SMB (GBA) selling for very high prices. why?

they probably were underproduced when they originally were in stores, and also too expensive for people to notice. Now that they're all gone, people want them.

I traded mine in for $11 at gamestop just a few days before noticing the price for these had shot up online.. oops. I had the box and everything (which I kept)

If you still have the manual, can you look up something for me? I bought a copy from Gamestop a while back, and its stuck on the 2nd cycle of the game (where the enemies are beetles instead of goombas). I dont know how to switch it back.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']If you still have the manual, can you look up something for me? I bought a copy from Gamestop a while back, and its stuck on the 2nd cycle of the game (where the enemies are beetles instead of goombas). I dont know how to switch it back.[/quote]2 options for you to try. Hit Start+Select+A+B to restart. If that doesn't work, hold L&R while turning on the GBA.

isnt SMB Deluxe a GB Color game? If so, it wont play on the DS or Micro, which would help explain why the GBA SMB is still selling for a decent price.

super mario deluxe is for gameboy color only.

which is consider one of the greatest compilations of mario games along with mario allstar for snes

[quote name='fatbeer']super mario deluxe is for gameboy color only.

which is consider one of the greatest compilations of mario games along with mario allstar for snes[/quote]except you can only see about 1/3 of what you're supposed to on screen at any given time.

[quote name='daroga']except you can only see about 1/3 of what you're supposed to on screen at any given time.[/QUOTE]

regardles, it still great game.i never had problems on koppa tropers or bowser

[quote name='daroga']except you can only see about 1/3 of what you're supposed to on screen at any given time.[/quote]

huh? 'splain yourself pleeze

[quote name='Puffa469']huh? 'splain yourself pleeze[/quote]
SuperMarioBrosDeluxe.jpg

ahy_1.jpg

...versus...

NES_Super_Mario_Bros.png

The GBC's screen resolution was too small, so the visible area was stripped a good bit.

For a game like SMB, it worked...but it did make timing tougher.

I just think the gba version is weird since Mario doesn’t have a mustache when he is not moving. I was in the market for this game for a while but I think once the micros started getting cheaper in price the nes classic smb started to get higher as well on ebay. I ended up importing the Japanese version via play asia. The cartridge color matches the famicom version of the micro
:lol:

[quote name='Oops! I did it again.']
SuperMarioBrosDeluxe.jpg

ahy_1.jpg

...versus...

NES_Super_Mario_Bros.png

The GBC's screen resolution was too small, so the visible area was stripped a good bit.

For a game like SMB, it worked...but it did make timing tougher.[/quote]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. The camera scrolls around a lot too when you move quickly from one place to another, it's really disorienting. It's too bad, because I really wanted to play this, but after 5 minutes I couldn't take it.

ahhh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. I'll just stick with one of the other 500 different version of SMB I seem to have.

I had no idea they released Super Mario Bros. for the GBA. Would have picked it up...if I didn't already own two or three copies :)

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe was better than the original in all sorts of ways...except for the way it displayed the screen, which probably makes it a worse game overall.

I don't know why they didn't just reduce Mario's resolution, and keep the screen closer to what it was in the original. That would have been a better solution IMO.

I wouldn't be suprised if they released Super Mario Bros (original) as a part of the Super Mario Advance series.
[quote name='GuilewasNK']Those prices are insane. Too bad they didn't just release Super Mario All-Stars on the GBA.[/quote]

[quote name='Wolfpup']I had no idea they released Super Mario Bros. for the GBA. Would have picked it up...if I didn't already own two or three copies :)

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe was better than the original in all sorts of ways...except for the way it displayed the screen, which probably makes it a worse game overall.

I don't know why they didn't just reduce Mario's resolution, and keep the screen closer to what it was in the original. That would have been a better solution IMO.[/quote]

Lakitu stages must have been HELL with that reduced screen size...

I think it's also the most sought after Classic NES Series game and people who want the whole set need it to complete the collection. I sold a sealed one on EBay about a year ago, it sold for $60 plus shipping within a few hours.

Wow, lucky me scored a copy at Target under $5. My copy is in Excellent condition & i wonder how much it go on EBAY ?? At least $50 right ?? :)

Too bad I passed on it when I saw it on clearence years ago. Oh well, still got my flashcart with SMB (along with 49 other NES games) if I feel the need to play SMB on my DS.

bread's done
Back