Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='Brother Daz']I found a S2 Spyro at target this morning. Finally done with the series 2 skylanders.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget Series 2 Drobot! :) He isn't out yet ...

Actually, there are a four not out:

Lightcore: Chill, Pop Fizz & Hex
Series 2: Drobot

and if you are into that sort of thing, a couple variants: Scarlet Ninjini and Polar Whirlwind. Both are out in Europe, and can be had fairly reasonably. Scarlet Ninjini was easy to obtain for a while as it was an Amazon Germany exclusive and could be ordered for about $22 total international shipped until they ran out. They will both be out here eventually, some inside people have indicated they won't be store exclusive like earlier variants, but who knows for now.

But yeah, the craze is dying down some, the game has been out over six months, practically everything is out and stock is plentiful. A far cry from last year's empty shelves. It still sells well, but Activision is keeping up with stock a great deal better so it does give the impression it isn't selling.

Ugh I hate you lol. We have the LC drobot so the boy will have to live with just him. I do think I'll get the LC hex since the boy broke a arm off our S1 hex. I'm not going to worry about all the other the variants.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Ugh I hate you lol. We have the LC drobot so the boy will have to live with just him. I do think I'll get the LC hex since the boy broke a arm off our S1 hex. I'm not going to worry about all the other the variants.[/QUOTE]

It's a very weird choice of last figures to be available, of those four, three of them have been available in a Giants package since day 1, the other day 2. Not exactly ones the average person would flock to the stores to pick up or create a great deal of news buzz. Drobot's Series 2 special ability is the only thing you cannot do in the game currently with a figure already out.

[quote name='spamfree2']I'm curious if and when the new giants sidekicks are released.[/QUOTE]

I saw something from someone that is familiar with the inner workings of Frito Lay that they will be in a very similar promotion as last year and similar timeframe. Obviously not confirmed yet.

[quote name='defpally']Don't forget Series 2 Drobot! :) He isn't out yet ...

Actually, there are a four not out:

Lightcore: Chill, Pop Fizz & Hex
Series 2: Drobot

and if you are into that sort of thing, a couple variants: Scarlet Ninjini and Polar Whirlwind. Both are out in Europe, and can be had fairly reasonably. Scarlet Ninjini was easy to obtain for a while as it was an Amazon Germany exclusive and could be ordered for about $22 total international shipped until they ran out. They will both be out here eventually, some inside people have indicated they won't be store exclusive like earlier variants, but who knows for now.

But yeah, the craze is dying down some, the game has been out over six months, practically everything is out and stock is plentiful. A far cry from last year's empty shelves. It still sells well, but Activision is keeping up with stock a great deal better so it does give the impression it isn't selling.[/QUOTE]

Been looking for the Polar Whirlwind, do you know where I can get it for a reasonable price (ebay is out since its ~$40) that can ship to the US?

Too bad my friend whom normally lives in the UK is in South korea right now (though having a friend in South korea has its benefits as well), I wonder what these retail for in europe because I could always ask another friend to get it for me. I think I will ask him just to see how much it would cost to get one to the USA.

Yeah I was in Target the other night and they had pretty much everything, they may have been out of a few figures and ninjini but other than that most was in stock, including many of giants like Thumpback and Eye brawl which from what I understand were hard to get at one point. Ninjini appears to not be available in any store around me but I am guessing in a month or 2 there will be more available. The exclusives are gone around here but the ebay prices on them have gone down a lot, I mean i got a Jade Flashwing for $12.50 shipped which is very close to retail price as part of my ebay electronics coupon.

Also can someone give me a rundown of the skylanders that are exclusive to the UK, that could still potentially be found at retail?

Also in case anyone hasn't heard, I think in a week or 2 Mcdonalds is starting a skylanders promo but apparently they won't work in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Is there any word on if Polar Whirlwind is coming to the U.S.?[/QUOTE]

No, but there are indications that at least Scarlet Ninjini will be available sometime in May as a non-store exclusive variant for a fairly limited time. It would make sense that Polar may follow to try and keep interest up.

If you need Polar Whirlwind now, you can use Amazon.de (some vendors ship international) or ebay.de to try and get a better price (keep in mind the Euro conversion when factoring in price).

Just got Zap and Drill Sgt. off eBay

Meeting someone from Craigslist tonight to get Zook and Slam Bam for $5 each!

