SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Just go to sleep lol

There won't be any SNES preorders tonight, so why bother with the economy blather?

I am sitting here just wishing I could sleep, but my newfound flu won't let me. Real pain in the gut. Why can't preorders just go up to console me XD

I called a few stores around Chicago and they all said they haven't gotten any in months.:whistle2:(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll never understand how people think that they should be able to live off of and provide for a family on a job that is designed to be an entry-level minimum-wage job. They are there for those starting out in life; to make a few bucks while getting some experience under their belt. They weren't designed to sustain real bills and family. It's basic economics...if your employer had to pay for a huge increase in minimum wage, health benefits for you and your family, as well as vacation time and sick time for someone who bags groceries or works as a stocker, two things would happen: 1) Your insurance costs would be so high you wouldn't be able to afford it and 2) your employer would have to raise the costs of the items so high no one would shop there and you'd lose your job from the business going under. This would ultimately cancel out (or worse) any minimum pay hike you got. Look at any fast food establishment who switched to automated ordering systems...next to no employees and systems that don't make nearly as many human-employee mistakes.

Inflation never works. The ultimate goal of anyone in an entry-level position should be to get enough experience or education (viable education, not liberal arts degrees) to move either up in said company or out to something better. There are plenty of grants available to do this. I work in the education system at the college level and deal with it daily.

Plus...we don't have a free market/capitalist economy. There is FAR too much government regulation to be considered either one of those. Everyone not making what they consider "enough" wants to throw around "greed." Take a good long hard look at what you're really doing for a living...yet everyone wants to make a crap-ton more themselves. Society needs to reconsider what is REALLY a "need" compared to a "want."

/EndObservationalRant
I pay my shipping staff $12/hr plus give them full health-insurance with a low deductible and good coverage at Limited Run Games. The cost of our products has not gone up due to this. I just don't pay myself an exorbitant amount as the CEO. Sometimes the people at the bottom are just as important as the people at the top. I've worked just as hard as a grunt as I have as a CEO so I don't think I deserve to have such a huge disparity in earnings between myself and my employees.

Don't know why this conversation is happening in the SNES Classic thread, though.

A lot of companies are incredibly cheap in all major areas of retail. Some companies don't like to hire full time employees because then they'd have to offer medical benefits and so instead of hiring full time employees they hire part timers working near full time hours but without any benefits what so ever. I work part time in a grocery store and I can get 40hours a week one or two times a month but as soon as I get close to becoming full time they cut my hours in half because if I work 3 or 4 weeks of 40hrs consecutively, I'll automatically get booted to full time. To counter that they cut my hours back as it gets very close for me to be a full time employee. A lot companies here want people to work really hard and very fast for little to nothing in return only to be physically exhausted at the end of the day. Doing this kind of work over several years can lead to a lot of health issues but this only a minimum wage job! As soon as someone can't physically work anymore they fire them and hire a healthy guy in their place.
Make sure you write Obama a thank you card for your cut hours. And if you live in one of those States with an increasing $15+ minimum wage, thank your local government.

It is so depressing seeing how many fellow Americans don't understand economics...

Please god let me preorder the SNES soon so I don't have to come back to this thread and read comments with the neckbeards arguing over capitalism.
I am also glad I already preordered from amazon UK that I do not have to keep up with this thread about non-gaming topics.

It's ok, this threads basically been a completely derailed for the last 75 pages...
Yeah, I was laughing at that one myself. There's no proper qty's or preorders to be had(in the US at least), so the "off topic" post always rise to the occasion and fill the void.

The LRG thread is often derailed with similar off topic discussions as "loose disc" and "Ebay Chris"(both of which happen like clockwork every few weeks), so that's why I found Josh's last line rather amusing. LOL

Make sure you write Obama a thank you card for your cut hours. And if you live in one of those States with an increasing $15+ minimum wage, thank your local government.

It is so depressing seeing how many fellow Americans don't understand economics...
Not sure if that was sarcasm about Obama, but companies have been doing that for decades. Keep everyone they can at a maximum of 32 hours so they fall under part time classification and are ineligible for company-provided benefits. If they accidentally schedule you for more, you're practically guaranteed to be going home early at least one day that week. Its been like that since I worked my first job back in the mid 90s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Please god let me preorder the SNES soon so I don't have to come back to this thread and read comments with the neckbeards arguing over capitalism.
I've learned to skim comments on this forum and be able to locate what I need that way so I don't have to read all the junk.

