Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

yup from the phone thing a few weeks back.

Wife did it once and one and i did it once and won.
I'm still waiting on mine to come and i won before she did.

It also came via regular mail delivery for anyone interested.

Just need voodood now and we will have them all except for dark spyro and the gold/silver/glowing variants ext... which i dont plan on getting except for maybe dark spyro if i can find him cheap enough on ebay eventually.

I finally received two of my prizes (I won a lot of times) from the phone contest. There were two numbers - one awarded you with a random figure and one awarded you with a limited edition version of Stump Smash.

Today, I received two of the random figures - Boomer and Wrecking Ball. These are the same two that it appears EVERYONE is getting via the random number.

[quote name='berzirk']OK, related but not. How in the hell did any of you guys beat Kaos in the final battle without dying? Granted I was playing with my 5 year old which handicaps it a bit, but even still I dropped about 6-8 Skylanders myself, and he killed off another 15, with nobody but a maxed out Stump Smash looking at us for backup. Tough boss battle![/QUOTE]

It was definitely a tough one. I used about 25 of my 36 Skylanders to beat his behind. It took me about an hour. It's definitely a grinding match. I found that the range Skylanders are the best option. There's no trick to my upgrades. I haven't upgraded anything nor did the challenges. They're at level 7-10 and I just stuck it out.

Took me almost all of my Skylanders but I did it. Some advice if there's any I can offer: Memorize what the dragons do and recognize the pattern the obstacles will give you (i.e. the fire starts in the middle, and rotates around so go duck in the any of the four cornered edges.) Also, it might be worth it to sacrifice your weaker Skylanders to continuously hit Kaos while taking damage :)

[quote name='superoreo']It was definitely a tough one. I used about 25 of my 36 Skylanders to beat his behind. It took me about an hour. It's definitely a grinding match. I found that the range Skylanders are the best option. There's no trick to my upgrades. I haven't upgraded anything nor did the challenges. They're at level 7-10 and I just stuck it out.

Took me almost all of my Skylanders but I did it. Some advice if there's any I can offer: Memorize what the dragons do and recognize the pattern the obstacles will give you (i.e. the fire starts in the middle, and rotates around so go duck in the any of the four cornered edges.) Also, it might be worth it to sacrifice your weaker Skylanders to continuously hit Kaos while taking damage :)[/QUOTE]

Wait, you mean you switched them around and still got the trophy/achievement? I guess that makes sense. For some reason I had it in my head that you had to use the same one start to finish and not die. So that's the way me and my son did it. I mean, if me and my 9 year-old can do it, I'm sure you guys can. We each used one and one one Skylander and buffed with the helper items but that was it. They key is to pound on the minions as soon as possible and just take them out quickly. And of course avoid the hazards - but that part isn't too hard. And yeah, ranged helps a ton - I think like I said before we did it with Drobot and Trigger Happy.

Just the opposite was true for me. If you focus on attacking Kaos, after he takes enough damage the minions just automatically die. I beat him solo with Gill Grunt.

Damn I need to save this thread. I just started playing this game around Mother's Day weekend and having a blast. I'm also missing the "final three" characters in the game: Warnado, Camo and Wham-Shell. I actually had War and Cam on order at Walmart.com but had to cancel due to a billing error that can't be changed because their site sucks balls for ordering.

I guess no one here has done Lightning Rod's Bonus Challenge.

The 360 & PS3 appear to have a glitch where you can't finish it except with Lightning Rod himself. The setup is killing enemies and teleporting to find a mask at the end. Simple, however, if you play with any Skylander other than LR the mask isn't there resulting in "Challenge Failed."

The work around is starting the challenge as LR and dying. After dying you can change to any other Skylander letting you find the mask. This may or may not require doing it on a new save file. I did it on a new save file.

I only have 1 challenge left(Wham-Shell's whenever he decides to show up from Amazon) with Stealth Elf and she'll be maxed out. She's a beast.

[quote name='Corvin']I guess no one here has done Lightning Rod's Bonus

The work around is starting the challenge as LR and dying. After dying you can change to any other Skylander letting you find the mask. This may or may not require doing it on a new save file. I did it on a new save file.

[/QUOTE]

Don't the heroic challenges end if you die in the middle of them?

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Don't the heroic challenges end if you die in the middle of them?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Corvin']
[/QUOTE]

He covered that.

[quote name='ZForce915']Just the opposite was true for me. If you focus on attacking Kaos, after he takes enough damage the minions just automatically die. I beat him solo with Gill Grunt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I forgot about that (we did this so long ago). I think we did that as well - the minions do just disappear. I think maybe that's what we did, actually. I just know they went away really fast.

