SNES Classic Discussion Thread

They're supposed to be making a shit ton of these to meet demand this time around, right?
They won't. SNES is the most beloved game console of all time. They can make twice as many but there will be 10x as many people wanting one in addition to people who heard about NES and will be trying to get these to flip. It will likely be way worse than NES.

I just (3:30 EST) received an unsolicited email from Walmart concerning my preorder of 1 unit (purchased via PayPal). For any curious in finding hidden meaning, I'll refrain from speculation and post the email in all of its glory (sans personal/order information):

We wanted to let your know that your preorder item release date has changed. The updated release date is 09/29/2017.
Please review your order details below.

We're sorry if this date change is an inconvenience. The product manufacturer controls the release date for this product and we'll ship it to you as quickly as we can once it's released.

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.

-Your Walmart Customer Care Team

It's up to you as to whether you want to interpret this as tacit confirmation that at least some preorders will be honored, nonevidence as it is a result of a system generated message in response to a database change, passive aggressive behavior from a disgruntled employee, a plot to overthrow local/foreign governments. Because I lied when I said I wouldn't speculate, I'll go ahead and say that I'm leaning towards nonevidence but a distant second is tacit confirmation.

Walmart just cancelled mine

Thank you for your interest in the Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Classic Edition. As you are aware, this is a highly sought after console that will launch later this fall.

Unfortunately, due to a technical glitch, the Super Nintendo Classic Edition was mistakenly made available last Friday evening ahead of the official release date. We, regrettably, will have to cancel this item on your order. We know that this is incredibly disappointing to you, and we’re truly sorry for this mistake.

In regards to the cancellation of this item, if you paid by credit card, your card has not been charged. Any authorization holds placed on your account will automatically expire in accordance with the card issuer's policy. If you paid through PayPal or with a gift card, your payment will be refunded when the order is cancelled.

The official launch date for this item is 9/29, please check the product page on Walmart.com prior to that date for any updates.

I do hope you’ll give us another chance to earn back your business.

Warm regards,
Deserie Dulaney
Sr. Director Customer Care
Walmart.com

our wish might have come true....
My reaction to everyone who bought multiple units to flip for profit getting their orders cancelled:

did_it_ever_happen_to_you_when_01.gif

However, sucks for those who legit wanted one for themselves.

Chalk this up to the few whiny butthurt people with late orders that got cancelled who didn't stop pestering Wal Mart support until they cancelled everybody's.

Now everyone is butthurt together!

Solidarity!

/s
Many people on reddit who either missed it or ordered late and got cancelled are reveling and cheering in the 'streets' right now. Just makes me want to double down and get like 10 of these just to post pics next time they bitch about missing it.

I should expect nothing less from the same generation who constantly cries to developers to nerf things in games to hurt everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chalk this up to the few whiny butthurt people with late orders that got cancelled who didn't stop pestering Wal Mart support until they cancelled everybody's.
OR they cancelled everyone's Walmart orders just like it was reported a few days ago.

:wall:

I feel like years from now, those who partook in hunting this down, and participated in this thread, will remember it like some sort of war. 

"I was there, man. I was there."

This is such a cluster already and the only ones to blame are Nintendo and their inability to properly manage supply chains and customer expectations.  

Weird. I placed two orders that night. I received one cancellation email and one updated delivery date email. ... Talk about mixed signals!

Okay. Alright. I'm not going to let this Classic business get me down. I'm just going to use it as an excuse to blow $900 on an Analogue NT Mini, 1CHIP SNES, and SD2SNES. Can't put a price tag on the peace of mind of having something better than what I wanted but can't have.

Weird. I placed two orders that night. I received one cancellation email and one updated delivery date email. ... Talk about mixed signals!
Same thing, just received another email saying the delivery date is 9/29. But both my preorders plus my friends is still processing. No cancellation as of yet on walmart order page.

Still no email for me and it still says processing. They must be going from the last preorders to the first because i did mine approx 3 min after it went live.

I sit here, optimistic, but I know the inevitable comes for me. I'd love to goto a store and wait in a long line to get one on release date, but I have a job, so thats not an option as it'd be a weekday and I work 9-5. I really hope this time is different than the NES classic fiasco.

You can work a 9-5 and still get this. 24 hour Walmart and Meijer are your best bet. Scope out the store in advance, take a chair at 10 and you should be cool.

My orders were finally cancelled too. Is this the thread where I come to complain about it? What a cruel world! What will I do? There won't be any left for poor little old me now...

Seriously people complaining take a chill pill. No preorders does not mean the end of the world. They will go up for sale and if Nintendo actually has their act together (granted that's a big if) then there should be no problem for the average CAG to secure one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can work a 9-5 and still get this. 24 hour Walmart and Meijer are your best bet. Scope out the store in advance, take a chair at 10 and you should be cool.
Right but this item will most likely only be available at store opening and to a handful of people. Cant wait in line thursday night when i gotta work at 8am on friday morning. And for 24 hour stores, theyll probably sell it at midnight which, again, theyll probably have a line.

Long story short, some of us rely on online purchases/preorders due to work schedules. Nothing wrong with preorders especially since im not a flipper and actually want one to play as I did when I got an NES classic. And if my friend didn't get one of those for me i'd be out of luck.

Cancelled as well about 10 minutes or so ago. I'm tripling down next round. I just wanted one.

Good luck to everyone, I predict itll be worse than the Nes classic trying to get one. Better start talking and getting in the inside tip now. And LIMITS lol people will buy more than one, whether it be bringing in a group of people, walking outside store and coming back in...or just not giving a  %##%#@ remember at that Target some lady did the inside job and sold the whole stock to her relative on camera/video.

I got a Nes classic in the zero hour in April(few days before they announced they weren't shipping anymore) just randomly checking in a Walmart, and it wasn't even what I was there for. I went early cause I fell asleep early,wokeup,snagged breakfast and had to pickup some gifts. So I figured Ill check out the Switch stuff, look over WTF 1 Nes classic left in case couldn't believe what I was seeing. I think he said they got in 4-5 that shipment.

Another thing too how can you expect to ever have a chance of obtaining one when theres only a handful coming in at a time. Not to mention if they allocate alot of them to Amazon again like they did with the NES classic.

Walmart is still holding my funds from the Debit card I used even though they canceled my SNES classic pre-order. And to top it off they still have not canceled a pre-order I put for a game over a week ago. It still says "Cancellation Requested". WTF is wrong with Walmart? I would think twice now dealing with them for online or pre-order purchases. Horrible. They need to stop holding my funds for that SNES Classic pre-order. 

Yeah I've pretty much decided I'll probably go to best buy after work the night before with a book and hope to get lucky to be early enough in line. I'm not checking here often enough to catch one of the 10 minute preorder windows that may pop up

I just got an email from B&H saying item no longer available? 

EDIT: It says item is "still not available." 

After seeing the email I clicked link to SNES and whipped out my CC so fast .... I slowly slipped it back in upon arriving to page, though. 

From Nintendo on Facebook 

"We appreciate the incredible anticipation that exists for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition system, and can confirm that it will be made available for pre-order by various retailers late this month.

A significant amount of additional systems will be shipped to stores for launch day, and throughout the balance of the calendar year."

bread's done
Back