asking me when Tree Rex is coming out. Wham-Shell, even though he doesn't have it yet, is old news ;).

Seeing the current prices on Amazon for Wham-Shell it will be very tempting just to sell it knowing they won't get much play out of it anyway. I can always get it later when it becomes a shelf-sitter. It didn't take too long for Lightning Rod to reach that status. I can then apply that money to a Skylanders Giants preorder ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jkanownik']Gamestop stores aren't searching for gold/silvers in the incoming shipments and then mailing them to Gamestop corporate so that the Powerup rewards department can send them out. That makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right. This isn't happening at all.

What IS happening is that GameStop has the cases of Skylanders figures shipped to their distribution centers. The Distro centers then repack them and reship them to the individual stores. During this process, the Distro centers are the ones picking out the chase figures for the various promos.

[quote name='confoosious']Do you have any evidence of that? Or is this tin foil hat territory?[/QUOTE]

Does it seem that much of a stretch ?

I mean we're not talking about Aliens building the pyramids here, seems perfectly plausible.

People were finding silver/gold ones at GS, though - so certainly they didn't take all of them. I'm more inclined to think GS had a deal with Activision to get a few special ones for promos. The one exception was the single "damaged" silver Eruptor that they had on PUR which was probably a return or just a one-off item from some local store near GS headquarters.

[quote name='io']People were finding silver/gold ones at GS, though - so certainly they didn't take all of them. I'm more inclined to think GS had a deal with Activision to get a few special ones for promos. The one exception was the single "damaged" silver Eruptor that they had on PUR which was probably a return or just a one-off item from some local store near GS headquarters.[/QUOTE]

That's all it is. There's no conspiracy. It's not like these are real gold and silver. The most likely scenario is that gamestop simply called activision and said "hey, we need a run of 50000 figures.". And activision said "ok." cause theyre a huge distributor.

Getting people to send back figures is just unnecessary. But GameStop is evil so people believe this stuff.

The Wham Shell I pre-ordered from mid-April got shipped. I'm sure it's being shipped for others as well.

This will basically complete my collection goal.

[quote name='Mr. bubble']The Wham Shell I pre-ordered from mid-April got shipped. I'm sure it's being shipped for others as well.

This will basically complete my collection goal.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Thursday delivery.

My Amazon order for Wham-Shell hasn't shipped yet and I discovered it minutes before it was announced here on CAG. ...I'm starting to think I shouldn't have agreed to delay my order when Amazon sent that e-mail the other day.

[quote name='sykotek']My Amazon order for Wham-Shell hasn't shipped yet and I discovered it minutes before it was announced here on CAG. ...I'm starting to think I shouldn't have agreed to delay my order when Amazon sent that e-mail the other day.[/QUOTE]

Well, I did the same. If you don't agree to that they canceled it didn't they?

@io: Oh, I see. Yes, they would cancel it, but on June 17th. It wasn't so clearly worded, so I thought I might have gotten bumped back down the list for accepting it.

[quote name='sykotek']@io: Oh, I see. Yes, they would cancel it, but on June 17th. It wasn't so clearly worded, so I thought I might have gotten bumped back down the list for accepting it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew there was some delay there. But no, I always accept those confirmations (I have a lot of things preordered so it happens all the time). That is pretty standard and shouldn't bump you back or anything. If anything, I'd think it would move you up because you are showing interest in the item.

Are you Prime, though? That could be one factor.

Lightning Rod and Zook singles are also in stock on Amazon if anyone's looking for one of those instead of the three pack.

Which reminds me. Now that many of the newer figures are starting to become more commonplace too, I still have an moc Stealth Elf that I'd love to trade for one of the newer figures. If anyone's interested, please send me a PM. :D

Is it just me, or is Voodood the only character that doesn't seem to be getting re-released as a single? I have the other two from that 3-pack, and I just didn't get him back in the day, but now that particular single pack seems to be non-existent, while all others (including his other two buddies) are not that difficult to find.

Have a complete set of these for my son, but now his cousins are Skylander crazy too. Theyte just missing Wham-Shell. Walk into Best Buy before going to work. Two Wham-Shells on pegs. Got them both.

[quote name='splintercell']Is it just me, or is Voodood the only character that doesn't seem to be getting re-released as a single? I have the other two from that 3-pack, and I just didn't get him back in the day, but now that particular single pack seems to be non-existent, while all others (including his other two buddies) are not that difficult to find.[/QUOTE]

He's the shittiest figure (i.e. mold & paint job) so maybe he's going to be one of the few redone when Giants comes out.