Toysrus has Voodood in stock.

They are also selling it on ebay as well.

I went with the ebay route since they only charged $2.99 shipping from ebay but from toysrus.com it was $4.99

[quote name='UncleBob']I finally received two of my prizes (I won a lot of times) from the phone contest. There were two numbers - one awarded you with a random figure and one awarded you with a limited edition version of Stump Smash.

Today, I received two of the random figures - Boomer and Wrecking Ball. These are the same two that it appears EVERYONE is getting via the random number.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had called the other number more than once with my name - I though that wouldn't work (one per household).

Anyway, my wife apparently "won" on the other number and today in the mail: Boomer. D'oh! Oh well, would have prefered Wrecking Ball just as a toy to give my 2 year-old to play with. But she kind of likes "Boom-Boom" as well.

I know we called different numbers, though, so hopefully I get the flocked Stump Smash at least.

[quote name='icpmattj']Toysrus has Voodood in stock.

They are also selling it on ebay as well.

I went with the ebay route since they only charged $2.99 shipping from ebay but from toysrus.com it was $4.99[/QUOTE]

It's appearing sporadically in stores also. It's in the same assortment with Wham-Shell.

Don't know if anyone would be interested but I have a Camo and Ignitor that came out of the three pack. The only one I need out of it was Warnado, just got them tonight. Only one I need is Wham-shell. Would like to trade both for 1 whamshell or whatever. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Just a reminder, TRU will have Blue Bash available starting on Sunday 6/17.

Also next week

All Starter packs $39.99
All 3 packs and adventure packs $19.99

[quote name='prim4444']Just a reminder, TRU will have Blue Bash available starting on Sunday 6/17.
[/QUOTE]
In store only I'm guessing? It's not showing up online.

[quote name='Vader582']In store only I'm guessing? It's not showing up online.[/QUOTE]

Yes, in store. He shouldn't be hard to find. My store got in 10 cases, there were still 8 cases sealed and 8 figures on pegs when I walked into work this morning.

[quote name='prim4444']Yes, in store. He shouldn't be hard to find. My store got in 10 cases, there were still 8 cases sealed and 8 figures on pegs when I walked into work this morning.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? So this is going to be like the Legendary 3-packs (and Trigger Happy) that are still sitting everywhere now.

I got in on the web site preorder for Blue Bash a couple months ago. It kind of sucks that it cost so much that way (nearly $15 with shipping). Had I known they would flood the stores with them now I would have sold mine ;). Especially since my kids have completely lost interest in the game. I gave them the elusive Wham-Shell a couple weeks ago and they played with it for 30 minutes and haven't played Skylanders since. Oh wells...

I picked up Blue Bash from my local Toys r Us. When my kid saw he wasn't blue in the game, he lost interest real fast too. He recently finished the game by himself, and now he's on to new games. 90% of this being bought off of Best Buy credit sure helps just seeing hem sit there now.

I'm seriously wondering what I got myself into. I have 10 unopened figures sitting in my closet and my daughter doesn't seem to care about the game much anymore. I was previously giving them to her as rewards for chores and the like but now I'm wondering if I should just "unveil" them when Giants comes out.

So I was hunting for the last 3-pack (camo, ignitor, warnado) im missing for the last couple of weeks and Here im walking inside gamestop and saw a little boy paying the same 3-pack at the counter!!! waaaah!! I missed it by like a minute or so!! of course that was the last stock they had.

in order news, i just saw the walmart exclusive "pure red drill sergeant" on shelves! pass on it since it was so ugly...

why would they make these kinds of variants? first the gold and silver variants, and blue bash TRU exclusive and now this red drill sergeant!! sheeesh! they could have least picked a better character.

I actually took back the Blue Bash. Thinking about nabbing a Dark Spyro though. They'd have to be an in game variant for my kid to care. Although that red Drill Sergeant you speak of sounds interesting.

[quote name='anthonyd46']I havent got that far but ive heard terrafin annihilates kaos[/QUOTE]

Wow...yes indeed. Just popped 1000/1000 cheevos last night thanks to Terrafin. It still took awhile, but for anyone who is curious, I went for it at about a level 7, so I got free health during level ups while fighting him. Between that and leaving food out on the platform until I had to have it, and liberally using Spark, Pirate Swords, and health vials, I was able to beat him. That was pretty tough though. Great game. High re-playability, and tons of fun to play by yourself or with kids.

