SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I can't believe it!!!!!!!

Since I got nowhere with the call center, I called around the area and I actually found a local Toys R Us that just got a box of NES Classics right before I called. They offered to hold one for an hour for me and I just picked it up. This is awesome! I have been trying to find one since it was released with no success, but I finally found one in a store!

Thank you so much to everyone in this thread that mentioned the random shipment at Toys r Us! I definitely would not have found one without you guys!!

FYI - the South 27th St. Milwaukee Toys R Us still had two more sitting at customer service behind the counter. I hope a CAG gets one. You can try to call to see if they will hold it.

Last edited by a moderator:
the number that ends in 024. i.called again and the person couldn't find it but I told him it's the NES classic and they found it that way too.
They also ask for item number but it's not online so only UPC or if you describe what it is.
if they wanna be helpful they will find it.
only 1 store in all MY had it and I was told they have dozens. they only were willing to sell me one tho

None of the TRU I called in my area have it. It's amazing how this has got me so worked up!!! I want one so bad! :bomb:

Thank you all to who are sharing their locations about nes classic restock. It seem to be mostly east coast and some Midwest locations that are reporting any.

Called up two closest TRU and they're both oos. Anyone got any luck with stores in Chicagoland area?

This is for the NES btw.

This article actually touches on that with regards to the current US pre-order situation. I must say, I learned a few things and it's a great bit of journalism. Kind of surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet but it appears FCC isn't a legitimate hold up for pre-orders.

We are.
Well, less us and more scalpers, but that's interesting stuff. Especially the shooting down the FCC thing, which is kinda what I was thinking back to when the first article got posted in this thread (altho I didn't know why the FCC wouldn't be involved)

I know it's a long shot but if anyone can pick up an NES classic for me I'll cover all expenses - really been desperate for one and none within 200 mi of me have any 😤

I know it's a long shot but if anyone can pick up an NES classic for me I'll cover all expenses - really been desperate for one and none within 200 mi of me have any 😤

Same here! I have never been able to find one in stores. Mine are OOS which is not a shock around here.

I'm afraid to call TRU here in NYC about the NES Classic. I feel like employees are so ghetto they wont even check the stock, and if they do it will just encourage them to lie so they can buy it for themselves. Is there any other way to check stock online somehow?

Gotta love the Tru employee that just flat tells me it's discontinued and just gives me the PR statement about stock. Doubt he even checked.

I was in TRU today just browsing, and taking a quick peek if they had any NES Classics when I heard the best little convo ever:

Customer: Do you have any Nintendo switch in-stock?

Employee: No, we all out.

Customer: Do you happen to know when you might be getting them in?

Employee: No, I have not been able to correctly guess when they be coming back.

This article actually touches on that with regards to the current US pre-order situation. I must say, I learned a few things and it's a great bit of journalism. Kind of surprised it hasn't been mentioned here yet but it appears FCC isn't a legitimate hold up for pre-orders.

We are.
More speculation just like the FCC rumor.

We will never know the reason for the delay, unless a retailer speaks out.

I'm afraid to call TRU here in NYC about the NES Classic. I feel like employees are so ghetto they wont even check the stock, and if they do it will just encourage them to lie so they can buy it for themselves. Is there any other way to check stock online somehow?
I get what you're saying, trying to get something like this in the city is a pipe dream. The employees can and will keep it for themselves.

It seems pretty obvious that no stores want to risk taking more pre-orders than they will receive supply. Best Buy and Target rightfully have no faith in Nintendo to not fuck them over and give them 3000 consoles for 10,000 pre orders.

Just got back from TRU in the Bronx and came across one of the biggest employee scumbags ever. LOL

Not only did this guy admit to being a scalper, he said if they got any in he would have purchased them himself to sell for $300. The fact that he was open to admit such a thing was hilarious to me, he didn't even try to hide it. Then he had the audacity to flat out lie to me about Toys R Us not getting any new stock any where in the USA. I told him people were posting proof receipts online and stuff. He said they were fake. I chuckled because I knew he was full of sh*t. 

The employee didn't even know the released date of the SNES mini. I had to tell him what it was. This is what we can expect when the SNES mini gets released. Scumbag employees and scalpers. I knew they wouldn't have any in stock, especially in NYC but hey can't hurt to look. I made him check the inventory in stores around NYC, he claimed none had any stock. But I could not see the screen myself, he could have been lying. Its a shame this is what we will be dealing with when SNES mini is released. ugh...

Just got back from TRU in the Bronx and came across one of the biggest employee scumbags ever. LOL

Not only did this guy admit to being a scalper, he said if they got any in he would have purchased them himself to sell for $300. The fact that he was open to admit such a thing was hilarious to me, he didn't even try to hide it. Then he had the audacity to flat out lie to me about Toys R Us not getting any new stock any where in the USA. I told him people were posting proof receipts online and stuff. He said they were fake. I chuckled because I knew he was full of sh*t.

The employee didn't even know the released date of the SNES mini. I had to tell him what it was. This is what we can expect when the SNES mini gets released. Scumbag employees and scalpers. I knew they wouldn't have any in stock, especially in NYC but hey can't hurt to look. I made him check the inventory in stores around NYC, he claimed none had any stock. But I could not see the screen myself, he could have been lying. Its a shame this is what we will be dealing with when SNES mini is released. ugh...
That employee needs to be... EXPOSED. Identity and all.

