Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time $9.99 at Newegg (PS3 + Vita cross-buy) **Currently OOS**

So, by your logic, the Wii is still alive and well just because the console is still being produced, even though it hasn't recieved a noteworthy title in months (Pandora's Tower), or for most gamers years (Skyward Sword).
Not really a counterpoint, but I have to say that I was surprised that Disney Infinity had a Wii release. Skylanders Swap Force is also getting one.

God dang it I spent my BB certificate on this one when it was $12, Ni no kuni goes on sale the very next day and now this...lame :\

Dang! I knew I should have bit before leaving for work instead of waiting till I got in. Oh well. Not like it won't hit this price again. I'm a sucker for any and all vita games atm. I'm simply head over heels in love with that device. It's just so awesome.

Are we talking about the same system? PS2 all but died within a year after PS3 launched, aside from a bit of shovelware here and there and the very occasional half decent title (and even then, most of those were simply ports made for the Wii). And that was WITH the BC that PS3 had with PS2, and the fact that the PS2 was the best selling system ever. Just because they kept pumping out systems and "Greatest Hits" games doesn't mean that the system was truely alive. So, by your logic, the Wii is still alive and well just because the console is still being produced, even though it hasn't recieved a noteworthy title in months (Pandora's Tower), or for most gamers years (Skyward Sword).

No, I see no chance of PS3 getting any real support after 2014 unless, like PS2, it's getting ports of WiiU versions of games, but given how poorly those sold I doubt WiiU/PS3 will even get that. Sony can say whatever they want, and I've no doubt the fanboys will eat it up, but there is a huge difference between reality and PR statements.
I am not sure what you think your point is? 200+ titles released on the PS2 after the PS3 release. Considering the jump to HD with the PS3 that is pretty impressive. Expect plenty of potential ports (especially from third parties). We are discussing PS3 games being made free for the PS3 so what that has to do with the PS4 release is beyond me.

