Skylanders - Toys brought to life, Cross-platform Connectivity *Giants Out Now*

Wow, that video has been out since August 30th and I didn't see it until today.

Can anybody find the picture of the collector sheet he has? I am looking but I can not find it.

The new thread that was created with the character names states that the new regular size characters in Giants will be compatible with the first game. That's the first I had heard of it, but I'm inclined to agree with you on the matter.

[quote name='thelonepig']The new thread that was created with the character names states that the new regular size characters in Giants will be compatible with the first game. That's the first I had heard of it, but I'm inclined to agree with you on the matter.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I fixed that. The picture of the packaging shows otherwise.

Each figure has a small area dedicated to showing you what the character works with.
The only characters that work on both games are the ones from Spyro's Adventure and the Upcoming Series 2 reposes of them.

So what new characters do you like based on looks? I think they did well with most of them comapred to the last series. I think I'll like Swarm in game but don't really like the figure itself.

Favorites:
Hot Dog
Chill
Bouncer
Fright Rider
Shroomboom
Sprocket

Dumbest/Worst Looking:
Flashwing

New Trigger Happy:
Pop Fizz

I thought collecting all 37 different variants was crazy last game. Seeing as there are at least 52 new variants for this game, it's going to get pretty ridiculous on the wallet.

I am going to hope that do to the crazy success of the last game, Activision is going to do a much better job of making sure stock for the new characters is better. We can only hope more retailers will implement logical limits as well. I think there should be a limit of 2 for each unique package, but if retailers do use limits it will probably be completely dumb like limit two character packs. Oh well, kind of excited to begin the hunt all over again.

Anyone find it odd that Wham-Shell isn't being reposed? When this is all said and done, I bet he still ends up being the hardest to come by. I can almost guarantee that with all the reposes they will discontinue the original stock pretty shortly into the new games cycle to make room on store shelves.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']I am going to hope that do to the crazy success of the last game, Activision is going to do a much better job of making sure stock for the new characters is better.[/QUOTE]

I am pretty darn certain that the stock issues were and are strategic, and will be so for Giants as well.

Just a heads up for anyone that has procrastinated on the Sidekicks, I've noticed the bags are disappearing from store shelves this week. Might want to stop and grab some.

I picked up one final bag to hopefully complete 2 full sets.

[quote name='Corvin']Just a heads up for anyone that has procrastinated on the Sidekicks, I've noticed the bags are disappearing from store shelves this week. Might want to stop and grab some.

I picked up one final bag to hopefully complete 2 full sets.[/QUOTE]

I figured the promo was more or less over. I haven't seen the bags in weeks and I was one short of getting a second set. And I doubt I'll even have 1 set put together because they didn't send me Terrabite from my initial 4 really early on. I got 2 Trigger Happys instead. So we have been using my in-laws address to get the second set and I've been putting Terrabite first on all the forms. I still have the 3rd form to send in and can't find another pack of chips for the 4th. They are all back to being plain packages again (looked at 3-4 different stores).

In other news, I finally preordered Skylanders Giants on Amazon. I figred the Starter Pack was worth it because of the extra characters (not to mention portal). Of course I don't need a portal - I have like 3 or 4 of them :lol:. One of the characters is a rehash and I refuse to get into collecting all the new versions of old characters but I think I'll be forced to since they are being crammed into the bundles and 3-packs. What a scum-suckingly evil move that is ;). I have a feeling all the 3-packs will have a rehash tossed in. I went over this before - they are also going to include more "useless" pieces like that dragonfire cannon in the Gamestop pack (which I also preordered just because I figured it would be scarce). So, in effect, you end up paying $25 for just one character (since that pack has rehashed Chop Chop and the useless "battle/magic" piece).

But apparently they have begun a big advertizing push on the channels my kids watch. So my plan to save the starter pack for my son's Nov. 23rd birthday has been foiled. Again, fuck you Activision!

[quote name='io']I figured the promo was more or less over. I haven't seen the bags in weeks and I was one short of getting a second set. And I doubt I'll even have 1 set put together because they didn't send me Terrabite from my initial 4 really early on. I got 2 Trigger Happys instead. So we have been using my in-laws address to get the second set and I've been putting Terrabite first on all the forms. I still have the 3rd form to send in and can't find another pack of chips for the 4th. They are all back to being plain packages again (looked at 3-4 different stores).[/QUOTE]

I've got a sealed, spare Terrabite if none of your forms happen to come through.