Speaking as a TRU employee, he's a shit bird for saying he scalps them. Should know by now to not talk about that. But unless he works every day when shipments come in, it's entirely possible he has no idea if they had any the previous day and could totally believe everything is lies. Unless I'm there when something happens, no one tells me shit and I have to find out myself.

Speaking as a TRU employee, he's a shit bird for saying he scalps them. Should know by now to not talk about that. But unless he works every day when shipments come in, it's entirely possible he has no idea if they had any the previous day and could totally believe everything is lies. Unless I'm there when something happens, no one tells me shit and I have to find out myself.
I couldn't believe he admitted that he was a scalper. I never mentioned anything to him about reselling or anything, he just brought it up himself. First thing I was thinking when he said that was, now why would he tell me if they had them in stock? He would just lie and keep it for himself right. Could you check the inventory if you ever get the chance around the NYC area? I just want to see if he was telling the truth. You never know there could be a random place in Brooklyn NY that may have one NES Classic left.

As much as I'd love to have NES classic, I already have a couple OG Nintendo's and modding a mini famicon into the NA version is still going to be easier than getting a classic for $100. I could probably get it up and running with controller ports in my lunch break. Doesn't mean I'm not going to stop looking though...haha

As much as I'd love to have NES classic, I already have a couple OG Nintendo's and modding a mini famicon into the NA version is still going to be easier than getting a classic for $100. I could probably get it up and running with controller ports in my lunch break. Doesn't mean I'm not going to stop looking though...haha
Thats my plan! Just got confirmation from ebay about my JST 1.5mm ZH 6-Pin Female connector with wire shipping. I got the confirmation for my overpriced famicom mini yesterday. Will have coolest looking NES mini soon :D

Getting CNN on the case :rofl:
Funny you mention that, CNN will likely land in legal trouble for threatening to dox hanassholesolo from Reddit

On topic I tried using the middleman site borderlinx to order a snes classic from mediamarkt but could not get the order to go through. Essentially you would be paying for shipping twice and paying the ten dollar middleman fee to buy from euro websites that do not ship to the usa

I was tempted to pull out my camera phone to record the whole conversation. But figured its not worth it. The guy looked like a total loser. LOL
A loser who will have a pocket full of cash when the SNES classic comes out. Is anyone who actually wants one of these going to have a chance in hell of getting one at retail price? It's not looking too promising from what I've been seeing.

FCC rumor probably started due to MS and the One X.

"*This device has not been approved by the Federal Communications Commission. It is not for sale until the FCC approval has been obtained."

FCC rumor probably started due to MS and the One X.

"*This device has not been approved by the Federal Communications Commission. It is not for sale until the FCC approval has been obtained."
So just to be clear, we have three power of the internet to connect all the world's brilliant minds and we still end up with the kind of rumors you saw back in the day on the school yard during recess.

Funny you mention that, CNN will likely land in legal trouble for threatening to dox hanassholesolo from Reddit

On topic I tried using the middleman site borderlinx to order a snes classic from mediamarkt but could not get the order to go through. Essentially you would be paying for shipping twice and paying the ten dollar middleman fee to buy from euro websites that do not ship to the usa
You need to stop believing anything conservative sources tell you, because that isn't even close to true. Sometimes it amazes me at how easy it is to BS people on the Internet. But I guess the whole FCC thing was a good reminder.

http://gizmodo.com/once-more-around-the-trump-bullshit-merry-go-round-1796653470

Yeah, I live fairly close to a TRU in Queens but not gonna even bother...sucks

You need to stop believing anything conservative sources tell you, because that isn't even close to true. Sometimes it amazes me at how easy it is to BS people on the Internet. But I guess the whole FCC thing was a good reminder.

http://gizmodo.com/once-more-around-the-trump-bullshit-merry-go-round-1796653470
And Gizmodo is just as left-leaning with reporting (https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/gizmodo/); it's all ratings and who you prefer to get your "entertainment" echoing from.

Please keep this discussion to the SNES...missed out on another order opportunity yesterday. :(

And Gizmodo is just as left-leaning with reporting (https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/gizmodo/); it's all ratings and who you prefer to get your "entertainment" echoing from.

Please keep this discussion to the SNES...missed out on another order opportunity yesterday. :(
Did you READ the article and the points it made? I just chose that one because it broke it down pretty well. It is fact versus "OMG CNN IS FAKE NEWS" nonsense.

We are 106 pages into a thread about a product that is no closer to being open for preorder than it was a week ago when this started. You kind of have to expect small detours, especially when someone makes a statement that is provably untrue.

This thread needs to be closed or only deal with the SNES its getting out of hand.
There has been no news since last Monday other than imports coming up from time to time, if you count the number of new information posts and not just chatter this thread would be like 5 pages, tops. People are getting antsy at what now looks like an indefinite timeframe on when pre-orders become available. Idle hands are the devil's tools, and this was never really a "Deal" thread anyways.

Whoever brought politics into this thread should be banished from earth never to be seen again.  :p

At least keep the posts related to gaming, m'kay.

CNN just reported that there's definite collusion with the White House and Russia.  Apparently, there's secret recordings of Trump saying he wants a SNES to play co-op with his BFF Putin.

bread's done
Back