SNES Classic Discussion Thread

That article supports zero evidence. The author just says the delay is due to FCC, but attributes it to no one, does not get comment from Nintendo or try let alone the FCC or an "anonymous source".

That article is no different than someone posting on this forum.
This, I'm not sure why everyone take these sites as facts with nothing to back them.

The site that was posted seemed to take from other news sites re-posted from a quick glance.

Last edited by a moderator:
That article supports zero evidence. The author just says the delay is due to FCC, but attributes it to no one, does not get comment from Nintendo or try let alone the FCC or an "anonymous source".

That article is no different than someone posting on this forum.
That's internet journalism these days, that kids like to cite as if it actually means something.

Also there is no door prize for being the fifth person to post another dumb, speculative SNES mini FCC related article.

And the first article looks almost like it was automatically created - the grammar and word choice is off in certain ways to make it look like no one's doing any proofreading.  Has any of these articles even posted a source for "FCC delays"?

Lol. Real journalists aren't wasting time looking for sources on the cause of delay for video game pre sales.

That's internet journalism these days, that kids like to cite as if it actually means something.

Also there is no door prize for being the fifth person to post another dumb, speculative SNES mini FCC related article.
The first article posted was a good article imo and well written, researched. It never made the claim the SNES was being held up due to FCC but said it *could* be why. That NintendoLife post is just click bait trash.

you really expect preorders for America? This is NoA they hate us. I wouldn't be surprised if preorders was exclusive to Nintendo world

I have a positive feeling about this release. I don't know why though
I have nor a positive or negative feeling

Screen_shot_2011-12-25_at_4.52.05_AM.png

just something to speculate, I don't really know if the FCC is the reason for hold up, but if it is we may be waiting close to a month or longer since Xbox 1 X hasn't gone up yet either and that was announced 2.5 weeks ago...FCC might be behind that as well.

just something to speculate, I don't really know if the FCC is the reason for hold up, but if it is we may be waiting close to a month or longer since Xbox 1 X hasn't gone up yet either and that was announced 2.5 weeks ago...FCC might be behind that as well.
Xbonex is confirmed that preorders are pending the fcc by Microsoft, fyi

Any electronic device emits radio signals and need to be looked at by the FCC. This is regardless of Bluetooth or wifi etc. There s an area in West Virginia where the world's largest radiographic telescope is located and anyone who lives in that area needs to have every single electronic device they purchase approved by the government to make sure it does not interfere. I just toured the place and you have to turn off everything. Even watches from folks taking the tour have caused interference in the past. For the folks who have said the FCC does not look at things like this... It is not correct. They will definitely be looking at an electronic device that will be sold on such a (hopefully) large scale because of what something like this could do near airports and so forth if there were to be an issue. If they have a backlog it would slow things up for us here in the states with regard to approval and pre-orders. This is probably not the only reason for a delay but it is a strong possibility. For days I have seen this go back and forth and I finally wanted to chime in. The amount if things in your home right now emitting tiny radio signals would astound you.

Good news is I can sleep at night.

Bad news is I can sleep at night. And miss it. 

Short term memory, this can be a good thing if you think about it. Means the pre-order links might stay up longer in a month's time once the hype dies a little. 

Thanks for those of you who posted that they found NES Classic at TRU. One area store got six in and I was able to nab one

Are Nintendo reprinting the NES Classics if Toys R Us are getting some out of nowhere?
Pure speculation:
They have been on a store closing rampage the last few years, I'm thinking they were re allocating stuff that was ordered for stores before they closed.

Brickseek shows a quick Walmart restock at the same time, along with one at the end of May.

Looks like Nintendo is still trickling them out, though it's hard to say if there will be any more this late in the game.

Any electronic device emits radio signals and need to be looked at by the FCC. This is regardless of Bluetooth or wifi etc. There s an area in West Virginia where the world's largest radiographic telescope is located and anyone who lives in that area needs to have every single electronic device they purchase approved by the government to make sure it does not interfere. I just toured the place and you have to turn off everything. Even watches from folks taking the tour have caused interference in the past. For the folks who have said the FCC does not look at things like this... It is not correct. They will definitely be looking at an electronic device that will be sold on such a (hopefully) large scale because of what something like this could do near airports and so forth if there were to be an issue. If they have a backlog it would slow things up for us here in the states with regard to approval and pre-orders. This is probably not the only reason for a delay but it is a strong possibility. For days I have seen this go back and forth and I finally wanted to chime in. The amount if things in your home right now emitting tiny radio signals would astound you.
Funny considering the FAA has no proof of any mobile electronic interference on planes ever, they play by the "better safe than sorry" rule.

Fcc is like radio frequencies, blaming big foot would make more sense for the delay. Use some logic people.

Fcc is like radio frequencies, blaming big foot would make more sense for the delay. Use some logic people.
Are you being serious? You think all FCC does is stuff with radio frequencies?