I've got one more mystery figure on the way. They cashed my check three or four weeks ago, so hopefully it'll be here soon.

[quote name='thelonepig']I've got a sealed, spare Terrabite if none of your forms happen to come through.

I've got one more mystery figure on the way. They cashed my check three or four weeks ago, so hopefully it'll be here soon.[/QUOTE]

It might be a while before I find out, but I'd appreciate it. One of my boys was asking where they were (so far I've only given the kids Trigger Happy - I was waiting till I got the rest in and was planning on putting them into upcoming birthday presents). You could probably have any of the others in exchange (though all I have 2 of at this moment is Trigger Happy).

I found another Skylanders Frito pack at Target tonight. They didn't have any a few days ago and today they had 2 on the bottom shelf. So I got one more to make it 8 total. We'll see if I get Terrabite out of it. It seems if they ran out of that in like July (when I first requested it) then I won't get one now. But who knows, maybe they were just out for a short time.

In other news, I think I am definitely going to cancel my Gamestop preorder of their "exclusive" 3-pack. I took a closer look at the new figures on the site and what GS was selling and there are even more annoying things I discovered. I didn't realize they were releasing lightcore and non-lightcore versions of even the newer small figures. That is just plain stupid. I thought the lightcore would be the incentive to rebuy old figures. But no, even on those they will have new poses (Series 2) and lightcore on some.

But both Jet Vac (in the Starter Pack) and Shroom Boom (the one in the GS exclusive pack) will have lightcore versions. Of course the ones in the starter pack and GS 3-pack are not the light core versions. Now, it could be they won't release those until much later. But, even though I got every original figure, I'm not going to give in to this cash grab and get Shroom Boom for $25 (packed in with those other 2 worthless pieces - Series 2 Chop Chop and a piece that unlocks a multiplayer battle arena which I assume is like the Volcanic Vault) if it isn't even the ligthcore version.

I will go ahead and buy all the Giants as soon as I see them. But I'm going to cool it on the smaller figures and wait for the lightcore versions or single packs at the very least.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to get the game at launch, you might want to look at Walmart's offering. Their starter pack includes glow-in-the-dark Cynder (in her new pose) and apparently a glow-in-the-dark Portal.

[quote name='Salamando3000']If you're going to get the game at launch, you might want to look at Walmart's offering. Their starter pack includes glow-in-the-dark Cynder (in her new pose) and apparently a glow-in-the-dark Portal.[/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting - but I preordered at Amazon to use my trade-in credit (from all the high values they had a few weeks back on GBA ans GC games). Odd that Walmart would have a different Starter Pack though.

I don't see anything about a glow in the dark portal, just the fig. Forced bundles usually suck but at least this one guarantees you a second Giant.

[quote name='Corvin']I don't see anything about a glow in the dark portal, just the fig. Forced bundles usually suck but at least this one guarantees you a second Giant.[/QUOTE]

Non-bundle version: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Skylander...-Walmart-Exclusive-PS3-PlayStation-3/21295771

The added giant comes out to $13.04, but the negative is that you can't choose. That may be moot depending on how these are released though. I assume we can expect phased releases like last time instead of launching all characters at the same time.

My daughter is currently begging for Shroomboom, Hot Dog, and Ninjini.

I can confirm that Frito Lays is holding to the four per household restriction on the Sidekicks. I sent a spare form in, having accidentally filled it out with my address as opposed to my in-laws and figured I'd give it a shot anyway.

Instead I got a check for $2 and a note saying that I am no longer eligible. :(

And finally - three posts in a row - I ran across the Skylanders Wiki which purports the following variants (complete with screen shots):

Punch Pop Fizz (3DS exclusive)
Legendary Slam Bam
Legendary Jet-Vac
Legendary Ignitor
Legendary Chill
Legendary Bouncer
Legendary Stealth Elf
Gnarly Tree Rex (PS3 bundle exclusive)
Granite Crusher

Source: http://skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Skylanders

Saw the advertisement for giants at Walmart located over their security things by the door, pretty sure the portal is not flow in the dark. I could be wrong.