So in the last couple days we have gotten:
EyeBrawl
Crusher
Bash S2
Double Trouble S2
Cynder S2
Flashwing
Chill
HotDog
Terrafin
Whirlwind
Zap
Drill Sgt.
Zook
Slam Bam

All for about $60, pretty happy with that.

[quote name='Only One Haze']Got a question about the Series 2 characters. I know they have the ability to switch paths, but is this available in Spyro's Adventure or only in Giants?[/QUOTE]

Only Giants..

I just found a darklight crypt at target! ;)

I haven't even started the first game yet but I've been watching for that pack in case I decide I really want it.

[quote name='my2k2zx2']Still cant find a Jade Flashwing. Have been to 4 different Targets in the last couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, Jade Flashwing is probably gone. They likely will not be getting more in if your Targets are sold out. A lot of people went El Hoardo on them, and it wasn't helped that they popped up on the website and in a few stores a couple weeks ahead of the sale papers. By the time they fixed it and street dated them, a good chunk of them were sold. They were pretty readily available the two weeks they were in the sale paper in most areas, but Target isn't known for restocking exclusives - they are a once and done kind of place, unlike Walmart.

Your best chance of finding them at retail is to get lucky at a store that still has them.

I have thought about picking up some Skylanders, I'm more tempted by the Disney coming out though. My wife loves Disney and I think that'd be a good way to get her to play it.

Man, bought Terrafin and Slam Bam used and totally forgot that you need their levels to get the Soul Gem...Oh well, the soul gem ability for those 2 isnt all that great anyway.

Happy Meal toys are out here now, also the happy meal was on sale for $1.99 (hamburger) so you can get the toys pretty cheap at least where I am, not sure if this applies to all McD's. Thankfully my grandmother is willing to eat the food, I know you can buy the toy without the food but its much easier to get the food as well.Can't believe the happy meal went up to $3.19 regular price, that is extremely costly for what you get.

[quote name='SaraAB']Happy Meal toys are out here now, also the happy meal was on sale for $1.99 (hamburger) so you can get the toys pretty cheap at least where I am, not sure if this applies to all McD's. Thankfully my grandmother is willing to eat the food, I know you can buy the toy without the food but its much easier to get the food as well.Can't believe the happy meal went up to $3.19 regular price, that is extremely costly for what you get.[/QUOTE]

My wife just asked the manager after my sons soccer game if she could just buy a set and he said sure. The toys were $1.69 each in my area so to us that was a much better deal to get them that way.

[quote name='Brother Daz']How well made are they?[/QUOTE]

They are not that bad. A lot of them are spring loaded shooters like Gil Grunt and Spryo. And Tree Rex seems pretty solid and he lights up at the end of his gun arm. They are the only ones I have seen my son play with so far. I think she said the whole set cost like $17.00 and there are nine toys total.

[quote name='SaraAB']Can't believe the happy meal went up to $3.19 regular price, that is extremely costly for what you get.[/QUOTE]

What?! To me it seems insanely cheap for a burger, a few fries, a toy, a drink, the packaging and all of the other costs that go into it (employee wages, overhead, etc.). To put it in perspective, it is approximately 1/3 of ONE MINUTE of my billable hour at work! :D

[quote name='Javery']What?! To me it seems insanely cheap for a burger, a few fries, a toy, a drink, the packaging and all of the other costs that go into it (employee wages, overhead, etc.). To put it in perspective, it is approximately 1/3 of ONE MINUTE of my billable hour at work! :D[/QUOTE]

And apple slices!

[quote name='SaraAB']Can't believe the happy meal went up to $3.19 regular price, that is extremely costly for what you get.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Javery']What?! To me it seems insanely cheap for a burger, a few fries, a toy, a drink, the packaging and all of the other costs that go into it (employee wages, overhead, etc.). To put it in perspective, it is approximately 1/3 of ONE MINUTE of my billable hour at work! :D[/QUOTE]

I agree with Javery. I was surprised that their Happy Meals were only a little over $3. Every other place wants closer to $4 or more and McDonald's usually has better toys. When I go to Wendy's, a lot of times, I just order the nuggets by themselves because there is a big difference from the nuggets to the kid's meal, and their toys suck. At McD's, it's a no-brainer to just go ahead and get the happy meal as it's not much more. I did get upset that they changed it from getting fries or apples to getting half orders of both. My son never ate the fries much, so they always went to waste, so I would have rather him have more of the apples. But now he's eating the fries more. Although if he didn't have the fries, he would never eat them and just stick with the apples. Now he argues about wanting fries instead of apples at Wendy's. So I get the idea of having both, now, though I wonder if he would have ever cared about getting fries at Wendy's if he didn't get them at McD's.

