SNES Classic Discussion Thread

nintendo systems are never sealed since the Wii U. same goes for 3DS and the NES Classics.
My 3DS XL Link Between Worlds Edition was sticker sealed and I believe that came out after the Wii U launched. I checked a few new units on eBay too and they're also sticker sealed in the same way: 2 stickers on one side and 1 sticker on the other.

My 3DS XL Link Between Worlds Edition was sticker sealed and I believe that came out after the Wii U launched. I checked a few new units on eBay too and they're also sticker sealed in the same way: 2 stickers on one side and 1 sticker on the other.
Got a Switch from Amazon recently and that didn't come sticker sealed. Maybe it's only for special edition/variant consoles like that 3DS XL?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sooooo do we think the article is garbage or what? Any new / recent cancellations?
I think garbage is all Polygon publishes.

The cancellations started on the 22nd.

https://twitter.com/benjamin_bear/status/888655259517812736

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/6oun1q/entirely_possible_walmart_preorders_are_in_error/

There were a ton of cancellations on the 22nd, likely for the amount they oversold. This doesn't mean we are safe if they haven't been canceled yet, but if your orders survived 48 hours after the first round of cancellations you are doing better than their article implies.

My Walmart confirmation email was received almost immediately after the order was placed on Friday at 10:06PM. I ordered 1 unit. The order still has a status of processing. No cancellation.

I'm not sure why people are giving these customers service rep that much merit on their response given that it was a late Friday night when these reponse were made. Also can't believe these reports from Polygon and Kotaku are just using a chat session with a cs rep as their source.

Sounds about right. Walmart just jumped the gun. The reason pre-orders aren't up anywhere is because Nintendo is having issues pushing it through the FTC. I was kinda confused on why Walmart was able to do pre-orders up lol.

Pretty sure these customer-reps just worked from their home....even they don't know what they are talking about.

Still got my 2 preordered so far. I preordered at 11:33pm. Im thinking the later people were canceled first and maybe, the handful that did it early enough will be safe as they KNOW they will have SOME in stock. It remains to be seen but i check my email daily and the walmart app to make sure its still good, which it is.

I placed two separate orders for a total of 2 and both are still good

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

to everyone who still has their preorder..   did they charge you the whole amount already?   my manager mentioned something about walmart did not cancel peoples orders if the funds are immediately available.

to everyone who still has their preorder.. did they charge you the whole amount already? my manager mentioned something about walmart did not cancel peoples orders if the funds are immediately available.
My charges on my cc are pending.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I'm not worried so much about my orders (ease up, it was two orders of one apiece) being canceled as I am about them being fulfilled by Lasershit.

I'm absolutely amazed at how so many people don't understand account holds on preorders when preordering is so prevalent in this hobby.

My order for two is good still.  I'll still be reserving orders everywhere else they go live.  Not taking chances on this.  I BARELY dodged the bullet with getting a NES classic.  I don't count on anything until it's in my hands.

did all you punks that ordered 2 have to use different accounts/cards? or did they not have a one per person limit. your the reason it sold out in 20 minutes

to everyone who still has their preorder.. did they charge you the whole amount already? my manager mentioned something about walmart did not cancel peoples orders if the funds are immediately available.
I still have my pre-order. I used PayPal and the money has already left my bank account. Ordered 3 if that matters.

My pending charge fell off today, Walmart order still has processing. I only ordered 1, figured that was the limit. I do plan on ordering from every other retailer I get the opportunity to, rather be safe then sorry. 

i was at San Diego comic-con so i missed it when it dropped at walmart.com.

hopefully i still have a chance to get it at bestbuy or amazon.

Of course I was on a flight Friday when orders went up. I wasn't about to pay 30 bucks to use Wi-Fi on American airlines, so I whipped out the 3ds and missed everything. That'll show me

My orders are still active.

Just don't try and change the shipping address... You can't do it , and the CSRs cannot do it either.. they have to cancel the order... and then you are screwed.

No mention of the ThinkGeek situation? Apparently they had thousands of NES Classics for sale in bundles on the website. Yet again I was too late to the party and they sold out about 20 minutes before I became aware.

^^They were bundled with at least $100 worth of their useless crap depending on the bundle.. Slimy move. Maybe more slimy than scalpers but that's debatable. Sat it out.

^^They were bundled with at least $100 worth of their useless crap depending on the bundle.. Slimy move. Maybe more slimy than scalpers but that's debatable. Sat it out.
Yeah, doubt I would have actually gone through with it if I had the chance. I'm still pretty curious about the stockpile they were sitting on.

Surprised GameStop didn't open then and call them used and sell them at dickebay prices.

My pending charge with Walmart fell off too. My order still shows pending though on Walmart's site and I have been monitoring my email for any cancelation notice. I only ordered 1 and chose in store pick up.

bread's done
Back