[quote name='langdon_alger']finally got a estimated arrival date for my Wham shell ordered thru amazon on April 18. They are saying May 31. we'll see. if so, that's the set![/QUOTE]

Just got that notice as well and i told them to keep waiting when i got that do you want to cancel thing last week

[quote name='anthonyd46']Just got that notice as well and i told them to keep waiting when i got that do you want to cancel thing last week[/QUOTE]

yup, I got the same 'do you want to cancel or wait' email also. glad I decided to wait.

I did some searching and I was unable to discover a dedicated thread to trading Skylanders. Is trading conducted here or am I completely blind?
I found Warnado and Camo locally in Walmart and would like to trade them.
Of course, my order from Amazon for the same 2 figures showed up yesterday. :roll:

TRU is having a B1G1 50% off til Monday.

Stores should have received shipments that contained the Camo/Warnado/Zook/Lightning Rod assortment. Still no sign of Wham shell at any of my local stores.

And for those that may be looking for Blue Bash, TRU will have an event for them again in mid June. I believe on the 17th.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU is having a B1G1 50% off til Monday.

Stores should have received shipments that contained the Camo/Warnado/Zook/Lightning Rod assortment. Still no sign of Wham shell at any of my local stores.

And for those that may be looking for Blue Bash, TRU will have an event for them again in mid June. I believe on the 17th.[/QUOTE]

I checked this "sale" out during my lunch.
The BOGO 50% off only applies to single figures and accessories. It does not count towards triple packs or adventure sets.
Unfortunately, they had none of the ones you listed at the store I went to. There were a metric ton of Legendary Trigger Happy(s) though. :lol:

[quote name='Vader582']I checked this "sale" out during my lunch.
The BOGO 50% off only applies to single figures and accessories. It does not count towards triple packs or adventure sets.
Unfortunately, they had none of the ones you listed at the store I went to. There were a metric ton of Legendary Trigger Happy(s) though. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The 3 packs at my store rang up as part of the sale.

[quote name='splintercell']Is it just me, or is Voodood the only character that doesn't seem to be getting re-released as a single? I have the other two from that 3-pack, and I just didn't get him back in the day, but now that particular single pack seems to be non-existent, while all others (including his other two buddies) are not that difficult to find.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. He is the last one we need other then dark spyro but since he hasnt been sold in the U.S. in a single pack i doubt i try to get him.

Just got shipping notice yesterday from amazon for wham shell.

OK, related but not. How in the hell did any of you guys beat Kaos in the final battle without dying? Granted I was playing with my 5 year old which handicaps it a bit, but even still I dropped about 6-8 Skylanders myself, and he killed off another 15, with nobody but a maxed out Stump Smash looking at us for backup. Tough boss battle!

[quote name='berzirk']OK, related but not. How in the hell did any of you guys beat Kaos in the final battle without dying? Granted I was playing with my 5 year old which handicaps it a bit, but even still I dropped about 6-8 Skylanders myself, and he killed off another 15, with nobody but a maxed out Stump Smash looking at us for backup. Tough boss battle![/QUOTE]

I havent got that far but ive heard terrafin annihilates kaos

I actually had very little trouble with that trophy. Now some of the others I may never bother getting (in particular the glitched maxing out the powers one - I've maxed out several characters and nada). Also the laser one is a pain and there is one other. But beating Kaos without dying wasn't all that hard. I played with my son doing it, too, though he is 9. It definitely helps with 2 people. You also need to make sure you use all the "accessories" that come with the Adventure packs, including the big pieces. They all give you attack, defense, or health bonuses. And of course your Skylanders should be level 10 and have all their powers unlocked. I think we did it with Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt, though it was a while ago so I'm not sure about that.

I still haven't fought Kaos, but make sure you do all the challenges for a few of your favorites. Some of them are absolute beasts maxed out. Stealth Elf & VooDood here. Someone posted earlier that Drobot is up there too.

Finally got an "expected delivery date" from Amazon on Wham-Shell. June 01-June 06. I was almost sure after I had to extend my order that they were going to cancel it.

Almost done...almost done...

^ You mean the phone thing that we all did a few weeks back? I had the actual Frito-Lay game piece thing and the web site was invalid. So, yeah, the "real" way of entering didn't work. I tried it many times and it only finally worked once the promo was over #-o.

[quote name='Corvin']I still haven't fought Kaos, but make sure you do all the challenges for a few of your favorites. Some of them are absolute beasts maxed out. Stealth Elf & VooDood here. Someone posted earlier that Drobot is up there too.[/QUOTE]

I think I was the one who mentioned Drobot and now that you mention him again, I think that is one of the ones we used at the end. So I think it was Drobot and Trigger Happy, both maxed out and with a few challenges to up their stats.

bread's done
Back