I think the idea of getting fries and apples is just so that they didn't mess up your order, back when they were doing fries or apples we would always get the wrong one or we would get both. Now they just give both so there is no question about it.

I am not going into the health reasons on it because well its McD's, you don't expect it to be healthy...

Wendy's had Pokemon once but the worst toys ever were at Taco Bell, and I am not even sure if they do toys anymore. Come to think of it I think Taco Bell had a digimon promotion once which was screwed up so badly that I was not even given toys with my meals since they didn't have any at all.

[quote name='SaraAB']I think the idea of getting fries and apples is just so that they didn't mess up your order, back when they were doing fries or apples we would always get the wrong one or we would get both. Now they just give both so there is no question about it.

I am not going into the health reasons on it because well its McD's, you don't expect it to be healthy...

Wendy's had Pokemon once but the worst toys ever were at Taco Bell, and I am not even sure if they do toys anymore. Come to think of it I think Taco Bell had a digimon promotion once which was screwed up so badly that I was not even given toys with my meals since they didn't have any at all.[/QUOTE]

I think Taco Bell still has toys. Not sure of the quality, though, as we never get kids meals there. Finally got my son to eat a cheese roll-up (which is expensive for what it is), but he'd rather have 2 instead of the stuff that comes with the meal, which is cheaper for me. Wendy's, by far, has to have the worst toys (at least from the main fast food restaurants), and they end up repeating the same stuff over and over again. Most of the time, they end up getting thrown away. As for your issue with Taco Bell not having the toys, I've seen the same with McDs. Though usually later in the promotion. It's funny that when they had Ben 10 toys, we tried to get them all (since my son was obsessed with Ben 10 at the time). We got a few, then they kept giving him Pokémon toys because they ran out. Several months later (maybe even a year later), they ran out of whatever promotion was running at the time and gave him Ben 10 toys! That's why, this time, I'm considering just buying the toys. I already bought one straight up (even though I think $1.69 is a bit much compared to the whole cost of the meal). That way we're not eating there every other day, and I have a higher chance of getting them all.

Yeah if they have a really popular promotion it will be very popular and might run out, at least I have heard of most of the McD toys, the Taco bell and Wendy's ones are pretty much unknown stuff to me and some of it is even generic. Actually I don't even know what they have at these 2 places these days as I don't really eat there anymore (and probably the only thing that will get me there is a good promo I am interested in, lol). I eat at subway and they have toys but sometimes you get a lunch bag or something else other than a toy. The last promo I did was probably the Pokemon McD's one of 2011 only because it had been so long since Pokemon was featured in a fast food meal.

The neopets McD's one was killer, and probably some of the best toys, I think they ran this one a couple times throughout the years, but neopets seems to be a dying franchise now so I doubt they will do it again. The neopets toys were plush toys and they had codes on them you could enter into the website to get stuff on your account, also there was a checklist that you could fill in on the website based on how many toys you had. I just remember this being a really long promo, I think it lasted way more than a month.

Need we forget the infamous Burger King pokemon promo of 1999 where they recalled the Pokeballs because parents would place the plastic ball in a crib with their kid and they would choke on it? And the crazy beanie baby promos, again, I ahd all of them. I had a seriously crazy amount of these toys (pokemon), some with the balls, I probably had a couple bags full by the time the promo was done. I didn't turn in the recalled toy for the free french fries they were offering. Also I would constantly find these at yard sales, so I had even more, again at least 3-4 grocery bags full of these toys.

We have a couple McD's locations here, one is extremely popular, the other is not as popular. Not sure which one I should be hitting for skylanders. Although, as another person said on here I can probably just pick up the toys for a quarter at yard sales or possibly even get them for free at a bag sale or yard sale as sometimes they give these things away.

:lol: I completely stumbled on the Skylanders Happy Meal toys by accident a few days ago while on vacation with my 5 year-old and was going to come in here and tell you guys about them but it seems you are all over it.

