Slaughter: Horror at Sony's depraved promotion stunt with decapitated goat

And don't forget:

"Guests at the event were even invited to reach inside the goat’s still-warm carcass to eat offal from its stomach."

But even better:

"Topless girls added to the louche atmosphere by dipping grapes into guests’ mouths, while a male model portraying Kratos, the game’s warrior hero, handed out garlands."

Quite the promotion!

[quote name='blackjaw']I like how they blur out the goat but not the girls almost bare nipple...hahah[/QUOTE]

Thankfully the UK isn't backwards like the US.

Goat slaughter: \\:D/
Nipples: :nottalking:

[quote name='Sporadic']Thankfully the UK isn't backwards like the US.

Nipples: :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Hell, I'll take nipples any day to goat slaughter!

"Topless girls added to the louche atmosphere by dipping grapes into guests’ mouths"

Sounds like my kind of party, and by "my kind", I mean "my friends party while I wait in the car and read Archie comics".

This is single handedly the most disgusting thing I've ever seen as far as things go in the game industry. For all of Jack Thompson's bluster, this is worth getting up in arms about and makes all the low handed competitive plays that Microsoft makes seem like kids stuff

This has managed to turn me *off* giving money to Sony in the future, much as I've been considering it lately.

I think this should be cross posted in the 360 forum honestly

[quote name='fathamburger']This is single handedly the most disgusting thing I've ever seen as far as things go in the game industry. For all of Jack Thompson's bluster, this is worth getting up in arms about and makes all the low handed competitive plays that Microsoft makes seem like kids stuff

This has managed to turn me *off* giving money to Sony in the future, much as I've been considering it lately.

I think this should be cross posted in the 360 forum honestly[/QUOTE]

damn granolas

[quote name='fathamburger']This is single handedly the most disgusting thing I've ever seen as far as things go in the game industry. For all of Jack Thompson's bluster, this is worth getting up in arms about and makes all the low handed competitive plays that Microsoft makes seem like kids stuff

I think this should be cross posted in the 360 forum honestly[/quote]

what it make you feel better to know the goat got aids and they killed it to prevent suffering?

if a goat had a chance it would eat you and everyone you care about

seriously though Sony does this all the time their "Shock and Awe" marketing

You know, its not so much an animal rights/PETA issue as its a common-fucking-sense issue. I mean Sony knows they've been on the ropes lately PR-wise and then they just let this little thing slip through? Somebody had to know this wouldn't be recieved well and yet it went on anyway?

I'll see your nipple and raise you a goat sacrifice.

Note to self: Go to the GOW3 party for topless women and a goat toga party.

I'm not really against killing animals, but this just seems pretty pointless to me. I realize some may see nothing wrong with it, but it really wasn't needed, and would've probably been best to just do without it to prevent any controversy. Unless that's what they were looking for.

bigpot6.jpg

this comes to mind....
ah memories

[quote name='Sporadic']Thankfully the UK isn't backwards like the US.

Nipples: :nottalking:[/quote]

No kidding. Sex = better than Violence.

In the US, it'd be the exact opposite.

Kudos to the topless chicks.

Question mark to the dead goat...

But, its not a SONY thing more like the EuroMarketing Team are fucking insane. AND Europeans are fucking insane.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']But, its not a SONY thing more like the EuroMarketing Team are fucking insane. AND Europeans are fucking insane.[/QUOTE]

Sony_passion_ad.jpg

First of all, shouldn't this be on the PS2 board?

Second of all, why do people care? I am vegetarian, but if other people want to kill and eat animals, I have nothing against it.

Ahahaha, PETA is going to shit themselves.

Yeah, poor goat... but it's only one. And if they didn't slaughter it, then the slaghterhouse they prolly got it from would have.

I think this should be cross posted in the 360 forum honestly[/quote]Are you serious? You're actually going to be in a store, contemplating buying a Sony product, and then it will pop in your head. "I don't know about this, remember what they did to that poor dead goat!?" Hopefully, you'll decide to boycott products from every other company that kills animals, and in doing that, you'll probably die of starvation. Don't eat them vegetables, those companies use chemicals that kill all sorts of innocent bugs!

Sony's PR continues to baffle me. Seriosly, wtf? Half-naked girls in togas, sure, whatever, but slaughtering goats and eating offal? That's just gross and disturbing. I was going to buy God of War II because I know its awesome, this makes me want to pass.

*EDIT

Vanilla Gorilla, I have no problem killing animals for food or research. This is gross, wasteful, and somehow perverted.
\
*2nd EDIT
On further reflection, this is probably fake(I really want God of War II). After this year in Sony PR, I could almost believe the story!

[quote name='chakan']Sony's PR continues to baffle me. Seriosly, wtf? Half-naked girls in togas, sure, whatever, but slaughtering goats and eating offal? That's just gross and disturbing. I was going to buy God of War II because I know its awesome, this makes me want to pass.

*EDIT

Vanilla Gorilla, I have no problem killing animals for food or research. This is gross, wasteful, and somehow perverted.[/QUOTE]

And kinda HOT!

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']Are you serious? You're actually going to be in a store, contemplating buying a Sony product, and then it will pop in your head. "I don't know about this, remember what they did to that poor dead goat!?" Hopefully, you'll decide to boycott products from every other company that kills animals, and in doing that, you'll probably die of starvation. Don't eat them vegetables, those companies use chemicals that kill all sorts of innocent bugs![/quote]

No but I'll not buy their shit because it's shameless sensationalist shock where the people involed continue to retard the game industry? Turok came close back in the day with this shit, but this tops it. http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/june03/dumbestmoments/index13.shtml

You guys are missing the point, it's not the killing of animals but no one should take pleasure in it, let alone glorify it. Especially for no good reason. They didnt kill this thing to eat it. At least in the slaughterhouse the animal wouldn't have been paraded and put on display like that.

