SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Man I wasted the entire day and domestic pre-orders still didn't go up. I didn't get anything done today lol. Just want it to happen so I can move on and not have to worry about it any longer. If not tonight, they should go up tomorrow.

But you never know with these Nintendo products. Sometimes US retailers won't put them up at all, or not until they know how many they're getting, or not until release day, or maybe in the middle of some random night at 3am. But once that ship sails, brother it is gone.
I know when it'll go up.. it's when I'm asleep.

Man I wasted the entire day and domestic pre-orders still didn't go up. I didn't get anything done today lol. Just want it to happen so I can move on and not have to worry about it any longer. If not tonight, they should go up tomorrow.

But you never know with these Nintendo products. Sometimes US retailers won't put them up at all, or not until they know how many they're getting, or not until release day, or maybe in the middle of some random night at 3am. But once that ship sails, brother it is gone.
That's why I hopped on that EU version. Yes I'll try to get a US one but I don't have to drive myself crazy

Sitting here waiting, wondering if the delay on preorders is because they're adding Skyrim into it, RE4 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta hold steady.   Better to waste a day or two at the computer then having to run around town and wait in lines at stores hours before opening. 

20dqyRr.jpg

Guys, don't get your hopes up on Pre Orders. Target was the only place that took them for the NES Classic, and given how many headaches that thing created for retailers with limited inventory and dissatisfied customers, I would say it's very unlikely anyone will take Pre Orders on the SNES, especially since there is no guarantee how much inventory they will actually receive until it is in hand.

Guys, don't get your hopes up on Pre Orders. Target was the only place that took them for the NES Classic, and given how many headaches that thing created for retailers with limited inventory and dissatisfied customers, I would say it's very unlikely anyone will take Pre Orders on the SNES, especially since there is no guarantee how much inventory they will actually receive until it is in hand.
This is simply not true. Just because you don't remember the other retailer pre-orders doesn't mean they didn't happen. I don't mean *you* personally, but c'mon there was zero hype before the Classic NES was released. That's why you cannot remember it, because you weren't hyped...

This is simply not true. Just because you don't remember the other retailer pre-orders doesn't mean they didn't happen. I don't mean *you* personally, but c'mon there was zero hype before the Classic NES was released. That's why you cannot remember it, because you weren't hyped...
Um, what? No, seriously, there were no other pre orders, they didn't happen. and there was a TON of hype before the NES was released, people just didn't know how limited it would actually be.

The only other retailer besides Target was Toys R Us, which had them up before Target did and it didn't last long (and from what I remember it was only the system, not the controller, which at least Target put up). No other major retailer else put them out until release day and it was a massacre.

pssht I got 3 from Target pre-orders by being attentive so whatever. Doing so, I was able to secure one for me, my 8 year old nephew, and my college roommate.

I want one of these, but mainly only for Star Fox 2. I wonder what the odds of it eventually popping up for the (now non-existent) Switch Virtual Console are.

Um, what? No, seriously, there were no other pre orders, they didn't happen. and there was a TON of hype before the NES was released, people just didn't know how limited it would actually be.
Quit spreading false information. I did some research just to put this topic to an end. There is a 13 page thread back in July 2016 that covers a lot of the pre-orders. Heck, even NEWEGG was taking them. So, what proof do you got????

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

budmonster, on 27 Jul 2016 - 4:00 PM, said:

Sold out everywhere, TRU page is down, Otakumode is sold out. Amazon and BB haven't started. Any other places have it online, sold out or haven't begun pre orders yet?
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16868181078

Quit spreading false information. I did some research just to put this topic to an end. There is a 13 page thread back in July 2016 that covers a lot of the pre-orders. Heck, even NEWEGG was taking them. So, what proof do you got????

Posted 27 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

budmonster, on 27 Jul 2016 - 4:00 PM, said:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16868181078
Why are you being a contentious asshole? How many of those New Egg preorders do you think were actually fulfilled? No other major retailers took them. Not Amazon, not Wal Mart, not Best Buy.