Seriously, I go into McDonalds like once every two years so me happening to go in right when they have first 3 Skylanders toys is a pretty freak coincidence. I was in Arizona with my son and wanted to get him a quick ice cream sundae so stopped in there. I ended up getting him a Happy Meal to get the toy and completely forgot you could just buy the toys (like we used to do with the Teenie Beanies). My son ended up throwing up all the food in the rental car later so I wish I had just done that to begin with. But at least I remembered before we left that and did buy the other 2 (Tree Rex and Spyro) after getting Gill Grunt it the Happy Meal.

They were only $1.17 or so at this McD in Arizona - definitely a much better deal than a Crappy Meal with food poisoning!

So now that I'm home I'll just stop in to the local McD and see if I can buy the rest. They are a great way to let the kids physically play "Skylanders" without using the actual game figures. Plus they shoot little projectiles (Gill Grunt and Spyro anyway) which is more fun than the static game figures!

[quote name='ajh2298']A couple of MCD's in my area are already out of stock of the Skylanders toys and are giving out back-ups.[/QUOTE]

I finally got around to checking one out this afternoon and they only had #8 (Ignitor). And this one charged $1.95 for the toy by itself. Wow - that is almost too much but given how they are running OOS I figured I better get it. In contrast, I got 3 ice cream sundaes for my kids for $3.57. Prices seem out of whack a bit there ;).

So now we have 1-3 and 8. I'll have to see if my local McD has some of the others but it might just be too late.

[quote name='ajh2298']A couple of MCD's in my area are already out of stock of the Skylanders toys and are giving out back-ups.[/QUOTE]

What toy did you get? If you got the first 3 Skylanders (Tree Rex, Gill Grunt, & Spyro), then you're probably fine. They're releasing them a few at a time. I'm not sure how people are getting them all. The first 3 were all I could get at any McDonalds for the first week. I'm not sure when they switch them, as my in-laws got our son an Ignitor earlier in the week. I went today and got Crusher. It could vary between McDonalds, too (as my in-laws live in another town). I was wondering what toy you got, as I was wondering if it was just the wrong toy, as they are running two promotions right now (Skylanders for boys and Fijit for girls). I think it's funny that I have a boy and girl and have to order both Happy Meals for boys as my girl would rather have the Skylanders figures. I was going to get 2 of each and put one set up, as my daughter is only 2 and usually doesn't care about the toy as much past the first few minutes. But she likes the Skylanders, so we're getting them both one to keep from fighting. I'm actually liking these McDonalds toys as everytime my son is playing Skylanders, my daughter wants to play with them and take them off the portal. Now we just hand her one of the McDonalds toys and she's happy.

[quote name='obidawsn']What toy did you get? If you got the first 3 Skylanders (Tree Rex, Gill Grunt, & Spyro), then you're probably fine. They're releasing them a few at a time. I'm not sure how people are getting them all. The first 3 were all I could get at any McDonalds for the first week. I'm not sure when they switch them, as my in-laws got our son an Ignitor earlier in the week. I went today and got Crusher. It could vary between McDonalds, too (as my in-laws live in another town). I was wondering what toy you got, as I was wondering if it was just the wrong toy, as they are running two promotions right now (Skylanders for boys and Fijit for girls). I think it's funny that I have a boy and girl and have to order both Happy Meals for boys as my girl would rather have the Skylanders figures. I was going to get 2 of each and put one set up, as my daughter is only 2 and usually doesn't care about the toy as much past the first few minutes. But she likes the Skylanders, so we're getting them both one to keep from fighting. I'm actually liking these McDonalds toys as everytime my son is playing Skylanders, my daughter wants to play with them and take them off the portal. Now we just hand her one of the McDonalds toys and she's happy.[/QUOTE]

My area has all nine toys since the first day of the promo. My wife was able to buy a complete set the second or third that they were giving them out. We are now trying to get extras for when they brake or when my son loses the pieces that shoot out.

We were able to get two Chop-Chops today after my sons soccer game. But the store would not sale any individuality as extras.

Last week I got Drobot and this week I got Jet-vac. I was able to see the toys from the register and they only had Jet-vac in the bin at this location. I will be trying another location tomorrow.

TRU will have Scarlet Ninjini on 5/19. Limit to 1 per guest. No street date in the system yet so there is always that chance that some stores could put these on the floor early by mistake.

TRU will have Scarlet Ninjini on 5/19. As always, there is that chance that they could end up on the floor early as there is no street date in the system as of yet.

