SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I have had associates at two stored tell me no and they will not come back in stock. I told them I bought one last week and they are surprised. At one store another associate corrected the associate and said that some stores received them. If I find one I will report out.

One Manhattan store said Wayne, NJ had a good amount in stock. Called them and she said no, but another store back in Ohio said a store in Jersey had a lot as well.

Anybody near there? Too far for me to travel.

I already have a SNES and half the games on the classic so the only real reason to pick it up is Star Fox 2 and is that really worth it? You know they will release it on the switch virtual console eventually.
Well, I'm not sure about your TV, but my HDTV certainly doesn't have an RGB output, and this is (I believe) the only way to play these games properly in HD without lag. Also, the SNES Classic will have the definitive version of Yoshi's Island, which along with Star Fox 2, used the FX chip, which hasn't been properly emulated until now. Another thing, the value you're getting for MSRP is absolutely insane even if you buy them on Virtual Console.

In summary, there are several nerdy, sensible reasons why people are freaking out about the SNES Classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many moons ago I worked at TMobile. 

THere was this WINDOWS phone -- yes windows -- that was so hot, so in demand. I think it was called "Windows HD" (I got PS1 running on it, which at the time was incredible). 

Anyway. People constantly called us for this phone. All the time. Everyone wanted it, but stock was seriously limited. After a while, you get really annoyed with people asking for it. You just do. IDC who you are, eventually, you will get annoyed. So cut annoyed sales people some slack when asking for a product that's been out of existence since the beginning of time. 

Also, the phone sucked. Way too buggy. 

One Manhattan store said Wayne, NJ had a good amount in stock. Called them and she said no, but another store back in Ohio said a store in Jersey had a lot as well.

Anybody near there? Too far for me to travel.
This is where I picked up mine yesterday. They had 2 left after I bought mine. Being as I only found out about the Wayne store through this thread and it's unlikely that I was the only one in striking distance to the store, I would put money on them being legitimately sold out by now and the reports you're getting are from a stock search that hasn't updated yet.

However, fwiw, that Wayne store is literally down the road from TRU corporate, so who knows. The store is definitely not what you would call flagship (considering it was a repurposed Child World when they shut down in the 90s). I only saw the open case and no others shaped the same that were sealed. It's possible they had another case or so tucked away? I wouldn't bet on it though - so much that I wouldn't send anyone I know there to hunt for one. This area is pretty vicious when it comes to reselling.

This is where I picked up mine yesterday. They had 2 left after I bought mine. Being as I only found out about the Wayne store through this thread and it's unlikely that I was the only one in striking distance to the store, I would put money on them being legitimately sold out by now and the reports you're getting are from a stock search that hasn't updated yet.

However, fwiw, that Wayne store is literally down the road from TRU corporate, so who knows. The store is definitely not what you would call flagship (considering it was a repurposed Child World when they shut down in the 90s). I only saw the open case and no others shaped the same that were sealed. It's possible they had another case or so tucked away? I wouldn't bet on it though - so much that I wouldn't send anyone I know there to hunt for one. This area is pretty vicious when it comes to reselling.
Manhattan express said that NJ store had 12 and an Ohio one by where my brother lives said a store in Jersey had over 10 and one in PA had some. That's all I was able to see. 10-12 seemed excessive.

Manhattan express said they had 12 and an Ohio one by where my brother lives said a store in Jersey had over 10 and one in PA had some. That's all I was able to see. 10-12 seemed excessive.
Is it the location on West 33rd and 6th Ave NYC? If they really have 12, I should go and check it out. I'm only 30 minutes from there.

Edit: I just called that location and the girl immediate said they didn't have any. She didn't even bother to check the inventory system at all, she just straight up said they only had the Atari and no NES Classic without checking.

Many moons ago I worked at TMobile.

THere was this WINDOWS phone -- yes windows -- that was so hot, so in demand. I think it was called "Windows HD" (I got PS1 running on it, which at the time was incredible).

Anyway. People constantly called us for this phone. All the time. Everyone wanted it, but stock was seriously limited. After a while, you get really annoyed with people asking for it. You just do. IDC who you are, eventually, you will get annoyed. So cut annoyed sales people some slack when asking for a product that's been out of existence since the beginning of time.