List of Games released on PS2 after PS3

.hack//G.U.vol.3//Redemption
Baroque
Beatmania IIDX 13: Distorted
Beatmania IIDX 14: Gold
Beatmania IIDX 15: DJ Troopers
Beatmania IIDX 16: Empress + Premium Best
Bleach: Blade Battlers 2
Brave: The Search for Spirit Dancer
Brian Lara International Cricket 2007
Burnout Dominator
Buzz! Junior: Monster Rumble
Buzz! The Hollywood Quiz
Buzz! The Mega Quiz
C.I.D 925: An Ordinary Life
Cabela's Big Game Hunter (2007)
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009
Cabela's Legendary Adventures
Cabela's Monster Bass
Cabela's Outdoor Adventures 2010
Cabela's Trophy Bucks
Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts
Cars Mater-National Championship
Cars Race-O-Rama
Championship Manager 2007
Chandragupta: Warrior Prince
Code Lyoko: Quest for Infinity
College Hoops 2K8
Coraline
Crash of the Titans
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
CSI: 3 Dimensions of Murder
Dance Dance Revolution Disney Channel Edition
Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova
Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova 2
Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova 2
Dance Dance Revolution X
Dancing Stage SuperNova
Dancing Stage SuperNova 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
Eternal Poison
Family Game Night
Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
FIFA 08
FIFA 09
FIFA 10
FIFA 11
FIFA 12
FIFA 13
Final Fantasy XI: Seekers of Adoulin
Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess
Free Running
Gaelic Games: Football 2
Gaelic Games: Hurling
Ghost Rider
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
God Hand
God of War II
Godzilla: Unleashed
Grand Slam Tennis
Grimgrimoire
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus
Guitar Hero 5
Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Guitar Hero Smash Hits
Guitar Hero World Tour
Guitar Hero: Aerosmith
Guitar Hero: Metallica
Guitar Hero: Van Halen
GuitarFreaks & DrumMania: Masterpiece Gold
GuitarFreaks V3 & DrumMania V3
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings
Iron Man
Jackass: The Game
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
James Bond 007: Quantum of Solace
Jeep Thrills
Juiced 2
Jurassic: The Hunted
Kamen Rider: Climax Heroes
Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
Legend of the Dragon
Lego Batman: The Video Game
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Little Britain: The Video Game
Little Busters! Converted Edition
Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal
Lumines Plus
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
Madden NFL 08
Madden NFL 09
Madden NFL 10
Madden NFL 11
Madden NFL 12
Major League Baseball 2K10
Major League Baseball 2K11
Major League Baseball 2K12
Major League Baseball 2K7
Major League Baseball 2K8
Major League Baseball 2K9
Manhunt 2
Martial Arts: Capoeira
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion
Medal of Honor: Vanguard
Melty Blood: Actress Again
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Metal Slug Anthology
MLB 07: The Show
MLB '08: The Show
MLB 09: The Show
MLB 10: The Show
MLB 11: The Show
MLB Power Pros
MLB Power Pros 2008
Monsters vs. Aliens
MotoGP '07
MotoGP '08
MotorStorm: Arctic Edge
MVP 07: NCAA Baseball
MX vs. ATV: Untamed
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 4
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 5
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 2
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3
Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2
NASCAR 08
NASCAR 09
NBA 08
NBA '09: The Inside
NBA 2K10
NBA 2K11
NBA 2K12
NBA 2K8
NBA 2K9
NBA Live 08
NBA Live 09
NCAA Basketball 09
NCAA Football 08
NCAA Football 09
NCAA Football 10
NCAA Football 11
NCAA March Madness 07
NCAA March Madness 08
Need for Speed: ProStreet
Need for Speed: Undercover
NHL 08
NHL 09
NHL 2K10
NHL 2K8
NHL 2K9
NHRA Drag Racing Countdown to the Championship 2007
Nobunaga's Ambition: Iron Triangle
Nuga-Cel!
Obscure II
Odin Sphere
Pimp My Ride: Street Racing
Pop'n Music 14 Fever!
Pro Evolution Soccer 2007
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009
Pro Evolution Soccer 2010
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
RA.ONE The Game
Rapala Pro BASS Fishing
Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters
Rock Band
Rock Band 2
Rugby 08
Rugby 10
Rugby League 2 World Cup Edition
Sacred Blaze
Samurai Shodown Anthology
Samurai Warriors 2: Xtreme Legends
Samurai Warriors: Xtreme Legends
SBK Superbike World Championship
SBK-07 - Superbike World Championship
Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Journey
Secret Agent Clank
Sega Superstars Tennis
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
Silent Hill: Origins
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
SingStar '90s
SingStar R&B
SingStar Rock Ballads
Ski & Shoot
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Sonic Unleashed
South Park Basketball
Spider-Man 3
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows – Amazing Allies Edition
SpongeBob SquarePants featuring Nicktoons: Globs of Doom
Star Trek: Conquest
Suggoi! Arcana Heart 2
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow
Tak and the Guardians of Gross
Test Drive Unlimited
The Golden Compass (video game)
The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match Tougeki Ver.
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match
The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
The Perplexity of Haruhi Suzumiya
The Red Star
The Simpsons Game
The Sims 2: Castaway
The Spiderwick Chronicles
Thomas & Friends: A Day at the Races
Thrillville: Off the Rails
Thunder Force VI
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11
TMNT
TNA Impact!
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Tomb Raider: Underworld
Tomoyo After: It's a Wonderful Life CS Edition
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Toy Story 3
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: The Game
Transformers: The Game
Trivial Pursuit
Warriors Orochi
Warriors Orochi 2
Winter Sports 2: The Next Challenge
Wipeout Pulse
WWE All Stars
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2008
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2010
WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2011
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Yakuza 2
Yu-Gi-Oh GX! Tag Force Evolution

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we talking about the same system? PS2 all but died within a year after PS3 launched, aside from a bit of shovelware here and there and the very occasional half decent title (and even then, most of those were simply ports made for the Wii). And that was WITH the BC that PS3 had with PS2, and the fact that the PS2 was the best selling system ever. Just because they kept pumping out systems and "Greatest Hits" games doesn't mean that the system was truely alive. So, by your logic, the Wii is still alive and well just because the console is still being produced, even though it hasn't recieved a noteworthy title in months (Pandora's Tower), or for most gamers years (Skyward Sword).