Now i need to decide where to actually preorder this from

still need chop chop. Impossible to find as a single, may have to buy used or get the 3 pack and sell off the other two

Edit; looks like maybe just the lower ring is glow in the dark, maybe the surface
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=57482&page=1

[quote name='shadowkast']Saw the advertisement for giants at Walmart located over their security things by the door, pretty sure the portal is not flow in the dark. I could be wrong.

Now i need to decide where to actually preorder this from

still need chop chop. Impossible to find as a single, may have to buy used or get the 3 pack and sell off the other two[/QUOTE]

I think I've got an extra. Do you have any that you would trade?

[quote name='my2k2zx2']I think I've got an extra. Do you have any that you would trade?[/QUOTE]
The only extra figure i have is a defective gill grunt

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Do the little mini-Skylanders you get off of the Lays chips packs connect to any of the games or are they just for show?[/QUOTE]

They work in all the game except the mobile phone ones. In the console game, they follow you around like a pet and give no benefit other than visual. Only one at a time can be used, and they "attach" to whoever they are closest to most of the time. For the DS game, they only really show up in the hub world. The web game, you can register them, but they really don't do anything as far as I know. For Giants, it is still unknown.

[quote name='thelonepig']
Gnarly Tree Rex (PS3 bundle exclusive)[/QUOTE]

Well, that's cool since that's the version I have preordered at Amazon. Strange that they would have a PS3 exclusive version though. That seems kind of random. Interestingly enough, the PS3 version was not available on Amazon when I went to preorder it last week - I thought maybe they had sold out of preorders, but maybe something was up because of the exclusive. But it came back a few days ago and I got my preorder in.

[quote name='shadowkast']still need chop chop. Impossible to find as a single, may have to buy used or get the 3 pack and sell off the other two[/QUOTE]

Well, I do have that Gamestop 3-pack preordered but I was thinking of cancelling it since I'd end up with another Chop Chop. If you want my original Chop Chop I can trade/sell you that and then I'll keep the preorder and my kids will be happy because they'll get ShroomBoom. It is loose of course but in perfect shape. Just send me a PM if you are interested.

[quote name='io']Well, that's cool since that's the version I have preordered at Amazon. Strange that they would have a PS3 exclusive version though. That seems kind of random. Interestingly enough, the PS3 version was not available on Amazon when I went to preorder it last week - I thought maybe they had sold out of preorders, but maybe something was up because of the exclusive. But it came back a few days ago and I got my preorder in.[/QUOTE]

It looks like a bundle with a PS3. There's no details that I've been able to find other than the picture on the wiki, so my guess is that it's for a different region.

EDIT: Here's the picture. Looks to be Europe as this is the 12gb model.

mccPf.jpg

[quote name='defpally']They work in all the game except the mobile phone ones. In the console game, they follow you around like a pet and give no benefit other than visual. Only one at a time can be used, and they "attach" to whoever they are closest to most of the time. For the DS game, they only really show up in the hub world. The web game, you can register them, but they really don't do anything as far as I know. For Giants, it is still unknown.[/QUOTE]
Interesting! Thank you for the explanation. I ordered one of the minis even though I don't have any of the games yet, but I'll probably jump on board at some point. Looks like too much fun.

[quote name='thelonepig']It looks like a bundle with a PS3. There's no details that I've been able to find other than the picture on the wiki, so my guess is that it's for a different region.

EDIT: Here's the picture. Looks to be Europe as this is the 12gb model.[/QUOTE]

D'oh - figures. So this isn't in the PS3 starter bundles then. Oh well, no biggie.

Anyone know the release dates for any of the characters? Are any releasing on the 21st along with the game?

NOTE THE FOLLOWING INFO IS FROM DUTCH AMAZON SO IS NOT NECESSARILY WHAT NA IS GETTING:

According to this site Pop Fizz and Chill are going to be put in a triple pack with old characters. Lame. It's killing my interest in this until I can find a good deal on them later on.

It looks like first single characters releasing at some point are Swarm, Flashwing, and Sprocket. I am really not excited for any of those singles..

[quote name='ShockandAww']
According to this site Pop Fizz and Chill are going to be put in a triple pack with old characters. Lame. It's killing my interest in this until I can find a good deal on them later on.[/QUOTE]

Here's the relevant part pulled from there. Whatever the source, this is exactly the sort of thing I thought they would be doing (packaging 1 new one in with 2 old ones):

Battle Packs

In place of the Adventure Packs, Giants will feature Battle Packs. Basically 2 characters packaged with an item that unlocks a new Battle Arena. It is my hope, especially since there has been no confirmation of a Single Player Battle Mode, that they will also function as a "magic item" in Giants gameplay.

