SNES Classic Discussion Thread

I have really come to despise Nintendo. Sad really since I grew up with them. I was even thinking of buying a Switch. Oh wait, I can't even buy their LATEST console due to stock issues, much less this thing. Unless I want to buy an expensive bundle from FlipStop. Done for good with this company.

Signed, a proud Xbox One and PS4 owner.

I do not have much faith in the Amazon pre-orders. After the Walmart Fiasco I won't feel safe until I have a console in hand.
Trust me, I am still praying that my amazon.co.uk and/or game.co.uk orders will ship...

"Just 39 more days to pray for"

Last edited by a moderator:
I have really come to despise Nintendo. Sad really since I grew up with them. I was even thinking of buying a Switch. Oh wait, I can't even buy their LATEST console due to stock issues, much less this thing. Unless I want to buy an expensive bundle from FlipStop. Done for good with this company.

Cool story. Feel free to stop visiting Nintendo threads then.

Called one of my local GameStops to see if they'd heard anything about today's mystery "announcement,." He had heard vague stuff but didn't know anything and woudn't take my number to call if it popped up. I called another store and that guy was more than happy to jot down my number, so I'm more than happy to throw that guy my pre-order if it happens.

Called one of my local GameStops to see if they'd heard anything about today's mystery "announcement,." He had heard vague stuff but didn't know anything and woudn't take my number to call if it popped up. I called another store and that guy was more than happy to jot down my number, so I'm more than happy to throw that guy my pre-order if it happens.
keep us posted if you can. I called my local, guy didnt hear anything. just said keep your eyes peeled online for anything.

Just called 2 of my stores also and they said that they did not hear anything about pre-orders.

I got SMS alert yesterday to confirm from Gamestop so maybe it is online. If it is, it's day time, their servers will get DDoSed

Found an article that said nintendos main page updated showing Walmart, target, Best Buy, gamestop, toys r us, and amazon and saying pre order now so I wonder if we can expect all 6 stores to go live today. I know Best Buy and amazon did.

Found an article that said nintendos main page updated showing Walmart, target, Best Buy, gamestop, toys r us, and amazon and saying pre order now so I wonder if we can expect all 6 stores to go live today. I know Best Buy and amazon did.
According to a Neogaf post 1PM EST for those retailers.

a0G0k_s-200x150.gif

I have a staff meeting at 1. Should be about a half hour. If I come back and GS and WM went live and sold out, I will be beyond annoyed.

I have a staff meeting at 1. Should be about a half hour. If I come back and GS and WM went live and sold out, I will be beyond annoyed.
i dont know if walmart did, but their site says sold out where this morning it said unavailable.

i dont know if walmart did, but their site says sold out where this morning it said unavailable.
I think that's what the site has said since the disaster last month. Hoping this is true and I can get an order in somewhere at 1 today. I am still very salty at how Amazon handled the pre-orders. Best Buy I at least got my notification, but unfortunately was sleeping when it went live and just happened to randomly wake up 20 minutes after they went up. Got it in my cart, but OOS when I tried to check out. :(

Holy shit that was fast. I did a double take when I saw preorder.

I apparently got my order which is nice since I actually got in on the first walmart preorder just to be cancelled. 

bread's done
Back