SNES Classic Discussion Thread

So Newegg just randomly put up a bunch of NES Classics for sale on eBay at Scalper prices started at $199.99 now they raised it to $239.99 each. Wow. I did not think a company like Newegg would do such a thing. Looks like they were hoarding NES Classics all this time and decided to wait it out to sell for the highest amount. What a scum bag thing to do. No wonder they never had them on sale on their Website. They were too busy keeping them refusing to sell it at $59.99. Something tells me the SNES mini is going to be a mess at trying to buy at normal prices.
Amazon has been selling them for $260 too. So it is what it is. It's like when car dealerships sell a car over msrp because they can. Don't forget the S in msrp stands for "suggested".

Last edited by a moderator:
$239.99...

And no Free Shipping, Thats the Real Crime Here.

Seriously though, looking at that now puts Newegg on my do not buy from list as far as retailers go.
I was thinking the same thing. The only reason I ever buy from Newegg is because they do not charge sales tax here in NYC. I didn't think they would ever resort to playing the role of scalper on eBay. Pretty shocking.

gQsJe8E.jpg

That's scummy AF
If People flood NOA Twitter with complaints, they might cut off Newegg as a supplier.

At the Toys R Us I work at, we had a case of NES Classics in today. We had them out for a while but nobody knew we had them so the fellow employees (I already had mine from work back in January) bought them.

Fulfilled by Amazon with prime shipping tho.
That just means amazon ships the item for the person/seller.

This saves them from having to ship themselves and not be liable for any missing packages. that would fall on amazon.

Also their item has a better chance of selling because of the available prime shipping.

Here is a link for people to spread.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/292121417127

Tweeted IGN and giantbomb, just for fun to see if one can get a Newegg response. I'm not mad, I already have one. It's fun when GameStop gives their responses when they do stuff like this.

"We are protecting our customers, if we priced these at $60, scalpers would have bought them up and priced them at $260 or more. In reality, we are doing our customers a favor and giving them a discount"

Feel free to send me offers for a PR BS job.

I was thinking the same thing. The only reason I ever buy from Newegg is because they do not charge sales tax here in NYC. I didn't think they would ever resort to playing the role of scalper on eBay. Pretty shocking.
Google Use Tax. You still owe the state of New York taxes for your purchases.

I won't harp on you I promise. It's just a pet peeve of mine (especially as a degreed accountant) when people say they don't owe taxes because the vendor didn't charge them. It's ultimately the taxpayer's responsibility to pay the taxes they owe. The good news is you are not alone. I swear I think that accountants (and maybe lawyers?) are the only ones actually paying this tax. I know in my home state it's now on the income tax form so it's much more in your face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In this thread: People who don't know what MSRP stands for. Yeah, it's a dick move but it's not illegal or anything. 

Doesn't matter. You do know Amazon allows other people to sell on their site right lol?
Better question: who cares? The point is they're going for that price on amazon. You don't like the competitive price newegg is charging then don't buy from them. That's your right as a customer.

It's greedy when a company tries to screw me over and flip products to me, but it's ok when I screw other people over and flip stuff to them.

When Nintendo announced the "last" shipments in April Frys had them listed for $99.99, through them and not a third party, but never had them in stock

If you're against capitalism you're in the wrong country.
Great dogmatic thinking. Is it not possible to be a proud American yet still want to improve our far-from-perfect country?

Do you really not see that we still have a long way to go, no matter how one feels about capitalism?

Do you not understand that the CORE of our founding values is the right to disagree with something, especially when living within our borders?

Wake the F up.

Newegg was my go to place about 5+ years ago, and they where amazing at the time. Good deals, one day shipping for free more often than not, and I used them all the time.

Then slowly they begin to take forever on shipping, and any issues required an act of God to fix, and the list goes on and on. I haven't bought anything from them in ages, as the deals just are no longer there, but in a situation like this, they are just taking advantage of a situation that "N" has created, and seems OK with allowing to happen, so I don't see the issue personally.

When and where do you see Sony or MS products getting marked up like this? You don't, and until the masses stop supporting this kind of shit on all sides(from the top down), then it will continue and only get worse. 

Holy crap, I just thought the picture applied to the situation, I wasn't making a political statement.

Isn't this kind of ironic? They act like they try to save the little guys. Then they hold back NES classics so they can make an extra 20k.
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160322005201/en/Newegg-Offers-Support-Defense-LARPer-Patent-Abuse

A company that makes 2.6 billion in sales on reduced priced items. 20k is less than a tenth of that. Why risk the bad PR? Maybe Newegg is actually in some kind of financial trouble, it is a private company so it wouldn't be easy to find out.