Why are you being a contentious asshole? How many of those New Egg preorders do you think were actually fulfilled? No other major retailers took them. Not Amazon, not Wal Mart, not Best Buy.
I'm not being an asshole, I'm just being factual. This was only a year ago and most of you act like you have no memory of this. Again I proved my point, let's see you prove yours. (spoiler alert, you can't).

I can say for a FACT that Amazon and Best Buy took them. Ferrari Racer, why not just chime in and confirm? I read the threads where you were debating pre-ordering one...

Yeah, that's not true. I pre-ordered it from Best Buy. Not sure what you're going for here. As it's been said, this is easily verifiable.

I'm not being an asshole, I'm just being factual. This was only a year ago and most of you act like you have no memory of this. Again I proved my point, let's see you prove yours. (spoiler alert, you can't).

I can say for a FACT that Amazon and Best Buy took them. Ferrari Racer, why not just chime in and confirm? I read the threads where you were debating pre-ordering one...
What point? Ok, besides Target and apparently very briefly Toys R Us, only one online retailer took Pre Orders, and there's no evidence they were ever actually fulfilled. You're just being a smug asshole at this point.

You may have selective memory then. Here is the TRU thread for NES Classic preorders. Them and Target were the main retailers that did preorders and Target put there's up about a month after TRU:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/357394-nes-classic-edition-preorder-at-toysruscom/?hl=%2Bclassic+%2Bpreorder

Interesting to note in that thread, Post #3 (on July 26, 2016) is a note of the Best Buy link where the item was not available yet. It never became available until release date. Unless things have changed this year we probbaly shouldn't count on Best Buy putting up preorders anytime soon for the SNES Classic.

What point? Ok, besides Target and apparently very briefly Toys R Us, only one online retailer took Pre Orders, and there's no evidence they were ever actually fulfilled. You're just being a smug asshole at this point.
Well I guess I'm an informed asshole and you are a douche who refuses to accept the truth. What basis are you going on? The pre-order thread was a whopping 13 pages for the Classic NES. This is already over 68 pages!!! The hype isn't even comparable. This is my last message to you, clearly you just want to spew nonsense with no proof whatsoever.

Yeah, that's not true. I pre-ordered it from Best Buy. Not sure what you're going for here. As it's been said, this is easily verifiable.
When exactly did you preorder it from Best Buy? I distinctly remember it not being able to be ordered from them until the early morning of the release date.

When exactly did you preorder it from Best Buy? I distinctly remember it not being able to be ordered from them until the early morning of the release date.
Yeah, you're right. It's great that I posted how easily verifiable it was when I apparently didn't verify it. I totally remembered incorrectly. I did order it from Best Buy, but when I double-checked it was around 1:30AM on the day it came out. Can that count as a pre-order so I don't look too much like an idiot? It was before the brick and mortar stores opened! C'mon!

[quote name="Cheapchuck" post="13756265" timestamp="1498531397"]

He does have a point about Newegg though. A show of hands from anyone here who actually preordered AND received the NES Classic from Newegg. They are notorious for taking orders for things and not fulfilling them.

Yeah, you're right. It's great that I posted how easily verifiable it was when I apparently didn't verify it. I totally remembered incorrectly. I did order it from Best Buy, but when I double-checked it was around 1:30AM on the day it came out. Can that count as a pre-order so I don't look too much like an idiot? It was before the brick and mortar stores opened! C'mon!
Lol, no problem, it's close enough!

So, where is the dude whose years upon years in the industry led him to swear on his mother that another Classic could never happen? That it was totally against Nintendo's business model and future interests?
Lol. I remember that. To his credit, the only thing he got right was IF an snes was made it would priced higher. But like i said then (and now)for the most part, he was just talking out of his booty

Here's an idea Nintendo. Open preorders, calculate preorder numbers, then multiple that by 5. Maybe then everyone who wants one, gets one.

bread's done
Back