Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

It's been a week and a few days since I mailed out for codes for the Halloween Fright Rider and nothing so far. We don't have Kroger stores in Chicago so I had to try through mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been a week and a few days since I mailed out for codes for the Halloween Fright Rider and nothing so far. We don't have Kroger stores in Chicago so I had to try through mail.
I'm hearing this a lot. Most people who mailed away for codes ended up calling to get them. 1-877-286-4806 is the number you'll want to call. The rep can check to see if they've received your requests and if so most will email them to you immediately. I'm not sure if this is the same support team being used for the current Rattle Shake promo but if so expect to be on hold for a bit. The Rattle Shake promo has thus far been a mess and they've been receiving a lot of calls regarding it.

What is the deal on the rattle shake promo and the fright rider promo? I keep seeing people say they saw bags for the fright rider, but all I've seen here is rattle shake ones in my area. 

What is the deal on the rattle shake promo and the fright rider promo? I keep seeing people say they saw bags for the fright rider, but all I've seen here is rattle shake ones in my area.
The Fright Rider promo is coming to an end soon so if you're looking for codes to try and win you'll need to mail some requests or find the chip bags. They seemed to be limited to Kroger stores but lately they've been making their way into TRU stores as well.

Kroger here only has the Rattle Shake.  Been checking the last couple of weeks too, which sucks cause I never seen the Fright Rider ones anywhere.  Guess Ill try to get some codes from mail in as soon as possible.  Thanks.

Just sent away for 10 free codes. Figured I give that way a shot.

I sent out 26 letters requesting codes about a week and a half ago. With the contest ending the 16th of this month I was worried I wasn't going to get them on time. Don't wait too long to call if you don't get them.

JAlbertL said:
I sent out 26 letters requesting codes about a week and a half ago. With the contest ending the 16th of this month I was worried I wasn't going to get them on time. Don't wait too long to call if you don't get them.
Ok thanks I am more worried about the Rattleshake promo than the Fright Rider one.

Found a Kmart out in the boonies today. They had 1 Pumpkin Eye-Brawl left and I picked it up.

Anybody have any Wave 3 release info/dates yet?
No dates yet and the list is pulled from European retailers which have been fairly accurate so far with the exception of the multipacks.

http://portalflip.com/2013/10/21/rumor-wave-3-skylanders-hitting-retailers-in-november/

Rubble Rouser

Spy Rise

Stink Bomb

Dune Bug

Horn Blast Whirlwind

Hyper Beam Prism Break

Phantom Cynder

LC Countdown

LC Wham Shell

Sheepwreck Island adventure pack

Arkeyan Crossbow battle pack

I have been hearing rumbles on a few of the Skylander Facebook pages that the Wave 3 release date at TRU is going to be on the 15th of November this Friday. Can anyone confirm or deny this? That would suck since that would the same day as the PS4 releases.

I have been hearing rumbles on a few of the Skylander Facebook pages that the Wave 3 release date at TRU is going to be on the 15th of November this Friday. Can anyone confirm or deny this? That would suck since that would the same day as the PS4 releases.
Unlikely. It Is possible, but many of the "confirmations" if you look into the sources are just speculation that gets passed around by various people until they consider it "confirmed". Wave 2 isn't all that common yet, nor are the Wave 2 three packs out yet. And shelves are still loaded with Wave 1.

I won't believe it until prim posts a confirmation or we get a Hot Toy Alert (if one is coming it will be on the 14th in the afternoon). Or some of them start showing up on EBay from people with connections/luck in getting stores to sell it early. I personally have the feeling it will be mid to late December if not mid January. It will depend on how sales do after Black Friday. Putting more figures on the shelf when there is plenty to buy is just bloat, and pushes sales away from the ones already out - very few (percentage wise) buy everything and find themselves sitting around with nothing else to get waiting for the next Wave.

Unlikely. It Is possible, but many of the "confirmations" if you look into the sources are just speculation that gets passed around by various people until they consider it "confirmed". Wave 2 isn't all that common yet, nor are the Wave 2 three packs out yet. And shelves are still loaded with Wave 1.