Edit: After a search, it seems they got some financial help from Chinese investors last year

If People flood NOA Twitter with complaints, they might cut off Newegg as a supplier.
Yeah, Nintendo has every right to refuse to supply them for doing this. Nintendo did not give them wholesale prices with the expectations that they'd do this.

In this thread: People who don't know what MSRP stands for. Yeah, it's a dick move but it's not illegal or anything.
I'm a libertarian. I believe in free markets. However, Nintendo provides these third party sellers with certain benefits in return for certain expectations. Nintendo can decide if they think Newegg is fulfilling those and respond accordingly.

Great dogmatic thinking. Is it not possible to be a proud American yet still want to improve our far-from-perfect country?

Do you really not see that we still have a long way to go, no matter how one feels about capitalism?

Do you not understand that the CORE of our founding values is the right to disagree with something, especially when living within our borders?

Wake the F up.
1awi60.jpg

Many of us aren't here by choice. Also, I believe in freedom of speech, am I not allowed to criticize obvious faults of my country?
Feel free. I'm making a statement that this is a country driven by greed. I actually feel the same way you do that it's a major problem.

A lot of companies are incredibly cheap in all major areas of retail. Some companies don't like to hire full time employees because then they'd have to offer medical benefits and so instead of hiring full time employees they hire part timers working near full time hours but without any benefits what so ever. I work part time in a grocery store and I can get 40hours a week one or two times a month but as soon as I get close to becoming full time they cut my hours in half because if I work 3 or 4 weeks of 40hrs consecutively, I'll automatically get booted to full time. To counter that they cut my hours back as it gets very close for me to be a full time employee. A lot companies here want people to work really hard and very fast for little to nothing in return only to be physically exhausted at the end of the day. Doing this kind of work over several years can lead to a lot of health issues but this only a minimum wage job! As soon as someone can't physically work anymore they fire them and hire a healthy guy in their place.

I remember FCA gave dealers an ultimatum when the Hellcat came out and pics started going viral of dealers marking the way up. If they continue mark them up, Dodge will refuse them any new Hellcat inventory, I think even threatening them to be blackisted from getting future special models. That was a pretty awesome move IMO. I think they even had FCA guys randomly check the dealers. THAT is a customer friendly move.

I remember a gaming podcast(so I'm not sure if it's true or just a stereotypical culture story) where a guy traveled to Sony for some reveal and started asking about some of the strange ways Sony does things, like not being able to change PSN names. The guy said SCEA would love to do it, but because of traditional business practices of Japanese culture, which are based around extremely old ideology, the bosses are revered, and nearly to be viewed as infallible, final word should not be questioned or argued. So the old business dude sees that implementation of a name change programs costs a lot of money, and doesn't understand the point because he is a business man, not a gamer, so he says no and the subject is over. Lower levels guys telling him he is wrong is a slap in the face and disrespectful, so they won't dare.

A lot of companies are incredibly cheap in all major areas of retail. Some companies don't like to hire full time employees because then they'd have to offer medical benefits and so instead of hiring full time employees they hire part timers working near full time hours but without any benefits what so ever. I work part time in a grocery store and I can get 40hours a week one or two times a month but as soon as I get close to becoming full time they cut my hours in half because if I work 3 or 4 weeks of 40hrs consecutively, I'll automatically get booted to full time. To counter that they cut my hours back as it gets very close for me to be a full time employee. A lot companies here want people to work really hard and very fast for little to nothing in return only to be physically exhausted at the end of the day. Doing this kind of work over several years can lead to a lot of health issues but this only a minimum wage job! As soon as someone can't physically work anymore they fire them and hire a healthy guy in their place.
not to mention, there has almost never been enough jobs out there for everyone who wants one to have one, so employers have always had the upper hand when negotiating employment contracts with lowly wage slaves desperate to get anything they can.

this advantage employers have gets stronger by the day with jobs being automated, if not outsourced, as we transition to a gig economy at the behest of our job creators who, more likely than not, inherited their wealth and invest all of their money to perpetuate this trend.

but yea let's not talk about the harsh realities and pretend everything is a-okay.

I

I remember FCA gave dealers an ultimatum when the Hellcat came out and pics started going viral of dealers marking the way up. If they continue mark them up, Dodge will refuse them any new Hellcat inventory, I think even threatening them to be blackisted from getting future special models. That was a pretty awesome move IMO. I think they even had FCA guys randomly check the dealers. THAT is a customer friendly move.

