Small Airplane crashes into building in NY, RIP Cory Lidle

Ikohn4ever

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
A small aircraft has crashed into a high-rise residential building at 72nd Street and York in Manhattan, police said. Police are en route to the site, said to be at 525 E. 72nd Street. Flames and smoke could be seen pouring from the high rise apartment as fire engines raced to the scene.

Beat me to it. Who knows exactly whats going on though. At this point it's still just people running around screaming and making 9/11 comparisons.

Crazy, I really hope it was an accident and there isn't more bad stuff coming. It's all over the news channels for anyone who's interested.

Interesting. Doesn't seem intentional though. A terrorist would pick a bigger plane and a bigger target, not some random apartment building with a tiny craft. More like the UN building and a freight plane.

You know, with all those firefighters and policemen on that one street, now would be a good time to hit some random target on the other side of town.

Ugh. I can't believe I just thought that.

[quote name='Z-Saber']You know, with all those firefighters and policemen on that one street, now would be a good time to hit some random target on the other side of town.

Ugh. I can't believe I just thought that.[/QUOTE]

seems like someone watched Die Hard with a Vengence

from BBC:

"A senior Homeland Security official said there is no indication of terrorism, but rather it the incident appeared to be a "terrible accident'."

Who knows though.

[quote name='Apossum']from BBC:

"A senior Homeland Security official said there is no indication of terrorism, but rather it the incident appeared to be a "terrible accident'."

Who knows though.[/QUOTE]

that's what they said about the first plane during 9/11...but after the second one hit, that was it, a terrorist attack.....

I'll watch for like an hour to see if something else hits, if not either it was an accident OR the airforce shot the other one down :whistle2:|

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']seems like someone watched Die Hard with a Vengence[/quote]Is that the second one? I've seen most of it. Not the beginning though. Is that what you're referencing?

[quote name='ITDEFX']that's what they said about the first plane during 9/11...but after the second one hit, that was it, a terrorist attack.....

I'll watch for like an hour to see if something else hits, if not either it was an accident OR the airforce shot the other one down :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

pretty sure GW did it with a remote control ;)

[quote name='Z-Saber']Is that the second one? I've seen most of it. Not the beginning though. Is that what you're referencing?[/QUOTE]

its the third one, they put a bomb in a school so the police are searchin all the schools to find it and they steel a ton of gold since no cops around

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']seems like someone watched Die Hard with a Vengence[/QUOTE]

The first thing I thought of when I read that .

CNN is reporting that the Yankees are confirm that it was Corey Lidle's plane and that his passport has been found near the scene...

[quote name='lordwow']CNN is reporting that the Yankees are confirm that it was Corey Lidle's plane and that his passport has been found near the scene...[/QUOTE]

Fox is reporting that he is confirmed dead.

[quote name='lordwow']CNN is reporting that the Yankees are confirm that it was Corey Lidle's plane and that his passport has been found near the scene...[/quote]

Yeah, it's all over ESPN

[quote name='pop311']Maybe this has something to do with th Yankees loosing the ALDS???

KIDDING!!![/quote]

Of course it does. If the A-Rod didn't suck and the Yankees advanced he'd still be alive. Way to go A-Rod.

too bad about the accident...my buddy from ny said on the fan, they are reporting another yankee official was supposed to go up with him today....no name or confirmation if they had

[quote name='javeryh']Of course it does. If the A-Rod didn't suck and the Yankees advanced he'd still be alive. Way to go A-Rod.[/quote]

Ouch, I feel bad that this made me laugh.

It's sad. For once a player doesnt do better after he leaves the Phillies :p
Good guy, sad loss, but the Yankees' season cant be worse.

For you non -baseball fans, Cory Lidle was an average pitcher, but still a heartbreakign story ... and im a yankee fan so its even worse with our already terrible pitching.

What would be funny if one of the ny times ran an article blaming arod for this, as they have been up arods ass all season

Damn, RIP Lidle. Poor guy, was basically a journeyman and when it looks like he might be able to stay for a big team, this happens.

I was listening to a radio interview only a few days ago on either Fox Sports or ESPN (can't remember for sure). It was about an athlete flying a plane and the athlete mentioned his tyoe of plane was the only type in the world with it's own parachute. I can't remember who they were talking to for sure, but it must have been Lidle because they just said on the news that his plane had a parachute. Crazy.

Heard elsewhere...
Lidle was said to have remarked before passing, "Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of this building."
It's not too soon. Though not offensive enough.

bread's done
Back