-Golden Dragonfire Cannon BP: Chop Chop, Golden Dragonfire Cannon, Shroomboom (New) ((GameStop Exclusive))
-Unknown BP: Zap, Battle Arena Piece, New Skylander

Triple Packs

-Triple Pack A: Pop Fizz (New), Trigger Happy, and Whirlwind
-Triple Pack B: Chill (New), Zook, and Ignitor
-Triple Pack C: Sprocket (New), Sonic Boom, and Stump Smash
-Triple Pack D: Flashwing (New), Gill Grunt, and Double Trouble

Single Packs

-Drobot-Light Core
-Eruptor-Light Core

-Gill Grunt-Series 2

-Flashwing-New
-Sprocket-New

-Swarm-Giant

My comments:

- Yep, lame battle packs with 1 new character and a stupid multiplayer battle arena "unlock" piece - so the other one is just like the Gamestop exclusive one. I'm still holding out some hope that since there are no Adventure packs (news to me) that these battle packs might be a little more than just multiplayer arena unlocks - but I'm not counting on it.

- 4 triple-packs, all with just 1 new character - pathetic. What truly surprises is that there will be no Adventure packs. I thought for sure we'd have even more than 4 this time. Maybe they are going for true DLC this time? Though that would be odd.

- It looks like at least 2 of those characters from the triple packs will be available as singles though (Flashwing and Sprocket).

- The site also said that not all the original ones are being redone. The still hard-to-find Wham-Shell is one of those. But presumably they would ship more of those at least.

I think what I'm going to do is just stick to the Giant figures since I assume these will be sold individually. Then I'll get the new ones only when they are in singles or there are big-time sales on the triple packs (like the B1G1 at TRU last year).

[quote name='io']I think what I'm going to do is just stick to the Giant figures since I assume these will be sold individually. Then I'll get the new ones only when they are in singles or there are big-time sales on the triple packs (like the B1G1 at TRU last year).[/QUOTE]
Yep I think this is what I'll be doing also.

I've been looking on ebay and it seems some skylanders giants figures are already for sale on there and they are not pre orders they are from sellers who have them in hand already.Been looking there so i know what ones to expect to be in stores come the 21st.

Also i agree with it being lame that they are making triple packs with only 1 new character and 2 old ones redone. I will be avoiding triple packs this time for sure and will just stick to the single packs. Already have all the skylanders from the first game and there's no way the kids are getting all the re releases this time around.

Based on this week's Walmart ad, it looks like Pop Fizz, Crusher, and Lightcore Prism Break will be available as single pack releases on Sunday.

See the link below for all the figures that should be released in wave 1, i.e. available on release day. Rumor has it Walmart may be releasing the figures starting tomorrow, so the only official store exclusives, day 1, are the Granite Crusher from Target, and the Legendary Triple Pack (Ignitor, Wham Bam, Jet-Vac) and Legendary Giant (Bouncer) from Toys R Us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JOASARFFMM

My day 1 plan.

Hit Walmart this week and look for Swarm, Fright Rider, and the Lightcores (Drobot, Eruptor, Prism Break)
8am Sunday try to get Granite Crusher from Target
10am Sunday try to get the 4 Legendaries from TRU
11am Sunday pick up my Portal Owner Pack and hopefully any figures I don't get at Walmart at Gamestop

Even though I did get all 37 figures for the first game, I literally did not care about Regular Spyro, Chop Chop, Bash, Trigger Happy or Dark Spyro. I just want all the characters with their best in game stats. I plan on purchasing around 25 figures total for Giants.

8 Giants
8 Lightcore
4 New characters that don't get lightcore
4-6 Legendaries

The series 2 new upgrade path and extra power is not enticing to me. I'll end up with a few eventually if they have great sales like B1G1 or something, but overall they made too many figures this time around. Once you take into account variants (Legendaries, Pop, Winter, Gnarly, Royal), we are easily looking at 60 figures. 37 felt like a lot but 60+ additional gets crazy. I may get the series 2 figures over time, but I will sell off my series 1 versions of those 24 to help cancel some of the cost. I love the series and collecting the figures, but the reposing just rubs me the wrong way. If they were all lightcore, I would have been less upset, because at least they would have looked cool, but they have said they added the reposes basically to sell more, period. They said they could have added upgrades to the original figures, they simple chose not to, so those of us who did buy all the original ones would have a reason other then just a new pose, to buy. I won't be a part of that at retail, and sure not at eBay mark-up.