[quote name='ZForce915']I'm seriously wondering what I got myself into. I have 10 unopened figures sitting in my closet and my daughter doesn't seem to care about the game much anymore. I was previously giving them to her as rewards for chores and the like but now I'm wondering if I should just "unveil" them when Giants comes out.[/QUOTE]

HAAA HAAA! I can mostly relate. My son still gets pretty excited about them, but since we beat the game, I usually have to suggest Skylanders as the game of choice if we're going to play. Still have the Ignitor 3 pack, Slam Bamm, and Whamshell unopened and on a shelf waiting as rewards.

He needs 10 stars to get one, and is only at 1 right now, so it could be awhile!

[quote name='berzirk']Wow...yes indeed. Just popped 1000/1000 cheevos last night thanks to Terrafin. It still took awhile, but for anyone who is curious, I went for it at about a level 7, so I got free health during level ups while fighting him. Between that and leaving food out on the platform until I had to have it, and liberally using Spark, Pirate Swords, and health vials, I was able to beat him. That was pretty tough though. Great game. High re-playability, and tons of fun to play by yourself or with kids.[/QUOTE]

Cpongats. I did it with Cynder. She probably has the edge with her range attack and still being able to duck underground. I started with a fully leveled Stealth Elf, but having to get in close for combat was killing me. Switched to a leveled up Cynder and my health never even dipped to the halfway point.

The Skylanders Sidekicks Frito-Lay bags have begun popping up in stores. Way you get the sidekicks is pretty awkward though. Each bag has a card, and you need to mail in $2 shipping + card + upc to get a sidekick. Awkward part is how you choose which Sidekick you want. You rank the ones available in order of what you want, and they send you one, and they make it clear they cannot guarantee you get your choice. There's also a limit of four per household.

[quote name='io']WTF!? Here's yet another variation I hadn't heard of:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylanders-...&ps=63&clkid=31550975887982287&_qi=RTM1066540

Glow in the dark!? They have made so many different variations it definitely has killed the collectability of it for me - there's just too many to get. So I'm stopping now.[/QUOTE]

How about the "Flocked" stump smash? That's fetching a pretty penny too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170870048783?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Can you believe this guy trying to cash in on this craze? Wait, that user name looks familiar...

[quote name='ZForce915']How about the "Flocked" stump smash? That's fetching a pretty penny too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170870048783?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Can you believe this guy trying to cash in on this craze? Wait, that user name looks familiar...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well, I know where that one comes from at least - though I'm kind of pissed because I never got mine (from the earlier Frito-Lay promo). Thanks for pointing it out, actually - I didn't realize anyone had gotten one yet but it appears there are quite a few sold recently. When did you get yours?

I did pick up the new Frito-Lay variety pack tonight at Target. It is a big bag full of the snack-size packs of chips and it was $6.99. So that + $2 and a stamp and I can pick a "baby" Skylander. My 4 year-old has already chosen Gil Runt. Given that he knows we'll get that (or at least one of them) I'm already locked out from trying to sell it for the big bucks ;). Much to my surprise, I don't see any of the mini ones on sale on eBay yet. Considering that Wombat got a set (at E3) they are out there - so frankly I'm shocked none are up for sale.

As for the promo itself, I'd really rather not have to buy the big packs of chips because all that happens with those is the kids get into them and eat them all in a day or two which is definitely not a healthy thing. I found several bags in the garbage already and we just got the pack Sunday evening! We actually used to buy those during the school year to put in their lunches but now that they are out of school they have time to sit at home and eat them. I guess we need to get a padlock for the pantry or a food safe or something ;).

[quote name='io']Yeah, well, I know where that one comes from at least - though I'm kind of pissed because I never got mine (from the earlier Frito-Lay promo). Thanks for pointing it out, actually - I didn't realize anyone had gotten one yet but it appears there are quite a few sold recently. When did you get yours?
[/QUOTE]
I got mine on Friday or Saturday.

[quote name='io']Yeah, well, I know where that one comes from at least - though I'm kind of pissed because I never got mine (from the earlier Frito-Lay promo). Thanks for pointing it out, actually - I didn't realize anyone had gotten one yet but it appears there are quite a few sold recently. When did you get yours?

I did pick up the new Frito-Lay variety pack tonight at Target. It is a big bag full of the snack-size packs of chips and it was $6.99. So that + $2 and a stamp and I can pick a "baby" Skylander. My 4 year-old has already chosen Gil Runt. Given that he knows we'll get that (or at least one of them) I'm already locked out from trying to sell it for the big bucks ;). Much to my surprise, I don't see any of the mini ones on sale on eBay yet. Considering that Wombat got a set (at E3) they are out there - so frankly I'm shocked none are up for sale.