Also, the phone sucked. Way too buggy.
Doesn't matter. Do your job. The customer asking about it is not one of the last forty people that have asked you about it. Smile and say "I don't know". Or find someone who does know. Don't sit there and lie to my face or insult my intelligence. Most importantly, when I smile and walk away due to your ignorance, it's probably not best to re-engage me and continue the charade.

If you want to take a play out of the part-time Gamestop employee playbook, make up bullshit to a customer who is obviously more informed than you, then they are going to get irritated.

Is it the location on West 33rd and 6th Ave NYC? If they really have 12, I should go and check it out. I'm only 30 minutes from there.

Edit: I just called that location and the girl immediate said they didn't have any. She didn't even bother to check the inventory system at all, she just straight up said they only had the Atari and no NES Classic without checking. I don't believe her.
Sorry for how I phrased that. She said the Wayne, NJ one had 12.

I literally own all 20 of the games on the SNES Classic and I still want one for Star Fox 2 alone, since it's the closest thing to a physical release of that game that we will get.

[attachment=27151:20170704_163338.jpg][attachment=27152:20170704_163400.jpg][attachment=27153:20170704_163344.jpg]

Doesn't matter. Do your job. The customer asking about it is not one of the last forty people that have asked you about it. Smile and say "I don't know". Or find someone who does know. Don't sit there and lie to my face or insult my intelligence. Most importantly, when I smile and walk away due to your ignorance, it's probably not best to re-engage me and continue the charade.

If you want to take a play out of the part-time Gamestop employee playbook, make up bullshit to a customer who is obviously more informed than you, then they are going to get irritated.
I said "annoyed."

IDK what you're talking about. Sounds like a deep, personal experience you might have had.

Try yoga, maybe?

Sad that we expect this level of diligence with a lowly paid, minimum wage retail employee and we don't hold elected officials to even close to the same standard - especially when all of them are just lying, straight faced, right into ours and "insult[ing] our intelligence" all the time.

Just an observation. Carry on.

If we started an exchange, we could help people out that missed out on the NES with a SNES for trade. And if people were able to snag a couple of SNEs classics, do the honorable thing and sell one if you have an extra one preordered. I have an Snes classic preorder from Amazon Germany and would gladly exchange my SNES classic US preorder if I am one of the lucky ones. If I am able to get one from Amazon, and one from Best Buy, I will sell mine at retail value just to make sure an honest CAG gets one if he or she didn't get a chance.

I apologize in advance if this has been answered. 273 pages.

How long do you think it will be after the SNES Classic is approved by the FCC until we can preorder it?

Sad that we expect this level of diligence with a lowly paid, minimum wage retail employee and we don't hold elected officials to even close to the same standard - especially when all of them are just lying, straight faced, right into ours and "insult[ing] our intelligence" all the time.

Just an observation. Carry on.
Yeah, I noticed the same things.

I would love to see how most of those around here who hold "everyone" to these high standards, actually operate in their normal every day lives? Do they put up with shit like this, or turn the other cheek when required? How well do they perform at their jobs etc.

I agree there is a rather high standard set for people working some pretty low level jobs, but like most things in life, the shit rolls down hill, so no one in a position of power is ever going to hear or care about any of these issues, but the guy who really deserves a raise and better treatment in general gets to hear about how poorly they are doing their job from God only knows who, and then they wonder why people just don't give a flying fuck 99% of the time.

I apologize in advance if this has been answered. 273 pages.

How long do you think it will be after the SNES Classic is approved by the FCC until we can preorder it?
Per the FCC website, it takes 6-8 weeks to get through approval process.

Companies do, however, have the option to fast track the approval process through third parties the FCC has accredited. This takes "1-2 weeks," per FCC website.

I believe we've passed the "1-2 week" period, but idk anything. There was the holidays recently and who knows when Nintendo submitted or plans to submit.

I literally own all 20 of the games on the SNES Classic and I still want one for Star Fox 2 alone, since it's the closest thing to a physical release of that game that we will get.

attachicon.gif
20170704_163338.jpg
attachicon.gif
20170704_163400.jpg
attachicon.gif
20170704_163344.jpg
Awesome collection, I am super envious!

Thanks to the people here who mentioned the final TRU shipment of the NES Classic! Today I drove to my local store and got them to check the inventory of nearby stores, and one had 3. The store was a 45 minute drive away, so they held it for me. One per customer, and by the time i got back with my friend to buy a second for my brother, they had sold the other two.

