Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='Corvin']Ignitor isn't 'technically' out yet. Sure it's in the 3DS set, but he'll be flying solo around March.[/QUOTE]

Good to know. Thanks.

Finally had a chance to sort through what i have.
Looks like aside from ignitor, i just need zap, hex and eruptor at the moment.

Edit: And a quick trip to Target this morning remedied that :) Picked up the Hex/Zap/Dino 3-pack and the Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash 3-pack. Apparently, I still needed Bash, too. This was actually the only money outside of gamestop credit I've had to spend on these things. Also glad I've kept all but the starter pack sealed for now since i can go return the Chop Chop and Dino-Rang doubles I have to Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Link927']I've heard from a few others that Target employees arent actually allowed to told items for customers behind the counter. Not sure where I heard it....any Target employees willing to confirm?[/QUOTE]

It depends on the store's STL (Store Team Leader), which is the head manager of the store. Most of them (including ours) will not allow holds on anything that is in high demand. Our store will not hold them but as soon as they stop flying off of the shelves like crazy, it'll be okay to hold them.

Every Target is different, but I do know the majority of them (especially in my district) will not hold anything in high demand. It is company-wide policy that we cannot hold anything featured in the sale ads or on clearance too, so since Skylanders are featured in the ad this week, there is a good chance they won't hold them due to that alone.

I have a Zap and a Hex singles, but plan on getting the three pack with both of them. If someone wants them at cost, let me know. Else I'll probably return them as soon as I find the three pack.

Richmond West End TRU has a new shipment in. I was in today, Saturday, and saw the following:
Whirlwind
Double Trouble
Drill Sergeant
Chop Chop
Flameslinger
3 pack with Hex, Zap, and somebody else.

Current ebay prices for Whirlwind are $15ish, pretty low IMHO.

[quote name='biggie2123']Does TRU still sell the Legendary Skylander packs or is that one out of print?[/QUOTE]

Some people have reported that it's OOP, I haven't payed much attention to it since I purchased it day 1.

[quote name='elessar123']I have a Zap and a Hex singles, but plan on getting the three pack with both of them. If someone wants them at cost, let me know. Else I'll probably return them as soon as I find the three pack.[/QUOTE]

I may take those off your hands. I'm guessing they're still in the packaging then, correct?

[quote name='biggie2123']Does TRU still sell the Legendary Skylander packs or is that one out of print?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='skiizim']Some people have reported that it's OOP, I haven't payed much attention to it since I purchased it day 1.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got in an order last week online, promptly got a backorder notice saying the order would ride until 2/25 and then get auto-cancelled if it wasn't fulfilled by then. I got a cancellation email today. :( They must not be getting anymore.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Updated OP again!

Any questions you may have about current and future availability should be answered through that.[/QUOTE]
Regarding Legendary Trigger Happy- someone posted a picture on the darkspyro forum of the plan-o-gram at TRU and there was a tag for him next to a tag for the next level pack. So the assumption is that he'll be out in the April release or sooner.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g52/TheHollywoodBoy/?action=view&current=IMG_1223.jpg

Thanks, I just told my kids they can't wait until April now. I also did not realize that they were actually coming out with a Legendary Trigger Happy. Hopefully we will also see a re-release of the Legendary 3-pack... but I kind of doubt it.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Updated OP again!

Any questions you may have about current and future availability should be answered through that.[/QUOTE]

Finally got all the ones thats been released so far not counting the 3DS exclusives on Friday night. This morning both Wal-Mart and Target still had figures that they received on Fridays shipment, so I'm guessing the popularity has died down around here for a while least till the next wave.

When I was at Walmart a couple days ago when I picked up a few figures the shelves were overflowing with almost every character and adventure pack. Today I was there for something else and looked again and there was almost nothing left. People are definitely still buying them in my area.

Picked up the darklight crypt and flamelinger,drobot,stump smash 3 pack today at walmart.Also picked up the pirate seas pack last week from amazon gold box deal when it was $1 cheaper then normal.

Gonna put them back for my sons birthday in 3 weeks.
They also had singles for drobot,voodood,boomer,and prizm break.

The kids got boomer and prizm break using their own $.

Still waiting on amazon to ship the whirlwind 3 pack that i preordered two weeks ago as well.

The only place in my area that has skylanders that are not Prism Break, Boomer or Drobot are at TRU..where the prices are of course 9.99 and 24.99. Dont know if I should continue to see if Target will ever restock with characters that I want or if I should just bite and pay TRU their extra few dollars -_-

I know it's been asked earlier but looking for some tips on leveling up new skylanders quickly. I've unlocked up to chapter 12 thus far. Got my stealth elf to level 10 and maxed offense upgrades. Should I carry on or are any of the levels I've played good for level 1s?

Thanks for all the talk about where to find them. I'm up to 12 characters now and it's so addicting!

