SNES Classic Discussion Thread

So whose pulling an all nighter in anticipation that pre-orders may go live? Just wanted to gauge whether I have a chance at getting one before it sells out in 2 seconds. 

I see your siren, and raise you a sheep

Time for a "the wait/struggle is real" poster?
Coming soon: the hottest and saltiest action film of the summer.

From the creators that brought you Scalp Wars NES Classic

TkbpyaK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if joking. Zombies Ate My Neighbors definitely predates all the current zombiz stuff.
Not joking. I've never liked Zombies so I don't touch anything with them in it. I know it's a kids game but even then I didn't want to waste money on a game whose core concept revolves around something I dislike. Especially when there are so many options out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess that depends what time zone you're in

So whose pulling an all nighter in anticipation that pre-orders may go live? Just wanted to gauge whether I have a chance at getting one before it sells out in 2 seconds.
That sort of depends what time zone you're in

Ugh I'm trying so hard to stay awake on the off chance these come up.  I feel like they will if I go to sleep and they won't if I stay up.  What to do, what to do...

Don't forget MMX2 and 3, E.V.O., Ninja warriors, Metal warrior, Battletoads, Battletoads Double Dragon, MK 1-3 and UMK3, Killer Instinct, Clayfighter, uniracers, stunt race fx, death and return of superman, Pilotwings, X-Men Apocalypse, Joe and Mac, Demon's Crest, Sim City, Harvest Moon, NBA Jam, Looney Tunes B-Ball, I can't remember the name exactly but I think it was called Space Megaforce, I'm pretty sure we had a Raiden and R-type on the SNES too,

Trying to do this without simply looking at my collection. That would be cheating. I'll edit as I think of others

Some good games there

We are forgetting the Star Wars games, the batman game and maybe beavis and butt head

Ugh I'm trying so hard to stay awake on the off chance these come up. I feel like they will if I go to sleep and they won't if I stay up. What to do, what to do...
Sleepy. You're getting sleepier. You're eyelids are getting heavier and heavier. Now go to sleep so the preorders can go live. Take one for the team.

lol I'm glad I already preordered from amazon U.K. otherwise I'd be refreshing the pages and Hoping for a restock

Will sega follow suit? They have a ton on steam already

Some good games there

We are forgetting the Star Wars games, the batman game and maybe beavis and butt head
I was thinking about SW but the only one I liked was Empire. Batman was amazing but I couldn't remember which version was the best. All I remember atm is that SNES and Genesis versions were completely different. Unless you're talking about Batman forever but that would be madness. While on the topic of unreleased games and Batman there was a really good one that was finished but never released. Can't remember its name either but I have a repro of it.

lol I'm glad I already preordered from amazon U.K. otherwise I'd be refreshing the pages and Hoping for a restock

Will sega follow suit? They have a ton on steam already
You have it backwards, Nintendo followed suit. Sega Genesis Classic Game Console 2016 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KV6E72O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mrZuzbGAJA0DW

Beat them to market and had more than double the games. But no one cared because.....sega. Sega has made some great games, but they sure don't have the marketing and trolling skills Nintendo does.

I think there have even been 2 or more versions over the last few years.

what did dude do to get banned anyway?
I really hope it was the rickroll guy who posted a link saying "omg restock! Click here " and it was a rickroll

Please tell me he got banned?
Don't remember his name but it was the guy with the dog (bear?) icon wearing the red hat. I think the mod just got tired of his spam trolling and banned him then went on to clean up the thread a bit, it didn't help prior to his post someone else trolled that Walmart had it in stock.

BBY was just unreachable for me for a min but back now. A lot of people refreshing at midnight perhaps?

If I didn't have a job interview in the morning I'd probably stay up till 3am.

An all nighter is too crazy for me.

You have it backwards, Nintendo followed suit. Sega Genesis Classic Game Console 2016 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KV6E72O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_mrZuzbGAJA0DW

Beat them to market and had more than double the games. But no one cared because.....sega. Sega has made some great games, but they sure don't have the marketing and trolling skills Nintendo does.

All the reviews are saying poor sound, system breaks, games won't play, the actual genesis was sturdy, well made machine, and ditto for nes/snes and even the nes classic. I have faith Nintendo won't botch up the snes classic, if sega came up with the equivalent but good quality I'd buy it as well

Got one of those for $15 on clearance. Worth every penny. Plus, it's nice that it plays cartridges.

Anyone know if the Amazon JP placeholder is up for the Japanese version? I want to get my hands on it.

No one cared because they always release Sega ultimate mixes anyways, e.g. Sonic Ultimate Genesis Collection.

Serious question, did GameStop b&m take preorders for the nes classic last year? If so, they will likely take preorders on the snes.

I don't understand how a juggernaut like Amazon sells through their presale allotment in minutes. As I understand GameStop w is or was the games retail giant, if their b&m takes reorders that would kill the need for refreshing on here for the unfortunate guys who missed out on a eu console

Serious question, did GameStop b&m take preorders for the nes classic last year? If so, they will likely take preorders on the snes.

I don't understand how a juggernaut like Amazon sells through their presale allotment in minutes. As I understand GameStop w is or was the games retail giant, if their b&m takes reorders that would kill the need for refreshing on here for the unfortunate guys who missed out on a eu console
I believe they did not. At least the ones around me did not

They didn't. Nobody did except for Target and Toysrus to my knowledge. And Amazon sold out in less than a minute. I know because I missed out on that one.

i believe gamestop did preorders but only for game bundles. I'm not sure myself it's been a year

Nope, just Target and Toys R Us. Pretty sure they ended up canceling some pre-orders too.

So does Nintendo. Just costs more, the OG SMB has been released a lot. All stars (twice), GBC, Advance, 3DS VC, Wii VC, Wii U VC.
They were released sparsely, on 3 systems. There wasn't a compilation of games at all.
Earthbound was on the Wii U, which the masses didn't buy.
Star Fox wasn't released, and Star Fox 2 obviously wasn't.
Contra III absolutely needed 2 classic controllers to co-op, which would make it near $50 just to play one game on the Wii.
Secret of Mana was fine on the Wii, but that's still been awhile for a relatively well-regarded title.

Plus, there's some people who are very turned off by Nintendo's digital service, where they make you buy it 3 times at full price, etc.

Nope, just Target and Toys R Us. Pretty sure they ended up canceling some pre-orders too.
They only made 2 million of the nes classic, the snes classic with games like ff3, metroid, earthbound, dkc, should sell like 10m just on the presales

While the nes was a good system and groundbreaking there is no denying final fantasy 3 blows away final fantasy 1 and that dkc blows away the original donkey Kong so much so that I would anticipate a much higher sales for this snes classic compared to the nes classic, surely Nintendo wants money?

I think if Nintendo produces enough, the SNES Mini may have better sales than the Xbox One X over the holiday season which is mind blowing.... fuck ing Nintendo.

I also doubt Sega joins this race as they have already created smaller scale Sega Genesis in the past with like 20-30 games. I think Atari did something similar a bit ago too. I remember seeing them for like $30-40 a year or two ago. No HDMI though. A PSOne may be interesting though. 

I think if Nintendo produces enough, the SNES Mini may have better sales than the Xbox One X over the holiday season which is mind blowing.... fuck ing Nintendo.

I also doubt Sega joins this race as they have already created smaller scale Sega Genesis in the past with like 20-30 games. I think Atari did something similar a bit ago too. I remember seeing them for like $30-40 a year or two ago. No HDMI though.
Yeah they had a few different Atari Flashback systems that didn't do too well

bread's done
Back