20130509_110234.jpg

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will have Scarlet Ninjini on 5/19. As always, there is that chance that they could end up on the floor early as there is no street date in the system as of yet.

20130509_110234.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Don't want to get this one but will end up getting it anyways. Do you know if they will have any sales that week on Skylanders in general?

Do you know if Spryos and Wrecking Balls will be restocked in Wave 5?

Also any word on the Lightcore versions of Pop Fizz, Hex and series 2 Drobot?

Thanks,
Anthony

[quote name='ajh2298']Don't want to get this one but will end up getting it anyways. Do you know if they will have any sales that week on Skylanders in general?

Do you know if Spryos and Wrecking Balls will be restocked in Wave 5?

Also any word on the Lightcore versions of Pop Fizz, Hex and series 2 Drobot?

Thanks,
Anthony[/QUOTE]

The ad preview we get does mention a sale that week, but doesn't go into any detail about any Skylander info. No word on any other figures at the moment.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will have Scarlet Ninjini on 5/19. As always, there is that chance that they could end up on the floor early as there is no street date in the system as of yet.

20130509_110234.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I found one at target on the floor yesterday and it wouldn't ring up because of the 5/19 street date. Walked out disappointed.

At least three of the Gamestops in my area around DFW had a bunch of Scarlet Ninjini characters today. Most of them were going to people on wait lists.

A Target employee told me to come back for the regular the Scarlet Ninjini character on 5/19.

[quote name='ajh2298']Don't want to get this one but will end up getting it anyways. Do you know if they will have any sales that week on Skylanders in general?

[/QUOTE]

Stores are to limit Scarlet to 1 per person. It's always up the each individual store as to whether or not they follow suit.

For the week of 5/19

All Skylander Giants starter sets are $34.99

All Skylander figures and accessories are Buy 1 Get 1 60%

Need advice:

Can score a complete sealed "Darklight Crypt" for $55.00 shipped or loose but complete for $50.00. What should I do? This would be to open and play with for my son, and this would be the last figure he would need to complete a basic set of guys for the first game.

[quote name='prim4444']Stores are to limit Scarlet to 1 per person. It's always up the each individual store as to whether or not they follow suit.

For the week of 5/19

All Skylander Giants starter sets are $34.99

All Skylander figures and accessories are Buy 1 Get 1 60%[/QUOTE]

Much better deals than Target. However, I'm completely broke :(. It probably didn't help that I just had a birthday party for my son, and I realized how many gifts I had bought him over the last few months. Funny thing was that he was so expecting certain Skylanders (ones that I had gotten him, and somehow he had figured out) that I decided to hide them and let him open all the other gifts. As I figured, he tore through the other gifts, looking for the Skylanders and wouldn't even bother looking in the last package when he realized it didn't have any in it. I tried to use it as a lesson to be appreciative of what you have. I'm not sure how well that went over, though. Then I went and got the gifts with the Skylanders and was overwhelmed by the number of boxes (most of which had 2 or more). Luckily he got some money for his birthday, so maybe I'll let him go to TRU next week and pick out a couple. Though I also hoped to let him get the Dragonfire Cannon while BB.com still had it cheap, and maybe a lightcore or two. He ended up getting an extra Crusher for his birthday, which I was going to let him exchange at Walmart for an Empire of Ice set, but he ended up opening in, anyway before I could tell him what he could trade it for. Oh well. I'm not really sure what to get at TRU, anyway, unless they get some different ones in. He has most of them, now, except for the really hard to find ones (Darklight Crypt, Boomer, etc.). Though I'm sure If he sees a Scarlet Ninjini, he'll want it. He thought I was going to get him one for his birthday, not knowing it wasn't out, yet. I was lucky to get a Ninjini, as I have yet to see one hanging in a store. I just happened to find a couple of cases that Sams Club had hidden underneath the shelves with the games that had Ninjini in them.

Found a Scarlet Ninjini at one of my local Gamestops today kind of jive that they are charging $15.99 for it. I ended up picking up two one for my son and maybe one to e-bay to help offset the cost. I also picked up a series two Hex to get over $40.00 and got two more of the minis since my son already has a complete set I might throw those on e-bay also.

What is my best bet to get one of these, they don't seem to be retailer exclusive so I know eBay sales will tank super fast so I am not interested in picking up more than one for myself.

bread's done
Back