Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

[quote name='Mr. bubble']I called the number and was asked to say my name and address, but it ended abruptly after finishing that, no mention about winning. Does that mean I didn't win? :([/QUOTE]

It will ask you to press 1. then press 1 again. Then enter your DOB MMDDYYYY format. It will say hang on, then it will say if you won or not. After that if you win, it'll say say your first + last name (spell your last) and address. Then hang up.

I've been told you can call once per day per phone. It will allow you to win multiple times but I'm afraid they'll sort out the duplicates and invalidate multiple winnings. So I only called one :)

I won and gave them my address...we'll see if I ever get anything.

Also was able to order an Ignitor for in-store pickup off Wal-mart.com today, so if that goes through and my amazon order for the 3 new ones goes through I'll finally have them all.

edit: I think I screwed up the Frito-Lay thing, lol. When it asked for my street address I gave my entire address, then when it asked for the city, state, zip I gave them that again. Maybe they'll figure it out. Eh...I had my dad call and he won, too, so I'll at least have one going to his house.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JaylisJayP']I won and gave them my address...we'll see if I ever get anything.

Also was able to order an Ignitor for in-store pickup off Wal-mart.com today, so if that goes through and my amazon order for the 3 new ones goes through I'll finally have them all.

edit: I think I screwed up the Frito-Lay thing, lol. When it asked for my street address I gave my entire address, then when it asked for the city, state, zip I gave them that again. Maybe they'll figure it out. Eh...I had my dad call and he won, too, so I'll at least have one going to his house.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing, lol...

^^^ wait what? Doesn't it say Name spell out last name + address? I gave them all. Stayed for the crickets then nothing. So I hang up...

[quote name='Bezerker']Youre supposed to hit # after each piece of info.

I gave my entire address when it asked for my street, ah well.[/QUOTE]

Same here - I though it might just be the street but I didn't want to not say it and then have that be the end.

Oh yeah, and, obviously, I "won" too - seems odd that everyone wins.

Also, it says in the beginning that the promo has been going since April 2nd - how the hell did we miss this!?

Also just said I won "a Skylander figure" with no specifics...

[quote name='superoreo']It will ask you to press 1. then press 1 again. Then enter your DOB MMDDYYYY format. It will say hang on, then it will say if you won or not. After that if you win, it'll say say your first + last name (spell your last) and address. Then hang up.

I've been told you can call once per day per phone. It will allow you to win multiple times but I'm afraid they'll sort out the duplicates and invalidate multiple winnings. So I only called one :)[/QUOTE]

Ok cool.

I was on my cell phone and playing around with the speaker option during the call. I guess I didn't hear if I won, but if they asked me for me address then I'm going to assume I won. :x

[quote name='io']Same here - I though it might just be the street but I didn't want to not say it and then have that be the end.

Oh yeah, and, obviously, I "won" too - seems odd that everyone wins.

Also, it says in the beginning that the promo has been going since April 2nd - how the hell did we miss this!?

Also just said I won "a Skylander figure" with no specifics...[/QUOTE]

I also added the city/state to the address. The instructions weren't too clear that they would be asking for it after and likewise I'd rather give it and it not be needed than not give it and they don't have it. Let's hope the data entry people don't get too lazy, but from the sounds of it they will be seeing this ALOT.

It does seem a little odd everyone wins, but when you look at it, exactly how much are they paying for these figures? I'm sure they will come in loose, cheap bulk shipping and not retail boxes. A co-advertising venture between Frito-Lay and Activision where we happily give them our valid home address and there is no disclaimer to say they won't use it for direct mail purposes. I fully expect coupons and advertisements from both of them in the future. Also, they are complete control of how many "winners" they have, so you can bet they have them in bulk. Also factor in how many bags of chips they sell and people that discover Skylanders from this. It's a complete win for them and they make us happy with a figure that probably costs about a dollar to make and ship, tops.

I won the game too, by calling the number, it seems everyone wins, but if its free I will take it because I will likely possess the game at some point in the future.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Camo Warnado and Ignitor triple packs have hit local Best Buy stores![/QUOTE]

SoCal by any chance?

Well, stopped by my local BBY and no such luck on the new 3-pack. They did have the Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook one though.

[quote name='SaraAB']I won the game too, by calling the number, it seems everyone wins, but if its free I will take it because I will likely possess the game at some point in the future.[/QUOTE]

Not quite everyone (or at least not every time though it seems like the majority of them) - my wife called the second number after I won on the first and did not win. Then she called the first number again with her cell phone and won.