I won't believe it until prim posts a confirmation or we get a Hot Toy Alert (if one is coming it will be on the 14th in the afternoon). Or some of them start showing up on EBay from people with connections/luck in getting stores to sell it early. I personally have the feeling it will be mid to late December if not mid January. It will depend on how sales do after Black Friday. Putting more figures on the shelf when there is plenty to buy is just bloat, and pushes sales away from the ones already out - very few (percentage wise) buy everything and find themselves sitting around with nothing else to get waiting for the next Wave.
I've actually heard from 2 different people that TRU has cases of Skylanders marked for 11/15. I'm starting to think there might be more to this but I can't confirm it.

AtlusParker said:
I've actually heard from 2 different people that TRU has cases of Skylanders marked for 11/15. I'm starting to think there might be more to this but I can't confirm it.
I am happy if that's true but don't like the fact that it would also be PS4 launch day. My TRU has not really been on the ball the last two Sunday Skylander/Infinity releases.

Edit:

I would like it more if it was next week that way I could get all three of the new swappable guys 3 for $35.00.

Waiting on word from prim. Assuming you haven't seen pictures, I might think that was mistaken from the cases for Legendary Night Shift since he was street dated.

Waiting on word from prim. Assuming you haven't seen pictures, I might think that was mistaken from the cases for Legendary Night Shift since he was street dated.
That was exactly what I thought until I heard it from a second person. I'm not holding my breath or anything but I wouldn't be surprised if Activision releases a wave on the PS4 launch day. At Gamescom Sony was the only company showing off a next gen version of SWAP Force and all the next gen b-roll that Activision has released has been from the PS4 version.

The only release TRU has planned for this coming week is Dino Rang on 11/17. My store got some wave 1 lightcore figures with a hold date of 12/1 for some reason. I'll have to look into what's going on that week.  Nothing to report as far as wave 3 goes.

Has anyone ever had a Skylander not even be recognized on the portal? This weekend I tried to use Eye Brawl, but the portal didn't even see the character. There was no response.

And I found out that Best Buy only has a 15 day return period, so I can't even exchange it.

Has anyone ever had a Skylander not even be recognized on the portal? This weekend I tried to use Eye Brawl, but the portal didn't even see the character. There was no response.

And I found out that Best Buy only has a 15 day return period, so I can't even exchange it.
What version are you playing? And is your portal stacked on or close by another portal?

Giants. Nope, portal was by itself on top of a wooden tv stand. I even switched portals to see if that was the issue.
Sounds like you'll need to contact Activision support. Unless Best Buy accepts returns on open Skylanders and it turned out the second one that you bought today was actually defective?

TRU extends the B1G1 40% into next week.

11/26 Only.  Free Giants starter pack with purchase of any Swap Force starter pack.

11/27 Only.  $9.99  All Spyro's Adventure 3 Packs or Adventure Packs.

I really need to beat Giants on Nightmare already so I can box my entire collection up to sell. It was good fun but for me it was just a quick fad that I stupidly paid into far too much.

Prim, any word on shipments to TRU of SSA figures? I read somewhere that stores were getting a lot of them, and there have been reports of earlier waves that might possibly have Boomer. Do you know how many cases and what waves (or case breakdown if possible) of single, 3-pack, and adventure packs?

Looks like Jolly Bumble last will be releasing December 7th at GameStop. I just received the Skylanders Club email. 

So where is everyone getting their figs on Thursday/Friday? TRU? I'm assuming it'll be available online, so I'm going to try that. I thought I read somewhere that Amazon would have a b2g1 on the figs, but I can't seem to find that again. Can anyone verify?

Hey, I'm new to Skylanders but Just picked up a used Skylanders Spyro's Adventures with 3 guys and a Portal...is the portal universal? someone told me the portal does not work with swap force?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'm new to Skylanders but Just picked up a used Skylanders Spyro's Adventures with 3 guys and a Portal...is the portal universal? someone told me the portal does not work with swap force?

Thanks in advance.
http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Skylanders-SWAP-Force-Portal-Compatibility/?l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3AAll&fs=Search&pn=1

You can use the Portal of Power that comes with the Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack to play either Skylanders Spyro's Adventure or Skylanders Giants. All you need to do is sync the Portal of Power to your console. However, you cannot use the Portal of Power from previous games with Skylanders SWAP Force.

http://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Skylanders-SWAP-Force-Portal-Compatibility/?l=en_US&c=Game_Title%3AAll&fs=Search&pn=1

You can use the Portal of Power that comes with the Skylanders SWAP Force Starter Pack to play either Skylanders Spyro's Adventure or Skylanders Giants. All you need to do is sync the Portal of Power to your console. However, you cannot use the Portal of Power from previous games with Skylanders SWAP Force.
Thank you for your help sir, much obliged!