As for the promo itself, I'd really rather not have to buy the big packs of chips because all that happens with those is the kids get into them and eat them all in a day or two which is definitely not a healthy thing. I found several bags in the garbage already and we just got the pack Sunday evening! We actually used to buy those during the school year to put in their lunches but now that they are out of school they have time to sit at home and eat them. I guess we need to get a padlock for the pantry or a food safe or something ;).[/QUOTE]

I got mine on Saturday and put it up as a one day auction to strike while the iron is hot. I didn't realize that this is what I was entering for, I thought I was getting a baby skylander but this thing is a full figure. It's really pretty cool but I'm not interested in collecting variants at all. The Legendary Trigger Happy that my daughter picked out is the only one we have.

I've recently started dieting (lost 16lbs BTW!) so I don't think I want to bring a box of temptation into the house and I'm going to consider these toys a variant as well so I can block out my "need" for them.

Now if I could just get that Wham Shell...

I've got two Whamshells for people still out of luck. I bought one to surprise my son with, then my parents showed up with one for him too, so both are still in the box. I'm not a pro on shipping things around and doing the whole person to person e-commerce, but if someone wants to make an offer and guide me on the shipping, I can hook you up. PM me if you're interested. I had planned on taking the second one back to Target otherwise.

[quote name='Corvin']or ya know, teach your kids that they don't have free reign on the pantry. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Easy to say - we have 5 kids and we can't watch every one of them every minute of the day. When my 12 year-old sneaks a pack of food up to the game room (where he's not supposed to eat anyway) I usually don't find out about it till a day or two later when I find the package behind the couch. Then he gets punished but he'll do it again later anyway. Pre-teens and whatnot ;). Then I've got a 4 year-old that will drag chars over and get up high to get the snacks. We try to stop that but there's only so many times per day you can punish someone - you have to pick your battles. That's why we are seriously considering a lock - that way they have to ask for everything which will be enough of a pain (me and my wife can't spend all day prepping and retrieving food for people).

But anyway, I'm going to send in the Frito-Lay card today I think. This early on we shouldn't have trouble getting the one we want (my son wants Gil Runt) but who knows - they could also just be starting production and maybe won't have a big supply of all of them this early. Of course for this first one it doesn't matter since we don't have any yet. Hopefully they don't take the full 8-10 weeks for delivery.

The promo runs through beginning of November by the way - so plenty of time to get these.

[quote name='Salamando3000']The Skylanders Sidekicks Frito-Lay bags have begun popping up in stores. Way you get the sidekicks is pretty awkward though. Each bag has a card, and you need to mail in $2 shipping + card + upc to get a sidekick. Awkward part is how you choose which Sidekick you want. You rank the ones available in order of what you want, and they send you one, and they make it clear they cannot guarantee you get your choice. There's also a limit of four per household.[/QUOTE]

Are the bags marked with skylander promo on them?

[quote name='icpmattj']Are the bags marked with skylander promo on them?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my little ones spotted them right away - can't miss 'em ;).

Note that these are the big bags of variety packs, not regular chip bags.

D'oh - when I did an eBay search last night I was searching on "mini" and "pet" and also on the names (such as Gil Runt). I found nothing. When using the keyword "sidekick" you get all those voucher + UPC auctions plus this one for the figures in hand:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SKYLANDERS-...6440?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4ab93df988

Wombat may regret taking those home and letting his kids play with them ;).

Like I said earlier, with this promo running until Nov (or at least you have that long to mail the forms in) I doubt these will be as rare as the guy in that auction claims. I'm not sure why it is bid up so high ($510 when I posted it). You can buy 4 packs of Frito-Lay at $7 each and add $2 for shipping and 4 stamps and that is about $38 and you have a ton of chips to eat (or give away) in addition. Of course you aren't guaranteed all 4 different ones, but I'd rather take my chances that way than spend over $500!

I got one of those Flocked Stump Smashes in the mail today from Frito Lay...it's actually pretty cool looking. Not sure if I'm going to keep it yet.

Finally found the last 3-pack (camo, ignitor, warnado) in walmart! All regular skylanders are mine now!! YAY!!! Im happy i got all of them without paying anything above retail. So happy! Now to decide whether to continue buying or stop when Giants comes out.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I got one of those Flocked Stump Smashes in the mail today from Frito Lay...it's actually pretty cool looking. Not sure if I'm going to keep it yet.[/QUOTE]

I just got one in the mail as well, now if I can just get a Wamshell to complete everything

bread's done
Back