SNES Classic Discussion Thread

stopped by my toysrus 2 days ago asking about it, manager said nothing was coming...randomly popped back in today and the store got 6, employee tells me they sold all of them..... then I see the same manager was there and he said he held one for me up at the front.

insanely nice gesture, didn't even ask them to hold it.

Last edited by a moderator:
stopped by my toysrus 2 days ago asking about it, manager said nothing was coming...randomly popped back in today and the store got 6, employee tells me they sold all of them..... then I see the same manager was there and he said he held one for me up at the front.

Why can't I ever get this lucky. People in NYC are incapable of nice gestures like that. ugh...

My only chance at ever getting one will be to trade a SNES Mini for a NES Classic. That's if I can secure a damn USA Pre-order if they ever open up.

Email or call corporate praising said manager. Don't even have to go into detail. You'd be surprised at how much that actually helps/does for managers in corporate chains like that. That manager was awesome.

Has anyone in Chicagoland found one? Called 3 different TRUs, all 3 acted like I was crazy. Even tried the TRY back in my parents town... nada. 

Ok peeps, I just had an associate check the stock in the Northeast and there is 1 in Framingham, MA and 1 in NJ somewhere as of 10:15am EST. Happy hunting.

Ok peeps, I just had an associate check the stock in the Northeast and there is 1 in Framingham, MA and 1 in NJ somewhere as of 10:15am EST. Happy hunting.
I called the Framingham TRU, the guy said he hasn't seen any since release. I have no idea if he's BSing me or not, but the store is an hour and a half away from me.

I'm in CT.

I called the Framingham TRU, the guy said he hasn't seen any since release. I have no idea if he's BSing me or not, but the store is an hour and a half away from me.

I'm in CT.
I was told that it was on the floor and it could be inaccurate. If I had to guess, we're being mislead by the person in Framingham because they received some units.

Any in NH?
None.

I didn't have proof he said it. It would just be a case of he said she said, he would just deny it. Now if I recorded him saying it on my phone then something could have been done. Not worth the hassle though. Next time I will be secretly recording all conversations I have with employees from any place when the SNES mini gets released. Hopefully I can pre-order it so I wont ever have to set foot into a retail store to buy one.
You're gonna record the employees? I mean I understand being upset at scalper employees.. but yikes thats a bit much.

The best bet is to go anyway. I was told different things by TRU employees. They did have stock but one lied to me about being sold out. Just go if you can. I would, but I'm keeping an eye out for one SNES I can play, not scalp. So many good memories with the SNES as a kid.

You're gonna record the employees? I mean I understand being upset at scalper employees.. but yikes thats a bit much.
Is this your first day in one of these "N" threads where supply is laughable at best? LOL

Guys threatening some form of useless action is pretty much the order of the day, sadly.

Wow what a great manager! Kudos to the manager and happy you got one!

Unfortunately I think the topic of this thread is ALL THINGS NOT THE SNES.

Sadness, really. Back when this thread was on topic people were actually being helped and able to preorder them.

There's nothing going on in the SNES front... and NES stock is rare right now. Not too bad of a thing to help each other score one if they popped up no?

There's nothing going on in the SNES front... and NES stock is rare right now. Not too bad of a thing to help each other score one if they popped up no?
It's not a bad thing at all, some people are just complaining because that's what they like to do online. Not that it really affects me. Have at it :)

Totally biased because I got a NES classic because of people posting here about it, though. Not gonna lie.

If it wasn't for this thread alerting me to the NES shipment at Toys R Us, I never would have gotten one. And I would still be grumpy about it!

So even though it's technically off topic, I am okay with mentioning the NES. At least until we get any kind of news about the SNES!

Vegas stores are always hard to find anything
I have to agree on that point, as I never see normal stock most the time, let alone some harder to find items.
Then going to stores must be...a gamble.

giphy.gif

Local news and Cag alerted me and my friend waking me up and 6 something in the morning lucky i got second in for last shipment in my area for the NES Classic and hopefully it wont be the same fiasco again with the Snes.

Anyone in the NW (Greater Seattle area) find an NES Classic at TRU in the last couple of days?  Or is this just the East/midwest so far?? 

Who else is reporting the eBay listings? I can't stand the opportunists tring to make a quick buck off this item and are preventing the people from buying them.

Who else is reporting the eBay listings? I can't stand the opportunists tring to make a quick buck off this item and are preventing the people from buying them.
What's the point? They'll continue to be re listed and pop up over and over again, ultimately once the system comes out they're going to be flooded with them anyway and people will pay those prices.

I don't have one listed on ebay but how mad must you be to sit around all day to report people selling a product?

If you don't like it simply don't buy it.

Speak with your money, nothing is stopping anyone from relisting or making new accounts to sell the SNES classic.

Confirmed my TRU got about 6 NES classics last week.  I'm thinking almost every store got them by now then. That was weird.

And yeah, I'm posting NES classic in the SNES classic thread because who knows where the other dead thread is, and this thread is already 95 pages of F'ING GARBAGE already.

I don't have one listed on ebay but how mad must you be to sit around all day to report people selling a product?
If you don't like it simply don't buy it.
Speak with your money, nothing is stopping anyone from relisting or making new accounts to sell the SNES classic.
I did the same thing with the NES classic and am doing it again with this. I don't mind taking out my time to do the right thing.

If people list them within the 30 day pre-order window, there are no grounds to remove the listing. People can do whatever they want with their SNES Classics. Don't like it, take it up with Uncle Sam. It's called capitalism.

I did the same thing with the NES classic and am doing it again with this. I don't mind taking out my time to do the right thing.
Preventing someone from ordering snes classic that they were going to order on ebay anyway?

You're the true hero of Ebay, thank you for saving everyone from ordering a over-price product they were to buy anyway.
Perhaps once everyone learns how hard it is to get the snes classic(which it is so far) the price will go up compared to the current selling price as of now.

You're truly helping people buy a product at a higher price later.

On a serious note, I'm blessed to order my UK order when I did.
But I don't see the point of going around on ebay for countless hours reporting an auction just because they're selling something.

It's just how the market worked since the beginning of time itself, supply and demand.

bread's done
Back