The manager said they'd arrived randomly this morning, and that the nintendo rep had told them previously that there wouldn't be anymore. The managers at both stores that I visited were super nice and helpful. This was in Nashville, TN.

I didn't think I'd get one without paying scalper prices. I don't plan to sell it.  :)

yeah that Starfox 2 release makes it seem like Nintendo almost.... almost is listening to their fans....
bwahahahahahahahahahahah ... bwhahahahahahahaha ... yeah, yeah, I know ... of course, just when you think so ... wait for the launch and see how badly they screw it up.

I hope I'm wrong. It'd be crazy if it's true - 12+ classics at a single store for more than a day? Pretty much unheard of.
I hope for the best & wish you grab one for yourself. I wish you would've got me one but I gonna check my area after work at 12PM and see if they got any.

Let's take a moment to realize in just over 2 months these two songs will be FINALLY be CANNON! Which means they could be remixed in the next smash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eM3_Tabpro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSJnjZdbqLc

If anyone can find any NES Classics within 4 or 5 hours of Cleveland, I'll go to the TRU and get two and will sell the second at cost to whoever helps me find them.

If you are still looking for the NES Classic, don't give up. A friend of mine called and had his the store look it up. They said the Rockford, IL ToysRUs still has some in Stock as of 2 minutes ago.

If you want to call, the store can look it up by sku. The sku is: 099263
FYI, I just stopped by the store in Wayne, NO and they have the NEW Classic in a locked drawer at Customer Service and couldn't see how many there were. Seems be a at least few more.

They're limiting it to one per person so I couldn't even pick up another for anyone. There was nary another person in the store so I couldn't ask anyone to help me purchase one either.

Hope this helps for anyone nearby hoping to get one.

Question: with this all these late shipments of NES classics trickling in, has anyone seen the official controllers for sale? I missed out on buying an extra, and I was hoping they would produce more of those than consoles considering they work with the Wii/Wii U.

Looks like my game.co.uk order will get canceled. Paypal says the transaction was rejected by game for some unknown reason but game still shows the order and when i called game about my order they told me all the orders for the snes were UK only and anything outside would most likely be canceled. :( 

Looks like my game.co.uk order will get canceled. Paypal says the transaction was rejected by game for some unknown reason but game still shows the order and when i called game about my order they told me all the orders for the snes were UK only and anything outside would most likely be canceled. :(
Interesting, I had my order cancelled from the first round and it was for a UK address. I think this is just GAME being a shitty retailer like usual.

Checked again at my local TRU in Oklahoma, still no late arriving NES Classics. They checked inventory and haven't received any for months.
I had the guy check OK, KS, MO, IL, NE, and CO yesterday when I was at the store. The only stores he said showed any were in Westminster and Aurora Colorado. Except the one in Springfield Missouri where the other employee was a peckerhead about it.

when you pay with Paypal using a credit card doesn't it charge immediately? I bought one from Game.co.uk back on 6/26 but can't find the purchase anywhere in my Paypal activity. You'd at least see a cancellation or a refund right? I don't see a transaction anywhere.

(I never buy things through Paypal using a personal credit card so I don't know)

So many people rocking the boat between here and Discord...  :(

Hope everyone's orders stick, but I feel the more calls they get the more likely they may cancel widespread.

when you pay with Paypal using a credit card doesn't it charge immediately? I bought one from Game.co.uk back on 6/26 but can't find the purchase anywhere in my Paypal activity. You'd at least see a cancellation or a refund right? I don't see a transaction anywhere.

(I never buy things through Paypal using a personal credit card so I don't know)
I thought it did that's why i was questioning it....

FYI, I just stopped by the store in Wayne, NO and they have the NEW Classic in a locked drawer at Customer Service and couldn't see how many there were. Seems be a at least few more.

They're limiting it to one per person so I couldn't even pick up another for anyone. There was nary another person in the store so I couldn't ask anyone to help me purchase one either.

Hope this helps for anyone nearby hoping to get one.
What state is NO?

I'm hoping when the SNES listing go live on amazon they will limit it to prime members.
Yeah, me too- or at least, give Prime members first shot at it. I know a lot of people don't like it but it's no different than places like Costco or Sams club where it's members only.

But at this point, I feel like we likely won't get pre-orders in the US.

bread's done
Back