No, I see no chance of PS3 getting any real support after 2014 unless, like PS2, it's getting ports of WiiU versions of games, but given how poorly those sold I doubt WiiU/PS3 will even get that. Sony can say whatever they want, and I've no doubt the fanboys will eat it up, but there is a huge difference between reality and PR statements.
Might want to take a look at the PS2 games on Wikipedia. There were a good amount of releases for the PS2 through about 2009-2010, which is 3-4 years into the PS3's run.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games

I know I was using my PS2 for a while and had little desire to get a PS3 until a couple of years ago. I have a feeling the PS3 will be around for a while, particularly since I don't see a strong move to upgrade anytime soon.

Dang! I knew I should have bit before leaving for work instead of waiting till I got in. Oh well. Not like it won't hit this price again. I'm a sucker for any and all vita games atm. I'm simply head over heels in love with that device. It's just so awesome.
I agree. I have both 3DS and a Vita, and the Vita hands down is the best handheld this gen. I love my 3DS but I barely touched it since I brought it.

Yep:

We regret to inform you that your order has been voided due to insufficient stock. While our website may have indicated an in-stock status, one or more items in your order were not in stock at the time your order was to be fulfilled.

FWIW, I placed another order after I saw a few others ordered and it went through and I have a shipping notification with tracking number.

Really fun game at a great price.

A heads up for Vita+PS3 owners who are getting this: the feature that lets you see all the collectibles on the Vita screen while playing the PS3 version is very helpful. Saves a lot of time and frustration. Just know that you'll have to travel back to old world to finish getting all of the collectibles so don't sweat it until the end.

And for trophy hunters, be sure to open up the map in every new area if you don't want to do a lot of replaying.

I agree. I have both 3DS and a Vita, and the Vita hands down is the best handheld this gen. I love my 3DS but I barely touched it since I brought it.
Heh, there's lots of original content for 3DS. Vita is a good system but there's a lack of original games for the system. I'm looking forward to Tearaway, but after that, what else?

I just find it annoying when people say the system collects dust or they haven't touched it in forever as if there were no games on it.
No offense, but when you argue a point in Nintendo's corner I can't imagine that many people are going to take you seriously with that name and avatar. You may as well just call yourself Reggie and have a picture of Miyamoto in the nude.

Congrats to everyone that got in on the deal; great game that continues the feel of the originals.

No offense, but when you argue a point in Nintendo's corner I can't imagine that many people are going to take you seriously with that name and avatar. You may as well just call yourself Reggie and have a picture of Miyamoto in the nude.

Congrats to everyone that got in on the deal; great game that continues the feel of the originals.
Taking it as an insult is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not biased at all, I game on all platforms, have nearly 4000 trophies and getting a PS4 day one. I'm concerned about the Vita because it has great potential and would hate to see it fade away.

Taking it as an insult is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not biased at all, I game on all platforms, have nearly 4000 trophies and getting a PS4 day one. I'm concerned about the Vita because it has great potential and would hate to see it fade away.
Well, I'm glad you took my post for what it was. (And just to make sure... I wasn't calling you biased, just making an observation)

I just find it annoying when people say the system collects dust or they haven't touched it in forever as if there were no games on it.
I love both the 3DS and the Vita. There are times when I play the 3DS for a week or 2 straight and the same goes for the Vita without playing either system. I choose to play most games on the vita than the 3DS because I see more Vita games that I want on sale than the 3DS. I'm actually waiting for sales on certain 3DS games. No one never said there were no games on the 3DS or Vita. I would've never bought the system if I feel there were no games.

Wow! The triple negative! Rare!

I sincerely hope they put this back in stock. I sure would like to price match it at gamestop, but I feel as if its OOS for the duration of the sale.
Triple negative brings it back to a positive. Now that's awesome.

bread's done
Back