SNES Classic Discussion Thread

2qyhrJj.jpg
You are really in the wrong line of work, mate. Whatever it is you are doing.... it seems like your calling is elsewhere.

You are really in the wrong line of work, mate. Whatever it is you are doing.... it seems like your calling is elsewhere.
is this a compliment lol. my field is graphic design...I just can't get paid for memes sadly.

and no, I'm not a OKC fan. I occasionally watch Pacers but recently I've watched less NBA overall. NCAA is way more exciting.

Last edited by a moderator:
This site is going so nuts tonight, I'm glad this thread is sticking to it's intended purpose: not sleeping and definitely not talking about SNES preorders. 

And Danny Ainge was oh so close yet again, he's like the gamer camped out in line for an SNES Classic, and the last one being sold to the customer right in front of him.

I'm in Phoenix. I agree I got lucky by calling but figured I had nothing to lose. Only 1 of 3 stores I called received stock. The second store didn't bother checking though and just shut me down immediately. The employees were pretty friendly at the store I purchased mine from and were completely aware of the scarcity. They started asking me if I had controller extensions or if I planned to buy wireless controllers. Overall a great experience at that store.
This. I'll bet we called the same stores too. I got some punk kid that said no without even checking. Too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Nintendo store is so great. I was in NYC for a week near the MK8 release and had to leave 1 day before it released. Just after that I found out they were the only store in the US that had CEs for it. FML
The Nintendo World Store is an overpriced tourist trap just like eveything else in Midtown Manhattan. Their museum stuff they have on display it pretty cool however.

is this a compliment lol. my field is graphic design...I just can't get paid for memes sadly.

and no, I'm not a OKC fan. I occasionally watch Pacers but recently I've watched less NBA overall. NCAA is way more exciting.

In other words I'm watching less nba games because my team sucks.

The Nintendo World Store is an overpriced tourist trap just like eveything else in Midtown Manhattan. Their museum stuff they have on display it pretty cool however.
This is so wrong it hurts. Their merchandise while cheaper quality is really fairly priced. Adult t-shirts are like 25 dollars which is cheaper than Hot Topic or GameStop! Their medium sized plushes are only 20 bucks. I'm not sure what you expect from them.

Go to the Best Buy website (not the mobile version) and check what time it gives you under notify me.
That's been showing up for everyone for a couple of days now. It just displays the time you reloaded the page at. If this was a sign that Best Buy's pre-order would go up soon they would've done it by now.

Go to the Best Buy website (not the mobile version) and check what time it gives you under notify me.
It tells me to "order by 9:28am on 7/1/2017".

Two minutes later it told me to order by 9:30am (or basically whatever the current time is for me).

Personally, it sounds like it means nothing.

Its just the shipping calculator, most likely on by default on every listing. Order by "blank" time and receive by 2 days or whatever.

I noticed the Amazon page changed to "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
It also states the release date as December 29, 2017. None of these mean a thing; it still hasn't gone on preorder yet at any reputable store in the U.S.

Release date

December 29, 2017

Yeah, seriously. People need to chill on this... at this point, the only thing that seems certain is that it's waiting for FCC approval. 

Its funny, I dont think I have ever been so hyped for something. I've never refreshed one of Amazon's pages this many times. To be honest the day the SNES classic got announced I had been thinking of getting a pi 3 and getting one of those snes printed cases and making my own. Now I wont have to. Cause I will wait in line for 3 days if I have to to get one of these bad boys.

Japan version has Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, The Legend of Mystical Ninja, Panel de Pon and Super Soccer also Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers.

I didn't know, how could that even possible? 235 pages and no one posted anything like this?! /s

2345 replies and still no SNES up lol, what you guys been talking about?
We're talking about 2345 replies and what we've have been talking about.

But really, we shouldn't expect any new information for awhile now.

[quote name="KeeperOfWind" post="13763476" timestamp="1498931109"]

I didn't know, how could that even possible? 235 pages and no one posted anything like this?! /s

yes someone else posted that about 2 days ago, then I reposted a speculation followup article about it yesterday

I would have preferred US version would have had super street fighter Instead of turbo, now to get my hands on a Japanese version :whistle2:(

Yea, I saw the other post a bit too late..
Still it's a different article to support the evidence.
That article supports zero evidence. The author just says the delay is due to FCC, but attributes it to no one, does not get comment from Nintendo or try let alone the FCC or an "anonymous source".

That article is no different than someone posting on this forum.

bread's done
Back