I borrowed this from the mass effect  thread, but i think it accurately describes this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDMrncAy4U

This thread should be nuked from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. 

You should start with being depressed with that American you see in the mirror each day. You appear to want to frame your understanding of economics by who you oppose politically instead of reality.

I'll never understand how people think that they should be able to live off of and provide for a family on a job that is designed to be an entry-level minimum-wage job. They are there for those starting out in life; to make a few bucks while getting some experience under their belt. They weren't designed to sustain real bills and family. It's basic economics...if your employer had to pay for a huge increase in minimum wage, health benefits for you and your family, as well as vacation time and sick time for someone who bags groceries or works as a stocker, two things would happen: 1) Your insurance costs would be so high you wouldn't be able to afford it and 2) your employer would have to raise the costs of the items so high no one would shop there and you'd lose your job from the business going under. This would ultimately cancel out (or worse) any minimum pay hike you got. Look at any fast food establishment who switched to automated ordering systems...next to no employees and systems that don't make nearly as many human-employee mistakes.

Inflation never works. The ultimate goal of anyone in an entry-level position should be to get enough experience or education (viable education, not liberal arts degrees) to move either up in said company or out to something better. There are plenty of grants available to do this. I work in the education system at the college level and deal with it daily.

Plus...we don't have a free market/capitalist economy. There is FAR too much government regulation to be considered either one of those. Everyone not making what they consider "enough" wants to throw around "greed." Take a good long hard look at what you're really doing for a living...yet everyone wants to make a crap-ton more themselves. Society needs to reconsider what is REALLY a "need" compared to a "want."

/EndObservationalRant
The whole point of a minimum wage is a wage that will allow you to live at minimal standards. If someone has to work 2 minimum wage jobs just to pay off their living expenses, then that's not meeting the definition of a minimum wage.

When you adjust for inflation, people are being paid way less than the minimum wage standards of 20 - 30 years ago, in 1968 the federal minimum wage was about $3 more than it is today.

Today we live in an economy where it is very hard to build yourself up without inheriting wealth, or knowing the right people. Automation is driving out menial labor...not a bad thing in my opinion, as eventually this is going to lead to basic income, it's just going to be a really rough transition. Still I find it appalling that people like you defend shitty business practices, and are satisfied with protecting corporate interests rather than the working class,

jxrtYtI.jpg

The whole point of a minimum wage is a wage that will allow you to live at minimal standards. If someone has to work 2 minimum wage jobs just to pay off their living expenses, then that's not meeting the definition of a minimum wage.

When you adjust for inflation, people are being paid way less than the minimum wage standards of 20 - 30 years ago, in 1968 the federal minimum wage was about $3 more than it is today.

Today we live in an economy where it is very hard to build yourself up without inheriting wealth, or knowing the right people. Automation is driving out menial labor...not a bad thing in my opinion, as eventually this is going to lead to basic income, it's just going to be a really rough transition. Still I find it appalling that people like you defend shitty business practices, and are satisfied with protecting corporate interests rather than the working class,
Remember friend, this is America. The country where everyone should be able to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, where everyone has equal opportunity, where anyone who can't make it here is just lazy...

Please recognize that I'm being sarcastic :)

This thread reminds me of the scene in the Anchorman deleted scenes movie where they resort to cannibalism after being lost for 5 minutes and you can see all the fast food places in the background.

You appear to want to frame your understanding of economics by who you oppose politically instead of reality.
I'd post some WSJ links for you but you'd probably scoff. Here you go son, go chew on this and feel free to leave the shed after you read the articles:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/06/26/new-study-casts-doubt-on-whether-a-15-minimum-wage-really-helps-workers/?utm_term=.dea1af1e04df

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/minnesota-mark-dayton-obamacare-not-affordable-229690

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/employees-working-fewer-hours-due-to-obamacare-survey/article/2562012

I kind of hate to drag this conversation on, but it seems like it needs a slightly broader perspective. I lived in Germany for a while, and at the time unemployment was actually quite high (around 10%). One of the issues they had was the lesser paying jobs tended not to be full time. The reason for this was because full time jobs had certain government mandated benefits and this lead to some employers hiring almost exclusively part time. Everything has a consequence.

ignorant.

Done. Been reading those same articles with another title for almost 35 years.

I enjoy certain minded folks posting "studies" to support their prejudices whilst ignoring the realities of science and health.

Would you like to see some studies on how many people will acquire, spread and die from HIV / AIDS when economic obsessed politicians take away the education and access to healthcare required to assist them? The ignorance is the black and white way certain people see the world.