I remember a gaming podcast(so I'm not sure if it's true or just a stereotypical culture story) where a guy traveled to Sony for some reveal and started asking about some of the strange ways Sony does things, like not being able to change PSN names. The guy said SCEA would love to do it, but because of traditional business practices of Japanese culture, which are based around extremely old ideology, the bosses are revered, and nearly to be viewed as infallible, final word should not be questioned or argued. So the old business dude sees that implementation of a name change programs costs a lot of money, and doesn't understand the point because he is a business man, not a gamer, so he says no and the subject is over. Lower levels guys telling him he is wrong is a slap in the face and disrespectful, so they won't dare.
Wow. I wish they would do that for the new Civic Type-R. It's a $30k sports car with dealership markups as high as $25k. That's outrageous.

I

Wow. I wish they would do that for the new Civic Type-R. It's a $30k sports car with dealership markups as high as $25k. That's outrageous.
Way OT so...
Yeah I want to test one of those out. More of a sports and muscle car guy (had a 10 second 67 Firebird 400, and a 69 Camaro RS before that), but some of the engineering that has gone into it got my interest. Also bought a new Accord Touring in 2016 so the dealer might be happy to let me(on the other hand I caught their window tinter doing something really shady, made a fuss over it in person(I might still have the video on my PC somewhere and they defended them), and they took the tinter's side. Basically they were 2 hours late and claimed they just were running behind.
But on the way back my dash cam was violently hit twice, knocked down and lost power. The video returned when the car was parked a few block from the dealer.

At the Toys R Us I work at, we had a case of NES Classics in today. We had them out for a while but nobody knew we had them so the fellow employees (I already had mine from work back in January) bought them.
Can you (or some TRU employee) check the TRU system to find out which stores are still showing inventory?

I've been calling TRU in Chicago and was lucky to find a store that had one in stock.  They were even nice enough to put it on hold for me.

I've been calling TRU in Chicago and was lucky to find a store that had one in stock. They were even nice enough to put it on hold for me.
Hey I'm in Chicago. Any chance you can PM me which stores? Would love to grab one; missed out on first batch. Figured I'd have no chance in big city like Chicago.

not to mention, there has almost never been enough jobs out there for everyone who wants one to have one, so employers have always had the upper hand when negotiating employment contracts with lowly wage slaves desperate to get anything they can.

this advantage employers have gets stronger by the day with jobs being automated, if not outsourced, as we transition to a gig economy at the behest of our job creators who, more likely than not, inherited their wealth and invest all of their money to perpetuate this trend.

but yea let's not talk about the harsh realities and pretend everything is a-okay.
You are free to take the job, not take the job, start different business, get an education and go to work in a different field, whatever. I agree that there is a "harsh reality" - nothing is assured and you have to work to take care of yourself the best you can. This is true in any and all economic systems.

As far as US millionaires go, 80% of them are first generation millionaires. That means that most of them did not inherit their money. I admit that this is not the same as "job creators", but I could not find the stats on that, but I would like to see a source for your inheritance claim.

And, just so you know, I believe that free market capitalism is a great economic system. I also believe that we have a moral duty to help the people that are less fortunate than us. I may just disagree with how it is best for us to go about that.

Its ironic. Read this article about retail stores selling at scalper prices.

http://n4g.com/news/2075785/european-nintendo-distributors-are-the-biggest-snes-classic-scalpers

This is going to happen with the SNES mini believe that. Now that retail stores know that Nintendo will only make the SNES mini until the end of 2017. Retail stores are going to hoard like %50 of their stock on purpose to sell later for much higher. Is that even legal?

What does msrp stand for again?

LOL what's MSRP? What's Google to people these days? Seems like it's fuckin useless

Umm...I think you missed the point of their post

Nope... don't think I did
Did you not read the post I posted right under?!? You totally missed the sarcasm in the post... Where are the comprehension skills at, left them in the third grade? At least jsivley, vinny and a few others saw the point I was trying to make.

Wow. You just solved everything. Congrats. You totally understood completely how economics works. Minimum wage increases are totally just a waste of money. Poor people totally just hold onto all their income. They don't immediately put it right back into the economy helping everyone.

Newegg was my go to place about 5+ years ago, and they where amazing at the time. Good deals, one day shipping for free more often than not, and I used them all the time.

Then slowly they begin to take forever on shipping, and any issues required an act of God to fix, and the list goes on and on. I haven't bought anything from them in ages, as the deals just are no longer there, but in a situation like this, they are just taking advantage of a situation that "N" has created, and seems OK with allowing to happen, so I don't see the issue personally.

When and where do you see Sony or MS products getting marked up like this? You don't, and until the masses stop supporting this kind of shit on all sides(from the top down), then it will continue and only get worse.
Are you the obsessed with Nintendo or something? I mean ffs you sound like a broken record, as it seems like 9/10 of your posts are regarding Nintendo in one way or another.

bread's done
Back