SMT: Devil Summoner 2 w/ Plush Doll Available For Pre-order - $39.99

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
Atlus just recently announced that Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abbadon will be hitting US shores on May 12, 2009 for $39.99.

Gamefly has the game listed in their database:
http://www.gamefly.com/products/detail.asp?pid=135590

Pre-order here:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=73846
http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-T..._2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1233367192&sr=8-2

54893.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Maromi']^ Not my copy. I bought it on day one, and the cover that was displayed was the bottom one.[/QUOTE]

I only saw the white copies in my area. I guess Atlus is weird like that.

[quote name='opportunity777']I only saw the white copies in my area. I guess Atlus is weird like that.[/QUOTE]

just your area. I got both white and yellow cover on day one

[quote name='62t']just your area. I got both white and yellow cover on day one[/QUOTE]

I actually never noticed the cover could be turned inside out, and I never saw the yellow type cover until GameStop started stocking used ones on the shelves. :dunce:

I should pay more attention to these things! :)

I would rather get it from amazon but i'm not really going to take any chances. I can always cancel the gamestop one later.

I'm playing the first one now. Started episode 2 last night. Like most Atlus game it seems like there's a pretty steep difficulty curve at the beginning. The combat is pretty basic and not too precise.

[quote name='eldergamer']I'm playing the first one now. Started episode 2 last night. Like most Atlus game it seems like there's a pretty steep difficulty curve at the beginning. The combat is pretty basic and not too precise.[/QUOTE]

I just got the original in a trade (right before the localization of this was anounced, so I'm not even bandwagon-hopping!), and I tested it out. But the issue is that I took Devil May cry 4 to put SMT: Devil Summoner in.
I think I have to play an RPG first, or something, because going from dmc-combat to Devil Summoner combat just doesn't work.

[quote name='mrlokievil']I just wish amazon would go ahead a put up a preorder for it.[/quote]

Don't worry, bud, they probably will soon enough.. At least, thats what I'm hopin for!

Hm, no mention of the plushie on Amazon. I'm guessing it'll come with it (already put in my pre-order) but hopefully they update the page.

[quote name='simpleblur']Anyone know what the upgrades are in gameplay?[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, you can now summon two demons at a time. I assume the combat system has been improved overall, though I don't know. I think you may now be able to talk to your demons, as well (This maybe brought over from other SMT games?).

[quote name='mythus']arg amazon where is that plush.[/QUOTE]

every copy of the first shipment will have it so no worry

I don't see a pic of the plushie on the page when I check Amazon for preordering. Should it even show up?

Preordered just a couple of seconds ago.

For the P4 and Eternal Poison preorders, it took them a bit longer than GameStop to get the bonus stuff uploaded. It'll be there soon.

yup just got the email from amazon.

atlus -
PRE-ORDER SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI:
DEVIL SUMMONER 2: RAIDOU KUZUNOHA vs. KING ABADDON TODAY![FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
Every launch copy to be bundled with ultra-rare Raiho plushie
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] Consider Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon officially announced for North America, Faithful. (that's what this image was all about)

Now, you can pre-order SMT: Devil Summoner 2 at Amazon.com and Amazon.ca! More importantly, EACH and EVERY copy of the game's launch run is a special, super-limited bundle with the game AND an ultra-rare Raiho collectible for just $39.99. Read on.
[/FONT]

loved the first one. I'm going to have to buy a ps2 again. I sold mine like 2 years ago hoping to get a ps3 cheap with BC.......never happened. I still have all my games.....just never got around to buying a new ps2 yet. This may do it.

fyi, amazon is basically atlus's official retailer so there is no doubt that amazon will include all the special extras. they were if you remember the only place to sell the social link expansion pack.

[quote name='Covnam']Anyone know if there's any need, plot wise, to have played the previous SMT Devil Summoner?[/QUOTE]

Not sure........if this has the same characters than yah you may want to play the first one first. Theres like 5 different endings to the 1st game though.

Preordered two - one for me and one for whomever will inevitably decide not to preorder because "limited print run" is really just hype. Maybe this time it won't sit on my list at cost plus shipping for several weeks before I sell it at 300% profit on Amazon (i.e. Social Link Expansion Pack).

[quote name='thelonepig']Preordered two - one for me and one for whomever will inevitably decide not to preorder because "limited print run" is really just hype. Maybe this time it won't sit on my list at cost plus shipping for several weeks before I sell it at 300% profit on Amazon (i.e. Social Link Expansion Pack).[/QUOTE]

Hehe I did the exact same thing. I sold my P4 Social link for $110 so I figured order 2 of these, worse comes to worse if the price doesn't sky rocket I just return it. Best results I decide to sell both and make $200 off this then rebuy just the game later for $20.

bread's done
Back