I've pretty much only had luck at WM & TRU. Everyone else around me is sold out, and has been nearly every time I've been there to check within the past two weeks... Got lucky this weekend and found a Whirlwind, Drill Sergeant, Double Trouble triple pack at WM, and a Cynder at TRU. I'm up to nearly everything that's been released thus far. Just missing a couple triple packs(I'm gonna just start buying the singles if I don't see them soon, as I have at least SEEN each of the Skylanders out in the wild) and, of course, the Legendaries.

i see tru.com has the empire of ice in stock but its $31 after tax and shipping thats just way too much $2 more for a single figure is one thing but thats alot to pay extra

[quote name='anthonyd46']i see tru.com has the empire of ice in stock but its $31 after tax and shipping thats just way too much $2 more for a single figure is one thing but thats alot to pay extra[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

TRU tax

Just ask any Lego fan about it, they literally have markups on sets as high as 35% over MSRP and most are frequently $2-$5 more than any other retailer.

I remember when they were on the ropes 10-15 years ago and it looked like they weren't gonna be around much longer. Shit, even 5 years ago they weren't this overconfident in their market position to charge a premium over MSRP on damn near every product they sell.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']:rofl:

TRU tax

Just ask any Lego fan about it, they literally have markups on sets as high as 35% over MSRP and most are frequently $2-$5 more than any other retailer.

I remember when they were on the ropes 10-15 years ago and it looked like they weren't gonna be around much longer. Shit, even 5 years ago they weren't this overconfident in their market position to charge a premium over MSRP on damn near every product they sell.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you're talking about. I go to TRU fairly regularly for video games and skylanders is probably the first thing I've seen there above MSRP. I know NYC stores are different but that's NYC.

[quote name='confoosious']I have no idea what you're talking about. I go to TRU fairly regularly for video games and skylanders is probably the first thing I've seen there above MSRP. I know NYC stores are different but that's NYC.[/QUOTE]

Video game software is just about the only thing they consistently keep at MSRP.

Here's one of my favorite Lego examples

ToysRUs Lego Batman Catwoman Catcycle Chase City Chase $19.99

Lego Shop at Home Online Batman Catwoman Catcycle Chase City Chase $12.99

The TRU Tax is horrid, I do go there a lot though. I can stay in there with my kid for hours and not buy anything! Some of there sales are descent though but they are far and in between. $1 Buzz Lightyear Operation!!!!!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Video game software is just about the only thing they consistently keep at MSRP.

Here's one of my favorite Lego examples

ToysRUs Lego Batman Catwoman Catcycle Chase City Chase $19.99

Lego Shop at Home Online Batman Catwoman Catcycle Chase City Chase $12.99[/QUOTE]

Yeah, TRU abuses customers with LEGO sets. Once you get into the bigger sets it's easier to notice. If a given set is $30 at Target, I can guarantee it's $40 at TRU. $60 at WM? $75+ at TRU.

The new DC Superhero line is the worst offender at TRU as RvB pointed out above.

So I have all the ones that are out now minus the 3DS ones...the question is, do I open them? lol. I cant imagine in a year these regular ones are going to be worth anything...it's just a figure collector habit of mine to think carefully before opening anything for display or use.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']So I have all the ones that are out now minus the 3DS ones...the question is, do I open them? lol. I cant imagine in a year these regular ones are going to be worth anything...it's just a figure collector habit of mine to think carefully before opening anything for display or use.[/QUOTE]

Eventually, whether it's next year or 3-4 years from now Skylanders will be dead or at the very least the frenzy will just be a passive interest. At that point, even the supposedly out of print Legendary pack will be worth squat. Unless you plan to ride the wave and get lucky enough to sell at the peak, you're better off just acknowledging that Skylanders are not an investment.

#TulipMania

Beanie Babies
Furbies
Zhu Zhu Pets
etc.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Eventually, whether it's next year or 3-4 years from now Skylanders will be dead or at the very least the frenzy will just be a passive interest. At that point, even the supposedly out of print Legendary pack will be worth squat. Unless you plan to ride the wave and get lucky enough to sell at the peak, you're better off just acknowledging that Skylanders are not an investment.

#TulipMania

Beanie Babies
Furbies
Zhu Zhu Pets
etc.[/QUOTE]

Aye. They're already on the decline. Every figure I own was funded by my sales of one Whirlwind. Ironically, I now also own the Whirlwind three-pack.

Anyone need the Pirate Seas pack? I ended up with an extra one (long story involving some real bad customer service) and prefer to get it to a CAG for MSRP + shipping.

Picked up Wrecking Ball and Boomer today. That leaves Flameslinger, Voodood, Cynder, and Chop Chop and I'll have them all.

[quote name='vessey632']Anyone need the Pirate Seas pack? I ended up with an extra one (long story involving some real bad customer service) and prefer to get it to a CAG for MSRP + shipping.[/QUOTE]

Same here with a Drobot/Flameslinger/Stump Smash set.