WTF? Killing a goat is no big deal, but but using that carcas for a billboard is not exactly the way to entice people to affiliate with your product. If I saw that, I'd have to turn away (and look at those gorgeous boobies!). Especially in the UK where animal rights people are pretty main stream--I mean didn't they get a ban on fox hunting? (yes, I guess they did: http://www.supportfoxhunting.co.uk/) This will not broaden the appeal of gaming, at least in that country, and will likely result in a kind of backlash that will further turn off mass appeal for gaming.

But I guess the UK's US$900 price for PS3 pretty much did that anyway...

I can't wait to see that the religious right politicos in the USA have to say about a pagan ceremony for a video game. This was just another fucking stupid move on Sony's part. I guess with the departure of Ken Kutaragi somebody had to step in and fill the 'bakayaroo' (idiot) vacuum.

I wonder what CheapieMom and her demographic would say about this?

[quote name='ananag112']First of all, shouldn't this be on the PS2 board?

Second of all, why do people care? I am vegetarian, but if other people want to kill and eat animals, I have nothing against it.[/QUOTE]

Because.... uhm... Sony sucks... and uhm... must.... insult flagship product.... somehow?..............

DEPRAVED DAMMMIT..........

Every time you buy a PS3, God sacrifices a goat on the altar?

As for the whiners.... Grow some fucking Cajones... i've seen worse on the road. fucking pansy ass idiots trying to enforce their stupid norms and preferences onto other people. In some societies goat sacrifice is the shit....

[quote name='Zoglog']In some societies goat sacrifice is the shit....[/quote] I actually held my own goat sacrifice God of War II release party. It was fucking awesome. Well, we didn't have any naked chicks. My mom said everyone had to be fully clothed. :(

[quote name='Zoglog']Because.... uhm... Sony sucks... and uhm... must.... insult flagship product.... somehow?..............

DEPRAVED DAMMMIT..........

Every time you buy a PS3, God sacrifices a goat on the altar?

As for the whiners.... Grow some fucking Cajones... i've seen worse on the road. fucking pansy ass idiots trying to enforce their stupid norms and preferences onto other people. In some societies goat sacrifice is the shit....[/QUOTE]

Its not that they killed the goat that is offensive, its that they killed it merely to parade it around as an advertisement for their game. Not only that but it just plain a waste of food as well.

I'm not condoning killing animals for religious rituals but at least those killings are for something more than consumeristic advertising.

Um, guys... Did anyone actually read the article in full?

The Sony spokesman said the animal had not been slaughtered for the event but had been bought from a local butcher by the Greek company hired to stage the event.
So they had a dead goat at the event to make it seem authentic. They didn't kill the damn thing right there, and they didn't kill it specifically for the event. The Daily News is just one step above the Weekly World News in terms of journalistic integrity. They make what was probably something pretty boring sound totally depraved.

[quote name='icruise']Um, guys... Did anyone actually read the article in full?

So they had a dead goat at the event to make it seem authentic. They didn't kill the damn thing right there, and they didn't kill it specifically for the event. The Daily News is just one step about the Weekly World News in terms of journalistic integrity. They make what was probably something pretty boring sound totally depraved.[/QUOTE]

oops. I should've actually read it. I probably should've since it does seem pretty common for news to be slanted to put Sony/PS3 in bad light as of late.

[quote name='icruise']The Daily News is just one step above the Weekly World News in terms of journalistic integrity.[/QUOTE]

Precisely what I came in here to post. Kudos to your swiftness.

[quote name='icruise']Um, guys... Did anyone actually read the article in full?

So they had a dead goat at the event to make it seem authentic. They didn't kill the damn thing right there, and they didn't kill it specifically for the event. The Daily News is just one step above the Weekly World News in terms of journalistic integrity. They make what was probably something pretty boring sound totally depraved.[/QUOTE]

Well that may be the case but the goat was still wasted and may as well have been slaughtered for the event. They bought it from a butcher who had already slaughtered the animal. Now, when someone comes in to that butcher to buy a goat for consumption, they'll have 1 less goat for that purpose meaning that down the road another goat will have to be butchered for the event.

So they were going for authenticity? You're going to tell me women walked around topless in ancient Greece with paint on their eyes and breasts? I hope they didn't air condition the meeting hall that the event was held in if "authenticity" was what they were shooting for.

I'm not defending it per se. It sounds like a rather dumb publicity stunt. I'm a vegetarian, and I don't like to see animals used for anything like this. BUT, this article is so off-base it's ridiculous. Reading the comments here and on Joystiq, you can see that people were totally ready to believe that Sony (always as a monolithic corporation) brought in a live goat, slaughtered it in front of people, and then had a contest to see who could eat the most goat entrails. How does that make any kind of sense?

[quote name='icruise']I'm not defending it per se. It sounds like a rather dumb publicity stunt. I'm a vegetarian, and I don't like to see animals used for anything like this. BUT, this article is so off-base it's ridiculous. Reading the comments here and on Joystiq, you can see that people were totally ready to believe that Sony (always as a monolithic corporation) brought in a live goat, slaughtered it in front of people, and then had a contest to see who could eat the most goat entrails. How does that make any kind of sense?[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, I see what you're saying. I guess I never thought they had slaughtered it as part of the event but I can't really speak for everyone.

bread's done
Back