SNES Classic Discussion Thread

That's what my total came out to as well. I ended up cancelling my order because I'm not willing to pay that much and I only want one to keep for myself and actually use.
For me, it's a total of $25 more than what I would end up paying here for our edition. With tax, the total for me would be $86.39. That conversion rate is crazy, but thankful nonetheless I could actually get one.

I think I would still prefer the US version with the purple switches.  That's what I remember growing up and I think I'd feel more connected to that design.

For those in Killerlampshade's Discord chat, tap the three dots at the top of the screen, go to Channel Settings, then Frequency and select "Only @mentions" so that you're only notified of new messages in the chat when preorders go up.

I'd laugh my ass off if this one ends up overproduced and sitting on store shelves, especially since this seems to be the one people wanted more than the NES

That game list is one of the best compilations I have ever seen released .   From super punch out to contra,    a bevy of 9 plus rated games.  

Star fox was one of the most amazing releases for its time.  if they threw Chrono trigger ,super smash tv  on there the world would have stopped.     

Worth every penny and even more.   

Contra III: The Alien Wars™
Donkey Kong Country™
EarthBound™
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO™
Kirby™ Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course™
The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
Mega Man® X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox™
Star Fox™ 2
Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV™
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
Super Mario Kart™
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
Super Mario World™
Super Metroid™
Super Punch-Out!! ™
Yoshi’s Island™

Last edited by a moderator:
HEADS UP 

I created a Discord server ... great idea but left the one I was in. There are a few trolls and that's way too many. 

PM me if you want invite. Basically, goal is to keep chit chat down, and alert everyone WITH link when live. 

The Discord idea is perfect, but it can be better with some tweaks. 

For me, it's a total of $25 more than what I would end up paying here for our edition. With tax, the total for me would be $86.39. That conversion rate is crazy, but thankful nonetheless I could actually get one.
I'd rather take a chance on a US site. If I miss it I miss it. Also if your using your U.S. based card make sure of what the fee, if any, for international transactions is.

I hope this one doesn't have supply issues and then discontinued before half the people that want one are able to get one.
Well they already announced the discontinuation today as well lol. They said it will only be shipped till the end of 2017

That game list is one of the best compilations I have ever seen released . From super punch out to contra, a bevy of 9 plus rated games.

Star fox was one of the most amazing releases for its time. if they threw Chrono trigger ,super smash brothers on there the world would have stopped.

Donkey Kong Country™
EarthBound™
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO™
Kirby™ Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course™
Mega Man® X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox™
Star Fox™ 2
Super Castlevania IV™
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
Super Mario Kart™
Super Mario World™
Super Metroid™
Super Punch-Out!! ™
Yoshi’s Island™
There was no Smash Bros for the SNES...

The list is nice though. DCK2 is a crucial omission....Chrono Trigger is a big one, too. X2 and X3 would have been personal additions, but they aren't huge deals.

Well they already announced the discontinuation today as well lol. They said it will only be shipped till the end of 2017
They only said none planned after 2017.

Could still see trickles like the classic till April.

No one knows if they will have supply issues like the classic, but it seems likely that it will still be hard to find.

No DKC2 and Chrono Trigger are the biggest misses for me. Super Mario All Stars following those two.

Yeah, it will be produced for a shorter time, but they said they will make more than last time, combined with a higher price and fewer games. Sounds like typical Nintendo math. And let's not forget NA is getting it's own version. Which means we could be the ones short changed on production .

I created a Discord server ... great idea but left the one I was in. There are a few trolls and that's way too many.

PM me if you want invite. Basically, goal is to keep chit chat down, and alert everyone WITH link when live.

Quoting this, too many retard trolls in there and I'm not staying around while people post fake news because they are "bored". Get a fucking life...

The snes was a huge improvement, but hell still no terranigma!
Wow... not everyday you see that name dropped. That game was nuts, fusing real history with a fantastical traditional JRPG world. The story for that game was so ahead of it's time.

Quoting this, too many retard trolls in there and I'm not staying around while people post fake news because they are "bored". Get a fucking life...
I've added about six people so far, mostly people I see here on CAG often.

Again, PM me if you want to join. This is a great idea but it only works if everyone is cool.

I'd laugh my ass off if this one ends up overproduced and sitting on store shelves, especially since this seems to be the one people wanted more than the NES
Hopefully, that's the case. Maybe those who actually want one, will get one this time. That, and extras for those who actually want to gift some to family, and friends.