[quote name='elessar123']Aye. They're already on the decline. Every figure I own was funded by my sales of one Whirlwind. Ironically, I now also own the Whirlwind three-pack.[/QUOTE]

I saw two Whirlwinds on BF and bought them without a second thought. Since I heard any "exclusives" would be out within months everywhere I decided I'll start collect later.

So with Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant in a 3-pack are they out as singles everywhere now? It's crazy how most places are cleared out.

Got Wrecking Ball and Dino Rang from Target today. Also got my shipment of Whirlwind, Drill Sargent, Double Trouble, and 2 Cynders today from Gamestop. They also screwed up and threw a free Flameslinger into my Cynder order. Bank error in my favor, I suppose.

[quote name='SteveGo']Got Wrecking Ball and Dino Rang from Target today. Also got my shipment of Whirlwind, Drill Sargent, Double Trouble, and 2 Cynders today from Gamestop. They also screwed up and threw a free Flameslinger into my Cynder order. Bank error in my favor, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Oh, that's my Flameslinger. Can you forward it on to me?

Walmart was cleaned out today except for Zap. Bleh.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Eventually, whether it's next year or 3-4 years from now Skylanders will be dead or at the very least the frenzy will just be a passive interest. At that point, even the supposedly out of print Legendary pack will be worth squat. Unless you plan to ride the wave and get lucky enough to sell at the peak, you're better off just acknowledging that Skylanders are not an investment.[/QUOTE]

So true, so true. I suspect that Skylanders will have pretty good legs though, and drive some slow burn sales beyond what is predicted. I think this will be helped along by an extended console lifecycle this gen. Keep in mind the number of Wii's Nintendo sold last Xmas season, and you can get sort of a longer view of how many still don't own a console, and how they may approach such a purchase.

If Activision plays their cards right, they could really stretch this out. It was super smart of them to attach this to an existing IP, pick-up some the same wireless tech from their Guitar Hero franchise, and direct the visual design and gameplay to be as accessible as possible, across the board.

This toy is new territory, so it should be fun to watch what happens either way.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Eventually, whether it's next year or 3-4 years from now Skylanders will be dead or at the very least the frenzy will just be a passive interest. At that point, even the supposedly out of print Legendary pack will be worth squat. Unless you plan to ride the wave and get lucky enough to sell at the peak, you're better off just acknowledging that Skylanders are not an investment.

#TulipMania

Beanie Babies
Furbies
Zhu Zhu Pets
etc.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're totally right.

[quote name='donssword']So true, so true. I suspect that Skylanders will have pretty good legs though, and drive some slow burn sales beyond what is predicted. I think this will be helped along by an extended console lifecycle this gen. Keep in mind the number of Wii's Nintendo sold last Xmas season, and you can get sort of a longer view of how many still don't own a console, and how they may approach such a purchase.

If Activision plays their cards right, they could really stretch this out. It was super smart of them to attach this to an existing IP, pick-up some the same wireless tech from their Guitar Hero franchise, and direct the visual design and gameplay to be as accessible as possible, across the board.

This toy is new territory, so it should be fun to watch what happens either way.[/QUOTE]

Yea i think the cool thing is its a toy and a video game in one also wonder what these giant skylanders are

[quote name='anthonyd46']another crazy thing is this:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?rt=n...&_sc=1&_sop=1&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m301

http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_nkw...sct=&LH_SALE_CURRENCY=0&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

bear in mind noone knows the exact release date nor have major stores taken pre orders yet.[/QUOTE]

That is just sick! Wonder who these people who actual pays at these outrageous price and not just wait when these are actually sold in stores. I would think by the time CAMO comes out, the supply has already caught up with the demand and will see these overflowing at stores.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']That is just sick! Wonder who these people who actual pays at these outrageous price and not just wait when these are actually sold in stores. I would think by the time CAMO comes out, the supply has already caught up with the demand and will see these overflowing at stores.[/QUOTE]

excatly plus u would think walmart.com would do the preorder like they did with cynder and some got it that way but to not at least try to find this one online or in a store and pay 90 dollars a month before its released that is insane. Plus who is to say this guy gets them theres no pic of the actual figure just a stock one.

[quote name='donssword']
If Activision plays their cards right, they could really stretch this out. [/QUOTE]

Activision? The company that rode Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk into oblivion and is trying to do the same with Call of Duty? That Activision? :lol: Skylanders will be dead in 3 years, tops. In the hands of another company, like Nintendo, it would be a permanent franchise, with a slow burn, for 20+ years.

fry's increased their price for some skylander figures.... they're now $8.99! Hope best buy, target, and walmart don't follow suit to the prices of gamestop, toysrus and now frys.

[quote name='Corvin']Activision? The company that rode Guitar Hero and Tony Hawk into oblivion and is trying to do the same with Call of Duty? That Activision? :lol: Skylanders will be dead in 3 years, tops. In the hands of another company, like Nintendo, it would be a permanent franchise, with a slow burn, for 20+ years.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Spider-man and Bond as well...

bread's done
Back