TRU extends the B1G1 40% into next week.

11/26 Only. Free Giants starter pack with purchase of any Swap Force starter pack.

11/27 Only. $9.99 All Spyro's Adventure 3 Packs or Adventure Packs.
Online I don't see any reference to any of these deals. Can anyone confirm that the original Spyro Adventure 3-Packs are $9.99 in stores today?

Can someone advise me on which swap force characters to get so I can maximize what I can unlock in the game? I am talking about the actual swappers, not the regular figures since I already have lots of regular figures. So far I think hoot loop would be a good choice.

Also I just stumbled upon what I think I is a glitch in spyro's adventure, this might be old I don't know but it's very useful. I am playing on the Wii. Ok you get the treasure chest item from the pirate seas pack. If you don't have it you can get it on eBay cheaply. Then go to the main area of the game where you are normally automatically brought when you first teleport a skylanders into the game. Put the treasure chest on the portal and the skylander. Then you walk around the area until you find the hidden treasure. Once you find it go talk to Persephone and exit out of that screen. Then go back to where the treasure was, it will be there again. You can do this over and over to get massive amounts of gold very quickly and upgrade your characters faster. You can even switch characters and it will work. Works over and over for me.

Can someone advise me on which swap force characters to get so I can maximize what I can unlock in the game? I am talking about the actual swappers, not the regular figures since I already have lots of regular figures. So far I think hoot loop would be a good choice.

Also I just stumbled upon what I think I is a glitch in spyro's adventure, this might be old I don't know but it's very useful. I am playing on the Wii. Ok you get the treasure chest item from the pirate seas pack. If you don't have it you can get it on eBay cheaply. Then go to the main area of the game where you are normally automatically brought when you first teleport a skylanders into the game. Put the treasure chest on the portal and the skylander. Then you walk around the area until you find the hidden treasure. Once you find it go talk to Persephone and exit out of that screen. Then go back to where the treasure was, it will be there again. You can do this over and over to get massive amounts of gold very quickly and upgrade your characters faster. You can even switch characters and it will work. Works over and over for me.

If any one cares this is the minimum amount of toys you need to complete the game 100%.

http://www.ign.com/w...mum_Toys_Needed

Starter Pack - $74.99
Rattle Shake - $15.99
Magna Charge - $15.99
Free Ranger - $15.99
Hoot Loop - $15.99
Stink Bomb - $15.99 (not available at launch)
Rubble Rouser - $15.99 (not available at launch)
Any Giants character - $14.99
Sheep Wreck Adventure Pack - $24.99 (not available at launch)
Tower of Time Adventure Pack - $24.99
Fiery Forge Battle Pack - $24.99

I noticed that pretty much all the first Spyro's Adventure figures are $4.99 on TRU.com now and qualify as well for the Buy 1 Get 1 Free deal that ends tonight. I might stop by and see if they will honor their online store price match. $2.50 per figure before tax is a great deal. Great stocking stuffers for sure. Plus a few of the figures qualify for free shipping.

Can anyone who bought swap force from Walmart do me a favor?  I have the "walmart exclusive starter kit" which just means a couple of coupons but there's a walmart specific UPC sticker over the regular sticker.   Can you peel that off and let me know the UPC code that's on the box?  I want to make sure I can trade it into amazon later before I open it.

xbox 360 version, btw.

thanks

Enchanted hoot loop is $13.88 at Sam's club if you can find a a store that has one if you are a member. There were like 2 left after I picked one up. There is a Sam's club exclusive sticker on the package. I think they charge 13.88 for all the swappers. On an unrelated note Sam's is still charging $344 for the regular deluxe Wii U. Sam's for some reason seems to have the best selection of skylanders.

I haven't had luck with TRU when it comes to price match, not sure if the attitudes there changed but when I tried to price match from the website once they gave me the lame excuse that their website is a completely different company than the retail store. They absolutely will not budge on prices no matter what.

I have had the most luck price matching with target, Walmart is a train wreck when it comes to anything customer service, if you can get them to agree to the price match then they probably won't know how to do it. Had good luck with best buy as well, although my experience with them is if you see something on the website it will ring up that price in the store.

My Target had the Jolly Bumble Blast on the floor today, the system would not let them sell it though.  The system said it was not releasing until 12/8, so it looks like they will be available Sunday at Target.

bread's done
Back