It's gotten to the point where I cannot tell whether I am in the SNES Classic thread or the XBL Deals thread with all this off topic arguing over nothing!

It's gotten to the point where I cannot tell whether I am in the SNES Classic thread or the XBL Deals thread with all this off topic arguing over nothing!
We're here trying to buy an overpriced emulator with games we've all probably played already (for most of us it serves little to no purpose, it won't clothe, feed, or house us), while we complain about capitalism. What's confusing about that?

Done. Been reading those same articles with another title for almost 35 years.

I enjoy certain minded folks posting "studies" to support their prejudices whilst ignoring the realities of science and health.

Would you like to see some studies on how many people will acquire, spread and die from HIV / AIDS when economic obsessed politicians take away the education and access to healthcare required to assist them? The ignorance is the black and white way certain people see the world.
Well, honestly, I won't read the study. However, it would be interesting if you post the number of how many people will spread and die from HIV/AIDS without education and access to healthcare. Can't we just spam the internet with gifs of a lady putting a condom on a banana? I think that would be a better way to educate the world.

Yeah. I could have guessed that from reading your posts. You don't seem very interested in any idea that doesn't suit your dogma.

Yeah. I could have guessed that from reading your posts. You don't seem very interested in any idea that doesn't suit your dogma.
Well, I am interested in SNES Classics which is why I'm here and why you are here. Cheers!!! :D/

giphy.gif

Wish I knew rich people so I could complain about minimum wage.

That's how it works right... I mean the only way to make it now is be born rich or be friends with a rich man.

America is great. Unless your poor or a non white male

America is great. Unless your poor or another any other color then white.
Yeah, if only we could be so well off that we could waste time on a PC, on the internet, on a thread with thousands of replies, literally trying to get Nintendo to take our money so we can have a collector's item.

Too bad we're not busy worrying where our next meal will come from, or how we're going to keep a roof over our heads. We can debate what's great or not, but this is just about the last thread where any woe is me stories belong. If you have the luxury of being here trying to piss money away, then you have nothing to complain about. There are people in the world that do, but they're damn sure not reading this thread right now.

Lol politics in this thread, elitist no one can come in my treehouse attitudes in the GameStop thread, CAG never ceases to disappoint.

Thread starter, delete this thread until preorders go up.
Sadly preorders would most likely be sold out by the time the thread would be restarted. So this thread must live or we'll have someone else post a SNES Classic thread every other day.

The best way to fix a topic divergence like this, is to change the topic.

A hypothetical PSX Classic is announced by Sony using left over parts from the PSTV, it has 16GB HD for PS1 PSN compatibility as well as 20 exclusive not currently found on PSN games. What should those games be?

fuck, I go away for a couple of days and come back to this. 

It's one thing when it's mindless nonsense & incoherent ramblings steaming from boredom & lack of sleep in order to past the time.  I do not come hear to a economical or political discussion(and I use that term loosely).  I have to constantly hear that stuff on a daily basis, the spew from both sides who the terms 'common sense' & 'compromise' no longer apply to and it's driven me certified crazy.

I come for the following,

1. SNES classic pre-orders.(GO LIVE ALREADY DAM YOU! END THIS HORROR! :lol:)

2. To complain that NOA is one of the most inept companies to ever exist or secretly a bunch of geniuses that are giant aholes that loves trolling it's consumer base to no end.

3. All other gaming related discussions.

4. The occasional off topic joking we do to escape our daily depressing reality.

I've said my peace.

P.S. Newegg you suck.

Sadly preorders would most likely be sold out by the time the thread would be restarted. So this thread must live or we'll have someone else post a SNES Classic thread every other day.

The best way to fix a topic divergence like this, is to change the topic.

A hypothetical PSX Classic is announced by Sony using left over parts from the PSTV, it has 16GB HD for PS1 PSN compatibility as well as 20 exclusive not currently found on PSN games. What should those games be?
Ape Escape

Croc 2

ODT: Or Die Trying

Incredible Crisis

Blood Omen

Spider: The Video Game

Countdown Vampires

Gekido

Casper

Reboot

Mission: Impossible

Small Soldiers

In Cold Blood

Tail of the Sun

Armored Core 2

Blasto

Fear Effect

Fear Effect 2

T.R.A.G.

Galerians

i think it's important to have some real stinkers in there, lest you be accused of whitewashing history

also p much everything worth playing is on PSN

bread's done
Back