Not that it's a great game, but kind of shocked Killer Instinct didn't show up being a first party title.
It was published by Nintendo, but Rare must have retained the rights seeing as Microsoft has the current version.

Not that it's a great game, but kind of shocked Killer Instinct didn't show up being a first party title.
That wasn't a first party title, Nintendo only partially owned it. First party is something they would have completely owned, like Kirby, Super Metroid, or Earthbound

I would have liked to see UN squadron or Axelay. UN was a really great launch title that kept me busy for months. That lineup is pretty sweet though.

OK ... healthy amount of people in so far. 

Going to eat dinner and I'll check invites. After that I'll likely close it off unless I interact with you regular on CAG. 

Thanks guys -- going to send out one message now. 

HEADS UP

This was guaranteed to happen. I remember lots of entertainment in the amiibo LINE group with people who were perfectly nice suddenly flip and post genitalia in the alerts group at 3am.

This was guaranteed to happen. I remember lots of entertainment in the amiibo LINE group with people who were perfectly nice suddenly flip and post genitalia in the alerts group at 3am.
Lol. I was also remembering the LINE group as I clicked the link for Discord. But it looks like I'm stuck with it. Oh well.

So, where is the dude whose years upon years in the industry led him to swear on his mother that another Classic could never happen? That it was totally against Nintendo's business model and future interests?

There was no Smash Bros for the SNES...

The list is nice though. DCK2 is a crucial omission....Chrono Trigger is a big one, too. X2 and X3 would have been personal additions, but they aren't huge deals.
I meant this one LOL smash tv I remember when this was released it got high reviews like 9.5 lol

no wonder nintendo isnt doing switch vc

they wanna release these first

dey prolly discuntinued the nes classic so ppl get their online service

dey r so smart i luv them

HEADS UP

You can kick people from it too - but that only works if the link isn't posted in public so they can rejoin.

That game list is one of the best compilations I have ever seen released . From super punch out to contra, a bevy of 9 plus rated games.

Star fox was one of the most amazing releases for its time. if they threw Chrono trigger ,super smash tv on there the world would have stopped.

Donkey Kong Country™
EarthBound™
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO™
Kirby™ Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course™
Mega Man® X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox™
Star Fox™ 2
Super Castlevania IV™
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
Super Mario Kart™
Super Mario World™
Super Metroid™
Super Punch-Out!! ™
Yoshi’s Island™
I like this list but it is missing some sports games. I was looking forward to Super Tecmo Bowl or NBA Jam.

As long as those twatwaffles are still around, it'll happen again. Don't bother with discord if you have an Android phone:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.webalert&hl=en

Install this app, add the direct page to the mini and select the Coming Soon button element for monitoring. Set it to check every minute (unless you have your hands tied by low data cap) and set the notifications as you choose.

Well, this is a slap in the face to VC.  I wonder if this means we won't see VC at all this holiday season.

I wonder if Nintendo will make changes to the memory on these things to remove the ability to hack it with mods.  The reason it worked on the NES classics was because there was more memory in them to load the ROMS.

The easiest way for Nintendo to make it harder to soft-mod the SNES would be to put next to no external memory in it beyond what it needs to store the 21 games and any save states.  While I'm sure hackers might find a way, doing this would make it very difficult for laypeople to do it.

As long as those twatwaffles are still around, it'll happen again. Don't bother with discord if you have an Android phone:

Install this app, add the direct page to the mini and select the Coming Soon button element for monitoring. Set it to check every minute (unless you have your hands tied by low data cap) and set the notifications as you choose.
Thanks for the heads-up! Have you had success with this?

Well, this is a slap in the face to VC. I wonder if this means we won't see VC at all this holiday season.

I wonder if Nintendo will make changes to the memory on these things to remove the ability to hack it with mods. The reason it worked on the NES classics was because there was more memory in them to load the ROMS.

The easiest way for Nintendo to make it harder to soft-mod the SNES would be to put next to no external memory in it beyond what it needs to store the 21 games and any save states. While I'm sure hackers might find a way, doing this would make it very difficult for laypeople to do it.
They don't care if everyone gets hacked only going to produce a tiny quantity lol

I have a lowly iphone. Anybody have recommendations for it?

Edit: Also excellent use of the pronoun "twatwaffles"

bread's done
Back