Sorry to rant, just wanted to get that out. Enjoy the video and get pumped for this week the game itself looks really fun and the new figures still have me really excited.

Isn't there also the GS-exclusive battle pack (with ShroomBoom) day 1?

What chaps me is that they are releasing some of the new small figured in both regular and light core versions. And of course I bet, for the most part, the regulars will come out first and then later the light cores so people end up buying both.

I didn't realize the game releases so soon. I better renew my Prime membership so I get faster shipping. It ran out the day I preordered (d'oh!) so I only have the super-saver (slow) shipping. I probably wouldn't get the starter pack until next Friday (the 26th) at the earliest.

Do we know a price on the giant figures? I might try to get that legendary at TRU. I'm hesitant to pick up the other 3-pack though since it has 3 chars I already have (would have 2 Jet-Vacs after the one in the starter pack). And I didn't know about that Target one. I really wonder how many people will be out buying these things up on Sunday... I also might try Walmart tomorrow but I'm not going out of my way - may go in the evening if you guys report finding them. That may be too late, but meh...

And I'll add that I'm a little mad at myself for considering running around to buy these at full price ;). Who would have thought?

[quote name='io']Isn't there also the GS-exclusive battle pack (with ShroomBoom) day 1?

What chaps me is that they are releasing some of the new small figured in both regular and light core versions. And of course I bet, for the most part, the regulars will come out first and then later the light cores so people end up buying both.

I didn't realize the game releases so soon. I better renew my Prime membership so I get faster shipping. It ran out the day I preordered (d'oh!) so I only have the super-saver (slow) shipping. I probably wouldn't get the starter pack until next Friday (the 26th) at the earliest.

Do we know a price on the giant figures? I might try to get that legendary at TRU. I'm hesitant to pick up the other 3-pack though since it has 3 chars I already have (would have 2 Jet-Vacs after the one in the starter pack). And I didn't know about that Target one. I really wonder how many people will be out buying these things up on Sunday... I also might try Walmart tomorrow but I'm not going out of my way - may go in the evening if you guys report finding them. That may be too late, but meh...

And I'll add that I'm a little mad at myself for considering running around to buy these at full price ;). Who would have thought?[/QUOTE]

Giants - 14.99
Lightcore - 11.99
Triple Packs- 24.99
Single Packs- 9.99

And yes the GS exclusive Gold Cannon Pack comes out too but i could not care less about a gold cannon over a regular. I want the Legendaries for stat boosts and the Target Crusher cause he looks awesome. The Granite Crusher has nothing special statistically though.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']Giants - 14.99
Lightcore - 11.99
Triple Packs- 24.99
Single Packs- 9.99

And yes the GS exclusive Gold Cannon Pack comes out too but i could not care less about a gold cannon over a regular. I want the Legendaries for stat boosts and the Target Crusher cause he looks awesome. The Granite Crusher has nothing special statistically though.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, might as well get the Target one. I just wasn't aware of it. I also didn't realize there was a regular cannon vs. gold. I though GS was the only one getting the battle pack at all. Are you saying that other stores will have it but it will just be a regular and not a gold? I thought GS was, in effect, getting ShroomBook as an exclusive - I could care less about the cannon. If that is the case, then I am definitely not going to keep that preorder :lol:.

And of course lightcores cost more - why didn't I think of that? :roll:

[quote name='io']
I'm still holding out some hope that since there are no Adventure packs (news to me) that these battle packs might be a little more than just multiplayer arena unlocks - but I'm not counting on it.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting it's because it's going to be tough making those pieces work in future games.

But yeah, ultra lame on the "Rape You Battle Packs."

[quote name='thelonepig']I can confirm that Frito Lays is holding to the four per household restriction on the Sidekicks. I sent a spare form in, having accidentally filled it out with my address as opposed to my in-laws and figured I'd give it a shot anyway.

Instead I got a check for $2 and a note saying that I am no longer eligible. :([/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I filled out my second set last night with my parents address.