[quote name='io']Well, stopped by my local BBY and no such luck on the new 3-pack. They did have the Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook one though.

Not quite everyone - my wife called the second number after I won on the first and did not win. Then she called the first number again with her cell phone and won.[/QUOTE]Did you see the Chop Chop, Eruptor, Bash triple pack too? If so, the Camo triple was probably on the floor and sold.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Did you see the Chop Chop, Eruptor, Bash triple pack too? If so, the Camo triple was probably on the floor and sold.[/QUOTE]

No, just Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook and Voodood/Prism Break/Boomer. And all the singles that have been there for a few weeks now (Wrecking Ball, Hex, etc).

We tend not to get stuff first around here. I will be checking out another Best Buy tomorrow and will have more time to ask them if they ever had them (I was rushed tonight and couldn't ask the game guy about them). I know in the past they've had stuff in the back too - would suck if I missed out because they were in a box just waiting to be put out. That particular game guy has checked on stuff like that for me before.

I did just get a shipping notice for Warnado and Camo from Amazon so everyone who ordered those on the 18th expect that soon. They should be here Friday.

[quote name='io']No, just Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook and Voodood/Prism Break/Boomer. And all the singles that have been there for a few weeks now (Wrecking Ball, Hex, etc).

We tend not to get stuff first around here. I will be checking out another Best Buy tomorrow and will have more time to ask them if they ever had them (I was rushed tonight and couldn't ask the game guy about them). I know in the past they've had stuff in the back too - would suck if I missed out because they were in a box just waiting to be put out. That particular game guy has checked on stuff like that for me before.

I did just get a shipping notice for Warnado and Camo from Amazon so everyone who ordered those on the 18th expect that soon. They should be here Friday.[/QUOTE]

I ordered camo,warnado and wham shell on the 18th.

Nothing yet.Hopefully i get my shipping notice soon

[quote name='icpmattj']I ordered camo,warnado and wham shell on the 18th.

Nothing yet.Hopefully i get my shipping notice soon[/QUOTE]

me too, still waiting. There's no chance in hell I'll cancel that order myself, though, lol.

[quote name='superoreo']It will ask you to press 1. then press 1 again. Then enter your DOB MMDDYYYY format. It will say hang on, then it will say if you won or not. After that if you win, it'll say say your first + last name (spell your last) and address. Then hang up.

I've been told you can call once per day per phone. It will allow you to win multiple times but I'm afraid they'll sort out the duplicates and invalidate multiple winnings. So I only called one :)[/QUOTE]

Hot damn, I just won too. Crazy! How did I not hear about this until now?

[quote name='berzirk']Hot damn, I just won too. Crazy! How did I not hear about this until now?[/QUOTE]

Actually sorry I haven't updated that post. Apparently a lot of us made the mistake and the first address it asks is ONLY the street number and name then you hit #. Then city and so on. Sorry!

I didn't call back but I'm taking my chances that they'll just go off of the full VM anyway :(

[quote name='monstermog']http://www.amazon.com/Activision-Skylanders-Adventure-PlayStation-3-6305700630490063092006306200/dp/B007EMKC14/ref=sr_1_15?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1335472439&sr=1-15

First time I've seen the Ignitor single pack available. Get'm before they're gone![/QUOTE]

Thanks - still in stock 2 hours later (says 50+).

I missed this the first time and was sure I missed it this time. I was on CAG and everything too when you posted - just checked the thread now though. With Camo/Warnado arriving Friday and this arriving Saturday, we're pretty much set till Giants!

Wow, nice, Amazon already shipped Ignitor with a delivery date of tomorrow! That be 1-day service (for free).

Boo Activision... So, I already had 36/37 of my Skylanders loaded in my DS cart. Have 165/165 Crystals (which, of course, includes all of the expansion pack levels). 5/5 Seekers Rescued (and the full game beat). 41/41 hats found, 37/37 scrolls discovered...

Loaded the last figure in... and... nothing. Not even a message telling me how awesome it is I did *everything* in the game (well, aside from leveling every single character to 10... but, meh.).

[quote name='superoreo']Actually sorry I haven't updated that post. Apparently a lot of us made the mistake and the first address it asks is ONLY the street number and name then you hit #. Then city and so on. Sorry!

I didn't call back but I'm taking my chances that they'll just go off of the full VM anyway :([/QUOTE]

I just called and won too! I hope they make good on this promotion and send out the flocked Stump Smash. I got fooled also by the address question. I'm sure it will be fine.