But yea, I doubt FCC has anything to do with the delay in pre-orders for the SNES Classic. People heard that the XBOX was delayed for that so are just assuming without any facts.

I wish they included Mega Man X2 and X3 in the list. As those games are friggen expensive on ebay.
Both of those titles use an enhancement chip for extra processing horsepower, and while "N" has apparently done something for their FX chip titles(SF 1&2), there where many different types of these chips offered during the SNES era. So it seems not likely "N" is going to spend much time making any of them work, unless one of their own titles needs it.

Both of those titles use an enhancement chip for extra processing horsepower, and while "N" has apparently done something for their FX chip titles(SF 1&2), there where many different types of these chips offered during the SNES era. So it seems not likely "N" is going to spend much time making any of them work, unless one of their own titles needs it.
More than likely it is due to X just being more popular and came out when the console was in its prime. It was always puzzling to me on the NES classic that they went with Super C and Simon's Quest rather than the originals, but I guess the publishers had some say into it.

Are you being serious? You think all FCC does is stuff with radio frequencies?

But yea, I doubt FCC has anything to do with the delay in pre-orders for the SNES Classic. People heard that the XBOX was delayed for that so are just assuming without any facts.
To be fair, it does have to do with radio wave emissions, something all electronic items emit. Totally different either way, though.

If it weren't for the FCC's undying vigilance, we'd all be suffering from the black shakes, like in Johnny Mnemonic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I wish they included Mega Man X2 and X3 in the list. As those games are friggen expensive on ebay.
This is what people buy when they want to play Mega Man X. Try these:

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-X-Collection-PlayStation-2/dp/B0009XBWY6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499005191&sr=8-1&keywords=megaman+x+collection

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-X-Collection-Gamecube/dp/B000A28ENI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1499005191&sr=8-2&keywords=megaman+x+collection

Mark my words, there is also a -very- good chance we'll see Mega Man X collections on PS4 and XB1 soon. Capcom has been strapped for cash and has been re-releasing most of their back catalogue.

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-X-Collection-PlayStation-2/dp/B0009XBWY6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1499005191&sr=8-1&keywords=megaman+x+collection

https://www.amazon.com/Mega-Man-X-Collection-Gamecube/dp/B000A28ENI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1499005191&sr=8-2&keywords=megaman+x+collection

Mark my words, there is also a -very- good chance we'll see Mega Man X collections on PS4 and XB1 soon. Capcom has been strapped for cash and has been re-releasing most of their back catalogue.
Knowing them we'll get MMX Collection 1 MMX1-4 and MMX collection 2 MMX5-8

If you have a Vita/PSP, Megaman Maverick Hunter X is a fantastic way to play Megaman X. It adds a cool second runthrough feature with Vile that changes things quite a bit.

I thought Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 would have them but apparently not—it's just Mega Man 7-10 :(

Apparently Wii and Wii U have X2/X3 on Virtual Console, and I know X4/X5 are on PS3 Shop because I own them :)

So Newegg just randomly put up a bunch of NES Classics for sale on eBay at Scalper prices started at $199.99 now they raised it to $239.99 each. Wow. I did not think a company like Newegg would do such a thing. Looks like they were hoarding NES Classics all this time and decided to wait it out to sell for the highest amount. What a scum bag thing to do. No wonder they never had them on sale on their Website. They were too busy keeping them refusing to sell it at $59.99. Something tells me the SNES mini is going to be a mess at trying to buy at normal prices. 

So Newegg just randomly put up a bunch of NES Classics for sale on eBay at Scalper prices $239.99 each. Wow. I did not think a company like Newegg would do such a thing. Looks like they were hoarding NES Classics all this time and decided to wait it out to sell for the highest amount. What a scum bag thing to do. No wonder they never had them on sale on their Website. They were too busy keeping them refusing to sell it at $59.99. Something tells me the SNES mini is going to be a mess at trying to buy at normal prices.
was it a 3rd party seller?

was it a 3rd party seller?
Nope. Its from the Official New Egg eBay account. Which means its directly from Newegg themselves. And judging by the amount they have sold so far, those NES Classics were clearly intended to be sold at their Website for the standard $59.99. But they held on to them. I can't believe they would do that.

So Newegg just randomly put up a bunch of NES Classics for sale on eBay at Scalper prices $239.99 each. Wow. I did not think a company like Newegg would do such a thing. Looks like they were hoarding NES Classics all this time and decided to wait it out to sell for the highest amount. What a scum bag thing to do. No wonder they never had them on sale on their Website. They were too busy keeping them refusing to sell it at $59.99. Something tells me the SNES mini is going to be a mess at trying to buy at normal prices.
Newegg is a horrible place to buy anything from.

$239.99...

And no Free Shipping, Thats the Real Crime Here. 

Seriously though, looking at that now puts Newegg on my do not buy from list as far as retailers go. 

bread's done
Back