[quote name='io']Oh yeah, might as well get the Target one. I just wasn't aware of it. I also didn't realize there was a regular cannon vs. gold. I though GS was the only one getting the battle pack at all. Are you saying that other stores will have it but it will just be a regular and not a gold? I thought GS was, in effect, getting ShroomBook as an exclusive - I could care less about the cannon. If that is the case, then I am definitely not going to keep that preorder :lol:.

And of course lightcores cost more - why didn't I think of that? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Other retailers will be getting the non gold version of the battle pack. You can see that in the video I posted above. Somebody on Dark Spyro forums found this pic advertising for Sunday and now I just want to get there early to get all these.

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag158/zookitup/Capturetrupreorder_zps3c405875.jpg

TRU will have all figures B1G1 40% next week.

All wave 1 figures will be available on Sunday. Stores are getting shipments for wave 2 that will go on sale on Monday, there will be an email sent out to let people know about wave 2 availability on Monday.

[quote name='prim4444']TRU will have all figures B1G1 40% next week.

All wave 1 figures will be available on Sunday. Stores are getting shipments for wave 2 that will go on sale on Monday, there will be an email sent out to let people know about wave 2 availability on Monday.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by wave 1 and wave 2?

It sounds like new figures for Giants will be B1G1 40% then starting Sunday when they come out, right? But then what is not there Sunday but coming Monday?

In other news, I got the first sidekick that my in-laws received today and it was... Gill Runt. But I might have put that as my first choice because I thought I'd get Terrabite from my own submission (and instead got Trigger Snappy). And someone on here said they had Gill Runt passed over for another so I thought it was the hard to get one.

Oh, also, yesterday (Tues) I saw some people tearing down the old Skylanders demo station and replacing it with the Giants one at my local Fred Meyer. I just went back there this evening and there are no new figures though. That is really probably the best place for me to pick them up on Sunday because it kind of gets overlooked. I found a lot of the new figures there first for the original game when new waves would hit. Sucks that they bumped prices from $8 to $10, though. I think they are still $20 on the 3-packs though. And back when I was getting them for $8 they often had 20% off accessory coupons that worked on them as well as $10 of $50 coupons that worked on any Electronics items. It is probably too much to hope for something like that this Sunday - plus I think they started excluding Skylanders from the 20% off at some point mid-year (just about when the craze was over, actually).

Waves are different assortments.

The wave 2 figures will be handled like other previous Skylander events.
An email will be sent out on Sunday night. Tickets will be handed out prior to the store opening. Limit one per person. If there are any tickets left, then people will be allowed to get another.

I understand what "waves" are, but I mean what is in each wave. Last time the waves of different Skylanders releases came out weeks/months apart. So it is strange for one to be Sunday and the next to be Monday. That sounds more like arbitrary separation of the figures by TRU and not true waves of released figures.

And screw the whole ticket thing. If they expect it to be like that, then I'm not going to bother going.

In other news, I just got an email from Amazon that my Skylanders Giants Starter Pack shipped today (estimated delivery on Monday).

I was just reading the the new collection of figures is going to cost around $500. Is there any truth to this? If so, there is no way the boy is getting the full second series collection.

[quote name='io']I understand what "waves" are, but I mean what is in each wave. Last time the waves of different Skylanders releases came out weeks/months apart. So it is strange for one to be Sunday and the next to be Monday. That sounds more like arbitrary separation of the figures by TRU and not true waves of released figures.[/QUOTE]

Everything I've read states that TRU will receive the 2nd wave first, meaning they probably have some kind of deal with Activision. These figures may arrive in stores tomorrow, but most likely stores will get them delivered on Saturday. I will be able to get info on case assortments after they come in. Stores have been instructed to hold this specific shipment for Monday.

Of course though, like the store above, there may be a few stores that just put these cases out with everything else on Sunday.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I was just reading the the new collection of figures is going to cost around $500. Is there any truth to this? If so, there is no way the boy is getting the full second series collection.[/QUOTE]

There's 8 elements. Each element has three classic characters reposed ($30), one new "basic" character($10), one Lightcore($12), and one giant($15). That's $67 to get every character released for Skylanders Giants, per element, for a total of $536 for all. That's without factoring battle packs or variants of any kind, nor does it factor in characters included with the starter set.

bread's done
Back