[quote name='UncleBob']Boo Activision... So, I already had 36/37 of my Skylanders loaded in my DS cart. Have 165/165 Crystals (which, of course, includes all of the expansion pack levels). 5/5 Seekers Rescued (and the full game beat). 41/41 hats found, 37/37 scrolls discovered...

Loaded the last figure in... and... nothing. Not even a message telling me how awesome it is I did *everything* in the game (well, aside from leveling every single character to 10... but, meh.).[/QUOTE]

I remember being so incredibly sucked in by Super Mario Galaxy 2 that after I got all 120 stars and saw that it unlocked another 120 stars I felt obligated to go through and get them all. I finished the game getting all 242 stars with the final star being one of the biggest pains of all time and all I got was a little message on the Wii main menu. I don't know what I expected but it felt very anti-climactic.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I remember being so incredibly sucked in by Super Mario Galaxy 2 that after I got all 120 stars and saw that it unlocked another 120 stars I felt obligated to go through and get them all. I finished the game getting all 242 stars with the final star being one of the biggest pains of all time and all I got was a little message on the Wii main menu. I don't know what I expected but it felt very anti-climactic.[/QUOTE]

Oh geez, that's one of the few games I quit in disgust. I got almost all of them except for that one in the S level where you have to wall jump and spin in the air to make the other side appear then repeat all the way to the top. If there was some way I could map the spin to a damn button it would have been gravy. But no, we have to waggle to spin, and that is one of the least responsive ways I can think of to do something that critical to success.

The 3DS Skylanders game is fun, but not a lot of replay or anything special for completion of the collection. As a matter of fact, completion negatively affects the game. One of my main complaints is that once you collect all of the shards in a level it turns into permanent Hektore speed run mode. I haven't found a way to turn it off short of starting a new game. My son loves Skylanders but he likes it when we have opened all of the levels so he can play the ones he likes and now my save file is stuck in "expert speed run" mode. I'd like it if you could completely disable Hektore for a level after you beat him in the end - it would be a lot less frustrating for him, after trying it a few times he just took it out and put Mario Kart 7 back in.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Camo Warnado and Ignitor triple packs have hit local Best Buy stores![/QUOTE]

Crap... time to search. Anybody need just Ignitor? lol

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Crap... time to search. Anybody need just Ignitor? lol[/QUOTE]

I still do if my wal-mart order gets canceled.

Nevermind, I just realized Amazon had them in-stock, ordered one there as a backup and will return my Wal-Mart one.

Saw Camo and Warnado at Gamestop today, the very day that my Amazon order arrived.

Meanwhile, my GS.com order from April 5th still has not shipped :rofl:. I need to cancel that - wanted to be sure Amazon came through first.

My son started playing Skylanders again for the first time a couple of weeks because he got 3 new figs today (the third was Ignitor from Amazon that I ordered late Wednesday night and got less than 2 days later).

Found a Wham-Shell at a GameStop in North Dallas and a Camo/Ignitor/Warnado Triple Pack at a GameStop in Plano. Many of the stores I called had the Triple Pack but only one had the Wham-Shell. The only three I need to complete my collection are Camo, Warnado and BLue Bash Single Packs. Blue Bash isn's a "must have" so he'll be the last one I get.

Do you guys think Skylanders just a fad or that it will be around a long time. My niece and nephew keep wanting these but I don't play it myself.

Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that we will see half a dozen clones come out this holiday?

Picked up a Camo/Ignitor/Warnado triple pack at Wal-Mart after work; was the only one they had. So I headed home and was going to cancel my Amazon order of those two. Only to see that they had shipped while I was at work as well.

So I dunno if I'll take the triple pack back to Wal-Mart or what; I really don't want to mess with doing that. (I already have Ignitor). Maybe I'll find someone to trade me a dragon's peak for it or something.

[quote name='Blaster man']Do you guys think Skylanders just a fad or that it will be around a long time. My niece and nephew keep wanting these but I don't play it myself.

Anyone else have a sneaking suspicion that we will see half a dozen clones come out this holiday?[/QUOTE]

Well, there's a sequel coming out. It'll remain popular as long as they release new stuff for it, then it'll fade away. If you're not a figure collector I don't see much reason to get them all, let alone keep them sealed. The won't be worth anything save for the gold ones maybe.

Still waiting on my Amazon order for Warnado/Camo/Wham Shell. I guess if I saw them at Gamestop I'd buy them there since I have credit, but otherwise I'll just keep the order until they get them in stock. If the fact that the Ignitor is STILL in stock this evening is any indication, then they'll be plenty of all of them eventually.

bread's done
Back