SNES Classic Discussion Thread

Might have been more like 30 seconds.  From when I refreshed, saw in stock and finalized my order was maybe 30 seconds, and then I got oos message. 

Wtf had it in the cart and then out of stock before i could even finish. Wish they did that shit like Amazons lightening deals where you have at least a few minutes to order once its in your cart.

And now i just got the email that the SNES is back in stock right after it was removed from my cart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walmart was only 1 minute.  They must be staggering or false start, because their servers didn't even have a chance to crash.

Damn Wal-Mart. Had it in my cart and went OOS during check-out! I suspect orders will be canceled. I didn't see any limits on Wal-Mart so no shock that they sold so fast.

OH DID I SAY 2 MINTUES?? Apparently looking at my comment it was not even 1 minute. This is so messed up I am really pissed off. 
jdw0Evz.png

Got one in on walmart, they even charged my card. Fingers and toes crossed they don't cancel on me.

And yeah, more like 30-45 seconds until OOS, by the time I opened the link to try to secure a second one, it was gone already.

What a shit show. Better make accounts for all of the retailers that are left if you haven't yet. You still might not be quick enough for the bots, though.

Walmart just canceled my one Pre-order WTF. I was on time. The order went through. And now it says canceled. 

Anyone else get their order canceled after it went through?

It had to be an error, high demand or not, it was gone in less than a minute, that just isn't possible
It was on the order list waiting for shipment. I saw it. It also said thank you for your order I ordered the moment it went up. Now its canceled. WTF

Nintendo needs to partner with a retailer, whether it's Gamestop, Amazon, Walmart, whatever, and open up four 15-minute periods of unlimited online pre-orders, limit 1 per customer obviously. Pick a day well in advance, the 15 minute intervals spaced six hours apart, and every single pre-order during those periods will be guaranteed one, even if it means they might have to wait for Nintendo to do another production run.

Scalpers who use bots to pre-order tons of them will be drowning in product since 90 percent of the people who wanted one online will have been able to buy one.

With target, the desktop, mobile and app all produced different results (noticed this during amiibo hype). Keep trying. I got one through mobile

Target, "coming soon", refreshed page, available, added to cart ,"out of stock".

bread's done
Back